Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

coolbreeze

Should have checked the website first, it explicitly states which models the straight intake works on:

“Replacement Simax borosilicate glass flame intake for OG Brick, HydroBrick, and Maxx (also works with the Flip, Runt, and Junior w/o cap).”

I ordered one from VGoodiez who is having a spring sale right now, and because of that spring sale somehow a SB Flip landed in my cart too…
Ya gotta watch that! : D

What wood's the Flip?

coolbreeze,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Ya gotta watch that! : D

What wood's the Flip?
Walnut, I love that shade of brown.

And really I got the Flip because I just watched the Sticky Brick Zoom sesh on Troy’s site and someone mentioned specifically how good the Flip is with a J-hook, and by coincidence I had also just recently ordered a new J-hook so I had to have a SB to use with it!

RedZep

And really I got the Flip because I just watched the Sticky Brick Zoom sesh on Troy’s site and someone mentioned specifically how good the Flip is with a J-hook, and by coincidence I had also just recently ordered a new J-hook so I had to have a SB to use with it!
Walnut is the safest wood in terms of potential allergies also, which is a potential factor with this style of vapes.

coolbreeze

Ah, nice! That's gonna be really pretty I bet. Flip on a J-hook sounds awesome as well. A little ashcatcher in between will add a bit of cooling and moisture with no flavor loss, fwiw. ; )

Edit: damn, talked myself right into that...got my afternoon plan!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Ah, nice! That's gonna be really pretty I bet. Flip on a J-hook sounds awesome as well. A little ashcatcher in between will add a bit of cooling and moisture with no flavor loss, fwiw. ; )

Edit: damn, talked myself right into that...got my afternoon plan!
Good idea on the ash catcher! I was considering grabbing one of these dry herb catchers from Sneaky Pete since I'm not overly concerned with ash specifically: https://www.sneakypetestore.com/col...ducts/dry-herb-catcher?variant=40214368976977

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Might go local for an ash catcher, we have some nice glass shops here in Portland.

It occurred to me that the Divine Tribe Hubble Bubble would be the perfect way to run the Flip handheld but still have water cooling. I used to have one but left water in it too long without cleaning and it gunked up so bad I had to junk it, but I have another on the way for this (also works a treat with my DV WonG and my Timber using an 18mm/14mm WPA).

Between that for water vaping and the J-hook for dry vaping, I’m questioning whether I need the Runt at all. I know all the SBs hit a little differently and lots of people have multiple bricks, but I try to be economical with my vapes and not have lots of duplicates Heck, I think having three DV’s is excessive but each has their own specific use case, and the cost of an individual vapcap model is a good amount less than a Sticky Brick. I’m debating sending back the Runt unopened to Vgoodiez for a refund (no refunds or exchanges if I choose to try it) because it really seems like the Flip is the more versatile option.

I could also try both and sell the one I prefer less, but the refund would net me the most back. The Runt arrives first and even after the Flip arrives I need to wait for the J-hook and Hubble Bubble to arrive so I may not have the willpower to hold off, but we’ll see. I could also pick up a spare J-hook when I get the ash catcher locally which would make it available to use right when I get the Flip.

Monk Debate,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Goo Too Glass is in Portland! Might be overkill for your ash catcher, but I know they have a lot in their shop that isn't featured on their website:
https://www.goorooglass.com/store/p75/Goo_Roo_Ashcatcher_.html

I don't have any opinion on keeping your Runt vs. returning it. I have a few different bricks and I like them all.
Haven’t heard of them before! Looks like they’re about an hour away from me. I may have to hop over there and check them out.

As for the Runt, it’s a tough decision. I wish I could try it and still have the option to return, but I understand why that’s not possible. It just seems like the Flip with both J-hook and bubbler options really covers all the bases I could want.

RedZep

I've had a B0 for a week now. I have the ever popular twin matrix stereo bong with a glass injection bowl. But I have to say I enjoy using it on my sticky Brick Runt much much more.

I can vape on lower temps, but still clear the bowl as the heater is so close to the herb. It also cools more that it has any right to (maybe because of 3 right angles in the vapor path. I can vape at 666 comfortably. Have not even tried to go higher.

The bowl is also so accessible compared to injection bowls. Easier to load, tamp, stir and brush.

Also benefit from the shotgun hole to clear at the end of the hit.

Also benefit from having the stir tool right there in the sticky brick.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Has anyone found a good dosing capsule that isn’t potentially hazardous? I know the S&B ones are not recommended.

leanpubpackage

Willpower won out, I decided to request a return on the Runt.
I haven’t tried a runt but I did not enjoy my flip nearly as much as my MAXX. It’s much easier to hotspot and combust. Also, from a user experience, there’s something to be said about hitting and putting it right down as a unit. Always found it annoying to have to take it apart before setting it down, when using the flip with a j hook

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I haven’t tried a runt but I did not enjoy my flip nearly as much as my MAXX. It’s much easier to hotspot and combust. Also, from a user experience, there’s something to be said about hitting and putting it right down as a unit. Always found it annoying to have to take it apart before setting it down, when using the flip with a j hook
The package arrived from Vgoodiez and while I can’t interact with it until tonight, I can feel my willpower weakening and my VAS increasing…also a lot of my Flip accessories won’t arrive for a while so it might be a bit before I can make full use of it.

Thank you for your perspective, that gave me the last nudge I needed to say to hell with it and keep the Runt for now. If I end up finding all I need is the Flip I can always resell the Runt in the classifieds here.

Monk Debate,

leanpubpackage

The package arrived from Vgoodiez and while I can’t interact with it until tonight, I can feel my willpower weakening and my VAS increasing…also a lot of my Flip accessories won’t arrive for a while so it might be a bit before I can make full use of it.

Thank you for your perspective, that gave me the last nudge I needed to say to hell with it and keep the Runt for now. If I end up finding all I need is the Flip I can always resell the Runt in the classifieds here.
Keep us posted! Curious to hear your thoughts as you get to know them

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
i8v1z9.jpg

h7j9s7.jpg

Wow. All I can say is wow. I've been vaping since the original Pax, have tried all kinds of different vapes out there (except for ball vapes for now), and this is absolutely the easiest, best, most satisfying vaping session I've ever had.

Before anything else, look at this beauty! Paudak and she practically shines.

For context, I am a very light user. I have a bowl here and there a few nights every month. And when I do a session, it's one bowl. One Dynavap bowl, or a Timber Elite bowl, or if I want absolute convenience, a Fury 2 bowl.

Tonight's session was three bowls and I would have gone for more except I wanted to be able to stay upright.

The first bowl I used the restrictor disc and carb cork, got very little and very wispy vapor. The first hit was among the most flavorful I've ever had, and everything after that was tasteless and not intense. I was confused until I remembered the restrictor disc was in. I initially intended to leave the disc in for a few days or even weeks if I felt I needed to slowly ramp up on the Runt. After that first bowl I knew I had to take the plunge and go disc-less. I did keep the cork in for all three bowls.

The second bowl was everything I wanted from a vaporizer. Immediately on taking the first hit I knew taking out the restrictor was the right call, because I got that telltale "whoosh" and was able to much better judge the heat coming to the back of my throat. The taste was out of this world good. I found the second and third bowls both had the same pattern of how the hits went.

First hit, minimum vapor, maximum flavor. Next level, connoisseur level taste. Second hit, maximum vapor, and a little taste but most of the terpenes are blasted off in that first hit. Third and fourth hits, decent amount of vapor but not quite to the amount on the second hit, and a pleasant woody/fresh grass flavor. Goes from green to yellow with some specks of green on the first hit, from yellow to light brown on the second hit, dark brown on the third, fully roasted on the fourth.

I did the third bowl to cement the technique. Without the restrictor disc, it felt so intuitive, so primal, so right. The vapor was surprisingly smooth given the relatively short heat path and direct heat source. Honestly some of the smoothest vapor I've ever had from any device. I almost always prefer to vape through water but this really doesn't need water at all. The only downside in comparison to water vaping is that my throat felt dryer after three bowls.

The high is a perfect convection high--slow ramp up and mellow but consistent without knocking me so out of it that I can't function.

My Timber Elite is a 510 stem style convection vape, and was up to this point the best vaping device I had owned. The Sticky Brick is in a different league to me. Quite honestly, direct butane vaping like this has made all my battery vapes seems boring in comparison. The only other butane vapes I have are the Dynavaps, and they still pack the most direct punch of all my vapes, but the overall experience, technique, and je ne se quoi of the Sticky Brick is simply above and beyond.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

i8v1z9.jpg

h7j9s7.jpg

Wow. All I can say is wow. I've been vaping since the original Pax, have tried all kinds of different vapes out there (except for ball vapes for now), and this is absolutely the easiest, best, most satisfying vaping session I've ever had.

For context, I am a very light user. I have a bowl here and there a few nights every month. And when I do a session, it's one bowl. One Dynavap bowl, or a Timber Elite bowl, or if I want absolute convenience, a Fury 2 bowl.

Tonight's session was three bowls and I would have gone for more except I wanted to be able to stay upright.

The first bowl I used the restrictor disc and carb cork, got very little and very wispy vapor. The first hit was among the most flavorful I've ever had, and everything after that was tasteless and not intense. I was confused until I remembered the restrictor disc was in. I initially intended to leave the disc in for a few days or even weeks if I felt I needed to slowly ramp up on the Runt. After that first bowl I knew I had to take the plunge and go disc-less. I did keep the cork in for all three bowls.

The second bowl was everything I wanted from a vaporizer. Immediately on taking the first hit I knew taking out the restrictor was the right call, because I got that telltale "whoosh" and was able to much better judge the heat coming to the back of my throat. The taste was out of this world good. I found the second and third bowls both had the same pattern of how the hits were.

First hit, minimum vapor, maximum flavor. Next level, connoisseur level taste. Second hit, maximum vapor, and a little taste but most of the terpenes are blasted off in that first hit. Third and fourth bowls, decent amount of vapor but not quite to the amount on the second hit, and a pleasant woody/fresh grass flavor. Goes from green to yellow with some specks of green on the first bowl, from yellow to light brown on the second bowl, dark brown on the third, fully roasted on the fourth.

I did the third bowl to cement the technique. Without the restrictor disc, it felt so intuitive, so primal, so right. The vapor was surprisingly smooth given the relatively short heat path and direct heat source. Honestly some of the smoothest vapor I've ever had from any device. I almost always prefer to vape through water but this really doesn't need water at all. The only downside in comparison to water vaping is that my throat felt dryer after three bowls.

The high is a perfect convection high--slow ramp up and mellow but consistent without knocking me so out of it that I can't function.

My Timber Elite is a 510 stem style convection vape, and was up to this point the best vaping device I had owned. The Sticky Brick is in a different league to me. Quite honestly, direct butane vaping like this has made all my battery vapes seems boring in comparison. The only other butane vapes I have are the Dynavaps, and they still pack the most direct punch of all my vapes, but the overall experience, technique, and je ne se quoi of the Sticky Brick is simply above and beyond.
Very well put. Glad you are enjoying it. They really are wonderful vapes, the bricks.

leanpubpackage

i8v1z9.jpg

h7j9s7.jpg

The second bowl was everything I wanted from a vaporizer. Immediately on taking the first hit I knew taking out the restrictor was the right call, because I got that telltale "whoosh" and was able to much better judge the heat coming to the back of my throat. The taste was out of this world good. I found the second and third bowls both had the same pattern of how the hits went.

First hit, minimum vapor, maximum flavor. Next level, connoisseur level taste. Second hit, maximum vapor, and a little taste but most of the terpenes are blasted off in that first hit. Third and fourth hits, decent amount of vapor but not quite to the amount on the second hit, and a pleasant woody/fresh grass flavor. Goes from green to yellow with some specks of green on the first hit, from yellow to light brown on the second hit, dark brown on the third, fully roasted on the fourth.

Beautiful brick you got there. Happy to hear that you’re enjoying it. I also noticed that the bricks are much more forgiving dry…maybe because of some water byproduct helping to hydrate the vapor

vinsvapes

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I picked up one of these Tetra titanium heating components from Etsy and I have to say, its amazing. I use it on my Sticky Brick Maxx and I have never combusted my herb with it and I have been getting pretty heavy handed with the torch lately! On demand vapor without any chance of combustion.
il_1140xN.4040452718_hhvk.jpg

Smokey McVape

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I picked up one of these Tetra titanium heating components from Etsy and I have to say, its amazing. I use it on my Sticky Brick Maxx and I have never combusted my herb with it and I have been getting pretty heavy handed with the torch lately! On demand vapor without any chance of combustion.
Do you have a link please?

Smokey McVape,
Reactions: coolbreeze

leanpubpackage

Very cool! Do you have to create a circling motion with the flame? Or you just point down the center? Is it instant like it is with the regular intake?

leanpubpackage,
Reactions: coolbreeze

vinsvapes

Very cool! Do you have to create a circling motion with the flame? Or you just point down the center? Is it instant like it is with the regular intake?
No circles, you just point the torch flame directly down at the cover, inhale and you have vapor. The first pull is usually low temp due to it heating up but there is some really good flavor there. The second pull is glass filling vapor, along with the third, fourth and fifth, lol!!!

Top Bottom