Tafée Bowle

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
Tafee updated their user manual. Now includes references to both Series 1 & 2. A few image "typos," and omitted references to odd series 2 charging behavior specifics, and no mention of new one tap off feature to clear hit. But overall, pretty pretty pretty good

For new Bowle owners, upon opening, must plug in and charge fully first. This isn't just some battery health advice. The Bowle is shipped in a lockout state for safety reasons. Only way to wake Bowle from this shipping lockout state is to plug in. Have to search manual for that rather important tidbit. Maybe I'm wrong, and they now put in a big note, must plug in first?

They must have repeated in manual four times -- Do not let battery charge level go to zero, if you want to prolong battery life. Charge when level at 1 or 2 lights. They repeat prior Bowle series 1 advice, that to increase battery efficiency, use the press and hold method rather than Tap and release. True, with Series 1, because without the double pressing trick, only way to stop heater was to stop inhaling and let 3 sec timeout end session. But with Series 2 and the one tap on, one tap off, there's no more 3 second wasted heater/battery time. Wish they would revise this PDF

They also mention several times -- Do not start heater without inhaling. That somehow letting it timeout after 3 seconds is harmful to the Bowle over time. That's a head scratcher, but Bruno knows best. Only a new user would tap and stare without inhaling ... on second thought, every new user probably does this, because they've never seen a vape warmup in under 2 seconds

Go to this support page, scroll down to view the user manual PDF:

Took screenshot of the troubleshooting section concerning charred/burned herb:

Charred-or-burned-screenshot.jpg

@Shit Snacks - the new PDF manual has a graphic showing the new heater light ranges, but you're correct, it's marketing malfeasance not to tout new temp ranges front and center on site

I've never combusted in Bowles over 3 years, don't recall reading posts here of incidents, but I'm probably wrong...

If troubleshooting above doesn't help, (and I really can't see how it would at level 3), I would send an email to support@tafee.com , include serial number of puck in email

My 2 cents: the thermocouple wire is misbehaving. How's that for technical? In past, with Series 1, some users got aggressive brushing upper screen and silicone seal in puck. Some users dislodged thermocouple wire off center, causing errors -- the brain of the heater listens attentively to that wire -- "not hot enough, eh? I'll send some more power"

I'm not saying you folks damaged the puck. Might just be a "loose" solder point?

BTW, for those who made it to the end of that Troy & Jerry livestream posted above, Troy put the Series 2 stem in his old Series 1 puck. Stuck. Neither of them seemed to have read my warning posts about this here on FC, months back. I had even sent Jerry an email before the show, warning him not to let Troy put new stem in old puck, guess he never read it, too many emails. Yet another good additional warning point for the manual

Edit: I've said it before, "Round Rules!":
Bowle-to-the-moon.jpg
What a great post thank you very much enjoyed that.

Texus

Was able to finally pick up my bowle at DHL. It does have some weight to it. The stubby stem is what I’ve been waiting for a long time. Now with the stubby stem it’s more fitting for me to carry it. Looks like it’s pre charged and ready to go? Off to my first hit on lvl 5 :)
I'd still charge until totally full for better battery health down the road.

ChooChooCharlie

Non sequitur picture post for today:

Dino-Rosin-broken-Aphrodite-with-Bowle.jpg

Aphrodite, AKA Venus, wanted to try the Bowle. Heard it was the best vape of the future. Wanted to compare with the Oracle of Delphi vapors

Arrived today, glass base detached from torso during shipping. No arms, naturally, but now she doesn't even have a leg to stand on. Grrrrr

By Dino Rosin from '96 in Murano, calcedonia and alexandrite glass mix

Shame, so beautiful, and she has such huge tracts of land

I also tried dramatically slowing draw speed at level 4, through consecutive Bowle 23 second "blinkers," but no combustion. If I had tried this slow draw on Series 1, it would probably shut down sensing lack of consistent draw. Nice improvement with Series 2, not so sensitive and more forgiving of momentary breaks. I watch Troy still doing his "cigar puffs," and no cutoffs. (IMO, cigar puffing is counter productive with a finely temp controlled vape like Bowle -- why interrupt the heat flow? I know, habit)

Edit:

OK, this late arrival makes me feel better

Jon Kuhn, '97, "Rainbow's End"
Big MoFo, 21 lbs, 6 inch edges, foot tall

Jon-Kuhn-Rainbows-End-with-Bowle.jpg

Last edited:

Cacahuates

I had only been using the tap and draw method and I thought it was great. It was so easy and consistent. However it's been finicky lately so I've been using the hold to fire method and inhaling as slow as possible with my v1. Astonishing massive hits. Like a new device.

My poor bowle goes down to 50% battery after 2 pots though. I usually do 2 hits per level. May have to upgrade sooner than I thought.

Cacahuates,
Reactions: Vitolo

Cacahuates

Does anyone use the new metal potter?

I have so many great grinder options but Troy and Jerry made it look great! I guess they make everything look great.

Cacahuates,
Reactions: Vitolo

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Does anyone use the new metal potter?

I have so many great grinder options but Troy and Jerry made it look great! I guess they make everything look great.
Yeah, I started using it after seeing those guys. I never liked the platic one, too many parts, harder to clean, etc.
For a few days now, working well (double duty because wife draws from my supply of full pots).
I've been spoiled by BCG and OMD, and I don't know if this will hold up with heavy use and cleaning, but it does work great, makes a completely untamped load.
Mine was a freebie -- I don't know if I'd have ever spent the cash on one...

ChooChooCharlie

I know we're not supposed to, but I fill pots 100%, not 75%. I habitually finger tip tamp, avoiding herb bits from possibly adhering to the puck's heater screen

So, I don't use the Tafee Potter, but I've always been impressed with its thoughtful and functional design, cute name too

another annoying Choo glass pic, arrived today, early shard vessel from William Morris, small, adorable and affordable example. His later and current works are 5 figures, no thanks

Bowle-with-William-Morris-1980-Shard-Vessel.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I know we're not supposed to, but I fill pots 100%, not 75%. I habitually finger tip tamp, avoiding herb bits from possibly adhering to the puck's heater screen

So, I don't use the Tafee Potter, but I've always been impressed with its thoughtful and functional design, cute name too

another annoying Choo glass pic, arrived today, early shard vessel from William Morris, small, adorable and affordable example. His later and current works are 5 figures, no thanks

Bowle-with-William-Morris-1980-Shard-Vessel.jpg
Another beautiful piece and an awesome photo.
Tafee should be very happy with you!

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I just want to clarify that whomever said temp 1 is supposed to be a new temp, I don't think so.
Temp 4 feels like temp 4 from the original device, actually I feel like temp 3 is a little bit lower than my original device, but I think that every device is a little different, or at least it used to be different.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I just want to clarify that whomever said temp 1 is supposed to be a new temp, I don't think so.
Here in the forum, it was me. I was relaying information that came from Jerry Stickstones, who has had personal conversations with Bruno about Bowle series 2.
That said, and I tend to believe it, I have seen variation in how different Bowles (series 1) hit, temp-wise.

ChooChooCharlie

@m0sh -- on previous page here, I posted a T&J Bowle 7/19 livestream link -- watch around 49:30, discussion of Series 2 expanded temperature range

I looked through manual, it's not addressed, only that Series 1 max temp was 240C, and Series 2 max is 260C. So Jerry must have heard it directly from Bruno

Happy-Birthday-Sidewalk.jpg

(couple days early, I'm thick as a brick, sorry sidewalk)

Last edited:
Top Bottom