• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

bestvaping

My OG is the original style, including the old MP, connecting steel etc.

My Jr has just one ring, also in the intake side like my OG. I purchased that in November of '21.

Thank you it's good to know, my OG and JR were bought in September 2021 in Europe on Vapefiend. The two bricks have no stainless steel ring.

Perhaps it is possible to identify the bricks for distributors (or buyers by asking the seller before) without unseal the package with a registered reference?

For example here are the references listed on the packages of my bricks (No date is registered, neither on the label nor in the instructions):

3xxh.png

Can someone who has the same wooden color and model with ring can check, If you still have the box, Do you get the same reference?

Yes I'm looking for a brick with a ring, I love conducting investigations :lol:
I did no know that they had removed the front magnet and replaced it with hole on the top. Neat!

Yes the tool can very well hold on this place without the magnet :p

oniu.png

coolbreeze

My OG is the original style, including the old MP, connecting steel etc. I did no know that they had removed the front magnet and replaced it with hole on the top. Neat!

My Jr has just one ring, also in the intake side like my OG. I purchased that in November of '21.
Seems like the Juniors pop up with them, they must still be out there.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Squidge

Butane powered
Thank you it's good to know, my OG and JR were bought in September 2021 in Europe on Vapefiend. The two bricks have no stainless steel ring.

Perhaps it is possible to identify the bricks for distributors (or buyers by asking the seller before) without unseal the package with a registered reference?

For example here are the references listed on the packages of my bricks (No date is registered, neither on the label nor in the instructions):

3xxh.png

Can someone who has the same wooden color and model with ring can check, If you still have the box, Do you get the same reference?

Yes I'm looking for a brick with a ring, I love conducting investigations :lol:

Yes the tool can very well hold on this place without the magnet :p

oniu.png
Both of mine were also purchased from Vapefiend. And I know the Maple was sourced from SB last year because I asked Vapefiend to restock the Maple as they were sold out.

Can't give you the code for the Walnut Jr (no ring) but the Maple (with ring) is "JR4200MA"

bestvaping

Thank you for checking, OK so the reference does not indicate this.

I will try to contact SBL on this subject, I am also waiting for a response from VGoodiEZ and their exclusive wooden brick of Sapele.

I will indicate the answers here if it interests.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Thank you for checking, OK so the reference does not indicate this.

I will try to contact SBL on this subject, I am also waiting for a response from VGoodiEZ and their exclusive wooden brick of Sapele.

I will indicate the answers here if it interests.
Got my black walnut fractal Jr for Christmas in 2020 direct from SBL ... no ring

20201230-163854-copy-1512x2016.jpg

bestvaping

Here is the information I obtained from SBL about the stainless steel ring and how to identify the bricks:

Hello,
We have removed the stainless tubing from all Bricks, so you have the newest version if they do not have the stainless. We have seen performance gains by removing that piece, and ergonomically work better also. There is no way to know if a retailer has older or newer stock, but all the stainless pieces were friction fit and easily removable if you happen to get an older model.
Thank you
Izzy
SBL

coolbreeze

Don't think they make these anymore, and I'm sure there can't be many left in the wild, Vapefiend still has Walnut and Cherry fractal Hydrobricks marked down. These are really super vapes! They also have VXL Hydrotubes in stock.

leanpubpackage

Don't think they make these anymore, and I'm sure there can't be many left in the wild, Vapefiend still has Walnut and Cherry fractal Hydrobricks marked down. These are really super vapes! They also have VXL Hydrotubes in stock.
Killer deal. My Maxx is probably the most fun vape that I own. When you torch it just right and get massive clouds from a short rip, it feels like driving a golf ball perfectly

coolbreeze

Killer deal. My Maxx is probably the most fun vape that I own. When you torch it just right and get massive clouds from a short rip, it feels like driving a golf ball perfectly
It's a great vape. With a hydratube it's a fantastic vape, and with a power source (Neo, 18mm injector) it's a desktop platform. It's really all you need for the desktop, but even better, you can build off of it and grow with it.

Smokey McVape

No doubt, and cherry will just get prettier with age (sorta like me). But it's an easy recommendation and I think you won't take long to see why!

But before you decide, you should see this:

and check out VapeLife X on youtube--his brick vids are a guiding light.
Just ordered my first Sticky Brick yesterday and watching this video confirms that I made a good choice with the Hydrobrick Maxx.
Vapcap is my daily driver but I wanted a pure convection desktop and this thing looks like it's a monster!
Edit - spelling.

Last edited:

leanpubpackage

Just ordered my first Sticky Brick yesterday and watching this video confirms that I made a good choice with the Hydrobrick Maxx.
Vapcap is my daily driver but I wanted a pure convection desktop and this thing looks like it's a monster!
Edit - spelling.
Very nice! I waited too long before getting one.

Be patient with it. Don’t be afraid to combust, as it’s part of initiation. Enjoy

Smokey McVape

I thought I was ready.
I thought I had vaping down.
I thought I could handle my flower.
I thought I wasn't a lightweight.
The Sticky Brick told me I was wrong!!!!!!

I have been vaping for 7 years now, started with an Arizer Solo, then a Mighty and then Dynavap became my daily driver and has remained so since 2018 because for its size it punches well above its weight. This is why I stopped trying other devices... until last night.

I loaded my brick with the same amount of flower as a full Vapcap, attached the hose to my empty bong, ignited my lighter and took my first ever full convection hit. It was delicious and a lot cooler than I expected so I immediately took another hit, then another and another.
The next 2 hours are a blur because I haven't been so caned in years!!!! It amazes me that the Sticky Brick gets even more out of my flower than the Dynavap!

After I recovered I called my friend Rob who is struggling to fuck combustion.
He has tried all of my previous vapes and didn't really like any of them but the Sticky Brick put him on his arse - literally. When he woke up on my couch this morning the first thing he did was order a Hydrobrick Maxx and a Runt!!!

I now have to find the money for a Jr and a Runt.
And probably a Flip and an OG.
The VAS is back and I love it!!!!

bestvaping

It's great that you enjoy your brick!

He has tried all of my previous vapes and didn't really like any of them but the Sticky Brick put him on his arse - literally. When he woke up on my couch this morning the first thing he did was order a Hydrobrick Maxx and a Runt!!!
If you want to stop combustion, Indeed I think the bricks are the best choices, In terms of gesture that amounts to smoking a pipe and nothing beats the heating by a flame (not like dynavap or you have to preheat) Here you have the impression of smoking .. everything is instantaneous and an unequaled flavor.

Welcome to the brick world :wave:

Personally I use my different bricks like that:

- OG exclusively for the evening because it strikes very hard
- Runt for the day with the sticky bubbler is so pleasant
- Jr for the day also or on the move

I would also like to get the other models :rofl:

They don't make the WPA anymore. I have one and it is kind of a pain to use so I rarely do:
PXL-20220323-184030012.png
Can you tell me how the hydro add-on is used for the OG?

What is the two magnets used for here?

1oi7.png

I imagine that it would be possible to transform an OG into Flip or Twist?

coolbreeze

Can you tell me how the hydro add-on is used for the OG?

What is the two magnets used for here?

1oi7.png

I imagine that it would be possible to transform an OG into Flip or Twist?
The hydra add-on joins with the SS tube and magnets there, where the arrows point, HOWEVER, it does not really fit the recent generations of bricks; they were built for the first generation or so and then abandoned for the hydrabrick. I found one of the last ones in the wild, and the fit is off in a couple ways: first, the hole is higher in the newer bricks so when joined, the add-on doesn't sit flush on the tabletop; and two, the magnets are also placed slightly differently so that the add-on swivels as one magnet reaches for its mate, and then the other does, etc.

Upshot, I don't think you could use it that way, or rather, you might be able to, technically speaking, but it would be such a hairy experience that other solutions...rise above. Unfortunately. I really wanted it to work. : (
I thought I was ready.
I thought I had vaping down.
I thought I could handle my flower.
I thought I wasn't a lightweight.

I have been vaping for 7 years now, started with an Arizer Solo, then a Mighty and then Dynavap became my daily driver and has remained so since 2018 because for its size it punches well above its weight. This is why I stopped trying other devices... until last night.

I loaded my brick with the same amount of flower as a full Vapcap, attached the hose to my empty bong, ignited my lighter and took my first ever full convection hit. It was delicious and a lot cooler than I expected so I immediately took another hit, then another and another.
The next 2 hours are a blur because I haven't been so caned in years!!!! It amazes me that the Sticky Brick gets even more out of my flower than the Dynavap!

Awesome! Sounds fun as hell. I think you got excellent results for a first time, no struggles at all!

Not that I would steer you away from SBL because they really are all that, but check out some of the other mfrs too--Dreamwood, Dynabox, Doug's, O'Connell, Retrosteam, Couch Log Steamwhistle, Lamart. The OWW Micro, Doug's Nova, and Dreamwood Dobbies are great pocket vapes and the others make awesome little vape-on-glass bong toppers that are pure joy.

Smokey McVape

Awesome! Sounds fun as hell. I think you got excellent results for a first time, no struggles at all!

Not that I would steer you away from SBL because they really are all that, but check out some of the other mfrs too--Dreamwood, Dynabox, Doug's, O'Connell, Retrosteam, Couch Log Steamwhistle, Lamart. The OWW Micro, Doug's Nova, and Dreamwood Dobbies are great pocket vapes and the others make awesome little vape-on-glass bong toppers that are pure joy.
The restrictor disc definitely helped but damn the brick hits like a truck.
I have seen other brick type vapes but living in the UK limits what is available somewhat and I find I am quoted exorbitant shipping prices from your side of the pond. I can see a Runt or Junior in my future sooner rather than later as Vapefiend UK have 20% off at the moment.

bestvaping

The hydra add-on joins with the SS tube and magnets there, where the arrows point, HOWEVER, it does not really fit the recent generations of bricks; they were built for the first generation or so and then abandoned for the hydrabrick. I found one of the last ones in the wild, and the fit is off in a couple ways: first, the hole is higher in the newer bricks so when joined, the add-on doesn't sit flush on the tabletop; and two, the magnets are also placed slightly differently so that the add-on swivels as one magnet reaches for its mate, and then the other does, etc.

Upshot, I don't think you could use it that way, or rather, you might be able to, technically speaking, but it would be such a hairy experience that other solutions...rise above. Unfortunately. I really wanted it to work. : (

Thank you very much for the explanation, So with the hydro add-on we get a big 'Flip Brick' I understood well? Could you post a picture?

I know that this is no longer in stock, I just ask myself the question of how it works, I will contact a craftsman to make a custom wood part, I will just have to buy the glass stem and O-ring from SBL.

I think of a '2 in 1' part, which would get a flip but also a twist (In case of transformation into flip, the upper part would be closed by a simple cork cap, and in the opposite case the hole on the side would be blocked) or I would do two distinct parts, I do not know yet ..

bestvaping,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Thank you very much for the explanation, So with the hydro add-on we get a big 'Flip Brick' I understood well? Could you post a picture?

I know that this is no longer in stock, I just ask myself the question of how it works, I will contact a craftsman to make a custom wood part, I will just have to buy the glass stem and O-ring from SBL.

I think of a '2 in 1' part, which would get a flip but also a twist (In case of transformation into flip, the upper part would be closed by a simple cork cap, and in the opposite case the hole on the side would be blocked) or I would do two distinct parts, I do not know yet ..
The OG WPA is pretty awkward. It doesn't really work "flipped" due to the polarity of the magnets. I wouldn't trust it on top of a glass piece.

Here's a photo with my hydratube knock off:
PXL-20230301-173153308.jpg

coolbreeze

IMG-3925.jpg
IMG-3924.jpg

Ok, that is held together exclusively by the tube in these pics. You can see that the magnets are out of the game.

Here are some more pics showing the workings and the shortfall.
The block itself:
IMG-3921.jpg

Side-by-side with the OG brick pieces showing the misalignments:
IMG-3920.jpg

THis is what it looks like joined--you can see how it twists for the magnets trying to reach each other:
IMG-3922.jpg

THis shows the block lifted and twisted:
IMG-3923.jpg

Now, without the SS tube joining the blocks and just the magnets hold, you get better alignment for the magnets, but the hole gets partially eclipsed (you could still draw through it, however), but the brick is not terribly well-supported, and it is still unevenly aligned at the bottom.
IMG-3926.jpg

Yeah, you can still get the ss tube and o-rings, I believe, from SBL. Use that, or the magnets will have to be even stronger--it's more weight to support than the Flip. But yes, it looks like you could have one built with the proper alignments and it should work great.

If you do, ask the guy to make a few more: i for one would love to have a working one to play with!

Wait, I'm not sure I understand, but this sounds cool--could you explain again what you're thinking here?

bestvaping

Thank you all for the pictures :love:

So the hydro add-on was designed to 'The Brick (original)' and not for the current OG.

I thought that with the add-on we get a flip brick (I better understand the term hydro) :lol:

It's too bad that SBL not continue the add-on for the bricks, It was rather interesting as a transformation.

Wait, I'm not sure I understand, but this sounds cool--could you explain again what you're thinking here?
This is only an idea at the moment but I plan to do some 2D/3D modeling soon to explain this, it is complicated to explain this orally (especially in a foreign language), If I think the idea is viable I will offer it to SBL in person to hear what he thinks and if he can do it (Otherwise do not worry I will share here the manufacturing files). Maybe it could even be 3 in 1 (Flip/Twist/Injector :p). Perhaps even 4 in 1 by adding the hydro. It would be an interesting adapter to work the brick. Ok I'm traveling far away!

coolbreeze

Thank you all for the pictures :love:
Sure thing!
So the hydro add-on was designed to 'The Brick (original)' and not for the current OG.
Yeah, the little modifications over the years renders it sort unworkable, but man, as in @Grass Yes's case, it looks so sweet when it fits. I think you can see, however, that the glass joint is pretty close to the heater section, so a hydrotube with a wider base may not fit. I think that distance is increased a bit with the Hydrabrick. Just something to mind when you're drawing up your plans.
I thought that with the add-on we get a flip brick (I better understand the term hydro) :lol:
Well, we do...if you're brave enough! ; ) But I suppose it could be possible to actually place everything so that it WOULD work like a Flip, too.

It's too bad that SBL not continue the add-on for the bricks, It was rather interesting as a transformation.
I agree. I think it's a really cool idea. But I can see how having to keep adjusting it while they perfected the OG must have been a pain for them, and really, the hydrabricks are so sweet that it's hard to feel too badly over it. Still, i am here for your giant Flip Brick!

This is only an idea at the moment but I plan to do some 2D/3D modeling soon to explain this, it is complicated to explain this orally (especially in a foreign language), If I think the idea is viable I will offer it to SBL in person to hear what he thinks and if he can do it (Otherwise do not worry I will share here the manufacturing files). Maybe it could even be 3 in 1 (Flip/Twist/Injector :p). Perhaps even 4 in 1 by adding the hydro. It would be an interesting adapter to work the brick.
Can't wait to see what you're cookin' up!

Ok I'm traveling far away!
Your digressions are a worthy trip, I hope you have your towel...
hitchhikers-guide-dont-panic-thumb-decal-sticker_1024x1024.jpg

and your brick!

Top Bottom