Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:
Stu,
Reactions: arb

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I am not the greatest at waiting and in all fairness I did it for as long as I could.
This unit is the bomb and has shelved thousands of dollars in well every other vape I own.
I run a pair of 22 gauge 10 wrap coils at 58 watts through water and it is amazing.
Checks every box for me excellent flavor,extraction and hits very hard if I want it to.
I use the 2.0 body more because it snubs down on a male to male adapter without a basket screen like a lsv.
Clear a two thirds loaded bowl that size in three hits with zero scorching through water.
I do gotta say that I really don't like any of the stock glass mouthpieces at all I find them way too harsh.
I do have some six inch bent I used for my lsv that work great dry so Fuck yeah!

What is a “2.0 body”?

I tried a bunch of glass mouthpieces, the Lamart “NUB”, was the best for cooling in my opinion, and is nice and SHORT!

Bought mine from @VGoodiez , here:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Seems to be a og body with two small holes drilled in it.
The interior o-rings seems flusher making for easier insertion but that could be my imagination.

rebar,

RustyOldNail

Seems to be a og body with two small holes drilled in it.
The interior o-rings seems flusher making for easier insertion but that could be my imagination.

Interesting, just looked at their website. I see HOLES!

PARTIAL PASTE:
“Modify vapor density with the dual adjustable airflow vents and new static airflow holes, from restrictive to wide open or anything in between.”

Adding unadjustable static holes seems an ODD addition, mine is fairly new, MINUS any static holes, just the two adjustable slots, and I normally have those almost closed, and I remember other users doing similar.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I just keep mine wide open anymore.
I compared the two side by side and the only difference I can find is the two holes.
Both work exactly the same with the same coils though.
I see he is working on a plug in deskpod,just take my money dude!

rebar,

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I started with a Splinter which I loved, but it suffered a near fatal crack in the glass liner on a cold night. Not wanting to have the same problem I switched to the Stempod. Other than aesthetics, I do prefer the Stempod. Interchangeable coils, durability, adjustable air intake are just some of the benefits. Now I also own a Tinymight which has become my first choice. The similarities between these three vapes is what attracted me to them. It might be a Stempod night tonight...

RustyOldNail

I just keep mine wide open anymore.
I compared the two side by side and the only difference I can find is the two holes.
Both work exactly the same with the same coils though.
I see he is working on a plug in deskpod,just take my money dude!

Is the oring the same on the OG V2? Do the 18mm glass inserts go in any further.

I tried a bunch of glass mouthpieces and without the oring, they went in deeper, but the glass on metal, allowed them to slip out easily, unlike a glass on glass like a Splinter. With the oring on my OG V1, the mouthpieces don’t go down as far as I’d like.

RustyOldNail,

arb

Semi shaved ape
After wearing in a bit they seem the same with both seating very well.
I do not use the basket screens though.

RustyOldNail

After wearing in a bit they seem the same with both seating very well.
I do not use the basket screens though.

Thanks for the follow up.

According to this page on the Modpod site:

S&B capsules should work with a Stempod, NONE of my glass mouthpieces can hold a capsule, even the included one. I’ve seen 18mm wooden stem mouthpieces that grab the top of a S&B capsule. So this article makes no sense to me?

RustyOldNail,

arb

Semi shaved ape
I cannot shove a s&b capsule in mine either.
A jackpod does but is too small and lets air flow around it.
I use it through the male to male adapter and a piece 95% of the time.
A dreamwood 18 pod stem does fit both the jackpod and stempod if you remove the stempod o-ring.
Just fingered they fit now gotta see if it works well.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

Stu,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Still loving my stempod,still my go to daily driver.
Wet or dry,oh my milks bigbongbongbig easy as pie.
🍕

arb,

arb

Semi shaved ape
CSC-0211.jpg

Smashing some of this here through a piece.
Tastes like flower and nothing else while hitting as hard as a plug in.
Five months on my side table as a daily driver the only vape that lasted longer was the lsv.
Took some practice and wrapping my own coils but I can say it was worth it.
😍

arb,
Reactions: Summer

Dargin B

I'm looking for dosing caps and WPA use....from thier it doesn't look like the WPA they sell will fit the SB dosing caps well? (I'll buy whatever caps needed) I want to buy USA made. Thanks in advance!

Dargin B,

RustyOldNail

I'm looking for dosing caps and WPA use....from thier it doesn't look like the WPA they sell will fit the SB dosing caps well? (I'll buy whatever caps needed) I want to buy USA made. Thanks in advance!

The creator has not posted a message here since March, but seems more active on Reddit, he has a page there. Search for it and you will find a bunch of posts on “pods”. Don’t get your hopes up, after doing a bit of research, I’ve given up on trying pods in mine.

As of now I place the herb inside my Larmart NUB, and the cup screen holds it in, the nub has an internal screen at the top end. Advantages, you can place more material in it, keep material looser, if loose enough you can shake instead of manually stirring if desired. Disadvantage, the load is further from coils/heater, so you need higher temps.

Dargin B

I picked up the Stempod SI as a backup / travel to my Splinter V2. I am going to get the OG2 with Aegis when he gets them back in stock. From what I can tell that and the Timberwood Elite are the only one that can / will ship with a preset mod tuned for the attachment. I have the Elite on order. I am going to get a Lamart NUB hopefully on the next T80 drop (will be my second drop).

MLBxxMLB

Used my Stempod SI a bit and some questions. I am completely new to vaping weed, only smoked before.

1. I am getting a consistent hotspot, unless it’s normal, right in the center of my bowl. After a few hits the center looks spent if not just on the cusp of combustion. The edges though remain light brown with a hint of green. Is this normal for the Stempod and is there a way to get more even heating. I’ve tried the stem closer or further from coils, wattages from 30-50. I also tried stirring, but because you invert the bowl the mixed ABV on top tends to fall out so I stopped mixing as it was just creating a mess. All wattage settings produced similar results with the stock Kanthal coils for me.

2. I have the cooling stem coming and the Clapton coils for temp control. What options are there for alternative bowls or dosing capsules instead of the basket screens I can use with the cooling stem? I know it has a larger bowl cavity with a glass screen. Something that contains the herb is what I’m looking for, size isn’t that much of a concern.

3. Regarding temp control I am wondering what settings you guys have found that work well with the Clapton coils from Stempod. I know everyone has a different mod, but somewhere to start would help. I have a Fuchai 213 mini.

4. When do you know the weed is spent or has been mostly extracted? My ABV seems light compared to other photos I’ve seen of ABV from the Stempod. Just concerned with combusting so I’ve probably not gone far enough with each bowl.

MLBxxMLB,

RustyOldNail

Used my Stempod SI a bit and some questions. I am completely new to vaping weed, only smoked before.

1. I am getting a consistent hotspot, unless it’s normal, right in the center of my bowl. After a few hits the center looks spent if not just on the cusp of combustion. The edges though remain light brown with a hint of green. Is this normal for the Stempod and is there a way to get more even heating. I’ve tried the stem closer or further from coils, wattages from 30-50. I also tried stirring, but because you invert the bowl the mixed ABV on top tends to fall out so I stopped mixing as it was just creating a mess. All wattage settings produced similar results with the stock Kanthal coils for me.

2. I have the cooling stem coming and the Clapton coils for temp control. What options are there for alternative bowls or dosing capsules instead of the basket screens I can use with the cooling stem? I know it has a larger bowl cavity with a glass screen. Something that contains the herb is what I’m looking for, size isn’t that much of a concern.

3. Regarding temp control I am wondering what settings you guys have found that work well with the Clapton coils from Stempod. I know everyone has a different mod, but somewhere to start would help. I have a Fuchai 213 mini.

4. When do you know the weed is spent or has been mostly extracted? My ABV seems light compared to other photos I’ve seen of ABV from the Stempod. Just concerned with combusting so I’ve probably not gone far enough with each bowl.

1) Same issue here with hot spots, mine are small, but black and burnt, as soon as I taste that, I stir, or eject. I don’t have an answer, I’ve read a bunch of ModPod threads on Reddit, a lot of posters there had uneven herb, and shelved their units. I don’t want to give up yet. As I posted (3) above your post, putting the load inside the joint, held in by cup screen reduces if not eliminates it. I’ve gone to a medium grind, dump in two scoops, as you can double or more the capacity over just loading the screen cup, and nothing can fall into heater. If your mouthpiece does not have an inner screen installed, just add one, the NUB has one already. I’m still using the flat SS Clapton’s that came with it, but I believe he’s changed the default coils more then once. These dual SS coils read at 28ohms, and so far I’m using a TCR of .00265.

2) So far, I’ve given up on capsules, tried my Mighty S&B ones, too much extra heat required, hot air gets around the capsules, etc., other user options meant buying from other sites and testing etc. Loading the mouthpiece “joint”, is like having a larger capacity cup screen. After a few hits, pull it out and shake up the medium grind load.

3) SEE my #1 response.

4) So far I’ve been conservative on heat, but my ABV is definitely lighter then most of my other devices. I’m going to go higher to test.

Remember, you have to find the balance between your draw SPEED, and draw TIME, as well as the AIRFLOW setting on the Stempod, and of course your heat setting. Though none of my attempts have solved the hot spotting when I try the cup screens. That’s why many find a Stempod “finicky”, lots of variables. Seems a lot of folks give up on temperature control and go back to wattage, but that is when you really have to feather your heating, or you can over heat and combust.
Good luck.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: MLBxxMLB

MLBxxMLB

1) Same issue here with hot spots, mine are small, but black and burnt, as soon as I taste that, I stir, or eject. I don’t have an answer, I’ve read a bunch of ModPod threads on Reddit, a lot of posters there had uneven herb, and shelved their units. I don’t want to give up yet. As I posted (3) above your post, putting the load inside the joint, held in by cup screen reduces if not eliminates it. I’ve gone to a medium grind, dump in two scoops, as you can double or more the capacity over just loading the screen cup, and nothing can fall into heater. If your mouthpiece does not have an inner screen installed, just add one, the NUB has one already. I’m still using the flat SS Clapton’s that came with it, but I believe he’s changed the default coils more then once. These dual SS coils read at 28ohms, and so far I’m using a TCR of .00265.

2) So far, I’ve given up on capsules, tried my Mighty S&B ones, too much extra heat required, hot air gets around the capsules, etc., other user options meant buying from other sites and testing etc. Loading the mouthpiece “joint”, is like having a larger capacity cup screen. After a few hits, pull it out and shake up the medium grind load.

3) SEE my #1 response.

4) So far I’ve been conservative on heat, but my ABV is definitely lighter then most of my other devices. I’m going to go higher to test.

Remember, you have to find the balance between your draw SPEED, and draw TIME, as well as the AIRFLOW setting on the Stempod, and of course your heat setting. Though none of my attempts have solved the hot spotting when I try the cup screens. That’s why many find a Stempod “finicky”, lots of variables. Seems a lot of folks give up on temperature control and go back to wattage, but that is when you really have to feather your heating, or you can over heat and combust.
Good luck.
Thanks, I will try the stem method once I get the cooling stem.

Do you use the standard type of bucket screen that came with or longer ones?

If there is empty space in the stem when the herb is in does that cause a problem?

Do you use a screen in front of the glass holes at the top of the cooling stem chamber?

And how would you describe the speed of your draw? I’ve never vaped before this so I have no idea. Drawing from a blunt is pretty easy, but I feel like I’m drawing too weak with the Stempod.

MLBxxMLB,

RustyOldNail

Thanks, I will try the stem method once I get the cooling stem.

Do you use the standard type of bucket screen that came with or longer ones?

If there is empty space in the stem when the herb is in does that cause a problem?

Do you use a screen in front of the glass holes at the top of the cooling stem chamber?

And how would you describe the speed of your draw? I’ve never vaped before this so I have no idea. Drawing from a blunt is pretty easy, but I feel like I’m drawing too weak with the Stempod.

You can load any stem, but it’s the 18mm joint you are loading. I use the standard screen cup in either configuration. My
Lamart NUB came with the screen up high nearer the top of its18mm joint, don’t notice any issues with space, but you can load it up and just shake it, or take the screen/cap off and stir. I keep my air slots a little less then 50%, breath slow at first, then speed up near the end of the mods 10second cutoff. Then I go again. As you feel the vapor thicken, you want to inhale faster, to cool the load. It’s fairly logical, the heater creates heat, on its own it will slowly rise, so your inhale speed is now what’s controlling the extraction. You breath slow, hotter vapor, faster, cooler.

I just went to 300 TCR on the mod, filled up the 18mm joint, 400f in TC mode. I made the mod hotter and tried to keep the other variables the same, just 1/3 more herb this time. Was pretty good, first two hits, went to 410f, two more good hits, then 420f, and I should have inhaled faster, so I started to taste a little “burnt” flavor, and dumped. This load was darker brown, and a few black spots, so I stopped in time to avoid more char. I don’t think it will ever be perfect, but if you like messing with stuff and experimenting, then it’s usable. If you want no brain, I’ll grab the Mighty. Having lots of choices is a good place to be. Good luck!

RustyOldNail,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Zero scorching and way tasty the wattage way homies.
I see you all struggling with tcr and wonder why you go through it.
💎

MLBxxMLB

Zero scorching and way tasty the wattage way homies.
I see you all struggling with tcr and wonder why you go through it.
💎
I’m using wattage and getting consistent results of a center hotspot, outer 10-20% isn’t getting the hot air pulled through it seems. Different wattages same results.

MLBxxMLB,
Top Bottom