Tafée Bowle

ChooChooCharlie

Looking at his patent applications, Bruno had lots of ideas: glass stems, travel mug with lid, vapor holding chambers, multi pot rotating cartridge, etc. They always try thinking of every possible option in these applications

Some fun excerpts:

patent-diagrams.jpg

patent-text-excerpt.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist
stainless steel stems perform once someone gets their mits on one
I did "get my mits" on a shorty stem, and was lucky enough to give it a shot.
I liked it a great deal.
The vapor was not very much warmer.
The flavor was more pronounced, which I loved.
After a few back to back hits, it is warmer to handle than it's lengthier siblings.
I am happy with it!

ChooChooCharlie

Fun reading posts from first few pages of this thread -- that classic FC wit, virtually all revolving around the cup design as a gimmick

I was enthused about the heat flow direction when I first read of the Bowle. So enthused, I posted supportive comments about the design on page 3
Love seeing new vape designs, starts me off on stoned thought experiment journeys, and long run-on sentences, imagining Jorge inventing: ...maybe a LiPo sideways instead of vertical...that's it, I'll squash the RedBull minivap into a puck shape...and I've always wanted top down convection, so I'll flip it upside down...yeah, now it has a stable wide base, and with top down heat flow, I have room for a long cooling pathway from bottom to lips...should also angle the mouthpiece tip to meet lips without forcing user to hunch over... always liked my MV baskets, but needed a lid, and regular cleaning...hey now with new flow direction, I could use ceramic crucibles without any need for a lid or screen...and wide puck shape with button on front invites your hand to grab/hold it naturally, like a glass...that's the ticket, user's glass-holding muscle memory will kick in, more familiar, less intimidating, less herb spilling...hey let's actually add a glass to snap onto the puck to make it easier to hold...think I'll focus on the stay at home market, a blend-in subtle style...and maybe someone from S&B will help me design a simple crucible filling device to fill and hold four crucibles

Still think it's the best new vape in years, for those of us who don't want to learn "vape unicycle riding" (TradeMark: Troy)

Texus

I did "get my mits" on a shorty stem, and was lucky enough to give it a shot.
I liked it a great deal.
The vapor was not very much warmer.
The flavor was more pronounced, which I loved.
After a few back to back hits, it is warmer to handle than it's lengthier siblings.
I am happy with it!
I find that the inhale style and how the mouth covers the mouthpiece that is used in this video is my preferred way to hit the Bowle, which doesn't work as well with cup attached. Veeery interesting about the flavor. I'd also thought about getting a shortie glass to go with my long stem to facilitate that sort of inhale as well.

I just wish there was a free shipping threshold or that POTV could get goodies like the concentrate fiber and these accessories. $25-35 shipping is the biggest deterent right now (or I'll wait until more accessories are available and go for one big order.

Last edited:

NimChimpsky

Yea I love my Bowle, but Tafeé could use some work on their communications, missed opportunities imo. I'd recommend offering a mailing list/newsletter to keep folks updated on goings on and product availability. I dont think im going to buy a SS stem, but I agree it's odd how consistently inconsistent they are with these drop dates.

Last edited:

Texus

Dropped them an e-mail about ETA on machined stems. Wasn't sure if a small batch had sold out quick or just not yet in stock.

Yea I love my Bowle, but Tafeé could use some work on their communications, missed opportunities imo. I'd recommend offering a mailing list/newsletter to keep folks updated on goings on and product availability. I dont think im going to buy a SS stem, but I agree it's odd how consistently inconsistent they are with these drop dates.
They do have a newsletter you can sign up for. Look at the bottom of this page: https://tafee.com/support.html

And just heard back from Tafee:
  • From their site, free shipping starts at $149
  • As for the machined stems: "regrettably we have encountered a delay in our arrival of fully machined stainless steel Stems. Fortunately at this point in time, we expect them to arrive early July."

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Got to say, been having a blast and getting blasted on the Tafe Bowle. My preferred method is currently three big drags on temp three. Tap out and repeat.

Huge hits quick. Just textbook extraction. May potentially be the best at consistent and perfect ABV without stirring, of an pure convection device out there. Certainly up there.

The bowls do need constant brushing and attention but ultimately should be fairly easy to continue to clean in the long term even after hundreds or even thousands of runs.

I consider myself a taste snob, and taste here is good but not excellent. Not as tasty as an RBT pure convection IMO or some of the other alternatives.

Loving the vapor signature, very punchy on setting 3 or 4. A real head slammer even for someone like me. I ran 4 back to back bowls of a few different strains and i was feeling big dab level ripped. Now if i used it every day, i think this extra punch would fade as i my body adjusts but in the short term she a killer

Cheers all.

Last edited:

420_fitdad

Bowle and course plate :rockon:
View attachment 8833

Edit: oh man that full pot of 26.7% bubba Kush was a skull crusher 🤯 I only just came back down to earth 🥴 first time in a week I've or a bit less since I used it and first time in a month since I had a full thc bowl in it. Forgot just how magical the hits in this can be with some good flower.
you still prefer hitting with no mouthpiece huh? does it ever get too hot?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Never had a issue with heat that high up on the stem. Even if I'm in a hurry I typically get three hits at all temp settings and I've been known to take my hits back to back, the bottom of the stem gets quite hot but because of how I hold it I don't touch the bottom. Never felt any sort heat that I would consider uncomfortable by a mile

420_fitdad

The honeymoon is definitely over for me. I still love her the most, by far, but I find myself spending time with the others to relieve the "sameness". It's polygamy but could easily become polyamory.

I'm grateful that she makes me feel so good so quickly but sometimes I just need something different.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I think you and I got ours right around the same time too so it makes sense. I do find my VAS now much more focused on desktop type heavy hitters though so it's changed me for good.

Djsleepy

Thats how I do it , long stem doesn’t get hot, short stem does on higher settings but doesn’t get hot enough that I had to quit use. I can’t see spending $25 US for shipping for a $10 mouthpieces. I also have had not cut off engage without stem....not once!

ninjagaijin

There are now hemp "extract fibres" for concentrate use listed in the accessories section of the Tafee site.

They state for stuff like hash, kief and unprocessed extracts. Can rosin or wax be natural unprocessed? We only just got some hash made legal for medical patients in Australia so I have no experience with extracts/concentrates.

Presumably you could use a liquid pad but it may damage the ceramic part of the pots?

From Tafee accessories page:
Naturally Degummed Hemp Fibers in two strand variations for a broad spectrum of extract use in Bowle. (For Natural Unprocessed Extracts, Hash, Keif etc.)

• FINE STRANDS Grade 'A' naturally processed 100% degummed hemp fiber. (6 Ceramic Pot Volume)
  • COARSE STRANDS Grade 'A" naturally degummed hemp fibers (6 Ceramic Pot Volume)

Djsleepy

They state for stuff like hash, kief and unprocessed extracts. Can rosin or wax be natural unprocessed? We only just got some hash made legal for medical patients in Australia so I have no experience with extracts/concentrates.

Presumably you could use a liquid pad but it may damage the ceramic part of the pots?

From Tafee accessories page:
Naturally Degummed Hemp Fibers in two strand variations for a broad spectrum of extract use in Bowle. (For Natural Unprocessed Extracts, Hash, Keif etc.)

• FINE STRANDS Grade 'A' naturally processed 100% degummed hemp fiber. (6 Ceramic Pot Volume)
  • COARSE STRANDS Grade 'A" naturally degummed hemp fibers (6 Ceramic Pot Volume)
Rosin is just pressure squeezing oil out of flower so no chemicals used. I use 2 FF2+ concentrate pads and no issues with
Pots

cliffhanger1

here is my stem from where i completely removed the coating.
i scraped it off with a kitchen knife and soaked it in warm water beforehand.
you can't see it so well in the photo. the knife made scratches but since i have one stem more than devices i don't care.
only the base plate still has the coating from below.
now it is completely smooth on the surface

Last edited:
Top Bottom