Tafée Bowle

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
And in a new color too! I regret having purchased v2 right away now.
Greetings...I believe they are offering the Bowle two different ways...with and without the shredder. The shredder comes in two different colors.
The Bowle itself is the same color.
When I initially ordered mine...I received as a gift the shredder and the stubby for the $450 price. They have now created a purchase option because the gift time period is over. But, the letter I received today indicates that if you order now you can still get that original deal with gifts...

I would get this offer because...the price will go up.

jbm

Greetings...I believe they are offering the Bowle two different ways...with and without the shredder. The shredder comes in two different colors.
When I initially ordered mine...I received as a gift the shredder and the stubby for the $450 price. They have now created a purchase option because the gift time period is over. But, the letter I received today indicates that if you order now you can still get that original deal with gifts...

The email they sent said the puck was available in the new color, there’s a picture of it in the email:

Rainbow and Rasta

The email they sent said the puck was available in the new color, there’s a picture of it in the email:

There has been some confusion about this, and this is what they replied: “The Silver Label Collection is simply a combination of Bowle Series II and Gunsky Grey Potter, sold in one package with the bonus of a free Stubby Stem.”

Cacahuates

I've been really enjoying the versatility.
You can start low or just rip it in one.
Oh baby. Lvl 5 stubby stem one hit to finish the pot.
I think this may be the fastest setup I've used. So fast to pull out a loaded pot from the potter and push the bottom. No technique needed. Consistent hits every time.

Sneech

Long time lurker on the TB, would never seem to be in stock whenever I was interested in picking it up. Got a TinyMight years ago instead, which has been nice, but after getting tired of changing battery cells, stems, and screens all the time I unfortunately slid back to using my Jet waterpipe daily...

Just got the email the other day about stock being back and version 2 released, so decided to finally pull the trigger! Just made an order for the $450 package, hoping they still have a few surprise bonuses left to throw in!

Cheers!

Dr. G

Long time lurker on the TB, would never seem to be in stock whenever I was interested in picking it up. Got a TinyMight years ago instead, which has been nice, but after getting tired of changing battery cells, stems, and screens all the time I unfortunately slid back to using my Jet waterpipe daily...

Just got the email the other day about stock being back and version 2 released, so decided to finally pull the trigger! Just made an order for the $450 package, hoping they still have a few surprise bonuses left to throw in!

Cheers!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope you love it and enjoy every second of it. Fill the cup with your favorite beverage or just keep the ice in it. It is refreshing. I love mine...I know you will LOVE YOURS!!!! CHEERS!

ChooChooCharlie

A repost tip for new Bowle users: buy a tin of 200 half inch screens for $5

Why waste precious water rinsing after soaking screens in iso?

Why waste your time and effort, the smell, the mess to cleanup after?

I prefer q-tip swabbing while warm around inside edge of pot and the steel heat sink area in stem. Change screens every 1-2 weeks. Inner stem iso swishing once every 4-6 months? Easy maintenance is a wonderful Bowle benefit

Dr. G

I prefer q-tip swabbing while warm around inside edge of pot and the steel heat sink area in stem. Change screens every 1-2 weeks. Inner stem iso swishing once every 4-6 months? Easy maintenance is a wonderful Bowle benefit
Greetings, that is a VERY GREAT TIP!

I did this and it is true...why spend all that time cleaning. You can get a shit load of them for cheap. Good ones too. That is a great tip...thanks for posting.

ChooChooCharlie

I'm incorrigible, won these Robert Rauschenberg plates couple weeks ago from Bonhams auction of Jim Carrey's collection. Steal of a deal, now must attach to wall in appropriate pattern with plate hanging gizmos. They are abstractions of a lighthouse

Round and round we go, always aiming higher, with the Bowle pointing up in agreement

Rauschenberg-plates.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way

I often don't have a swab around when I finish a pot, I vape in several places around the house/car. I do try to always empty the pot while hot, which seems good practice with just about all vapes.

I have those screens and, even though I use a small amount of iso (fossil fuel, ugh) for cleaning, I do prefer just cleaning over replacing screens.
I don't even take the screens out. Now, in practice, I don't take the orings off either.
I do about 10 at a time, drop them all in a tupperware with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of iso for 10 or 20 minutes, give them a wet swab with a brush. Into a cup with a drop or two of Dawn soapy water, then a quick rinse.

The stem. Every couple of weeks I run very hot tap water through and that does about 95% of the job. I iso swab inside the stem base to finish. Once in a blue moon, I will iso soak entire stem.

Charlie, which part of the stem is the steel heat sink??? I never guessed there would be anything other than aluminum components. Is it the whole stem base block, maybe not the bottom plate?

For this week's road trip with my wife, we brought two Bowles (a 1 and a 2) and more pots than ever! I max'd out the potter with 8 prefilled, and an Altoids tin with another 8 (delta3dstudios insert).
I filled more pots along the way....
And our road warrior Mighty never came out of the bag.

The grinder part of the potter can get gunky easily. I have been grinding with the BCG large/coarse, then spooning into the potter, for a finish grind and filling tool.
I've realized that I don't need an exacting amount loaded in, a little extra is okay, especially if loading multiple sets of 4.

Should have tried some shrooms for our Alpaca walk!

ChooChooCharlie

Charlie, which part of the stem is the steel heat sink??? I never guessed there would be anything other than aluminum components. Is it the whole stem base block, maybe not the bottom plate?
The bottom of aluminum stem has a steel plate. Bruno and team must have chosen it for a reason, as the stem could have been entirely aluminum. More for the thermal properties than for structural strength. He refers to it as an "engineered heat sink" for cooling vapor on his site. It certainly is effective, combined with the turbulence from the two right angle turns

That's why there is the tiny torx screw and rectangular gasket -- only way to join the little steel part to the aluminum stem -- (not designed for disassembly for cleaning, it's there to join the two parts)

Love those alpaca faces. Hope they didn't spit like irritable llamas, neighbors had two when I was a kid

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The bottom of aluminum stem has a steel plate. Bruno and team must have chosen it for a reason, as the stem could have been entirely aluminum. More for the thermal properties than for structural strength. He refers to it as an "engineered heat sink" for cooling vapor on his site. It certainly is effective, combined with the turbulence from the two right angle turns

That's why there is the tiny torx screw and rectangular gasket -- only way to join the little steel part to the aluminum stem -- (not designed for disassembly for cleaning, it's there to join the two parts)

Love those alpaca faces. Hope they didn't spit like irritable llamas, neighbors had two when I was a kid
So, then I guess the 3 ridges on the bottom of the stem function as more than skids for the stem to ride on, they are also helping dissipate heat.
Whatever, I love what this stem does to vapor.

Alpacas spit less than llamas, and usually at each other. These were mostly cooperative, with some minor rowdiness along our walk. They are extremely timid creatures, it dosen't take much to give them a start!
I think the top of the head is very sensitive, no shearing there, so they all sport these bouffant hairdos.

Last edited:

Sneech

Amazing! Yes, as I get older I'm finding the ease of maintenance becoming more of a selling point for me. Back in the day I used to enjoy the ritual of cleaning my pieces after a sesh, keeping everything pristine. I know it's partly me just getting lazier, and wondering where that drive went I used to have, but having something that is easy maintenance is def a plus!

Years ago when I was infatuated with the Lotus vape, I had purchased a few extras for my heavy pipe smoking friends to try and introduce them to the amazing world of vaping herb. Unfortunately they lasted only until they got clogged for the first time for both of my friends and they just tossed them aside at that point and went back to their simple glass and wood pipes. Oh well.

I got the tin of screens on order, any other accessories that make the Bowle more enjoyable?

This is by far the least amount of research and reading I've done for a vape before just going for it, no doubt due to the heaps of praise I've read on here from long known trusted members of the community (looking at you @Shit Snacks & @Grass Yes)!

So, I'm not sure if there are any community mods out there that are worth doing for the TB? I wouldn't think there would be any, as this looks to be a nice engineered piece of equipment, I just can't help but think back to the days of learning about and doing Elbow Mod packs and shoving extra screens into the ceramic heating element of the Extreme Q, and buying custom third party stems for the TinyMight as well as better molicell batterys etc.

Also, how is the Potter+? I know I'm getting a free one with my order, but was wondering if I should also purchase a Potter or I guess Potter Series II now? Although I only saw mention of the Potter Series II on the Email, as the main site only shows the original Potter on sale right now for 99. A nice breakdown of the differences between the Potter+, Potter, and Potter Series II would be helpful!

Potter+ looks to just be a plastic version of the Potter / Potter SII?

Thanks everyone, excited to add a new Vape to my collection!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Also, how is the Potter+? I know I'm getting a free one with my order, but was wondering if I should also purchase a Potter or I guess Potter Series II now? Although I only saw mention of the Potter Series II on the Email, as the main site only shows the original Potter on sale right now for 99. A nice breakdown of the differences between the Potter+, Potter, and Potter Series II would be helpful!
I think you are right, the website isn't showing the Potter II.

The plastic one, Potter+, I found less than desirable. You'll have the chance to try it soon.

Have not used the original Potter, but I'm currently liking the slightly taller Potter II, as a filling aid and caddy, and it was nice to use on the road; it can carry 8 loaded pots, not too shabby.

To your question about accessories: none.
I even use it without the silicone mouthpiece!

Dr. G

?
The website does show the Potter 2 and the accessories you can purchase with it.

Potter plus-or black potter with a funnel is made out of plastic.
Potter- is either in the gun grey or vibrant green...compartment on the bottom to store and made of a metal.
Bowle 2 Silver Label-The Silver Label Collection combines the ultimate experience of performance and simplicity, offering Bowle Series II with Potter Gun Grey and Stubby Stem in one package.
(This Bowle 2 Silver Label was being offered at $450 and still is even though it says $539. This deal will not last and maybe its gone now.)

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

@Dr. G -- I ordered the Silver Label package last Wed, 8/14, price was $539. Don't see the new series 2 Potter listed, as @vapviking pointed out. Some website update/editing is called for I believe

What concerns me more is the lack of distinction between Series 1 & 2 drinkware and stems -- New Series 2 owners may try ordering a series 1 cup or stem?

Bowle-site-listings-as-of-8-19-24.jpg

Whether buying a Bowle, or art glass auctions, I must learn to carefully read descriptions. Ordered Silver label, thinking puck was gunmetal grey, oops, my bad. When it arrives I'll ship it to Vito. He doesn't have the Series 2 yet. Know he likes the instant cool vapor with no glass attachments or bongs required. He needs all the cool he can get in Tucson now

Finally got the Rauschenberg plates hung, more difficult than I thought making that pattern. Almost fell off step stool

Rauschenberg-plates-hung.jpg

Dr. G

@Dr. G -- I ordered the Silver Label package last Wed, 8/14, price was $539. Don't see the new series 2 Potter listed, as @vapviking pointed out. Some website update/editing is called for I believe

What concerns me more is the lack of distinction between Series 1 & 2 drinkware and stems -- New Series 2 owners may try ordering a series 1 cup or stem?

Bowle-site-listings-as-of-8-19-24.jpg

Whether buying a Bowle, or art glass auctions, I must learn to carefully read descriptions. Ordered Silver label, thinking puck was gunmetal grey, oops, my bad. When it arrives I'll ship it to Vito. He doesn't have the Series 2 yet. Know he likes the instant cool vapor with no glass attachments or bongs required. He needs all the cool he can get in Tucson now

Finally got the Rauschenberg plates hung, more difficult than I thought making that pattern. Almost fell off step stool

Rauschenberg-plates-hung.jpg
I truly do not see what you are talking about...on the website I see it has the

Bowle™ Series II​

Regular price 449 USD

Potter™​

Regular price 99 USD

Potter+™​

Regular price 49 USD

Bowle™ Series II - Silver Label​

(Don't see the new series 2 Potter listed) What is this? the SERIES 2 POTTER????

Also, it is clear which cups to purchase...I am not understanding...anyway, I hope you get what you need. Enjoy everyone.

Dr. G,
Reactions: Vitolo

ChooChooCharlie

I truly do not see what you are talking about..

Here's what I'm talking about:

If you did not receive the Bowle Series 2, then you would not know about the new potter grinder included. I called it the "Series 2" potter because it only came with the Series 2 Bowle. Here's a picture of it separated to show the extra well at bottom for 4 more pots:

potter-series-2.jpg

There is no listing for this new Potter on accessory page as of today. Also, there is no listing for the new Series 2 cups or stems. They are different size from Series 1

Right back at ya, I don't know what you're talking about

edit: had hopes for this vape and thread, oh well, life sucks, have fun folks, really thought I had a community positive vibe flowing, but apparently not from haters

im gone, but good luck, and send some bucks to @Vitolo

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@ChooChooCharlie
Now I don't know who you're talking about.
Haters? I don't see it, not here. And certainly not towards you.

Please don't go! Your glass is the only stuff that "matches up" with Bowle's aesthetic.

And, you have to answer now, did you get a green Potter 2 with your Bowle 2? Mine is gray.

Been wondering about the new/old stem question and I have a speculation, that the variation is mainly in the o-ring.
I've been sitting here trying a new and old stem, in new and old Bowles, and when I use the same pot (and o-ring) the feel on each stays the unchanged. The click and the grab on the og Bowle is more snug than the 2. A thicker looking o-ring makes either stem more snug in the og Bowle.

Unfortunately, my many pots and o-rings have all co-mingled, so I can't distinguish further, BUT, my guess is that a slighty fatter o-ring has been shipping on the pots coming along with 2's. I think in my collection there are some thicker than others

Wish I had a micrometer, to measure newer stem against old. My guess is they are the same size spec., with micromic variation in finish. I think the biggest difference may be in o-rings?
And maybe some difference in tension of the retainer-ball spring?

I may write to Bruno about this. It seems silly (and unwise) that the stems could look so similar yet be slightly different? I have another question or two for him about repairs for an og, or maybe a trade-in plan?

Last edited:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So after a month of usage, I can safely say this vape is amazing :)
What a surprise huh?

I'm using it a little bit different, the temps are not the same, at least for me. On temp 3 I am not able to "fully" spend the herb as I used to in the original device. My wife can, so my theory is that TB2 has a better airflow and it slightly less restrictive. As a singer, I inhale lots of air so I have to more to temp 4 to finish the job. I don't like the taste as much, but that's fine.

When I was using TB1, I didn't want to go to temp 4 because I was worried about the battery life. Well, this problem has been solved!
I haven't taken my device below 3 dots I think, and I tend to charge after almost every use ( force of habit).
Since battery is not an issue, I don't actually mind rising to temp 4, or letting my wife have a bowl in between my bowls. This is such an important upgrade and I'm so happy about it. I still don't see myself taking my Bowle outdoors, TM2 form factor suits me better for that purpose, but still, TB2 would be great in a BBQ or any house parties.

My birthday is coming up in 6 days and I was thinking about getting a backup unit.
I can confirm both my first gen devices are dead. One heater is dead and the other with a problematic battery, but now I think the heater is damaged as well because someone, my new born daughter got a hold of it and pushed the heater screen inside the puck, that pretty much a RIP, but it wasn't a proper backup anyways due to the battery...

One tiny thing that almost caused me an heart attack. I was trying to do the press and hold method since someone said something about the button going bad - (BTW, the way I see it, holding the button is worse than pressing more but whatever) - I don't know what exactly happened, but it seems that I initiated the heating function like twice or 3 times in a row and the vape stopped heating up.... that's also when I noticed my original device was ruined by my daughter lol... I thought about killing myself for about a minute (not really just kidding) and after 10 minutes, it started working again!
So I must have triggered some fail safe function, anyways, I'm glad the heater is working fine!

Dr. G

Here's what I'm talking about:

If you did not receive the Bowle Series 2, then you would not know about the new potter grinder included. I called it the "Series 2" potter because it only came with the Series 2 Bowle. Here's a picture of it separated to show the extra well at bottom for 4 more pots:

potter-series-2.jpg

There is no listing for this new Potter on accessory page as of today. Also, there is no listing for the new Series 2 cups or stems. They are different size from Series 1

Right back at ya, I don't know what you're talking about

edit: had hopes for this vape and thread, oh well, life sucks, have fun folks, really thought I had a community positive vibe flowing, but apparently not from haters

im gone, but good luck, and send some bucks to @Vitolo
So the green one is missing from the site...I see! Ok so maybe they just ran out of those. When I purchased mine I got the silver one as a gift and some other stuff. Thanks for posting it with photo...its clear now.

Enjoy the BOWLE!

Last edited:
Top Bottom