• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tafée Bowle

ChooChooCharlie

I agree. I could use your sentence and insert most vapes I've ever owned where you say "TM stem".
Granted, I've only had ten...

My particular bias is that I am 70+ yrs old, was a smoker of ganja and tobacco for more than half of those years. My search was for a portable vape that would bring on the least coughing (for me & my wife) while delivering great flavor, pretty big hits. The Bowle has been checking those boxes extremely well, we're very happy with it, its the top in the rotation.
"we were born, born in the fifties," now with a "touch of grey"
Glad you and your better half are enjoying the Bowle. I've been taking a break from the required sustained firm inhales from Bowle. Getting over diverticulitis, chest pains, shortness of breath, lions and tigers and bears. Doc says scans indicate lung hyperinflation, wtf? Perhaps my convection love affair with IO and then Bowle has been excessive. Wish they would adjust the firmware sensitivity of the Bowle heat sensor -- I can understand the design intent -- battery charge preservation. But ... ouch and exhaustion with sustained firm draws to avoid early shutoff. Think this post will excise my name from the Tafée Christmas card list

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Paint Chipped (image) on the lower button of my Bowle. Device still works flawlessly and I haven’t had any chipping issues with the stem/mouthpiece either. Unsure why this part flaked off? Kind of a bummer in terms of the appearance.. Anyone have a similar experience?

Yes the same thing happened to my button, more so the larger button than the smaller button, it's oil and moisture from the fingers breaking down the coating on the plastic.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Glad you and your better half are enjoying the Bowle. I've been taking a break from the required sustained firm inhales from Bowle. Getting over diverticulitis, chest pains, shortness of breath, lions and tigers and bears. Doc says scans indicate lung hyperinflation, wtf? Perhaps my convection love affair with IO and then Bowle has been excessive. Wish they would adjust the firmware sensitivity of the Bowle heat sensor -- I can understand the design intent -- battery charge preservation. But ... ouch and exhaustion with sustained firm draws to avoid early shutoff. Think this post will excise my name from the Tafée Christmas card list

A real bummer to read, I was reminiscing on this vape this morning cause I really did enjoy the high it gives. I had trouble with that dang sensor myself!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Wow, Charlie, sounds awful. I do hope you are feeling better soon. I saw your post in the Mighty thread...Glad you have something that's doing the trick for you.

I agree, the heat/draw sensor needs adjustment. I sometimes click it back on mid-draw, wish that wasn't necessary.

Over inflated lung, wtf! Indeed!
Reminds me of a story I thought was crazy at the time I heard it.

12 yrs ago I had pneumonia pretty bad (it did get me to finally stop cigarettes) and after recovery my doc sent me for a breathing assessment, where I sat in a plexiglass box and breathed into some tubes and stuff.

That doc said my lungs were in the "92nd percentile", which surprised both of us, since I had told him how much tobacco and weed I smoked and I'm not a runner or anything even close to one.

When I had told him about the weed, his first question, oddly, was whether I used a bong, which I did not. He wanted to warn me that bong use can explode a lung; he had personally seen a case of that.

condition

Hey I hope you will feel better soon. Everything in moderation from now on my friend regardless of the pleasure of the cool vapor.

jbm

Damn. Sorry. I hope you make a full recovery asap.

ChooChooCharlie

Paint Chipped (image) on the lower button of my Bowle. Device still works flawlessly and I haven’t had any chipping issues with the stem/mouthpiece either. Unsure why this part flaked off? Kind of a bummer in terms of the appearance.. Anyone have a similar experience?
IME it's more like sloughing than chipping, but your pic looks like a chip/peel?
I use sunscreen, and apparently any natural fingertip oil is bad for the adhesion of powder coating. Physical abrasion also bad, and it will appear first within the puck's stem insertion well base as "tracks" from stem's steel base plate ridges. Drops can also scar the puck's outer surface. Powder coated surfaces like this were popularized stylistically from Apple, and there are many pics of similar coating failures at touch points. But it looks so sleek and modern and high tech! Until it doesn't. And, don't use the classic hot iso cleaning trick that works so well with other vapes' parts -- heat is bad when cleaning powder coated surfaces

Bowle-Powder-coating-loss.jpg

Gnome34

I find holding down the button to be better overall compared to the draw sensor method. Might be easier on the lungs as well?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I find holding down the button to be better overall compared to the draw sensor method. Might be easier on the lungs as well?
Even with that method my unit will go to standby if I'm not pulling enough, or consistently enough, or something, but it's a little frustrating.
I read that the bowle monitors your draw and adjusts, but what about a case like mine - users sharing, having different draws?

Gnome34

Even with that method my unit will go to standby if I'm not pulling enough, or consistently enough, or something, but it's a little frustrating.
I read that the bowle monitors your draw and adjusts, but what about a case like mine - users sharing, having different draws?
Interesting, mine doesn't seem to cut off while I'm holding the button. I do have baby lungs and my inhales are only for 10-15 seconds or so tops. If I have found myself coughing more like 6-8 seconds.

I have been using the short stem with flat mouthpiece. I inhale at what I consider to be a moderate rate, I can hear a tiny bit of a whistle from the bottom intake. Not an actual whistle like with a sticky brick but I am aware air is moving through the intake. Having trouble describing this, sorry.

In other news the o-ring around my stir tool split. It still functions but I have to keep my eye on the broken o-ring in order to put it back after use. I mentioned initially that it was difficult to remove the tool, here we are! Assuming there will be a version 2 this might be something to include.

Used the plastic Potter for the first time today. It was okay. It worked. For me personally I'd rather keep as many pots as possible clean. use one or two repeatedly for an evening with just brushing etc and swap to clean ones.

Still very impressed with this one. My favorite of all time I think.

condition

In other news the o-ring around my stir tool split. It still functions but I have to keep my eye on the broken o-ring in order to put it back after use. I mentioned initially that it was difficult to remove the tool, here we are! Assuming there will be a version 2 this might be something to include.
I never understood the purpose of the rubber o-ring around the stir tool, which by the way is the best stir tool I ever had. At my 2nd bowle they included two, the one ending like awl.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Interesting, mine doesn't seem to cut off while I'm holding the button.
Mine will cut off within about 3 seconds if I stop the draw, even while holding the button.
Sometimes even in mid-draw. I speculate that the draw sensor thingy gets mixed messages from the two users, my wife and I have different patterns.
I would ask for a new stir tool, or at least a replacement o-ring...
I never understood the purpose of the rubber o-ring around the stir tool, which by the way is the best stir tool I ever had. At my 2nd bowle they included two, the one ending like awl.
The ring is supposed to provide enough friction to hold the tool in one of the holes, no? That is how mine arrived. It has gotten looser, but is still not easy to pull out after a couple of months' use. I guess it is good practice to keep it relatively clean (free from sticky) and maybe even lightly lubricated with something non toxic.
Agreed, it's s great tool and it's nice to have it on-board.

Finessseee

does the TB have a medical cert like the MV and S&B vapes? Or are they still working on that?

Finessseee,

condition

The ring is supposed to provide enough friction to hold the tool in one of the holes, no? That is how mine arrived. It has gotten looser, but is still not easy to pull out after a couple of months' use. I guess it is good practice to keep it relatively clean (free from sticky) and maybe even lightly lubricated with something non toxic.
Agreed, it's s great tool and it's nice to have it on-board.
I quoted the text to ask which holes and then I read the last comment from letter never sent. The holes at the bottom of the puck... I really never thought that the tool plugs there. How convenient.

buckhakeesah

Well after a warm iso soak this weekend my stem is now peeling it’s paint away from the machined metal. It’s getting pretty bad. I can scrape it off easily with my fingernail. Looking at a machined stem now. Bowle has become my daily but wish this paint issue wasn’t a concern.

Last edited:

Finessseee

Let’s say it’s a few years down the road… TB V2: Relocated Charging Port (USB-C), Machined Stem, Upgraded Cup, Metal Potter, WPA. 2025

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The machined stem is probably unnecessary, they really just need to do a different finish.

If I was consulting on the Bowle for functional improvements I’d reduce the sensitivity of the automatic shutoff draw sensor, hard anodize the entire device, (puck and stem) mold a new ceramic pot with a built in screen, and ideally double the battery capacity.

Most of these upgrades could be implemented rather quickly.

Top Bottom