Tafée Bowle

Bazinga

Received mine Friday. Used it Both Friday and Saturday night. Smoothest vapor I've experienced. The heat up time is phenomenal. I temperature stepped starting at 2 and ending at 4. The heat never became uncomfortable. Hits very well. Took me a little time to master number 1 draw technique. Realized that I had to start the draw ASAP when the light turned green. As everyone else mentioned, it would be great with a longer lasting battery (or better yet - replaceable ones). For me, the cup is useless. Was thinking I would pee in it to catch the kidney stone.

At what battery level do I need to recharge. Will level 2 provide enough power to complete a session? I would like to order a spare mouthpiece but I don't see availability on the Tafee website.

IMHO - a remarkable device. For me it's not easily portable (like my Fury Edge). Overall, I like my TM a little better. It just checks off more boxes for me. Of course I wouldn't spend another penny with TM as they still haven't made any attempt to repair my broken one. The Tafee Bowle is a winner in my book !!! Hoping the device is problem free. Going to let wifey use it tonight.

buckhakeesah

Everybody should take at least one hit at level one, experience the wonder! If not two or three hits there... I do start at level two sometimes as well, but it's hard to resist level one flavor and vapor is still thick! :tup:
Sure thing! I'll take you up on that tonight@Shit Snacks

Bowle is a BEAST for kief/pollen, definitely my favorite way to consume this fine material. I've been putting a layer on top of a pot, and am just blown away by how well it extracts. I also find that my pollen does not filter down and get sucked into the stem as it does when trying to vape in so many other devices. It stays put and gets fully extracted.

I am eager to find the right tool to open up the stem. In spite of the additional work, I prefer full tear-downs when cleaning... so long as I am able to reassemble.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Been building up and wondering what best way to use it.

Djsleepy

Bowle is a BEAST for kief/pollen, definitely my favorite way to consume this fine material. I've been putting a layer on top of a pot, and am just blown away by how well it extracts. I also find that my pollen does not filter down and get sucked into the stem as it does when trying to vape in so many other devices. It stays put and gets fully extracted.

I am eager to find the right tool to open up the stem. In spite of the additional work, I prefer full tear-downs when cleaning... so long as I am able to reassemble.
Good to know about kief; I hate when it gets pulled thru the bottom. Now where is jar at?

west-elec

However, it is clear how 8 to 12 sessions can be understood to mean 8 to 12 Ceramic Pots, without added disclosure.
Please accept our apologies for this mixup.
They were walking a fine line with the marketing using 'sessions' as the unit of measurement and they know it. Some seem to use it to mean a bowl nowadays but always used to mean sufficient to get your required dose, which is obviously subjective. Number of 15 second heat cycles at heat 2 from cold would be more useful. Mine hasn't arrived yet but what would you expect maybe 18 or 20 heat cycles from cold? That sound like enough for 1 'session' for me, all I ask because then it gets charged, this is not a traveller for me.

ChooChooCharlie

They were walking a fine line with the marketing using 'sessions' as the unit of measurement and they know it. Some seem to use it to mean a bowl nowadays but always used to mean sufficient to get your required dose, which is obviously subjective. Number of 15 second heat cycles at heat 2 from cold would be more useful. Mine hasn't arrived yet but what would you expect maybe 18 or 20 heat cycles from cold? That sound like enough for 1 'session' for me, all I ask because then it gets charged, this is not a traveller for me.
I did a battery run-down test, posted pics on page 6 of this thread

I've read a couple posts with similar results

If taking out for a few drinks, can take along light weight acrylic Potter with 4 loaded pots. Battery run-down seems aligned with this use case

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Just did another stem clean, again without full disassembly.

Easy peasy... I have been trying to stretch it, but think I am going to fall into a cleaning pattern of about every 7-10 days. Really pleased it does not require more maintenance other than the stem and pots.

Most of my equipment gets cleaned 1-2 times a week, but Bowle really does not pressure me to clean often. The pots stay clean, the screens stay clear (occasional brush required), and the stem does not get clogged with residue. The stem does collect residue, but not in a way that impedes airflow in any way. I am also not put off by old flavors when I stretch out a cleaning, everything I've put through here has been so tasty!

I'd love to see some stem plugs that would help make it easy to fill with ISO and shake.

SquirrelMaster

I vape each bowl (usually more than one at a time) by taking four 15 second hits at temp 1, then 2, then 3 and finally 4 so I get 20 - 15 second hits before the battery is dead. I give a stir after the temp 2 and 3 hits and my AVB comes out very nicely toasted. I'll post pics soonish, currently in ER.

ChooChooCharlie

Tafee-bowle-kief.jpg

SonicBacon

I vape each bowl (usually more than one at a time) by taking four 15 second hits at temp 1, then 2, then 3 and finally 4 so I get 20 - 15 second hits before the battery is dead. I give a stir after the temp 2 and 3 hits and my AVB comes out very nicely toasted. I'll post pics soonish, currently in ER.
Great rundown on the battery life. I hope you are ok in the ER, or are getting the care that is needed.

SquirrelMaster

For me, the cup is useless. Was thinking I would pee in it to catch the kidney stone

:rofl:. If I would have been using my Bowle cup (not for peeing into :lol:) I would have been testing its IP certification lol. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far, you have joined the dojo (binging Cobra Kai on Netflix the last couple days).

Thank you @SonicBacon and @buckhakeesah I'm in a room waiting for a doctor now. I was sledding with the kids (riding slippery boards down snow covered hills for anyone wondering and "accidentally" launched off a jump and came straight down on my tail bone/lower back. Could barely walk to the car after calling my wife to come drive home. Then like a typical stubborn man I went straight home but I did put some medicated ointment stuff on as well as took some CBD oil and had a big session in the Elev8r. The Bowle was first on my list but that involved bending over, which isn't happening anytime soon. I picture 2021 turning to 2020 and saying hold my beer :lol: as I stood on the top of that hill.

Here is a pictures of some finished bowls from last night. 4 draws per bowl at temp 1, 2, stir, 3, stir and 4 with each lasting 15 seconds.

Green Kiwi

ht did a back to back 6 bowl session. I couldn't see straight after that :rofl: :leaf::freak:, and I slept like a bear in hibernation. If the performance was sub par it would be another story but that and every other aspect of this device is so top tier that it can be forgiven imo if I need to stay plugged in more often.
Now, that's the proper attitude, and experience, I thank you for posting this, and your battery reply from Taffee ,I'm defiantly getting more and more keen to just try to get this vape in our part of the world :peace: :rockon:.
thank you, Squirell.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I love this device in the mornings!
I do too.
I open eyes, reach over, and inhale....exhale repeat... and the day is on!
I have to empty them right away, damn ocd
At bedtimeI put a loaded Potter by the bed, and can make myself use 1 and deposit next in empty slot.. and save till morning.
In daytime, I don't use all of the Potter "pots".
I do as @Shit Snacks does ... but with one.
I empty it and reload... and go like that till bedtime again.
A great deal of stem talk...
Lets have a look at cleaning the stem/bowle..
It smelled so "convection" good, I almost hated to do it!
....watch the upcoming video!
The videos are taking a bit to load.
I will come back and finish soon~

Last edited:

Bazinga

Damn I like this device !!! I find that the USB connector is somewhat difficult to place in the puck and then requires quite a bit of effort to remove it. I'm a little concerned about this. I'll know if this a real issue after a few more charges.

If my TM issue doesn't get resolved soon , I'm going to trash it and perhaps order another Bowle.

Vitolo - thanks for posting the video !!

MinnBobber

Keepin it clean..... anybody else putting in an ABV dust filter?? Keeps the stem MUCH cleaner!
I use some hemp paper tea filter material, cut to size and try to add the filter to all my vapes, where humanly possible.
Sits on top of the stock screen and adds almost no resistance
30C6619C-BFDF-4796-9828-34D85AAD6179.jpeg

Edit... and thank you @Vitolo for the cleaning video. I was really interested in seeing the stem innards.
Filtering can mean way less cleaning needed.😀

Attachments

• C21AF1E0-7FCF-4C20-977F-DDEE9EE94586.jpeg
    C21AF1E0-7FCF-4C20-977F-DDEE9EE94586.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 16

Djsleepy

Damn I like this device !!! I find that the USB connector is somewhat difficult to place in the puck and then requires quite a bit of effort to remove it. I'm a little concerned about this. I'll know if this a real issue after a few more charges.

If my TM issue doesn't get resolved soon , I'm going to trash it and perhaps order another Bowle.

Vitolo - thanks for posting the video !!
Told ya'

imor jones

Ordered on friday(22:30 in Germany), No shipping yet, thought it should happen today :(
What time is it over there? Couldnt find there Location....
Edit: OK its Toronto. And we are 6 hours before....
If they work till 18:00 i still have a chance ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom