Tafée Bowle

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Bad Dog

ChooChooCharlie

@macbill MacGyvered silicone tubing to fit Bowle stem, he posted pic in this thread

I prefer the all in one design, cooling with stem, no glass to break or clean constantly

a-super-Bowle.jpg

MinnBobber

Does anyone have a solid DIY wpa / whip connection for the Bowle to a bong? I know it doesn’t need to go through water, but it sometimes makes me cough when I take fat rips and wonder if it’ll hit even smoother through water for those longer inhales. More so just for the science experiment lol

I can’t currently post pics but go to my Sept 6, 2021 post . I show my Delta3DStudio silicone adapter. It was my design for fat bong to 18 mm connector.
Note: the Bowle stem has an odd profile so you need to pinch the silicone tight to the stem with your fingers, to get a proper seal.

And yes, it gives an even smoother vapor, especially with warm water to add a little humidity. 💦

I tried to reply to my Sept post but it didn’t copy the picture , just the text????

Last edited:

MinnBobber

I connect my Bowle to hydratube with one of my miscellaneous @Delta3DStudios silicone adapters. The only downside is the stem curvature means you have to squeeze the adapter.

He is aware of the need but too busy with orders and the mail ban future to do one right now.
In due time it will be super easy....just a slight change to fit the curve and 14/18 mm tip.

But for now, my Delta3D mod gets it done 😀
This post, page 72, post # 1782 has a better pic , which also does not come over with
my reply, sorry about that.
Anyone who can get the pic moved over, you are welcome to, with only a small copyright fee due 😉

ondemander

That's the exact issue I'm having. I was just testing this morning. Somehow the pins arent keeping contact so I the device won't charge without me keeping the connection in place with pressure. Hopefully I can send mine in this week.

Had to rig da baby
20220206-101312.jpg
Also happening to me, though I haven't contacted them yet. It still works if I play with it for a minute or get lucky and hold it in the right spot and let go gently it'll keep charging. If I jossle it out of place it will throw the 4 lights error and stop charging.

ChooChooCharlie

Also happening to me, though I haven't contacted them yet. It still works if I play with it for a minute or get lucky and hold it in the right spot and let go gently it'll keep charging. If I jossle it out of place it will throw the 4 lights error and stop charging.
@ondemander - sorry about your charging port issue

but, you mentioned a "4 lights error" -- I'm not aware of any error indicator like that

(4 lights blink simultaneously, twice, when plugging in a fully charged Bowle. This 4 light blinking is normal and expected)

I'm in habit of attaching any usb connector gently ... feel for correct alignment before exerting force

I've probably plugged/unplugged cords more than most. Always plug in after each pot, tap 15 min button on outlet timer. 4-6 pots on each Bowle every day, for over a year. My ports are fine on both units

danjens

About 4 weeks ago this happens to my TB. Insert charger, lights act as though it’s about to charge, get a flash of all 4 lights then dead.
I sent a video to Tafee and they sent me a label to send back my puck.
After about 4-5 days I had a tracking number for a replacement base puck, and Customer service sent me this email:

1. Try to allow the battery cells to stabilize over a few minutes before connecting it to the charger to recharge after a heavy or demanding session.
2. Take time to note the correct orientation of the Micro USB and the charging Port before attempting to insert.
3. Slide the Micro USB cable into the Port carefully at exactly a 90-degree angle and use both your thumb and index finger to guide and soften the connection.
4. Similarly, always use your thumb and index finger to soften the separation of your charging cable from the Puck Base Unit with the other hand securely holding the puck steady or on a flat surface when disconnecting from charging.
5. Under no circumstance should the charging cord ever be wiggled into the port. Wiggling the charging cord into the port can cause impactful damage around the area and cause your unit to cease charging sufficiently.

Apparently I had damaged the USB port, though I rarely unplug my puck..

Anyway, new puck arrived yesterday along with a potter, 4 pots, stir tool and mouthpieces.
I know this device gets some hate from people, but this was the easiest warranty return I have ever been a part of, they sent me some nice little additions along with a brand new unit.

I almost forgot how delicious and effortless the vapor production is with the TB, almost…

Herbie

So, I just had to buy another vape. I have high hopes for this one. I’m a flavor chaser for sure.

I am a bit surprised that I bought something so weird. The cup aspect is bizarre, IMO. I doubt that I’ll ever use that or have it on the puck, other than for amusement. I can’t quite understand how anybody seriously thought that the cup was a value add. Maybe I’ll come around on that one eventually, who knows.

Hoping the battery issues don’t turn this into a complete waste (like the Ghost).

Djsleepy

So, I just had to buy another vape. I have high hopes for this one. I’m a flavor chaser for sure.

I am a bit surprised that I bought something so weird. The cup aspect is bizarre, IMO. I doubt that I’ll ever use that or have it on the puck, other than for amusement. I can’t quite understand how anybody seriously thought that the cup was a value add. Maybe I’ll come around on that one eventually, who knows.

Hoping the battery issues don’t turn this into a complete waste (like the Ghost).
No it’s not another ghost and these people are a lot more stable. CS is mixed reviews. Vape is a champ always delivers! In my daily rotation!

420_fitdad

Has anyone tried eating cereal & milk out of your TB cup? I feel like a picture of some fruity pebbles cereal in the cup would be a killer Advertisement lol.
Oh absolutely, it’s one of my favorites! Done other ones I’ve loved is: I’ve cream, smoothly especially for wake and bake, twizzlers 😂

Got the Delta3d insert for altitude(Altoid damn autocorrect) tin, super sweet although unless your plugged in won’t need eight spots, unless I get a second one? He also threw in an extra, Mike is the best!
How did I not know this existed?!?! I remember talking with like when the TB first came out and looking for things… ordered!

simplywonderful

Have this device its bugs fixed? I see it still needs that new battery I wish there would be swapables anyone have any updates with the updated releases? I wish I could just solder battery there lol

Spleeeno

Horsin around
thats the first thing I would do if I could find the puck only version: rip it open, cut out the battery and run it from a wall powered VVPS.
but sadly atm there's barely any normal units in stock anywhere, no puck only versions to be found, nothing about the glass cups with or without the handle...its a real bummer :\

Spleeeno,

simplywonderful

thats the first thing I would do if I could find the puck only version: rip it open, cut out the battery and run it from a wall powered VVPS.
but sadly atm there's barely any normal units in stock anywhere, no puck only versions to be found, nothing about the glass cups with or without the handle...its a real bummer :\
I was thinking the same thing but I bet the internal little controller kind of calculates what battery is there and would not function without the original one (maybe just dumb assumption)

simplywonderful,

badbee

I was thinking the same thing but I bet the internal little controller kind of calculates what battery is there and would not function without the original one (maybe just dumb assumption)
It would probably work fine, voltage is voltage. Any decent DC supply with sufficient max current, and without a crazy amount of ripple, would be OK. The controller would just interpret it as fully charged and with a very long battery life (if it even tracks discharge times). I had my MV1 running off a bench supply for a while, that was inconvenient but it continues to run off rebuilt batteries just fine.

If anyone has a Bowle with a suspected dead battery they want to sell cheap let me know. I would love to take one apart and rebuild it.

condition

It would probably work fine, voltage is voltage. Any decent DC supply with sufficient max current, and without a crazy amount of ripple, would be OK. The controller would just interpret it as fully charged and with a very long battery life (if it even tracks discharge times). I had my MV1 running off a bench supply for a while, that was inconvenient but it continues to run off rebuilt batteries just fine.

If anyone has a Bowle with a suspected dead battery they want to sell cheap let me know. I would love to take one apart and rebuild it.
I have one with dead battery and also damaged sensor

condition,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm very happy that some want to see what's under the hood and get to modding some power because clearly these cells won't last forever.

Hey, high outputting 750mah, we might find a Grasshopper battery in there or something...omg I hope not!

Has Tafee been responsive to any dead battery issues for anyone? I believe it would be automatically out of warranty, but has there been any talk of "factory service", even for a fee? I recall S&B used to offer that (on paper) but don't recall anyone ever actually getting battery service from them (they always would replace the unit with new, sometimes charging a fee).

badbee

could we be looking at the beginning of @badbee 's battery boosting business??? bitch'n :brow:
I thought about offering MV1 battery rebuilding as a service but quickly reconsidered. I'm too crabby to deal politely with that 10% of customers that are off their nut and completely unreasonable. My respects to the vape retailers with the patience for that.

Fogoff

I already said it but I will say it once again, bowle is the most unreliable vape I ever bought. 2 exchanges, 2x customs fees, 2x shipping across the pond... I cannot recommend this vape to anyone. its flawed !

Top Bottom