PPN

Volute of Vapor
That Straw is a game changer for me, you can microdose like never, a few days ago we got a game night (no video games but true games, we played one called "Citadelles" which was very nice!). Took my Straw paired with my D-020 and the Target mini by Vaporesso, sticked a decent glob on a glass dabber, plus or less 2 small dabs, which last me all the evening, approximatively 15 hits, I was the only one to vape, sadly.

Since the very small amount it's very smooth and easy for the lungs and taste is good enough for me and pretty clean if you don't let your coil too much gunked.

Oogendoogan

Anyone have suggestions for changing the coil? Maybe I’m dumb but can’t get my screws out? I seem to have Phillips head style screw drivers for all my 510 devices, it seems like the straw used flathead screws.. just wondering what people are using to change they’re coils cuz I couldn’t get these screws loose for the life of me. My driver was a bit large so maybe I need to go get a smaller one? Or am I missing something? I’ve used tons of RDAs and never had a problem getting the screws loose lol.. any help is appreciated.

Oogendoogan,

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
Anyone have suggestions for changing the coil? Maybe I’m dumb but can’t get my screws out? I seem to have Phillips head style screw drivers for all my 510 devices, it seems like the straw used flathead screws.. just wondering what people are using to change they’re coils cuz I couldn’t get these screws loose for the life of me. My driver was a bit large so maybe I need to go get a smaller one? Or am I missing something? I’ve used tons of RDAs and never had a problem getting the screws loose lol.. any help is appreciated.

I changed my coil for the first time minutes ago.

I used the smallest of my flat heads screwdrivers, the screws were tight on mine but I was able to easily unscrew by hand.

Oogendoogan

I changed my coil for the first time minutes ago.

I used the smallest of my flat heads screwdrivers, the screws were tight on mine but I was able to easily unscrew by hand.
Word. Thanks dude this really helps as I believe my screws are just very tight and my driver is a bit too large for me to get the torque I need to get them loose. It’s all good just a trip to the parents and I can get a free small flat head that should do the trick. The straw has become my go to for quick shatter rips. I don’t put my live rosin or diamonds through it, it is just a little hot for that when I have my sic insert and banger always ready but for shatter this thing is perfect. Tastes great and gets you blasted from tiny dabs. Kinda reminds me of high temp dabs because they’re so fast and milky but the flavor is closer to a lowtemp dab. Gotta love it. And for free I’m definitely not complaining a bit. In fact I recommend this device to anyone who likes to save material and dab through a rig. Thanks for the awesome giveaway @funkyjunky I love this thing more every time I use it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey y'all, just got one of these from the very generous @abracadaver along with an evic vtwo mini for it preloaded with Tubo firmware!

I believe the coil has been replaced with a different one, but I don't really know anything about coils... I also have no idea how this is supposed to work with temp control or wattage or what? Could be likely that this new coil must be run in wattage? (like a long tight flat spring?)

Help for the clueless! :huh::D

Shit Snacks

@abracadaver is truly a generous guy. A shining example of the openhearted cannabis community and part of the what makes FC great.
@Shit Snacks hope you get your issue fixed.

He is one of the greats! Thanks dude

@FMSQ & @funkyjunky maybe you can help? Cool looks like this, but only one and flattened out, it may be that molecule coil you mentioned?

strawdualcoiltriplealien.png

I have Evic with Tubo loaded, I think @abracadaver was running it in wattage though? Came set at 34watts... Am I able to get temp control going with this?

sorry I will also take a pic of the actual coil I have when I am home later tonight!

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

He is one of the greats! Thanks dude

@FMSQ & @funkyjunky maybe you can help? Cool looks like this, but only one and flattened out, it may be that molecule coil you mentioned?

strawdualcoiltriplealien.png

I have Evic with Tubo loaded, I think @abracadaver was running it in wattage though? Came set at 34watts... Am I able to get temp control going with this?

sorry I will also take a pic of the actual coil I have when I am home later tonight!

Hi,
Instructions say: TCR 185, 45-50W, Temp starting from 175
It gets warm, but I haven't tried it yet. just checked that it works. have no concentrates so far.
*Probably TCR will get a different value if it's 3 coils connected. I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Hi,
Instructions say: TCR 185, 45-50W, Temp starting from 175
It gets warm, but I haven't tried it yet. just checked that it works. have no concentrates so far.
*Probably TCR will get a different value if it's 3 coils connected. I'm not sure.

Thanks! That's 175c I expect...
Sorry you have not been able to try yours yet!

IMG-20191122-233746127.jpg

^This is what I'm working with

Edit: tried a dab at 350F, 35watts, was faster hotter than I expected! Resistance on this coil is .507Ω Tubo value is still 185. Tried warm-up after to do cleaning mode thing? Went to 463F with while coil red hot, dono if that's good or correct, stopped it before it did it for more than a few seconds at least... I'm mostly just vaping herbs, but now used to bangers, pens, and convection dabs so this is an adjustment.

But this thing is cool n fun!
Thanks again @abracadaver!

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=85_83

also in the first post there is a video of how to install a new coil, i recommend you watch it, especially the last few minutes.

while wattage mode will evaporate the concentrate it is not recommended to use the device in this mode especially with hot drop method, since the coil will be very hot before but will cool down too much with material applied.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
This is certainly a different kind of device, but I'm not convinced it is a better experience or flavor than SiC or quartz. I can't imagine dabs tasting better on a hot wire.

FlyingLow,

GoldenBud

This is certainly a different kind of device, but I'm not convinced it is a better experience or flavor than SiC or quartz. I can't imagine dabs tasting better on a hot wire.
Thanks! That's 175c I expect...
Sorry you have not been able to try yours yet!

IMG-20191122-233746127.jpg

^This is what I'm working with

Edit: tried a dab at 350F, 35watts, was faster hotter than I expected! Resistance on this coil is .507Ω Tubo value is still 185. Tried warm-up after to do cleaning mode thing? Went to 463F with while coil red hot, dono if that's good or correct, stopped it before it did it for more than a few seconds at least... I'm mostly just vaping herbs, but now used to bangers, pens, and convection dabs so this is an adjustment.

But this thing is cool n fun!
Thanks again @abracadaver!
Higher Resistance than 0.3 hmmm I think you should lower your TCR to 140

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

no, always use tcr 185!

Thank you! I will get more coils and swap eventually, for now this is working at least. What is the safe temperature for the cleaning mode though? using warm up it goes above 450 degrees and glows so bright red, makes me worried so I stop it right away...

Shit Snacks,

mephisto

I accidentally double tapped the fire button one day and the coil instantly went thermonuclear( as indicated by the scarring near the inlet). I would clean by using wattage and pulsing. Sending you some replacement coils bro!

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Thank you! I will get more coils and swap eventually, for now this is working at least. What is the safe temperature for the cleaning mode though? using warm up it goes above 450 degrees and glows so bright red, makes me worried so I stop it right away...
yes, its because its not configured as explained in the manual ;) you have to decrease coil resistance in menu>coils>manage at line TUBO until the coil only glows very faintly in the dark at 500f tempsetting. then let the coil cool down and start at 330F in cruise mode. the temperature reading is not correct with this configuration, but it lets you use the warmup mode to clean, since it will heat the coil almost to max temp (right when the coil starts glowing) to burn off any organic material.
350f on display is more like 400f in reality, depends on the locked ohms.

hope this helps!

Shit Snacks

yes, its because its not configured as explained in the manual ;) you have to decrease coil resistance in menu>coils>manage at line TUBO until the coil only glows very faintly in the dark at 500f tempsetting. then let the coil cool down and start at 330F in cruise mode. the temperature reading is not correct with this configuration, but it lets you use the warmup mode to clean, since it will heat the coil almost to max temp (right when the coil starts glowing) to burn off any organic material.
350f on display is more like 400f in reality, depends on the locked ohms.

hope this helps!

Well of course I didn't read the manual! :ko:

Haha thanks for the info! once I get set up with new coils I will configure everything properly, for now I'll just continue to wing it I suppose!

Shit Snacks,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
- set temp to 500f
- hold fire&+ to go to menu>coils>manage and decrease the number at line TUBO by 0.030
- fire at 500f and see if the coil glows. if it glows bright, further decrease like above. if it there is no glow at all, increase until you faintly see it in the dark.

easypeasy, lets do it! :D

Shit Snacks

- set temp to 500f
- hold fire&+ to go to menu>coils>manage and decrease the number at line TUBO by 0.030
- fire at 500f and see if the coil glows. if it glows bright, further decrease like above. if it there is no glow at all, increase until you faintly see it in the dark.

easypeasy, lets do it! :D

Thank you again! Just did it with this coil took down to .472 and I think I get that faint glow in the dark at 500F now... Simple enough! So I can safely cruise at say 350F for dabs like this?

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

sounds perfect. yes cruise on and hot drop something on there! :)

I'm at .479 now, hits are much lighter than before but much tastier. New coil will be best though I'm sure, this is fine for now. I do think I'll need to find a way to get some sort of glass dome carb cap thing made as well... Battery life's insane!

Shit Snacks,

Max3334

Hi everyone,

I’m a little late in getting the STRAW, but it caught my eye after I got my hands on the p80 tetra. I seen how effective and consistent the vaporizer is from lamart, that I had to get my hand on the straw I love the ideal of inexpensive replacement coils and the connection to any type of mod. I’m going to use the p80 with the tubo firmware Any suggests for usage wattage, temp control, when I get it, it’s still being packaged so I have time.

Max3334,

GoldenBud

Hi everyone,

I’m a little late in getting the STRAW, but it caught my eye after I got my hands on the p80 tetra. I seen how effective and consistent the vaporizer is from lamart, that I had to get my hand on the straw I love the ideal of inexpensive replacement coils and the connection to any type of mod. I’m going to use the p80 with the tubo firmware Any suggests for usage wattage, temp control, when I get it, it’s still being packaged so I have time.
TCR value 185
150-200 C temperature
50 watts

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom