T-Bucket Banger System by NewVape

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@Dubmonkey thank for the reply. This photo was posted on insta from an existing customer. I'm not currently under the impression that the t-bucket needs a wraparound (axial) coil like in the photo. I do understand there's a need with quartz bangers because the quartz dosen't retain heat on it's own. But with the titanium banger and the thick wall dishes heat retention is not a concern for the t-bucket. The flat coils are much cheaper and have a proven track record. That being said if customers want us to make a wraparound coil cover like in the photo I will be glad to accommodate that request. I'd also be open to stocking the axial coils.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I just took the temp up to a whopping 480f and did a 0.2 dab. It went down completely in three long inhales. I coughed once as my lungs got full on the first inhale, but then just carried on till the dab ended.

Then proceeded to get massive dab sweats, a slight bit of nausea and had to wait for it pass :D :uhoh::rockon::puke::mmmm::smug:

No inhaler use tho. Result.

Last edited:

Dubmonkey

Everything came together last night as I got my AugustHaus Liger custom coil and the Tbucket.

Gave the metal parts a good washing and test assembled everything. Found that the NV cover for the flat coil does not fit the AugustHaus coil. Tried putting everything together without the coil cover but noticed that the sapphire dish sits on the bolt that is poking through the bottom. Figured I needed a washer or something to take up the thread space on the bolt. Flipped the NV flat iron coil and bolted everything back up. With the flipping of the coil cover everything bolted up nicely and very sturdy.

Plugged in the coil into my KubeOneand set the temp to 410 and waited for heat soak for a 3 mins or so. Whipped out the Terpometer and took a temp. Was at 340 or so on the Terpometer. Tried a small size dosing like a .1 or less maybe. Got terps but very little ☁️. Bumped temp to 490 and best soaked again for a min or two and took another. Now got both terps and ☁️. Terpometer showed about 410 while my controller was set to 490. So about a 80 degree diff.

Bumped temp to 450 on the KubeOne and let it cool soak since I had it at 490 earlier. Friend wanted to try so thought maybe a good time to try glob mode. The glob mode in the KubeOne is where you can have the controller apply heat to reach a certain temp and hold the temp for a set amount of time and then return the temp back to the original temp setting of say 450. Set up a glob mode profile for 575 for 10 seconds. Gots .1 set up for the friend. We dropped it in and kick the glob mode to go to 575 for 10 seconds. Starts taking pulls once the glob mode button is pushed. Friend got to experience the terps at the low temps and get full heat spectrum of the concentrate at the higher temps. It was perfect. As tried another for myself but using glob mode. The top temp was just high enough to not create the burnt concentrate taste.

By the way i am using the sapphire dish specifically the CCA710 one. Which is very similar to the NV sapphire dish,

I tried various caps. They are work as far as sealing. Coojo cap worked nice and was able to make the balls spin but he spin was not a very high rate of speed. Had to point the coojo cap way to the side and directional pointed to make spin. It sealed nice and was easy to use. Also tried a d-nail coin cap with air channels. That worked good and could spin the balls but not very fast without big pulls on the lungs. The NV cap worked the best as far spinning the balls quickly. All of the caps sealed great. The coojo cap felt the most secure and think provided the most control. Might try one more cap but will need to test fit first.

Cleaning is wonderful as the dish is big and easy to swab. Very sturdy and easy to apply pressure without any worries of snapping a quartz neck.

think NV did a good job on the Tbucket and happy with the set up. Can’t wait to experiment again tonight.

Last edited:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Everything came together last night as I got my AugustHaus Liger custom coil and the Tbucket.

Gave the metal parts a good washing and test assembled everything. Found that the NV cover for the flat coil does not fit the AugustHaus coil. Tried putting everything together without the coil cover but noticed that the sapphire dish sits on the bolt that is poking through the bottom. Figured I needed a washer or something to take up the thread space on the bolt. Flipped the NV flat iron coil and bolted everything back up. With the flipping of the coil cover everything bolted up nicely and very sturdy.

Plugged in the coil into my KubeOneand set the temp to 410 and waited for heat soak for a 3 mins or so. Whipped out the Terpometer and took a temp. Was at 340 or so on the Terpometer. Tried a small size dosing like a .1 or less maybe. Got terps but very little ☁️. Bumped temp to 490 and best soaked again for a min or two and took another. Now got both terps and ☁️. Terpometer showed about 410 while my controller was set to 490. So about a 80 degree diff.

Bumped temp to 450 on the KubeOne and let it cool soak since I had it at 490 earlier. Friend wanted to try so thought maybe a good time to try glob mode. The glob mode in the KubeOne is where you can have the controller apply heat to reach a certain temp and hold the temp for a set amount of time and then return the temp back to the original temp setting of say 450. Set up a glob mode profile for 575 for 10 seconds. Gots .1 set up for the friend. We dropped it in and kick the glob mode to go to 575 for 10 seconds. Starts taking pulls once the glob mode button is pushed. Friend got to experience the terps at the low temps and get full heat spectrum of the concentrate at the higher temps. It was perfect. As tried another for myself but using glob mode. The top temp was just high enough to not create the burnt concentrate taste.

By the way i am using the sapphire dish specifically the CCA710 one. Which is very similar to the NV sapphire dish,

I tried various caps. They are work as far as sealing. Coojo cap worked nice and was able to make the balls spin but he spin was not a very high rate of speed. Had to point the coojo cap way to the side and directional pointed to make spin. It sealed nice and was easy to use. Also tried a d-nail coin cap with air channels. That worked good and could spin the balls but not very fast without big pulls on the lungs. The NV cap worked the best as far spinning the balls quickly. All of the caps sealed great. The coojo cap felt the most secure and think provided the most control. Might try one more cap but will need to test fit first.

Cleaning is wonderful as the dish is big and easy to swab. Very sturdy and easy to apply pressure without any worries of snapping a quartz neck.

think NV did a good job on the Tbucket and happy with the set up. Can’t wait to experiment again tonight.

Curious if you tried just selecting the Liger as your nail and leaving it for a bit. Also, have you experienced any dish over run? (dabs boiling over or splashing over the rim of the dish, into the bucket)

IME with the 3.0, which I think has slightly more mass then the Tbucket, the glob mode never really did much unless I extended it out for almost a min, and even then, not much difference, even with SIC vs saph dishes. Im thinking the Tbucket, although it looks close to the 3.0, might have a lot less mass then the 3.0 and is maybe closer to the Air or maybe your Kube heats up faster then the 2 Kubes I have but both of mine barely get my quartz buckets heat soaked after 90 seconds, saying nothing of inserts or gems. I should toss my 1 of my Ligers on and see but from what I remember it was around 10 full mins.

Good review and Im glad you put a few caps through their paces as I think thats a critical part of these type of setups.

Dubmonkey

Yep selected the liger setting on the KubeOne.
The Chad Bro cap is another cap I think might work. Will check local shop to test fit.
I would say the Tbucket set up bolts together nice and snug. I attach the Velcro from the coil wire around the rig as a extra precaution. Haven’t gotten spill over yet but my doses have been .1 maybe. Not more than .2 for sure.

I am liking the coojo cap the best at the moment as just did some additional dry runs and figured out how to make the balls spin without inhaling super hard. It was about the angle and direction. And realizing the indicator of where air outlet was pointing to. It doesn’t spin the balls at a high rpm more like a slow-medium pace.

more testing tonight...

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Good to see you using the tbucket! :)

Spill over is more likely with fast spinning terp balls, and they're more likely to spray dabs up on the Ti bucket walls. Personally, I'm having much success with no terp balls and just using the air from the carb hole to move the oil around.

I am using a modded one hole NV cap tho.

Dubmonkey

@emmdeemo glad to join the party here in TBucket land. Really liking the construction and size of the TBucket set up. The 30mm size really opens up so easy to drop in concentrate and sturdy feeling when swabbing the floor and walls.

When using a sapphire insert in my other quartz enail sets I felt the heat connection wasn’t there. I had a 18mm blue sapphire but it would be loose in a 24mm quartz with 2mm walls. The heat expansion never allowed for all sides of the insert to be heated evenly compared to the TBucket with its perfect fitted sapphire dish and bucket.

Really liking this set up at the moment and my only wish is that NV offered a 10mm male joint option.

Dubmonkey,
Reactions: EmDeemo

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
The tBucket is so big for a 10mm rig, no? It'd be so close to my face!!! I believe the reasoning is simply itd be too heavy for a small rig. Perhaps a rebuttal?

Glad you're liking it!

@emmdeemo glad to join the party here in TBucket land. Really liking the construction and size of the TBucket set up. The 30mm size really opens up so easy to drop in concentrate and sturdy feeling when swabbing the floor and walls.

When using a sapphire insert in my other quartz enail sets I felt the heat connection wasn’t there. I had a 18mm blue sapphire but it would be loose in a 24mm quartz with 2mm walls. The heat expansion never allowed for all sides of the insert to be heated evenly compared to the TBucket with its perfect fitted sapphire dish and bucket.

Really liking this set up at the moment and my only wish is that NV offered a 10mm male joint option.

Chris_CH,

Dubmonkey

@newvape918 just a wish has I got some oil rigs that are 10mm and would love to use the TBucket with them. Plus with the handle I can take the TBucket on and off. Got a sake bottle that would rip with TBucket. I can use a drop down that has a 10mm male and 14mm female but I hate them.

The 10mm is not a deal breaker for me but more of a wish.

Dubmonkey,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Looking forward to more videos from you @emmdeemo

I spent yesterday up at 430f and found my lungs suffering a little today so I'm not sure my videos are going to be that enlightening tbh, not much temp changes are going to be going on. However, I am planning on filming a 0.2/0.3 dab up at 480f or so, see how much of it I can get down in one go :D

I am expecting to vomit :)

Its so sturdy that I just use tissue paper to clean up, cram it in there and give it a couple of twists :D I do like being able to be a bit rough n ready with it, with no fear of breaking the damn thing :)

May the honeymoon period never end! :)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

I very much like the idea of a 'glob mode'. I just tried a manual version by upping the temp to 450 from 415, doing the dab while the temps on the rise, and lowering it back down to 415 before the dab ends.

The dab went down in fewer inhales but kept the fresh taste and still didnt make me cough. The end of the dab felt like I'd been at 415 the whole time, in terms of my fucked lungs negative reaction (or lack of), but with added benefit of the extra oomph of more vapour in one go! :)

I think I finally need to get a controller with temp curves!

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Well, I would not discard the idea, but I havent heard of any plans to do so, sorry to say :\

@newvape918 just a wish has I got some oil rigs that are 10mm and would love to use the TBucket with them. Plus with the handle I can take the TBucket on and off. Got a sake bottle that would rip with TBucket. I can use a drop down that has a 10mm male and 14mm female but I hate them.

The 10mm is not a deal breaker for me but more of a wish.

Chris_CH,

Dubmonkey

Sortie report 2: lowered the temp to 400 so could get more flavor in the beginning and enjoy a wider range of heat as the glob mode ceiling was set 575. Worked well with the concentrate I was using which needed less heat than the concentrate I used in the previous night. Actually found the 575 ceiling to be to hot,for,this concentrate. Lowered ceiling to 520 and was perfect on the second bowl. More testing to come...

Dubmonkey,

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
So were ready to get a batch of universal carb caps going. We really want to settle on one cap for all systems. Its been recently suggested that a single hole carb cap would be great for all applications, instead of going with the current 2 angled hole hole approach.

We are debating between 1 or 2 holes and whether they should even be angled anymore.

Ed wants to hear from y'all and see where we land with this batch.

AAAAAAND GO!!! :razz:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So were ready to get a batch of universal carb caps going. We really want to settle on one cap for all systems. Its been recently suggested that a single hole carb cap would be great for all applications, instead of going with the current 2 angled hole hole approach.

We are debating between 1 or 2 holes and whether they should even be angled anymore.

Hmm, well I dunno that 1 hole is appropriate for ALL the heads NV do, but I can see how 1 cap to rule them all could do with a set approach to holes! :) So, I dunno here. IIRC, two holes was much better at getting terp pearls to move around in the VRod

I think the Tbucket and dcup both benefit from a one hole carb massively, to the point where I dont think any other option is remotely needed.

If the angle helps create an airflow that helps move the oil around, then keep the angled hole. If the oil movement happens just as well without the angle, then ditch the angle.

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Chris_CH

kyshxo

1 Hold, No Angle

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum

1 hole, slight angle.

ensabbahnur,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
hmmm interesting

I think spinning gems is overrated and moving them a bit is enough. I think air flow at an angle moves material better then straight on because it uses less pressure but Ive seen caps take the angle to like 45o and I think thats not as good for herb vapes, so a compromise "1 cap to rule them all" might be better overall

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Here’s an idea (NewVape Universal Cab Cap), the cap bottom itself is already as “universal” as you can make it, the debate is how many holes & angle of hole/holes. Assuming the angle is not a factor, drill two straight holes, that are threaded, I know these are small holes, that might be the biggest drawback, but with two supplied tiny threaded plugs, one could have a carb cap with no draw, one hole or two. I’m sure the extra parts and machining would make it more expensive, but if folks want to use terms like the “one cap to rule them all”, then this gets closer perhaps. Watching Edwin’s videos and seeing his shop, I think he likes to deal with metal, (I also own a DCup and many of his other “metal” toys). That’s why I doubt it’s a option here, but a plug option of something like “silicone”, might work, but would most likely have to be outsourced.

Now as far as angles of hole or holes, first I believe the only way one could tell is with a see through glass setup. Those using quartz bangers with direction glass cab caps probably come as close to seeing the potential effects of moving the air at various angles, though it would be tough to scientifically record the various results, but I think in general you could make some logical conclusions.

I doubt anyone has the expensive equipment to see how hole angles truly effect the inside of a metal cup and cap, like my DCup. So who really knows? I know you can see balls moving, depending, when you pull the metal cap off, so you could perhaps experiment making several models with various angles and deduce something, in the videos I’ve see, the two hole standard DCup carb cap moves them fine. But like emmdeemo has documented, I saw a bigger mess and oil overflow and immediately stopped using them. I’m of the belief the 30mm Sapphire dish doesn’t need any oil distribution help. I only have experience with the DCup rig, so while it may be possible to create a single carb cap offering, certainly one that physically fits is no problem, but it seems logical with all the devices you make that the airflow may not be universal.

And as @emmdeemo pointed out, one or two holes might not be the best in every situation. So if my crazy plug idea is not feasible, then why not offer them in both one and two holes, see which sells the most on limited runs, then either charge more later for infrequent runs on the press for the less popular model. You could perhaps do something similar on custom hole angles, since no matter what “single rule them all” design you come up with, you will never satisfy everyone.

BTW: I’m satisfied so far with my stock DCup carb cap, but my play with my own plug, like emmdeemo has written about. I doubt I’ll like pulling anymore then I have to with the stock two hole cap.

That’s my 3 cents, I’ll look at the final offer/offers and perhaps try one, but only after an emmdeemo review!

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
I would go with 2 holes. It is relatively easy to block one for if 1 hole functions better. So it gives you both possibilities.
Not knowing if 2 holes are necessary. I mean if all newvape systems work fine with one hole i'd go with one. But I was under the impression the vrod works better with the 2 holes cap.

Top Bottom