• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

T-Bucket Banger System by NewVape

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Aye, I'm never going up higher than 450, and now I know my temps are higher than I thought, thats even less likely :) I've banned myself from using Amazon too, irresponsible cocklords that they are :) But yeah, I will upgrade to a probe with better range later down the line.

Gone down to 405f now I know whats what. Getting fantastic results, and the rosin I have thats a bit vile (which I think I almost completely resolved) is really nice at ten degrees down, and way less irritating on my lungs (less coughing up crap).

Result.

How far off where you, temp wise, compared to the old probe?

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
About 40 degrees but im yet to recheck. So my 410 was more like 450/460. But I did notice reading differences depending on how I was holding the probe, so I'll do it again in a bit to see if my readings seems wrong. If I held it slightly at an angle, the temp reading went up.

Tho I've just gone back thru the thread, and when I wasnt taking average readings with the bare wire, it was reading higher than the set temp (somewhere I posted about being set at 410 but the actual temp, according the ball wire, was 425f at least, so in that respect, the bare wire was only 25 degrees out or so. It wasnt being hand held and was being pushed down a little).

MonkeyDsavage

Cool. The thin wire type thermocoupler with the tiny “bead” at the are the hardest to use properly in my experience. They really need to be physically attached to whatever surface one is trying to read. I was trying to use it to measure the temperature on a new soldering iron’s tip, unsuccessfully till I learned from the experts on the Dave Jones electronics board “EEVBlog”. I was told to make a small solder bridge between the irons tip, and the wire probes lead, now they were physically connected, and measurements were accurate. The one I’m linking below, (for the benefit of all) is great to directly read the surface of our 30mm dishes, but obviously wouldn’t fit through a carb cap hole.

Now if you can squeeze a bead tip through a carb cap, you could at least measure the AIR TEMPERATURE, inside the cup, and perhaps see what if any differences you see in your test. You won’t be getting surface temps because even if the probe “bead” tip was touching it, without some solid pressure or being physically mated, the readings won’t be accurate or terribly useful. These bead type thermocouple wires, work very well when submerged in ice cold and boiling water, two tests used for double checking many temperature probes as well as the DMM, since we know what those two temperatures are supposed to be. I’ve also been able to squeeze the “bead” in between the end wrap of the heating coils, when not installed and ran some open air tests. There are uses for these “bead” type wire sensors, just not too many that I have found, thankfully the usually include one in every DMM I’ve bought, as they are cheap, and not too durable, though I have abused a few.

Below is the KType handheld probe (can read over 1,000f), I believe Baron23 originally recommended in another thread. At $14, I wasn’t hoping for much, but after comparing to my other probes, I felt it was quite accurate and I still use it now and then to make sure my #1 probe the Thermapen Pro (575f MAX TEMP!), is accurate to a few degrees. Showing on Amazon, as “no longer sold”, but like most Chinese clones, probably the same factory making them, and rebranding. So you will be able to get the same thing with some shopping. You’ll also see these exact same probes on websites selling for $40-50, ripoff!

Now if folks own a fairly standard DDM (digital multi meter), with standard banana style female lead sockets, you will need the adapter below, as I did, none of my DDM’s have the smaller “blade type” KTYPE socket, though some meters do, never seen one myself.

K-TYPE ADAPTER:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008S0N97K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008S0N97K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

K-TYPE HANDHELD PROBE:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0IPBEC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Feel free if you ever want to discuss your measurement tools or techniques, just something I’ve been enjoying, along with the vape results.....

What Is a good DDM that pairs well with them?

Last edited:
MonkeyDsavage,
Reactions: LesPlenty

RustyOldNail

What Is a good DDM that pairs well with them?

Most quality meters accept 2 (positive/negative) male banana jack plugs, and most cheap wire bead thermocouplers have banana make plugs. But as you get into the handheld types, many are called KType, and within that category are even smaller ones so beware. The larger KType most seen are YELLOW colored. I’ve seen some DMM’s that have the 2-Blade female insert on the meter. For most standard DMM’s, like a Fluke, I had to buy a $12 KType ADAPTER, the Fluke version was over $40. I think if you search not far back in this thread, the New Vape maker, showed his inexpensive meter, and it looked like that model did not need an adapter, and he posted a link to buy it. I’m sure the temperature reading ability would be accurate enough. Depending on the tip one is using, many can tolerate being submerged in water. If so, google the DMM ice & boiling water tests, you can determine how accurate both meter and thermocoupler is, but of course you go down the rabbit hole, of needing more then one probe and one DMM, to measure against. Good luck!

RustyOldNail,

Dubmonkey

Well my sapphire side cracked. Thinking when my partner reached over with wet hands a drop might have popped into the dish. As you use it the oil seems to inside the dish and turn the dish black, but doesn’t leak out the back side and get stuck to the Tbucket. At a crossroads right now - buy a SIC dish or buy a replacement sapphire dish. Or sell.

Finding my torch game getting better with the Terpometer and easier to partake then having to wait for the Tbucket to heat up.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well my sapphire side cracked. Thinking when my partner reached over with wet hands a drop might have popped into the dish. As you use it the oil seems to inside the dish and turn the dish black, but doesn’t leak out the back side and get stuck to the Tbucket. At a crossroads right now - buy a SIC dish or buy a replacement sapphire dish. Or sell.

Finding my torch game getting better with the Terpometer and easier to partake then having to wait for the Tbucket to heat up.

Damn that is a total bummer!

Is it unusable? I have a cracked ruby that still seems pretty solid.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Actually just pulled the sapphire dish out of the cleaner and wow not cracked. Must have been the cheap rosin I am using. She is a dirty oil. Back in biz and now to continue the party tonight...

Hurrah!

I have some vile rosin that turns the dish black very quickly, had to turn the temp down to stop it from leaving black crap all over the dish that wont just wipe up, it dries out very quick too which compounds the problem.

jamesvally

So I’m getting ready to purchase either the T-Buckey or the DCup. I use smaller 14mm incycler and recycler female joint rigs 6-8in. tall in height. As of now I use a quartz banger with ruby/sapphire inserts with a DC enails and Auber unit. Tell me which one of these choices and why.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So I’m getting ready to purchase either the T-Buckey or the DCup. I use smaller 14mm incycler and recycler female joint rigs 6-8in. tall in height. As of now I use a quartz banger with ruby/sapphire inserts with a DC enails and Auber unit. Tell me which one of these choices and why.

Aren't you supposed to tell us why? :lol:

What problems do you have with your current setup that you are hoping to see improved in the T bucket?

invertedisdead,

Hephaestus

I've just been using an old titanium dab nail + blowtorch for years and I've been researching and saving for months to upgrade to a top-notch e-nail setup.

I had settled on the D-Cup months ago, but I didn't have the money at the time. And when I went to pull the trigger yesterday I discovered this T-bucket.

After reading through all 12 pages here I decided to get this instead. (You guys are amazing with all the detailed info, but damn this is all so intimidating as a noob.)

I've been in quarantine so long I haven't paid attention to the date in weeks, and I placed my $600 order yesterday for the whole shebang completely oblivious to the fact that today is 4/20 and OF COURSE THERE'S A HUGE SALE NOW!

I'm a goddamn moron.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I've just been using an old titanium dab nail + blowtorch for years and I've been researching and saving for months to upgrade to a top-notch e-nail setup.

I had settled on the D-Cup months ago, but I didn't have the money at the time. And when I went to pull the trigger yesterday I discovered this T-bucket.

After reading through all 12 pages here I decided to get this instead. (You guys are amazing with all the detailed info, but damn this is all so intimidating as a noob.)

I've been in quarantine so long I haven't paid attention to the date in weeks, and I placed my $600 order yesterday for the whole shebang completely oblivious to the fact that today is 4/20 and OF COURSE THERE'S A HUGE SALE NOW!

I'm a goddamn moron.

Still, money well spent.

Turn it on, set a temp, dab, then adjust to taste. No intimidation needed :)

Congrats on your purchase!

EmDeemo,

Dubmonkey

Went with TBucket as I knew there were parts of the CCA710 liger that would work with the TBucket so that was one positive. The other is the huge dish surface and the ability to set the Tbucket at any angle to match your rig joint angle. Before the Tbucket I was running the ERoss quartz enail set up with a AdaptTech blue sapphire. Got great tastes and performance with the ERoss set up but you had to watch out for oil blowing over the AdaptTech insert. It was real easy and you had to do smaller dabs if didn’t want the oil to blow over (tried different caps but nothing seemed to work). Also Q tipping the ERoss felt sketch because it was all quartz. With the TBucket I can go to town in q tipping.

I have found my perfect temp for the Tbucket where I get nice enough clouds with taste and effect. Haven’t glob mode much as I wish to just sit back and partake. I recommend the Tbucket and suggest buying two dishes either two sapphire dishes or one of each of the new vape dishes (SIC and sapphire). Oh other bonus Of the Tbucket over the Dcup? You can remove the dish by turning over the Tbucket with the Dcup you can’t do that. Helps in getting the dish out if it gets stuck.

RustyOldNail

Oh other bonus Of the Tbucket over the Dcup? You can remove the dish by turning over the Tbucket with the Dcup you can’t do that. Helps in getting the dish out if it gets stuck.

In my opinion, that’s a negative. On the DCup, you simply remove the dish cover to remove the dish. On a TCup, if you don’t keep it fairly horizontal, your expensive Sapphire dish will drop right out. Being able to adjust to non 45/90 joint angles is a plus, not a factor for my rigs. The TCup is longer, so be careful on small rigs, can be a bit more tip prone. Both great products.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: jamesvally

Baron23

I'm a goddamn moron.
Have you contacted Newvape and see if they will apply the discount insofar as your items certainly have not shipped yet?

I knew there were parts of the CCA710 liger that would work with the TBucket so that was one positive.

What parts would these be??? 30mm inserts? They will fit both D-cup and T-bucket.

Baron23,

Dubmonkey

The other CCa parts that fit are:
-Cover for AugustHaus coil
-CCA caps
-30mm dishes

The coil and cover are the biggest performance improvers since gives you ability to heat fast up temps.

Top Bottom