• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

StemPod by MPL

MLBxxMLB

Anyone know where I can get some screens for the cooling stem for cheap? I can only find like 10 for $7 or packs of like 200. I think they need to be 14.8 or 15mm.

MLBxxMLB,

MLBxxMLB

I meant flat screens that cover the glass screen in the cooling stem.

Edit: After checking like 50 links on google I found some stores selling 10 for $4 free shipping so not bad. Just seems like these should be way cheaper. Searching for SSV DBV screens nets you multiple stores selling the same screens for $4.
$3.60 with code elev8me

Last edited:
MLBxxMLB,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
I see,I use the screens from my life saber,dabuddha,mighty or stickybricks.
Dhgate will also have flat screens as will many hardware,brewing or plumbing supply houses.
I use Dhgate and buy bulk if I can afford it.
$20.00 ain't a lot for a lifetime supply of anything.

arb,

OMGSUS

I meant flat screens that cover the glass screen in the cooling stem.

Edit: After checking like 50 links on google I found some stores selling 10 for $4 free shipping so not bad. Just seems like these should be way cheaper. Searching for SSV DBV screens nets you multiple stores selling the same screens for $4.
$3.60 with code elev8me

If you search for "5/8ths in screen" youll find lots of options on Amazon

OMGSUS,

GoldenBud

I ordered StemPod Si , got some questions - on 30W the recommendation is to taking a slow puff, and on 40W faster?
when to leave it 1/2 opened? when to leave it 1/4?
thanks

Dargin B

I saw a guy from Reddit talk about how he used an Aegis 200w, 37.5w, 4-5 sec preheat, 20% open and a good draw. I was able to replicate that with a longer warmup (10 sec) for a massive hit.

GoldenBud

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Wide open 60 watts 7 second warm-up no basket screen for massive,tasty clouds.
22 gauge kanthal 10 wraps at 25MM for coils reads at .28 on the aegis x.

GoldenBud

Wide open 60 watts 7 second warm-up no basket screen for massive,tasty clouds.
22 gauge kanthal 10 wraps at 25MM for coils reads at .28 on the aegis x.
but StemPod SI has an internal, fixed, screen inside?into the "shell"? material won't fall on the coils?
thanks

I'll try 50W before going to 60W , but I'll try this massive setting too ... after I learn this thing

GoldenBud,

arb

Semi shaved ape
but StemPod SI has an internal, fixed, screen inside?into the "shell"? material won't fall on the coils?
thanks

I'll try 50W before going to 60W , but I'll try this massive setting too ... after I learn this thing
The basket screen is the screen"cup"that comes with the si for a bowl not the one in the base of the unit itself.

arb,

GoldenBud

The basket screen is the screen"cup"that comes with the si for a bowl not the one in the base of the unit itself.
yeah - 16*8.3mm or 15*6.4mm ? is it 16*8.3mm, right?
I already got baskets, but has no option to measure them right now. lol
I may purchase from the DHGate link you gave

(I got stems etc' because I also got TUBOx)

GoldenBud,
just got the stempod, using it at 40watts with a 5 second preheat, I'm getting some Hotspots but my avb is pretty even, thanks supershredderdan, this vape rules

Highhowareyou,

GoldenBud

just got the stempod, using it at 40watts with a 5 second preheat, I'm getting some Hotspots but my avb is pretty even, thanks supershredderdan, this vape rules
40W is for pros, start with 32W and tomorrow go for 40W, after you learn the inhaling method
(slower inhaling - hotter temp, fast inhaling - cooler temp)
you won't have any hotspot if you do it right

also play with the air intake.. some like it closer, some like it opened.

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

Alright I will adjust the airflow, I've been putting the second basket screen inside the first to keep my bud in, would that cause hotspotting?
No, that's microdosing. it's great. with 1/2 opened I suggest you to go up to 42W, for now, inhale faster to avoid scorching... finish the bowl even at 46W but inhale even faster to avoid scorching..

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I recently got another 510 mod and it had sparked my interest. This one because the coils can be changed. I was looking at coils and saw hex core alien coil I don't know much about coils but they look sexy, are these usable in stempod?

iDRINKBLEACH,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Any coil that fits will glow but whether it works well is the question.
I tried a lot of different types of wire and found plain wire works fine.
The mass of the coil is what seemed to make the most difference with more being better.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Any coil that fits will glow but whether it works well is the question.
I tried a lot of different types of wire and found plain wire works fine.
The mass of the coil is what seemed to make the most difference with more being better.
Okay, I'm ordering mine hopefully this weekend. I'm hoping making my own heaters will help keep vas away instead of buying a whole new unit. Hoping to get a side by side mod or a 510 aide by side connector.

iDRINKBLEACH,

arb

Semi shaved ape
The base is 22MM but the steel sleeve fits over it making it over 22MM by quite a bit.
Just a heads up as some mods like the pico 75 watt units won't fit unless you use two heatsinks to raise it up.
I only use wattage mode and kanthal wire.
You can use different wire and tcr\cruise mode but I haven't fucked with that too much.

Top Bottom