• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

StemPod by MPL

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
Does anyone have experience with titanium coils? I made a set yesterday (24AWG, 12 wraps, ø=4mm) and they heat up in about 1/2 or 1/4 the time of the MPL's HD coils i had on before, and they hold temperature more consistently while pulling at a lower maximum wattage. The faster heat-up time and lower wattage also mean my mod seems to not heat up during use, at least not as much as with the SS coils I switched from. I used to get device overheat warnings on longer sessions. The AVB is even without stirring.

They read 0.254Ω, I use TCR750, 35W, 380°F-420°F. Mod is a joyetech evic VTC Dual running tubo firmware. Faint glowing starts very at a setting of 410°F-420°F, more faint than my previous SS setup but still visible in the right light.

I've read a little on other RDA forums about titanium coils outgassing at relatively low temperature compared to steel but am not sure where to look for more information on that. Is there anyone with more information that wants to talk me out of using this setup?
Problems arise when your mod will kick out of TC for reason X or Y, and revert to power mode... in which case the coil could ignite and vaporize...

Plus there are indeed some ongoing questions around the various oxides (make it glow once and it will look all flaky/powdery coated)

This is why I tend to avoid Ti personally. But YMMV!
I'm gonna have to agree with kero, Ti and Ni wire have a much lower heat ceiling and even though they will work fine(great?) It's not the healthiest wire choice .from our experiments we can only really endorse SS and kanthal wire for convection use

Splather

Ordered my Stempod yesterday and really looking forward to putting it through its paces!

I can see on the site that they're on backorder at the moment - any idea when there's new stock coming in? I went for the cheap shipping, so I'm hoping to get it before the summer is over...:)

Splather,
Reactions: Summer

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
Ordered my Stempod yesterday and really looking forward to putting it through its paces!

I can see on the site that they're on backorder at the moment - any idea when there's new stock coming in? I went for the cheap shipping, so I'm hoping to get it before the summer is over...:)
Si orders should be going out near the end of this month/beginning of next. StemPod is getting a slight redesign with the StashPod cases, so those will likely be a bit longer to restock, but ideally within the next month we will ship all outstanding orders

Splather

Si orders should be going out near the end of this month/beginning of next. StemPod is getting a slight redesign with the StashPod cases, so those will likely be a bit longer to restock, but ideally within the next month we will ship all outstanding orders
Awesome, cheers!

Splather,

Improvaper

So I tried a thing, and it's pretty cool.

20190425-223628.jpg

20g 316L pancake measuring .5 ohms. As close to the posts as physically possible. The 20g doesn't wiggle much, so it holds nice. I do, however, need to "hover" the hood ever so slightly to avoid touching it with the inner screen. An o-ring helps with that:

20190425-224816.jpg

And here it is at 55 watts. Which is way too high, lol. Just wanted to demonstrate.

https://streamable.com/s/c92yf/ytsvhs

I've gotta play with it more but so far I REALLY like it. No idea how it will behave with TCR, though I love the bloom of it in wattage. I think I'm just a wattage guy. The flavor is sweet, and it hits pretty hard pretty fast, even with low wattage (30ish). Anything high and it's hard to keep up with.

Last edited:

Grifo

So I tried a thing, and it's pretty cool.

20g 316L pancake measuring .53 ohms. As close to the posts as physically possible. The 20g doesn't wiggle much, so it holds nice. I do, however, need to "hover" the hood ever so slightly to avoid touching it with the inner screen. An o-ring helps with that:

And here it is at 55 watts. Which is way too high, lol. Just wanted to demonstrate.

https://streamable.com/s/c92yf/ytsvhs

I've gotta play with it more but so far I REALLY like it. No idea how it will behave with TCR, though I love the bloom of it in wattage. I think I'm just a wattage guy. The flavor is sweet, and it hits pretty hard pretty fast, even with low wattage (30ish). Anything high and it's hard to keep up with.
i was thinking of this today weird

Grifo,

Sativapo

It's been a few weeks I want to test this on my glow. Didn't find the time or patience yet. I don't remember who suggested this herbie or kerozen. Thought it was called stove top. Does it glow less fast than other coils ? Hoped that would be the case with TC.

Sativapo,

Plutonic

Wow @Improvize, that is some perfectly vaped material! How heavily do you draw, and I assume you keep your draw very steady? And what is that stem?

Plutonic,

Improvaper

Wow @Improvize, that is some perfectly vaped material! How heavily do you draw, and I assume you keep your draw very steady? And what is that stem?

Here it is after 8 hits, still no stirring or turning:
20190513_124915.jpg

These are admittedly somewhat lighter hits than I do normally. I'd say they're about half of what I demonstrated in the video a few posts prior, maybe 12-second hits. I use wide open airflow, start drawing almost immediately but very slowly, and lock into the heat and match it as it blooms. TCR definitely gets me smoother, more consistent hits, but it's not as cloud-chasing as wattage mode. Still very satisfying, puffy hits, though. If I try to completely vaporize a bowl in one or 2 hoots at high wattage, the AVB would be much more uneven. That's just the nature of the beast.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Hi

Getting ready to try a new Stempod. I haven’t used it yet and I’m going to hook it up to a Paranormal DNA250C. Will
This run in TCR mode? I don’t know much about coil wire types. It comes with a Clapton coil set. Anyone running a similar setup that could suggest settings ?

Thanks

David

madhockeydad,

Improvaper

Hi

Getting ready to try a new Stempod. I haven’t used it yet and I’m going to hook it up to a Paranormal DNA250C. Will
This run in TCR mode? I don’t know much about coil wire types. It comes with a Clapton coil set. Anyone running a similar setup that could suggest settings ?

Thanks

David

Here is my DNA profile tailored for the StemPod. The odd numbered profiles are TCR mode (set for 220 with unlocked ohms, 55 watts). You can mess with the wattage in TCR if desired, I picked a middle ground that should be easy going for most coils. I personally use 75 watts with my 8 wrap 24/30 claptons. The even numbered profiles are for wattage mode.

Let me know if you have any issues with it.

https://gofile.io/?c=KP52Ee

dvak

Hey folks

I have been using my SI for a few days with wattage mode but want to set up temp control for easier use or when I have friends around.

Does anyone have a good AF profile I could yoink for the HD coils or a simple guide on setting it up. It's a lot of terminology that is going over my head.

dvak,

Splather

It's arrived! Great vape, absolutely loving the hits from this thing, straight out of the (lovely wooden) box!

One question - there's mention on the website of a spare O ring being included, but there isn't one with mine. The dimensions are listed on the website, so I know what size to order locally here in the UK, but does anyone know what the original rings are made from?

Cheers!

Edit: Also, if I wanted to make my own basket screens, what size flat screen should I start with? ½ inch?

Last edited:
Splather,

Poostuff

Please delete
I ordered my StemPod on the 24th of April, they kept changing the shipping date & it finally arrived today but with a broken stem.

Looks like the stem was just shoved in the stash box broken.

It’s disappointing but I’ve emailed them & I guess I’ll have to wait to use it.

I’ve got one 18-18mm adapter & a few Splinter Z stems.

They’re different sizes & don’t seem to fit snugly.

I guess I’ll play around with them.

Does anyone use a different stem with good results?

Poostuff,

Easywider

Simple is the way
I ordered my StemPod on the 24th of April, they kept changing the shipping date & it finally arrived today but with a broken stem.

Yes. I broke my original stem first week. Haven’t experienced a stem yet that didn’t fit. Joint lengths will play a roll In performance but you can adjust by turning your heat up or down.

Easywider,

Splather

I've not broken a stem yet (got the original plus one I had Glass Charlie make for me over here), but I'm finding that the original stem doesn't sit well with Storz and Bickel dosing capsules - it keeps slipping out of the O ring and breaking the seal. The GC stem is great, but doesn't fit in the stashpod (my fault, I didn't ask him specifically to make me a shorter one).

So based on the Modpod blog saying that some of the other stems work well with the S&B capsules, I've taken the plunge on all 3 of the alternative stems from the Modpod store. Hopefully they'll survive the trip across the pond....

Splather,

supershredderdan

Manufacturer

Sorry to hear this, we can send a replacement right over if you remind us your order #

supershredderdan,
Reactions: Poostuff

johnnyCanuck

The E-nano stems work well with it

fogbank

The short wooden Tubo stem works well with the S&B capsules in the Stempod.

http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=64_77

sickmanfraud

Can you guys please share the settings you are using for the stempod (I had Clapton's pre-installed)?

DNA color settings and Tubo settings as well.

Thanks

sickmanfraud,

PaperClouds

Been having a hard time dial in the TC with the HD coils. Are they supposed to glow? Even at 420 the coils in my Imp don't glow at all while producing a good amount of vapor, yet I can't seem to produce any vapor without the coils glowing in the StemPod.

Sativapo

@PaperClouds
If you read the thread you will see they glow. There is a whole discussion on trying to find the coils that glow at higher temps. I have the glow a metallic Base 510 too and it glows too needing the same kind of watts. The wooden IMP Base needs less heat and indeed doesn't glow around 420 but does around 440 (the temps are just an example with tc you kind of set the scale) to finish with dark abv.

Top Bottom