Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
As people have said, the triple flame is a different experience. I prefer the single flame with both intakes. I feel like it gives me more precise control.

Agreed, at least with the straight intake. I've tried the tripple flame, but I didn't like it. The single has plenty of power to go anywhere from zero to max if used right (maybe not so much with the curved intake...IDK).

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Agreed, at least with the straight intake. I've tried the tripple flame, but I didn't like it. The single has plenty of power to go anywhere from zero to max if used right (maybe not so much with the curved intake...IDK).
The single flame can still take you to the edge of combustion and beyond with the curved intake. I just find the curve gives me more latitude to play with.

Then again maybe I was using the straight intake incorrectly. I was pointing the flame straight down the barrel, do I need to point it at one of the sides instead?

Monk Debate,

Ramahs

The single flame can still take you to the edge of combustion and beyond with the curved intake. I just find the curve gives me more latitude to play with.

Then again maybe I was using the straight intake incorrectly. I was pointing the flame straight down the barrel, do I need to point it at one of the sides instead?

I do best straight down the barrel...but start WAAAAAY higher above the intake than you might think you should. I mean, spark your torch in a very dark room and check out how far that outer flame extends beyond the inner one that you can see with the lights on...and start further away than that! You might be surprised how dense of vapor you can get with a slow build that ramps up quick with a straight flame that far away. Then move in and just experiment with moving closer (the level of heat you need changes depending on how cashed the bowl is).

I mean, really start from way further than you think the heat would even have a chance of making it into the straight intake, and then slowly go closer. It might surprise you. Doing it in a dimly lit room may help, so you can better see the outer flame a little to make sure you are starting outside that.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I do best straight down the barrel...but start WAAAAAY higher above the intake than you might think you should. I mean, spark your torch in a very dark room and check out how far that outer flame extends beyond the inner one that you can see with the lights on...and start further away than that! You might be surprised how dense of vapor you can get with a slow build that ramps up quick with a straight flame that far away. Then move in and just experiment with moving closer (the level of heat you need changes depending on how cashed the bowl is).

I mean, really start from way further than you think the heat would even have a chance of making it into the straight intake, and then slowly go closer. It might surprise you. Doing it in a dimly lit room may help, so you can better see the outer flame a little to make sure you are starting outside that.
Cool, I’ll give that a go next time I hit the Runt. If it works well that far away then it explains why I was getting combustion nearly immediately because I was really jamming the flame down into the intake.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I tried holding the torch way further back so even the outer faint blue flame wasn’t in the straight intake, and it worked like a charm! First two hits were even more flavorful than I’ve come to expect from a Sticky Brick and I got four solid hits out of it with very even extraction and no charring or combustion whatsoever. Now I can keep the straight intake on the Runt, cheers!

Ramahs

I tried holding the torch way further back so even the outer faint blue flame wasn’t in the straight intake, and it worked like a charm! First two hits were even more flavorful than I’ve come to expect from a Sticky Brick and I got four solid hits out of it with very even extraction and no charring or combustion whatsoever. Now I can keep the straight intake on the Runt, cheers!
GIF by MOODMAN

the_hexx

Team Hash
Do you use the restrictor disk? I have felt a strong metal taste when putting the lighter too deep in the intake, might be that? I have been using the Max and Jr for a year now and I have no issues at all so far and I have asthma, I still worry about the use of butane a bit but non of my medical tests has shown any issues so far. I also use colibri.
Apologies for the late reply. I ditched the disk and had some glorious hits, so that might well be it! Hopefully that solves it and I'm finally welcomed to the brick-verse. Many thanks!

Last edited:

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Might even pull my maxx out tonight
I gave my Maxx away a few months back, but due a Royal Mail error, it got returned to sender. The return address was the Chapter House at York Minster. I often wonder if the good folks at
YO1 7HH ever identified what it was that arrived in the post.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Brought out my OG Brick for a bit of playtime!
I bought it 2nd hand a number of years ago and the OG owner combusted in it a few times...
Most of the combustion smell is gone from the main unit but the guy also scorched the intake section somehow... This is the area I cannot seem to remove all the burnt smell from.
Was wondering if I could drill it out a bit more to remove that wood?
Or my other thought was to drill a bigger hole and use a glass liner or a Stainless Steel tube liner.

Getting some super terpy hits without the restrictor disc.
It's a beast if handled correctly!

Smokey McVape

Most of the combustion smell is gone from the main unit but the guy also scorched the intake section somehow... This is the area I cannot seem to remove all the burnt smell from.
Was wondering if I could drill it out a bit more to remove that wood?
Or my other thought was to drill a bigger hole and use a glass liner or a Stainless Steel tube liner.
Try some fine sandpaper say 2000 grit, wrap a piece around a pen and go at it - less aggressive than drilling and NO risk of the wood splitting.

Smokey McVape

Is the SBL Junior noticeably hotter and tastier than Runt?
I have all of the main lineup and would rate the main 3 like this - temp rating 1= lowest, 10 = hottest

O.G Brick - Coolest vapor (2/10) and best flavour.
Runt - 2nd coolest vapor (5/10) and great flavour.
Junior - Hottest (7.5/10) and great flavour.

If I had to choose out of the Runt and Junior then I would take the Runt every time. I don't regret buying my Junior but I don't use it very much because the O.G and Runt do every better.

Top Bottom