Tafée Bowle

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I scanned this thread this before I bought a bowle and didn't see very many complaints. I'm sensitive after years of an abusive relationship with Hopper Labs. We also saw (in the hopper world) that being an overseas customer had big drawbacks when the product is not good.
But overall I'm feeling a lot better about this vape than the hopper...

@Fogoff, unlike some HL customers, it sounds like you were at least "made whole" by replacement of your device. But I agree, paying customs fees and international shipping for repairs really changes the equation.

cptofnthng

It should theoretically help If you retailed in Europe, doesnt it? If mine stops working within warranty, i think i can send it back to verdampftnochmal.de
But it sure sucks to have to send it over the pond.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: Vitolo

simplywonderful

I already said it but I will say it once again, bowle is the most unreliable vape I ever bought. 2 exchanges, 2x customs fees, 2x shipping across the pond... I cannot recommend this vape to anyone. its flawed !
I was always wondering on moral reasoning and overall reasoning behind customs fees on returns

Sorry to hear your troubles man.
Mine has been working perfectly for over a year.
how many times daily you use it ?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
My Bowle is still working great, shares its daily driver work sporadically with either a Solo or Evo and its been over 15 months. My Bowle only comes off the charger for one portable session per day and the other Bowle sessions occur plugged in. On average I use the Bowle 2-3 sessions per day. That charge cord is so long its almost like they knew the cord might be used to support the battery life in a almost desktop approach. I have found that keeping it on the charger means I never get surprised by a lack of battery power and by leaving it plugged in like that it's always fully charged for each session including the portable session and the sessions that come afterwards.

Fogoff

Hey
Some precisions !

First time it stopped working overnight with blue led blinking (if I remember correctly)
-i shipped it back at my expense, and they replace the device for free, I paid for shipping back to me + custom fee
-Then around 5/6 months later it stopped working the same way, so I shipped it back at my expense, and then they told me the device was out of warranty and that the sensor was totally destroyed (they attached photo at my request). The grid was totally screwed as if someone put fingers inside.. I was amazed because I didn't do anything and never tried to even swap the grid... but it was my word against their I guess...
So they made me pay $180 (include shipping) for a replacement puck... I sold the device as soon as it landed to recoup a bit of money and don't wanna ever hear about this lol
I have a minivap since 2013 that is still rock solid and reliable, im super disappointed with Tafée and bowle. But as I stated earlier in this thread this device is not for heavier user, this is for recreational people like 5 times a week, I believe this is the only way for this device to last.
Happy that its working for some of you, but after all this mess I can't believe was just bad luck on my side !

Finessseee

I find myself coughing often on the 4th setting when killing a pot. I’m not sure if I have weak lungs or what, but I can take rips like that through a bong and rarely cough, but the Bowle - Level 4 is just too much for me. Any thoughts? Thinking about selling it and swapping for a TM/FW8 or desktop to rip through water. (For reference, I can rip my Solo II and V3 Pro dry on 428°F without coughing, (granted they’re weaker vapes and lower temps), but maybe it’s because the TB at setting four is 465°F and that’s too much dry vapor for me? Like I said, ripping through filtrated glass at higher temps doesn’t make me cough nearly as much.. A have similar experiences? Should I swap my Bowle for something to vape through water at those higher temps? Should I avoid those higher temps all together unless I’m ripping through water? … Figured I’d ask the pros!

Last edited:

Djsleepy

I find myself coughing often on the 4th setting when killing a pot. I’m not sure if I have weak lungs or what, but I can take rips like that through a bong and rarely cough, but the Bowle - Level 4 is just too much for me. Any thoughts? Thinking about selling it and swapping for a TM/FW8 or desktop to rip through water. (For reference, I can rip my Solo II and V3 Pro dry on 428°F without coughing, (granted they’re weaker vapes and lower temps), but maybe it’s because the TB at setting four is 465°F and that’s too much dry vapor for me? Like I said, ripping through filtrated glass at higher temps doesn’t make me cough nearly as much.. A have similar experiences? Should I swap my Bowle for something to vape through water at those higher temps? Should I avoid those higher temps all together unless I’m ripping through water? … Figured I’d ask the pros!
Well for me being a medical user I prefer lower temps to get those good terpenes from my cannabis. But I have also enjoyed the level 4 hits the Bowle delivers; I’ve found if pay attention to my inhale I can avoid the level 4 cough! Try level 3 and just know it may take a draw or two to prime it, then you should get a few more really good hits ime!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

IMO the Bowle produces the coolest vapor (without water involved) of all my vapes and doesn't emit hot vapor even at level 4 but..... I've had folks tell me I am less sensitive to heat when it comes to vapes/vaping. I think you nailed it about the dryness of the vapor being the culprit.

I finish off every pot at level 4. The only time I cough is when I've taken in too much "dry" vapor and that can happen to me at level 2 and up. For me its the vapor amount and dryness of the vapor not the heat.

Is there a "tell" occurring that is signaling the cough is coming? For example....I stop the draw the second I can feel a "tickle" in my throat. Up till that tickle occurs I've not felt anything. If I'm not paying attention when that tickle first makes itself known and I don't stop .... I'm gonna cough.

staircase slight of hand

Level 4 is just too much for me. Any thoughts?

Level 4 is my “finish the bowl” hit as well, and it’ll definitely make me cough if I hit it at full-throttle. My solution is to hit it slooooow for the entire 20/22/23/however many seconds and let the slower air movement cool the vapor. I can’t recall exactly where it is, but one of Tafée’s FAQ’s addresses two different draw styles, one being “like drinking water through a large straw for shorter duration”, the other being “like drinking a milkshake through a straw for longer duration”. The milkshake variant is the way to go with level 4, in my opinion.

johnnyCanuck

If level 3 is fine for you, I'd consume most of the pot on that level.
I'm guessing that if you do this then finish it off with one or two good rips on level 4, your throat won't be bothered as much.

florduh

I've been TM only for months now. Fired up the 'ol Bowle. It does have surprisingly cool and tasty vapor. I do wish there was more precise temp control though.

4 is pretty hot for me if I start there. Not uncomfortable though. As a finisher, most of the terps are gone by that point so it isn't very harsh at all.

Gnome34

Got my Bowle from POTV today, a day early and less than a week since ordered!

Seems like no updates since release, still has the standard stem that may flake. Still usb.

I haven't tried the potter plastic grinder yet but am curious! Very easy to load with any scooping tool. I do about 3/4 full with a light tamp. Making sure to keep material away from the upper heater screen.

The USB cord is nice, was a little difficult to plug in and I was worried initially. No damage done just firm. It's fairly long which is good given the battery.

Speaking of I haven't run it to dry from full. I intend to keep this very near the charger and came into it knowing the battery was a weakness.

The heat up time is incredible. Beats my tinymight hands down. Simplicity is unmatched. AVB is cooked nicely, the top nearly black(I haven't been stirring). The vapor doesn't irritate my throat like most vapes do, very cool and smooth. I don't find the flavor to be super great but it is good, similar to a mighty in my opinion but vapor is much less irritating. On level 1 it is very tasty and I got 3 nice puffs, once a higher temp is needed it just tastes normal to me. I think that is fine, weed loses flavor at higher temps and I don't expect a miracle!

4 bowls in maintenance seems like it will be very simple.

The pick/stir tool that goes in the bottom...it is hard to remove from the bottom. It's getting easier with repeated use but the o ring on it sometimes slips a bit. I love the tool and storage concept but I can't imagine pulling it back out of one had hand issues.

Form factor and fit and finish are phenomenal. Probably my favorite device to hold. Buttons are clicky and nice, user interface is so simple. The cup/glass is what I anticipated. I don't expect to ever use it but it's nice to store tools and brushes in. Will be handy if I ever need to hide it in plain sight.

Really pleased with it and impressed. If it stays performing this way it might very well be my favorite vape. I own a ton of them but this just nails it. No water piece needed so less to fuss with, easy as hell to use, and efficient! Very happy with this one.

RxPlorer

Seems like no updates since release, still has the standard stem that may flake. Still usb.

I haven't tried the potter plastic grinder yet but am curious! Very easy to load with any scooping tool. I do about 3/4 full with a light tamp. Making sure to keep material away from the upper heater screen.

The USB cord is nice, was a little difficult to plug in and I was worried initially. No damage done just firm. It's fairly long which is good given the battery.

Speaking of I haven't run it to dry from full. I intend to keep this very near the charger and came into it knowing the battery was a weakness.

The heat up time is incredible. Beats my tinymight hands down. Simplicity is unmatched. AVB is cooked nicely, the top nearly black(I haven't been stirring). The vapor doesn't irritate my throat like most vapes do, very cool and smooth. I don't find the flavor to be super great but it is good, similar to a mighty in my opinion but vapor is much less irritating. On level 1 it is very tasty and I got 3 nice puffs, once a higher temp is needed it just tastes normal to me. I think that is fine, weed loses flavor at higher temps and I don't expect a miracle!

The pick/stir tool that goes in the bottom...it is hard to remove from the bottom. It's getting easier with repeated use but the o ring on it sometimes slips a bit. I love the tool and storage concept but I can't imagine pulling it back out of one had hand issues.

Form factor and fit and finish are phenomenal. Probably my favorite device to hold. Buttons are clicky and nice, user interface is so simple. The cup/glass is what I anticipated. I don't expect to ever use it but it's nice to store tools and brushes in. Will be handy if I ever need to hide it in plain sight.

Really pleased with it and impressed. If it stays performing this way it might very well be my favorite vape. I own a ton of them but this just nails it. No water piece needed so less to fuss with, easy as hell to use, and efficient! Very happy with this one.
I'm only holding my TM for as long as it takes to justify confidence in my fixed TB. At that point, no reason to keep it!

Finessseee

So do you prefer it over your TinyMight? Have you still been using both? I own the Bowle, never tried the TM. Wondering which one you prefer?

Gnome34

So do you prefer it over your TinyMight? Have you still been using both? I own the Bowle, never tried the TM. Wondering which one you prefer?
I never fell in love with my tinymight. The vapor quality on low temps is really nice and terpy, but on slightly higher temps it irritates my throat too much. I'm not sure what the deal is, I have cleaned everything and use the long dimpled cooling stem. Still makes my throat feel messed up. Even through water. I personally do not enjoy using 18650 batteries. TM heats up quickly but the Bowle is faster by far. Bowle has much cooler vapor and is significantly easier to use. I feel no need whatsoever to run the Bowle through water it is heavenly through the short stem as is.

In my opinion and for my needs it's no contest the Bowle is better. If portability is a main concern or battery life the tinymight might be better for some.

condition

I never fell in love with my tinymight. The vapor quality on low temps is really nice and terpy, but on slightly higher temps it irritates my throat too much. I'm not sure what the deal is, I have cleaned everything and use the long dimpled cooling stem. Still makes my throat feel messed up. Even through water. I personally do not enjoy using 18650 batteries. TM heats up quickly but the Bowle is faster by far. Bowle has much cooler vapor and is significantly easier to use. I feel no need whatsoever to run the Bowle through water it is heavenly through the short stem as is.

In my opinion and for my needs it's no contest the Bowle is better. If portability is a main concern or battery life the tinymight might be better for some.
This is my opinion too. Harsh/warm vapor from default TM stem, water pipe or j-hook are essential.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This is my opinion too. Harsh/warm vapor from default TM stem, water pipe or j-hook are essential.
I agree. I could use your sentence and insert most vapes I've ever owned where you say "TM stem".
Granted, I've only had ten...

My particular bias is that I am 70+ yrs old, was a smoker of ganja and tobacco for more than half of those years. My search was for a portable vape that would bring on the least coughing (for me & my wife) while delivering great flavor, pretty big hits. The Bowle has been checking those boxes extremely well, we're very happy with it, its the top in the rotation.

Top Bottom