Tafée Bowle

kapows

wouldn't expect a V2 anytime soon. they are planing on releasing a updated version with usbc and the was talk of a medical version to plus accessories like a wpa and glass cup but no dates from tafee in some time since they didn't hit any of the estimates earlier.

don't use hot iso or hot water to clean it, can cause the finish to peel.

every one uses it different, there is NO way to tell you how long your battery will last, I get 2 bowls with lots of temp stepping and full timer hits
I am so down to get another one i really hope the battery life is improved greatly or they allow swap out with 18650 lion cos i so wanna rip more bowls!

This thing really is genius. I love the low maintenance, no stirring, no hot vapor, and instant heat up! Marred by its battery!

wouldn't expect a V2 anytime soon. they are planing on releasing a updated version with usbc and the was talk of a medical version to plus accessories like a wpa and glass cup but no dates from tafee in some time since they didn't hit any of the estimates earlier.

don't use hot iso or hot water to clean it, can cause the finish to peel.

every one uses it different, there is NO way to tell you how long your battery will last, I get 2 bowls with lots of temp stepping and full timer hits
by the way what is a 'wpa?'

ps: thanks for ur speedy response to my previous :)

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
the only date I remember was for the glass cup which was supposed to happen last summer. usbc they told me in a email when I was getting my bowle warranted but didn't say a date

MinnBobber

it could be a minor improvement. If the originals are the ones on the right, the thinner ones do not attach to the pot firmly but I don't see difference performance wise, but they seem to last longer at least...

I gave Tafee/ Bruno feedback on the O-rings months ago, that under certain conditions the O-ring got saggy and slipped down a little.
He said he would work on that and apparently did.

I've been using this vape a ton lately, I just love it so much. Sometimes it feels like my favorite (though I could say that about any of my top 3 depending on the day). It's certainly the most user friendly vape I own. It's also the best dry hit I've ever had and among the best vapor quality in general. I'm still in awe of how comfortable the hits are with this little stubby stem. I think having some restriction helps keep the vapor more manageable. You can pull at a reasonable pace without totally overwhelming your mouth and throat with heat. That's an issue I have with more wide open convection vapes like the Tetra P80.

I'm lucky to have had zero issues in over a year of regular use. As for battery life, I got 5 full bowls on my last cycle, and was on the edge of 1/2 lights when I decided to charge it. It likely would have died during the 6th bowl. I'm two bowls into the next cycle and sitting at 3 lights for battery life. My bowls are typically 3-4 long hits (15-20 seconds) mostly at level 3 for reference. If they could give this thing a tanky battery it'd be near perfect IMO.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
On the topic of charging, is it okay to put the puck on just any old usb cable with a random adapter?
Manual says use on their cable and adapter, I understand that will be optimal. But can I use others in a pinch?

vapviking,

kapows

On the topic of charging, is it okay to put the puck on just any old usb cable with a random adapter?
Manual says use on their cable and adapter, I understand that will be optimal. But can I use others in a pinch?
you just need the cable for it. its a quickcharge 3.0 cable i believe. and obvsly the correct thing to power it. whether its an incar charger or home outlet

ChooChooCharlie

@vapviking - Tafée says only use their stock charger and cable. They use the Qualcomm QC 3.0 protocol for fast charging

You can buy QC 3.0 rated cables and chargers. However, I've tried a few non-stock cables, and Bowle gets pissed off at me, deciding to enter slow trickle charging mode -- need to go through the Reset procedure to fix

It's a sensitive little pucker

Here's link to Tafée troubleshooting page, with reset procedure:

Finessseee

Yeah, I’ve tried using the stock cable with a wall charger that should have worked, but very much didn’t. The Bowle’s battery (at least mine) is shockingly picky.
I had to get my puck replaced bc the Micro USB port wasn’t aligned and couldn’t hold a charge (must’ve been knocked out of place or something). Tafée sent me a new puck in the mail - arrived within 5 business days from Canada to US. I’m sending my old puck back to them this weekend (they paid for shipping and gave me an extra charging cord + mouthpiece!).

TLDR: TB = A1 CS

RxPlorer

I had to get my puck replaced bc the Micro USB port wasn’t aligned and couldn’t hold a charge (must’ve been knocked out of place or something). Tafée sent me a new puck in the mail - arrived within 5 business days from Canada to US. I’m sending my old puck back to them this weekend (they paid for shipping and gave me an extra charging cord + mouthpiece!).

Well it's interesting to see how selective they are with their CS. My puck was shipped back to them a week ago, for the second time as they returned a defective puck to me without servicing it. No word yet as to when or if I'll receive a functioning unit.

I'm glad you've been taken care of!

Last edited:

SpacelyJetson

That's the exact issue I'm having. I was just testing this morning. Somehow the pins arent keeping contact so I the device won't charge without me keeping the connection in place with pressure. Hopefully I can send mine in this week.

Had to rig da baby
20220206-101312.jpg

Last edited:

condition

I can't understand members suggestions regarding avoid charging it with anything other than the supplied cable and charger. A slower 1st gen micro USB cable can damage the puck base unit? I have charged it more than 100 times with the tinymight cable plugged in on an Anker multi USB charger and haven't noticed any drop on battery.

I don't say that Jetson's defect is due to the cable just referring to previous posts.

Finessseee

Well it's interesting to see how selective they are with their CS. My puck was shipped back to them a week ago, for the second time as they returned a defective puck to me without servicing it. No word yet as to when or if I'll receive a functioning unit.

That's the exact issue I'm having. I was just testing this morning. Somehow the pins arent keeping contact so I the device won't charge without me keeping the connection in place with pressure. Hopefully I can send mine in this week.

Had to rig da b
I can't understand members suggestions regarding avoid charging it with anything other than the supplied cable and charger. A slower 1st gen micro USB cable can damage the puck base unit? I have charged it more than 100 times with the tinymight cable plugged in on an Anker multi USB charger and haven't noticed any drop on battery.

I don't say that Jetson's defect is due to the cable just referring to previous posts.
I wouldn’t mess with any other wires imo. There’s a reason Tafée sent me a new one in the mail with my new puck. They urged me not to use any other wires.

staircase slight of hand

Well, this doesn’t work for mine, and hasn’t worked for others. Unless you think that everyone else’s experiences are identical to yours (or you could think they were all lying, I guess?) I’m not really understanding your lack of understanding.

staircase slight of hand,

condition

So what happened, the power of your battery slowly decreased or something else? I am genuinely interested, I have the second puck since summer and with customs and everything its really costly and long procedure to return it. Is it ok to use the original cable in an anker charger or the supplied charger (with adaptor us to eu) must be used?

Finessseee

So what happened, the power of your battery slowly decreased or something else? I am genuinely interested, I have the second puck since summer and with customs and everything its really costly and long procedure to return it. Is it ok to use the original cable in an anker charger or the supplied charger (with adaptor us to eu) must be used?
I didn’t have to pay a penny for my puck return. Tafee covered it both ways. (Canada to US and back)

RxPlorer

Happy to report that Tafee took care of my issue and resolved all of my concerns about CS and product support. Another Happy customer, finally and again!

Finessseee

Does anyone have a solid DIY wpa / whip connection for the Bowle to a bong? I know it doesn’t need to go through water, but it sometimes makes me cough when I take fat rips and wonder if it’ll hit even smoother through water for those longer inhales. More so just for the science experiment lol

Top Bottom