Tafée Bowle

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey guys! Glad to see the renewed interest in the Bowle. It's even better the second time around. Battery life is pretty insane.

Thanks @ChooChooCharlie for pointing to the exact point we talked about the new temps. Bruno said they had a lot of requests for both lower and higher temps, and this looks a great solution to me. Temp 1 is now really low and tasty, and temp 5 is best for concentrates, although it still crushes a bowl of herbs to the finish line without combustion. The middle three temps now encompass the spectrum of all four temps of the Series I Bowle.

ChooChooCharlie

Troy posted a pic of his Bowle pot count per charge testing -- 25 pots, phew! I got 23 pots per charge during two different tests months ago. George Vapefiend said he gets 15-17 per charge. Still, pretty great. But, Bruno advises against running the battery down to zero for battery health/longevity reasons, so I won't be doing any more testing

Glass pic & note, as usual...Jason Christian works at Pilchuck, told me that Pino Signoretto taught him sculpting techniques, so I looked him up. Saw his "Fish Bag" from 1992. No brainer to place it next to the Martinez bag. Impressionism vs realism (with a cracker twist)

Bowle-with-glass-water-bags.jpg

Edit: Just got another delivery today, bigger than I thought, should really read dimensions more carefully. Bowle will help me think out of the box to rearrange and make it fit somewhere. Chihuly 3 piece "SeaForm"

Hey, @Grass Yes , show us your Persian

Chihuly-Orange-3-part-Sea-Form.jpg

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Jason Christian works at Pilchuck, told me that Pino Signoretto taught him sculpting techniques, so I looked him up.
You and I have a lot of overlap in art interests. I have a dream of someday spending a summer up there at Pilchuck, doing a couple of their sessions. I've considered sharing photos of some of my (non-functional) glass art collection but most would identify me quickly. Nearly posted the Persian when you were on a Chihuly run.

Anyway, back on topic, I was sadly never able to resuscitate my secondhand Bowle so I'll have to send it to Canada. I'm sure it's worth it.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hey guys! Glad to see the renewed interest in the Bowle. It's even better the second time around. Battery life is pretty insane.

Thanks @ChooChooCharlie for pointing to the exact point we talked about the new temps. Bruno said they had a lot of requests for both lower and higher temps, and this looks a great solution to me. Temp 1 is now really low and tasty, and temp 5 is best for concentrates, although it still crushes a bowl of herbs to the finish line without combustion. The middle three temps now encompass the spectrum of all four temps of the Series I Bowle.

Thanks for this info. I haven't tried temp 1, only temp 3 and 4, and I feel as if 3 is a bit lower then what was 3 before and 4 feels more like the original.
It would be interesting if we get the actual temp settings for both devices, even though it won't mean much.

As for temp 5, I'm very tempted to try, but how was the taste? I already find temp 4 taste much worse than temp 3 if I'm honest.

Cacahuates

Fak me! After making some inquires with Tafee I cracked and ordered on Monday. It came noon today and Tafee threw in some extras! What a great company who value past customers.

This makes my v1 look very aged and opsolete. It's old. Battery would be pooched after 3 pots.
After 5 pots with the v2 there were still 5 lights!

The draw is more open and audible.
The taste is so good. The Terps! Holy smokes they smashed into my tongue like a bull in a china shop. I didn't know my weed was capable of tasting like this! I would even dare to compare the taste level to the Quartz Cap. You get the same feeling of terps crashing into your mouth, especially with the stubby stem. Except the bowle is way more consistent and I can dial it in effortlessly (but this is part of the fun of a manual vape like the QC).

One of the extras was the Potter. It's pretty cool and works surprisingly well. Maybe my go to for this vape. It's so handy to have 4 pots ready to go.

Compared to my v1, which is not a fair comparison, the v2 blows it out of the water in every aspect. It's worth the high price and I can see it shelving a lot of my collection.

Beautiful, silky, flavourful hits every time!

Level 5 is amazing. Almost a 1 hitter. I tend to just hover 4-5. I’ve tried 3 a few times but I had to inhale long for any visible clouds. It is wrong of me but I’m so tempted on getting another series 2 to just keep in package just in case. I really like this unit in case anybody can tell lol. Once Planet of the Vapes has it in stock then I’ll get another

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Just always blows me away how there are people who never use lower settings on their vapes! That's always the first thing I do lol

Just because you're blown away I will try it, tonight!

But to explain to y'all, I don't use low temps because - the lack of clouds. Don't get me wrong I love the taste, but I need to pair it with clouds.
Vaporization takes effect in a short time and I don't feel well when I'm underdosing, perhaps it's related to me having ADHD, but I need my dopamine haha, otherwise it brings some anxiety.

So I tried temp 1, and it's nice. It reminded me of earlier days when vapes weren't as good, so you felt purely taste at the beginning of the session :D

Cacahuates

The bowle has been so good 🍯!

I've been using nothing but the metal potter. Could things be faster with the bcg? Probably. However this thing is a joy to use and feels good in the hand. The storage is also a good addition for me. I've never had good luck with past storage methods of loaded pots. I'm so grateful this was included and it adds to the ease of use of the bowle.

I haven't been getting 20+ pots from my battery as stated by others. Maybe 8 or 9 but I charge at 40%. I also take 2 hits at each temp, 2 to 5, in my sessions.

Edit: ~64-72 hits. Outstanding if you look at like battery life this way.

Also in the included instructions it says charge after every second session. Anyone do this?

This is an awesome device and I think Troy's review really nailed it.

Last edited:

Corvoed

Farm Grower
Favorite section -- when he talks about "the haters," they don't own the vape they hate
I also liked that part, but the part I keep hyper-focusing on the most is when he calls the TB2 "The cybertruck of vapes". Maybe in terms of aesthetic, but TB2 has a lot better quality under the bonnet than a cybertruck, imo. My cousin has a cybertruck that he brings around the farm a lot lately, and wow is it a cheap feeling vehicle for the near 100k he paid for. And that's for the "premium" version or whatever they call it. His side of the family is hmong so he's been getting an earful from just about everyone lol.

At least the TB2 is actually worth the money!

ChooChooCharlie

I agree with @vapviking , that sentence was left over from Series 1 manual. I used to put Series 1 on wall timer plug for 15 minutes after every other pot or so, habit. This Series 2 battery is so much better

And, I'll say it again, Bruno tweaked the firmware -- so it doesn't cut off mid draw if you are not inhaling consistently

Clap on! Clap off! Love the one tap to start heater, and now just one tap to stop heater. Or, you can still be an on-demand vape caveman and hold the button down if you prefer

More glass arrived, too heavy for me

il Pensieroso (the Thinker) by Dino Rosin, 1990, calcedonia and neodymium glass for color

The-Thinker-by-Dino-Rosin-with-Bowle.jpg

I've been thinking I need some help moving this. Cut away the packaging after sliding it in my apt. Must be over 50 pounds, and my weak old hands and back can't do what they used to

This sculpture is taunting me now, I can see those glass wheels spinning, hoping I ruin my back

Cacahuates

Or, you can still be an on-demand vape caveman and hold the button down
This is how I feel using it the "old" way. I was just thinking about how much I love the one on, one off tap.

This thing is so versatile. I can clear a pot in one or two hits, or I can relax and have many hits over the temp spectrum.
I don't know another on demand convection device that can get so much out of the material in so many hits.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Tafee suggests press & hold method over the clap on! clap off!, and while I see reasons both ways, for using one over the other, it occurred to me that press and hold reduces by 1/2 the number of button clicks. That could be significant in terms of wear on the button?

Even bigger margin if unit is at standby (unlocked, but lights have turned off).
It needs one click to wake up, one to start a cycle and one to end it.
Or, also from standby, press once (and hold), it will wake up and go to green. Release just prior to ending draw (to clear) and its just one click on the button, total.

Ps
Looks like Troy really likes his Bowle2!

ChooChooCharlie

@vapviking -- good points about increased button wear

I can understand how different user habits sway to one style of button pressing over another, especially with breaks between and letting it get to sleep state

I do my pots like my tequila shots, rapid and rapid fire. Level 4, three long draws -- no temp stepping because you are basically temp stepping with first draw, warming up herb from cold

But, I believe that advice to use press and hold is related to reducing battery drain. With old tap and draw, user had to stop inhaling, and wait 1-2 seconds with heater still on and green, until unit shuts off to standby. Yes, in this use case, I agree with the advice, using it this way like older series 1 does tax the battery more

However, with the new one tap to stop heater, there is no longer that wasted 1-2 seconds. So, I feel the advice should be edited based on technique chosen by user with new Series 2

Seem to remember Jerry @stickstones in a stream years ago saying he suggested the one tap on feature in the Series 1 beta units. Jerry had the Bowle a year before release, and gave feeback to Bruno. Thank you, Jerry!

@vapviking was probably among the few who understood my cultural references. I'm frequently guilty of confusing readers with boomer bile, and American idioms thrown in for good measure

Top Bottom