Tafée Bowle

Djsleepy

This is it! How to did I accidentally make it enter low power lockout? I think this happened yesterday as well and I’m not sure if it’s the device or me making it happen.. like I said I have no issues with it other than the two times it accidentally entered low power lockout!
done it so many times caused by going till battery dies all the time is what I was told.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
you might also have a bad usb that is failing, happened to my second unit. next time you plug it in and it doesn't show charging put a little sideways pressure on the usb while its plugged in and see if the lights come on at all when you do, if it does light up putting pressure on it you definitely have a bad usb

Finessseee

you might also have a bad usb that is failing, happened to my second unit. next time you plug it in and it doesn't show charging put a little sideways pressure on the usb while its plugged in and see if the lights come on at all when you do, if it does light up putting pressure on it you definitely have a bad usb
BAD DOG YOU ARE A LEGEND. This is what’s wrong! I pushed it in a bit and it’s now fully charging wow. I’m glad this is the issue and not a device problem! So should I hit up Vaporific (who I bought it from) or Tafée Bowle themselves about this?

Bad Dog

if it is the usb unfortunately it will only get worse till it won't charge without sideways pressure. nothing to do but reach out to tafee and start a warrantee claim. they will send you return shipping labels to send them your puck only, once they confirm the defect they will send a new puck.

edit: I do recommend to keep using it for the next little while to see how frequent its happening, you might want to wait till its starts to fail a bit more before contacting tafee because you definitely do not want to go through the bother of a return if the defect is not more prominent so there is no risk tafee will miss it in their inspection. you don't want them sending you it back saying it was working for them

Last edited:

Finessseee

if it is the usb unfortunately it will only get worse till it won't charge without sideways pressure. nothing to do but reach out to tafee and start a warrantee claim. they will send you return shipping labels to send them your puck only, once they confirm the defect they will send a new puck.

edit: I do recommend to keep using it for the next little while to see how frequent its happening, you might want to wait till its starts to fail a bit more before contacting tafee because you definitely do not want to go through the bother of a return if the defect is not more prominent so there is no risk tafee will miss it in their inspection. you don't want them sending you it back saying it was working for them
Interesting so it’s definitely the USB port itself and not the cord? Because I messed around with the cord and it fixed it. Wondering if it’s the cord itself or the USB port itself.. thanks for the feedback man you’re a massive help

Finessseee,

Finessseee

keep eye on things and let us know how your making out
Will do. Really hoping it’s just the cord itself, but if it’s the port itself then I guess I’ll have to submit an RMA… (I’ll report back in a couple weeks!)

Finessseee,

Bad Dog

you could try to buy a new cord and see if that fixes the issue but you have to make sure its the right kind and I'm not exactly sure what its rating is?? little help tafee thread???🙏

Finessseee

you could try to buy a new cord and see if that fixes the issue but you have to make sure its the right kind and I'm not exactly sure what its rating is?? little help tafee thread???🙏
Yeah they say not to use alternative micro usb cords.. but if there was one that matched it’s exact metrics would it actually matter?

Finessseee,

Bad Dog

I'm not sure, really not sure but I think its a 3 amp qualcom (that's defiantly the wrong spelling) cable. it might say in the user manual

edit: I mean the pdf manual on Tafee's site, it has more info than the quick start manual it comes with

Finessseee

I'm not sure, really not sure but I think its a 3 amp qualcom (that's defiantly the wrong spelling) cable. it might say in the user manual

edit: I mean the pdf manual on Tafee's site, it has more info than the quick start manual it comes with
Gotcha I’ll check it out. Might have to submit an RMA.. I feel like it’s the puck itself. Already getting difficult to charge it. How long did the RMA take for your Bowle? I took a video of the issue

Bad Dog

that looks exactly what happened to mine and it was the usb. took about a week maybe a little longer between mailing via Fedex, their inspection and receiving my new puck but I'm in Canada and the same Provence as tafee so you might expect maybe two weeks being in the US. send them the link for the video in your email for RMA request. sorry you got a bum unit dude but tafee will take care of you, but understandably the down time and barely getting to use it is a major bummer :( my first bowle was also a dud from the get go, than it took over a year before the usb suddenly failed on my replacement so now I'm on my third so I'm glad I have 3 years of warrantee left.

Finessseee

that looks exactly what happened to mine and it was the usb. took about a week maybe a little longer between mailing via Fedex, their inspection and receiving my new puck but I'm in Canada and the same Provence as tafee so you might expect maybe two weeks being in the US. send them the link for the video in your email for RMA request. sorry you got a bum unit dude but tafee will take care of you, but understandably the down time and barely getting to use it is a major bummer :( my first bowle was also a dud from the get go, than it took over a year before the usb suddenly failed on my replacement so now I'm on my third so I'm glad I have 3 years of warrantee left.
Vaporific has some really solid customer service so shoutout to them! They’ve been helping me troubleshoot the issue. Looks like an RMA might be the only solution, just gotta wait on Tafee to respond. Glad to hear that Tafee also has great customer service!

Finessseee

my case is probably not the norm, reports of failing units in the thread is Pretty low, there are a few like me who've gone through a few but more still on their original bowle.
I’m not too worried about it. The Bowle itself is incredible and other than battery life it’s easily the cleanest hitting vapor I’ve ever experienced. 428F through water on my Solo II makes me cough while 465F through my Bowle dry feels super smooth. It just feels like healthier vapor quality than other vapes I’ve tried in the past.

ChooChooCharlie

My stoner's wish for Bowle:

One press start, one press stop
Longer time out period, maybe 5 seconds
(currently too sensitive to draw variations)

Cool down vapor clear draw after second press
No need for press and hold functionality

Should be an easy firmware fix :lol:

If that fix is not possible, I'd like a suction pump implant in my lungs, for more machine like steady draws, a kickstarter perhaps :rockon::rofl::evil:

Finessseee

my case is probably not the norm, reports of failing units in the thread is Pretty low, there are a few like me who've gone through a few but more still on their original bowle.
Looks like they’re sending me out a new puck and I’ll be returning my malfunctioned one back in the mail. Shoutout to Tafees prompt Customer Service. Solved my problem in less than 24 hours. Thanks for your help as well mate.

JollyGreenGiant

Do you notice any discernible differences in performance/seal?

I didn't even realize there were different sizes until I had to remove all of them when I soaked the pots in ISO to clean them. I'm using my Omni only for a bit to see how livable it is, but once I get back to the (now) squeaky clean Tafee Bowle, i'll do a side by side comparo.

JollyGreenGiant,
Reactions: MinnBobber

condition

it could be a minor improvement. If the originals are the ones on the right, the thinner ones do not attach to the pot firmly but I don't see difference performance wise, but they seem to last longer at least...

kapows

Does anyone know if a v2 is coming out? This thing is pretty genius.

Anyone got cleaning tips for tafee?

And share any tips i might have missed in the 144 pages!

How long does a full charge last you??

What are the settings for auto fire and out of auto?

Cheers!

Last edited:
kapows,

Bad Dog

Does anyone know if a v2 is coming out? This thing is pretty genius.

Anyone got cleaning tips for tafee?

And share any tips i might have missed in the 144 pages!

How long does a full charge last you??

Cheers!
wouldn't expect a V2 anytime soon. they are planing on releasing a updated version with usbc and the was talk of a medical version to plus accessories like a wpa and glass cup but no dates from tafee in some time since they didn't hit any of the estimates earlier.

don't use hot iso or hot water to clean it, can cause the finish to peel.

every one uses it different, there is NO way to tell you how long your battery will last, I get 2 bowls with lots of temp stepping and full timer hits

Top Bottom