Tafée Bowle

johnnyCanuck

I ordered a small without a glass on Friday and today I received it and they included the glass anyway. It does come with the plastic grinder and a total of 5 ceramic bowls.

After charging I vaped a couple bowls and I’d say the buzz is equivalent to 4 TM bowls. I’d love to see this heater placed in a more portable body.

I’d recommend any fence sitters to just buy it and get it over with:-)
I think the only thing needed for a much smaller foot print is to develop a different stem that keeps the vapor super smooth. I mean, does it have to point straight up?

justcametomind

Is there any reason to get the small over the large? I like the idea of drinking ice water and such so I figured bigger is better for my usage, but only if it doesn't affect performance?
I went with the long stem because the small cup felt useless to me. I usually force myself to drink lots of water especially when vaping, so a 250ml cup seemed counterproductive. I don’t want to fill it to the brim and spill on the table while tilting it to vape. I mean, 250ml are safer on a 400ml cup!
And I think longer stem means better heat dissipation and cooler hits. And better results in cooling the vapor with the trick of an iced beverage inside of it.
On top of that sooner or later the feeling is that we’ll be able to get different length stems from their online shop as spare parts.

Vitolo

Vaporist
does it have to point straight up?
Vapor hitting that flat plate head on going downward, and then going back up at ya, could be part of what keeps the vapor so cool.
Following your idea though, does remind me of some of those older style wooden has pipes... sort of squared off...
It would be like using the battery, and sticking a smoking pipe right in there.
Heat eased down upon a regular smoking pipe can allow you to vaporize if you're careful.
The form factor you mention sounds like it is do-able.

johnnyCanuck

Vapor hitting that flat plate head on going downward, and then going back up at ya, could be part of what keeps the vapor so cool.
Following your idea though, does remind me of some of those older style wooden has pipes... sort of squared off...
It would be like using the battery, and sticking a smoking pipe right in there.
Heat eased down upon a regular smoking pipe can allow you to vaporize if you're careful.
The form factor you mention sounds like it is do-able.
Just as easy to have a bent stem come across the surface of the puck as an example (that'd be 2 x 90 degree angles).
Or have a stem wrap around the circumference of the puck... take a draw with the puck vertical? ;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think the only thing needed for a much smaller foot print is to develop a different stem that keeps the vapor super smooth. I mean, does it have to point straight up?

Exactly, no reason it can't do this:

Screenshot-20210125-155326.png

(to borrow crop Stu's photo)

It is the right angle bends that do almost all of the cooling really, so to have the mouthpiece bend across the puck would actually cool it even better than this current stem! And that would make it very portable and even super stealth as well...

And then another stem could just have a round disc platform, under 14-18 mm male tapers between o rings pointing up, to connect with any female 14/18 mm pieces!

almost there

Is there any reason to get the small over the large? I like the idea of drinking ice water and such so I figured bigger is better for my usage, but only if it doesn't affect performance?
The vapor from the bowle is very smooth but dry. You’ll definitely hack a cough, that extra inch in height is added insurance against spills

MinnBobber

With a little searching thru my @Delta3DStudios stash, found two silicone adapters that allow easy hookup to hydratube !

Small one on left is the “Dolly Parton in an A cup” model. It works but tight fit.
Bigger Delta3D adapter works but you need to slightly squeeze it... due to stem curves.
A small adapter should be easy design for Delta3D or @stickstones for Taffee to offer!!!

Note that this makes for some really pleasant vapor....you might not realize how big of a hit you really get.

IMO, water is only needed on #4 heat and maybe level 3.

Attachments

• 91B4ACBD-8394-4A21-8FA6-9172A33EB8CA.jpeg
    91B4ACBD-8394-4A21-8FA6-9172A33EB8CA.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 34

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

(to borrow crop Stu's photo)

It is the right angle bends that do almost all of the cooling really, so to have the mouthpiece bend across the puck would actually cool it even better than this current stem! And that would make it very portable and even super stealth as well...

And then another stem could just have a round disc platform, under 14-18 mm male tapers between o rings pointing up, to connect with any female 14/18 mm pieces!

And I just thought of an amazing idea, for simplicity sake, they could just design one stem that takes that other right angle bend across the puck! All they have to do is put a hole at the top of it, and include a silicone plug for it, so that way if you are using it as a mouthpiece you connect a silicone mouthpiece to the end as you always would... However if you want to use a 14/18 female piece, you would have another silicone plug for the mouthpiece end, and you would remove the silicone plug from the hole at the top, replacing it with the 14-18 male adapter!! Does that make sense?

@MinnBobber that's basically what I tried with my hydratree, Delta3D indica SonG has a little square shape, but the stem is such a weird rectangle with the curve that it only sealed if I squeezed it at the same time lol Also I found the entire thing to unwieldly to make it worthwhile to use, even with my short stem Bowle, I think we really need a proper adapter from Tafée!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What if a lid was made for the cup with tube that attaches from stem mouthpiece into lid to a downstem and then a separate staw mouthpiece coming out of lid. That way you can just put water into cup, place lid and now you have a bubbler bowle. Damn I wish I had 3D printer.

Lol @ converting a premium vaporizer into an acrylic bong :rofl::rofl::rofl:

justcametomind

I'd like a folding mouthpiece with silicon gaskets on the folding edges to keep it airtight when in use, or a permanently folded one with a similar design to the Crafty's mouthpiece on top of the cooling unit, which rises up when displaced from rest position, that leaves free access to the power inlet.
palm trees cat GIF by YoMeryl

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I love the Zong theory, anyone that has ripped one an old zong tube immediately realizes how much extra volume those zigzags add and how much that helps with cooling.

Applying this design to a vape stem works in theory, but I believe will be way more complicated to fabricate well. They would have to design an all new gasket system to accommodate all the different movements, versus having the current, really clean and simple design. The suggestion is also a bit reminiscent of the plenty mouthpiece which was a real PIA to clean regularly.

Am I the only one that is just fat-happy with this vape as it is? I don't seek to pair with a water piece and love the simplicity of design all around. The battery life does not bother me either, my use is heavily demanding on batteries and I am just fine charging after every pot or two.... a vape like this demands a lot of power, I expect to charge accordingly.

Anyone experimenting with the Bowle for concentrates?
Thoughts? Findings? I imagine level 4 would provide some effect.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I picked the large cup because the smaller one wouldn't hold a quadruple vodka and cranberry with maximum ice. I can confirm that each night after dinner I have been thrilled with my choice.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
How does the taste compare to your Arizer portables?

OG Solo, Solo II and Air .... let's toss the Air out of the mix since it really can't keep up with the others.

IMO.....

I prefer the OG Solo to the Solo II in terms of taste and vapor. There are plenty of folks who say they are the same. So...your mileage may vary......

The first hit on the Solo and Solo II is usually a ramp up for me. The first hit on the Bowle is a full hit if the draw is consistent and lasts a couple seconds. So taste for the first hit goes to the Bowle. For the second hit I would give the OG Solo a slight advantage and the Solo II a tie. After the first two hits it's all Bowle.

Jah75

I still really like my bowle, but find myself reaching past it pretty consistently...i fear the honeymoon may be over (very subjective - I really think the bowle is pretty awesome, it just doesn't do it for me better than my other faves right now. I don't think I'm going to sell it off, maybe ill just put it in my closet box and wait for some third party stuffs 8)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I still really like my bowle, but find myself reaching past it pretty consistently...i fear the honeymoon may be over
I had a honeymoon also.
I love about 40 of my vaporizers, and have begun to use them again, since varying the delivery system is a good effect alteration also most of the time.
Different vapes for different moods.
I use all of my vapes over time, and have my faves.
This is the vape I will reach for when wanting instant on demand convection hits of a medicating nature with little cleanup and easy re-load.

Top Bottom