Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I tend to see flecks like that gather in the area where the restrictor plate would be; can’t say I recall them flowing all the way back to the intake tube but given the right pressures it’s plausible.

coolbreeze

This Punch is probably about the size of a Jr, placing the glass similarly close to the bowl; this is after maybe a dozen uses, same grind as yours. While there's plant solids closer to the bowl, most of what you see looks more like tiny oil globs to me. It all tapers right off before you get to the mouth end.
IMG-3440.jpg

coolbreeze,
Reactions: RedZep

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I have had this happen with... the hydrobrick when a bong has bad blowback.
Me too, alas, but I put it down to
- my removal of the restrictor disk
- scorching my material as I was getting the hang of it
- weird pressure changes in an oversized water piece with water in it.

FWIW it's not happened since I put the restrictor disk back in (and gave that particular glass piece away)

Perfect_Speed4069,

RedZep

Ok I've figured it out (with all your help)

When I was raising the device to my face.for use, I was slowly exhaling to empty my lungs, before the device was at my lips.

I just did it and actually saw debris fly out the bowl into the intake.

I only figured it out once people told me it's possible. Thanks everyone.

I just cached out a 0.25 bowl in one hit and I'm shaking my head at this thing. Amazing vape.

bestvaping

Someone here uses a Prrl Labs Neo and Terp Surfer (with a Quartz Herb Capsule) and who has a sticky brick?

I wonder if the small quartz capsule could fit into the herb chamber of a sticky? Could that offer an interesting experience?

https://www.prrllabs.com/products/quartz-herb-capsule

The only negative point of the bricks for my part being the change of screens regularly, this could be something more sustainable?

Do you think of other solution?

bestvaping,

coolbreeze

Someone here uses a Prrl Labs Neo and Terp Surfer (with a Quartz Herb Capsule) and who has a sticky brick?

I wonder if the small quartz capsule could fit into the herb chamber of a sticky? Could that offer an interesting experience?

https://www.prrllabs.com/products/quartz-herb-capsule

The only negative point of the bricks for my part being the change of screens regularly, this could be something more sustainable?

Do you think of other solution?
It doesn't quite fit into the herb chamber itself but it would conceivably fit in the space above it with a slightly fatter o-ring (and it would probably work best with the Hydrobrick's oven). The glass capsule's holes are on the bottom, so a proper fit in the chamber would likely block some/most of those anyhow.

RedZep

I'm back with another weird fear, and I need you all to convince me I'm being silly.

The MP glass is getting dirty, but the substance looks clear.

I applied beeswax to the wood before use. I didn't put any in the bowl but I waxed around the intake hole above the bowl.

In this picture you can see a ring around the intake. Is this an indicator that I've been vaping beeswax? I thought it would be safe to wax that part of the device.

Please be brutally honest. If I messed up, I would rather throw it away and buy another as it's not too expensive. Don't want to inhale wax as I imagine that's not good.

coolbreeze

I'm back with another weird fear, and I need you all to convince me I'm being silly.

The MP glass is getting dirty, but the substance looks clear.

I applied beeswax to the wood before use. I didn't put any in the bowl but I waxed around the intake hole above the bowl.

In this picture you can see a ring around the intake. Is this an indicator that I've been vaping beeswax? I thought it would be safe to wax that part of the device.

Please be brutally honest. If I messed up, I would rather throw it away and buy another as it's not too expensive. Don't want to inhale wax as I imagine that's not good.

I'm sure it's fine. I usually don't oil that particular surface but I have done it and I haven't had any problem. That does look like some may have baked away/dried up, but I would think you'd taste/smell it if there was enough released to be a problem. I'm not sure I'd associate the stuff on the glass with this ring necessarily. I would rub some off the glass and smell/taste it.

Also, fwiw, people have been lighting their homes with beeswax candles for centuries and breathing that in and as you can see, the human race is...well, ok, bad example. ; )

RedZep

I'm sure it's fine. I usually don't oil that particular surface but I have done it and I haven't had any problem. That does look like some may have baked away/dried up, but I would think you'd taste/smell it if there was enough released to be a problem. I'm not sure I'd associate the stuff on the glass with this ring necessarily. I would rub some off the glass and smell/taste it.

Also, fwiw, people have been lighting their homes with beeswax candles for centuries and breathing that in and as you can see, the human race is...well, ok, bad example. ; )
Good point. I guess it won't kill me even if my fears are true. I imagine it will all dissolve away at some point, and I just won't wax that area.

I'm glad because I love the wood patterns I got. The God of Walnut variability was smiling down on me when I ordered it.

Agree with mankind. My country is trying it's best to collapse and here is me worried about beeswax.

RedZep,
Reactions: vapirtoo

RedZep

Yeah, this would be my approach. It should be good. So glad you're enjoying it, they are awesome!
I adore it. I've had problems with my jaw this year. Worse than previously. I even had to sell TM2 which I loved as it required a constant active mouth position.

The SB has zero restriction and I can just place my lips onto the flared MP in a natural position and breathe. I bought it for this reason hoping it would work and it did.

I didn't expect it to be such a beast. I had a single 0.3 bowl last Saturday morning, and I didn't touch a vape for the rest of the day. I was blasted. 10 seconds is all it took.

Now I'm looking into which portable brick vape to get. So far OWW Micro Is my favourite. I believe it was you who showed me how you can use it without touching the MP. I love that design. I find the SB Junior to be a bit clunky and big for the kind of portable use I'm thinking off. I want something in my pocket I can pull out and have a sneaky bowl during a hike, or walk through a nature park when no one is looking.

coolbreeze

I didn't expect it to be such a beast. I had a single 0.3 bowl last Saturday morning, and I didn't touch a vape for the rest of the day. I was blasted. 10 seconds is all it took.
Some folks view them as weedeaters, but not necessarily so; a screen load will lift you nicely. I love the DLX One and Lamart Piro for small doses, too. The bong-topper models are really among the funnest of any vapes.
Now I'm looking into which portable brick vape to get. So far OWW Micro Is my favourite. I believe it was you who showed me how you can use it without touching the MP. I love that design. I find the SB Junior to be a bit clunky and big for the kind of portable use I'm thinking off. I want something in my pocket I can pull out and have a sneaky bowl during a hike, or walk through a nature park when no one is looking.
Love the v3 Micro: you can load, heat, toke, stir, and then pack away while you walk, it's so easy to use. I also have a Dreamwood Dobby (well, it's really a Double-Punch) that is also a wonderful pocket brick, though the mouthpiece does not have a guard. I believe it can be inserted backwards, though:
https://greendream.shop/en/c/vapori...r/dobby-the-portable-butane-powered-vaporizer

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I adore it. I've had problems with my jaw this year. Worse than previously. I even had to sell TM2 which I loved as it required a constant active mouth position.

The SB has zero restriction and I can just place my lips onto the flared MP in a natural position and breathe. I bought it for this reason hoping it would work and it did.
I don't know exactly what causes your jaw pain, but GVB sells flared MPs for the TM.
So far OWW Micro Is my favourite. I believe it was you who showed me how you can use it without touching the MP. I love that design.
You probably know, but the microV3 does not have that style of MP. It's straight, probably partly to accommodate the stir tool. The Triihouse Lily does have a flared MP.

johnnyCanuck

just curious. what kind of TMJ problems are you experiencing?

johnnyCanuck,

RedZep

I don't know exactly what causes your jaw pain, but GVB sells flared MPs for the TM.

You probably know, but the microV3 does not have that style of MP. It's straight, probably partly to accommodate the stir tool. The Triihouse Lily does have a flared MP.
Thanks so much for the recommendations. I'll have a look.

just curious. what kind of TMJ problems are you experiencing?
I've had the condition for about 6 years. When it's had it's constant pain in jaw, temples. It's also caused me to have hyperacusis, which is a hypersensitivity to noise. Basically sounds hurt me when sensitivity is bad. I can't go to loud bars or cinemas.

When it's good I can use any vape but it's been really bad for several months and it's making me see my vape.collectipn differently. I would rather have a rotation that had no potential triggers.

bestvaping

Oh the cap of a S&B dosing capsule works perfectly as a screen, and does not prevent stir ... it works and it's too great :clap:

0g39.png

The ideal would be to add a second screen to the hole in the mouthpiece. This may be interesting if you miss screen or to change them less often (also more easily cleaned).

I would like to try the glass screen: https://nyvapeshop.com/glass-screens-for-all-vaporizers/

I finally managed to get a Lubinski and Blazer torch :D

n4te.png

The two works perfectly with the bricks, I was afraid that the Blazer will be too strong, it is not the case, In fact I even get a smaller flame with the Blazer than the Lubinski 🙃

The manipulation is really nice, I only regret that there is not a small gas indication window.

The next torch that I will buy would be a Serpent Vertigo 😁

Skropi

Hello there guys.

I got into vaping with a V3 pro, then promptly got a dynavap 21m, which totally replaced the V3, and after some consideration, I also got a Sticky Brick Runt, which put both my other vapes on the self. I adore this little, wooden vape.
There is something weird I did notice though. I was filling the bowl with about 0.2 grams of weed, and I was getting very good effects. Then I thought about trying to microdose, so I used barely enough weed to cover the screen. Apart from a change in technique, which is normal, as the weed sits lower, so it doesnt vape as fast, I noticed that I actually get higher when I use less quantity.... How is that possible? Anyone else noticed anything similar?
The only difference is that I get more tokes per gram, when I use less, as I dont use a stronger flame. Maybe that helps extract more, or is it my imagination?

bestvaping

How is that possible? Anyone else noticed anything similar?

I tried to microdose with the brick and I did not notice anything more (Apart from a much shorter session and a different flame adjustment). I will not be able to explain what is happening to you but is it rather a good thing for you? Was it the first session of the day? Personally if I have to microdose I take my dynavaps who are perfect for that But I use it very little.

I recently obtained an Old Head Measuring Spoon, This small tool is very good for adding the same quantity to each session but also to tamp the bowls. You are sure to create the best vaporization condition as well.

To give you an idea of a filling with a spoonful with a Runt:

4sys.gif

Just stir and stamped from time to time :clap:
(I never fill the bowl completely)

Flow

I noticed that I actually get higher when I use less quantity.... How is that possible? Anyone else noticed anything similar?
Often said on this forum : "Less is More" ;)
What's going on ? My guess is as follow :
Less botanicals, less draw resistance, so you get more airflow through your bowl, and air is cooler.
You extract slower i guess, so it's a slower but plain extraction.

I noticed that with my OG too ;)
AND, i noticed it although with my SSV... A rimed basket in a 14 stem is extracted SLOWER than a rimed basket in a 19 stem... but airflow in the 14 rimmed seems to be faster than in the 19... here again less is more ! ;)

@bestvaping Nice usefull tool !!!
I tamp my bowl with my little finger, but "always the same one" ^^ (i go for "muscular memory" instead of a tool ;) )
Micro-dosing with OG is not that easy, i too go with my dynas, screen on the "half bowl" position...

Happy brick vaping all !

bestvaping

"Less is More" ;)
I have already read that somewhere :D Personally I vaporize all day and I do not notice any notable difference :p Perhaps if I vaporize less I would be surprised?

I noticed that with my OG too ;)
Oh I agree .. With the OG you will travel very far :lol:

I tamp my bowl with my little finger, but "always the same one" ^^ (i go for "muscular memory" instead of a tool ;) )
Yes I understand your point of view (and the tool is expensive) but I precisely buy it for the measuring spoon, So I always keep the same adjustment and intake heating method and the tool for stamp is really practical also :nod:

Another solution and the tool of The Rogue Wax Works VT01 stir & stamp tool:

74ua.png

Good vape also :)

RedZep

I'm finding often I get an amazing first hit. Then I look in the bowl and it's almost done, but does not look fully roasted as I would normally get in another vape.

So I hit it again with greater effort, but I don't get much vapour at all, even though it's a dark roasted colour. Just doesn't seem worth it.

Is it something about Sticky Brick where the weed is extracted before it looks fully extracted? Hope this makes sense.

coolbreeze

I'm finding often I get an amazing first hit. Then I look in the bowl and it's almost done, but does not look fully roasted as I would normally get in another vape.

So I hit it again with greater effort, but I don't get much vapour at all, even though it's a dark roasted colour. Just doesn't seem worth it.

Is it something about Sticky Brick where the weed is extracted before it looks fully extracted? Hope this makes sense.
It probably depends on your criteria and your technique. I pack a smallish bowl and get several hits including some lungbusters, and my herbs often end up dark brown and fully roasted.

How big do you pack? Do you stir? are you getting good production usually? How heavy is your grind?

There's a bunch of factors at play, but my first suggestion if you're not doing so is to stir. You would be surprised at how much is left after a stir. Stir and stir again to convince yourself you're done!

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: Grass Yes

RedZep

It probably depends on your criteria and your technique. I pack a smallish bowl and get several hits including some lungbusters, and my herbs often end up dark brown and fully roasted.

How big do you pack? Do you stir? are you getting good production usually? How heavy is your grind?

There's a bunch of factors at play, but my first suggestion if you're not doing so is to stir. You would be surprised at how much is left after a stir. Stir and stir again to convince yourself you're done!
I see. I'm stiring. I think it's possible I'm not maintaining an appropriate second heat intensity. So it ends up browning off in the bowl but not producing much vapour. I use medium grind. I'll keep experimenting.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I see. I'm stiring. I think it's possible I'm not maintaining an appropriate second heat intensity. So it ends up browning off in the bowl but not producing much vapour. I use medium grind. I'll keep experimenting.
I also don't think the color of the duff is a good indicator or extraction. I judge based on the flavor and vapor produced, like you mentioned in an earlier message.

coolbreeze

It'll come. After awhile it becomes second-nature enough that you sorta 'forget' how or why it can be a challenge initially to some degree.

Edit: color's a guide, not a goal. ; )

Last edited:
Top Bottom