Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
What is the benefit of this? Extra cooling for the DV I guess? I suppose if you wanted to micro dose this might be more effective than putting a thin layer of herb on the SB screen. But you lose a lot of convection heating to conduction with a DV.

Meanwhile I'm now having an issue with my Runt where it's combusting within seconds. I haven't changed my torch or my technique. I have no clue what would be causing this. Anyone experience this?
Make sure your air paths and holes aren’t blocked and the screen is clean. After that it’s all technique.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Make sure your air paths and holes aren’t blocked and the screen is clean. After that it’s all technique.
So I did have the carb cork in, took that out and was able to greatly reduce the charring. However I was still getting some amount of combustion, not sure if this was because of the screen or my technique. Speaking of the screens, SBL really needs to come up with some kind of screen removal tool to include with the accessories. Trying to get those out is extremely frustrating.

Cage

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/988751293171041416/

Has a small rubber to help seal. The length of the stem seems to help, i really like it, iv tried balls, screens and others things that i usually liked less, but the plenty stem with a small rubber to help seal made me hang up my og brick completely for a year+ now xD (other bonus is the stem locks my stir stick in place, and keeps the stem from spinning around at the same time)

Smokey McVape

I love the look of the original OG bricks with the hole in the middle.
Has anyone here tried to modify an OG by drilling a hole in it? If so, how did it work out as I'm thinking of trying it when mine arrives.

Smokey McVape,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I love the look of the original OG bricks with the hole in the middle.
Has anyone here tried to modify an OG by drilling a hole in it? If so, how did it work out as I'm thinking of trying it when mine arrives.
I suspect that hole was drilled before the wood was cut into 3 pieces. I wouldn't cut a hole in a new OG myself, mostly because I would worry about screwing up the finish, etc. There are OG OGs to be found out in the world. They pop up here and on EntExchange from time to time.

There are a few other changes. For example I really like the old OG mouthpiece. It's pretty unique and fun.

coolbreeze

I really like the old OG mouthpiece. It's pretty unique and fun.
Just don't go too OG. Unique, yes; fun? well...
daisy-vaporizer-triihouse2.jpg

coolbreeze

I'd love to get me a Daisy. My Lily is one of my favorites. Although I am dubious of that wood MP.
I'd love one, too. I have a Waldo with the mouthpiece and I get it out every once in awhile, but...it's an acquired taste, apparently. If I remember correctly, he felt that it replicated an open-jaw type hit he associated with larger tube bongs; I think he believed it engaged the diaphragm leading to better absorption or something. Not sure about all that but given how well thought out his designs were, maybe he was onto something.

coolbreeze

Was the rubber to seal the glass lower down then the in the OG's? Looks cool just seeing wood and glass with out a o-ring in view
The original brick, the Triihouse Waldo, was a whipped portable that does not use o-rings, it's all magnets, gravity, and friction.:

I always assumed the Daisy (the first refinement of the brick) had o-rings, but now that you mention it...

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The original brick, the Triihouse Waldo, was a whipped portable that does not use o-rings, it's all magnets, gravity, and friction.:

I always assumed the Daisy (the first refinement of the brick) had o-rings, but now that you mention it...
Every time I see a Waldo it is a complete mindfuck. I forget that the draw hole is at the bottom. Your's looks pretty nice! Lucky!

coolbreeze

Every time I see a Waldo it is a complete mindfuck. I forget that the draw hole is at the bottom. Your's looks pretty nice! Lucky!
Yeah, he hadn't quite worked out the joint/o-ringed mouthpiece yet, I guess. Being whip-based I think limits its portability a little, too. That said, the heat path is so perfect that you could give it to someone who's never vaped before and I think they'd have it on the second hit. I've never had a moment's difficulty with it, really (and it works amazingly with the Neo and the Hot Rod). If it wasn't for the whip joint weirdness I think it would easily be the best brick vape. I keep hoping someone will build it again (maybe with a better joint) so people can experience it.

coolbreeze

My hotrod stopped heating up :( miss it on a brick! When you said neo were you refering to the prrl labs neo?
Yes, the Prrl Neo. It's great. Nice with other bricks too.

You should contact Brian at Old Head: the same thing happened to me (and to others) and he repaired it and turned it around really fast. It's usually a problem with the power cord and he just replaces it, no charge. Totally worth it to get it back running! I would recommend it for bricks even before the Neo, tbh.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Cage

Cage

Not sure if anyone's ever tried this, but I found the center of my runts bowl always burned the hottest, so I took a step drill(I know I'm sorry 😞) and drilled it out, it made the center heat spot go away and I still stir but you don't have to near as much! To me it's a improvement but if you only have 1 runt I probably wouldn't advise to do it incase you don't like it as much after!

Cage,

DocNicksche

Hello :wave:

I recently bought a 2nd hand runt :rockon:
Today I officially had my first bowl from a sticky brick vape and.... I'm in Love! :love::rofl:

I'm a little afraid to combust with that wood body and I'm new to these direct heat vapes, so I used it with the restrictor disk.
I was a bit holding back on my first two heatings... I had no visible vapor at the exhale...but holy Moly! I had one of the nicest "terp-tongue" experiences ever! Hmmm...that was tasty!

The next heating, I was a "bit braver" 😉 and I instantly realized when the lighter position finally was "correct" - by the sound First...and then by the visible vapor in the mouth piece shortly after. I love that it's so absolutely clearly audibly signaling, that the flame is in the right spot.

What can I say...first bowl and it was nothing but a pleasure! Convection vape on a very, very high Level! Damn tasty and very interesting to kinda control the hit during actually taking it!
For Sure, I have a lot more to play and figure out the fine-tunings of the device, but my first impressions are absolutely more than positiv! 😁🤘

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
An update on my issue with quick combustion in the Runt. Changing the screen helped a lot (thanks @coolbreeze for the suggestion of a dental pick, was super easy to swap the screens with that), but I noticed I was still getting slight combustion towards the end of a bowl and still more quickly than I expected. I realized I had switched the stock angled heat intake for a straight intake, and sure enough when I switched back to the angled intake, I could vape hit after large hit with no combustion. The Runt was back to what I expected. Lesson learned, angled intakes are my choice from now on. I'm still using titanium discs with holes at the bottom of the intake. Now that I have the angled back in I should try it without the discs.

Also I'm very glad to report that after a rocky start, I've really gotten the hang of the Flip, and using it with the herb catcher and Hubble Bubble feels like second nature. For ergonomics and flavor and total ease of use, I still prefer the Runt. But cooling the Flip with a water piece provides flavor that's almost as good and of course the vapor is totally cool on my throat. Next step will be to try the same combo without water.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"

DocNicksche

Today I had my morning coffee, sitting in the sun in our garden, accompanied by my new toy, the runt 😁☀️☕💨

At this point l can't understand why I ever hesitated so long before I got one 🤔
Such a cool device! Very tasty, if not pushed too far with the first hits and totally capable of knocking you out, if desired 😉
I always had a faible for wooden vapes, e-cig mods in wood or stab wood are my favourite! I can admire and feel wood grains for hours 😅🤷‍♂️ when buying, darker shaded woods always get me 😉 ...my runt is walnut, btw.

I'm still using it with the restrictor disk and I'm actually pretty satisfied with what I get out of it in terms of vapor production and taste. So, a question for the more experienced users: besides achieving a more powerful extraction and hence darker avb and maybe a higher chance of combustion, what does one gain with removing the disk? I mean, I get that you can push it even farther without the disk, but is there any other benefit to it? I'm new to sticky bricks...there may be things I just don't realize right now 🤷‍♂️

Have a great day fellow FC members! ✌️

Top Bottom