StemPod by MPL

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
:tup: on the interim stem pod project. Looks great :nod:Thought of doing 18mm ss stems for it?? Just an idea... dunno how feasible it would be, maybe they'd get too hot? :hmm:

Area 510 Labs/inc/corp or whatever might be an idea for a better choice than "project" (for the above stated reasons).

Or stick with modpod maybe, it has a ring to it... :D
Ss stem is an interesting idea, but at low volumes another custom part would significantly increase the cost vs a standard glass stem. The whole idea with stempod is to deliver a competent product in low volumes as efficiently as possible and generate income to further prototype modpod and have a pilot test in place for future investors if necessary.

I am on board for the name MPL StemPod @supershredderdan! I think ModPod is strong branding and dig the logo too, maybe just add a line on bottom of the M for the L :tup:

Leaning more towards this

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
aw, come on @supershredderdan, you couldn't put yourself out & create links to them. :doh: So disappointed. So each & every time, to check for new pics, I & all your following have to manually retype what you listed in the addy bar? I think, Not! If you had created a link we could leisurely, with the ease of one click, get to where we're going. I trust you will correct this. ;)

And, btw, Dan, the last time you posted was Jan 29th, so let us in on what's been going on with you & with the MP. :nod:

Looking forward long-term, how long do you realistically think it will be before the 1st sale units will be available? It may be only be conjecture at this point, but, right now, what do you forsee?

Hope all is well with you, & thanks in advance for any reply, & for, ahumm, requested link correction. :)

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: Hogni

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@supershredderdan, can you please put your website & instagram links in your signature to make it easier to click through?

Did an instagram & google search & only got this:
http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/modpod_labs

Are there any other links?

aw, come on @supershredderdan, you couldn't put yourself out & create links to them. :doh: So disappointed. So each & every time, to check for new pics, I & all your following have to manually retype what you listed in the addy bar? I think, Not! If you had created a link we could leisurely, with the ease of one click, get to where we're going. I trust you will correct this. ;)

And, btw, Dan, the last time you posted was Jan 29th, so let us in on what's been going on with you & with the MP. :nod:

Looking forward long-term, how long do you realistically think it will be before the 1st sale units will be available? It may be only be conjecture at this point, but, right now, what do you forsee?

Hope all is well with you, & thanks in advance for any reply, & for, ahumm, requested link correction. :)

... I think you already have it there ^

It is also easy to get an Instagram account just to follow vape updates and videos if you have a smart phone... It can be faster than FC

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
no, @Shit Snacks, I want Dan to actually link the links he posted from the FC editing posting menu bar so as to go directly through to his sites when clicked.

Nah, no web smartphone, only use a pc. I choose it this way.

Rasputin

Bobcat @ VLife. Le__Bobcat @ IG
no, @Shit Snacks, I want Dan to actually link the links he posted from the FC editing posting menu bar so as to go directly through to his sites when clicked.
Nah, no web smartphone, only use a pc. I choose it this way.

Hi Summer! Would it help to bookmark the IG link? https://www.instagram.com/modpod_labs/

Personally, I like to follow on IG because I can see the livestreams. Ryan (@RastaBuddhaTao ) streams often, not recently due to moving I presume. @supershredderdan live streams as well.

The live streams are nice to provide direct feeback and ask questions.

Uncertain if this would appeal to you, but I wanted to share my experience. Take care!!! ✌✌✌

Rasputin,

Summer

Long Island, NY
I'm on it @Hogni! I wrote this post hours ago, but forgot to actually post. :p

Thanks @Rasputin, but I have tons of bookmarks & as such I can't say they provide easy access. We're talking layers deep of bookmarks all organzied in folders & subfolders. :doh:

All I simply want is to for Dan to put these links in his signature, so everything I check the thread, I'll click through them to see if anything's new. I don't think it's too much to ask.

Dan already added this link to his signature. Thanks, Dan.
https://www.instagram.com/modpod_labs/

These are the remaining 2:

https://modpodlabs.com/

https://www.reddit.com/user/supershredderdan

supershredderdan

Manufacturer

I think the signature is set up correctly this time, I was on my phone for awhile sorry.

Since my last post we have been working on some website design and modeling the silicon StemPod sleeve. We got tracking that the part should deliver on the 16th so hopefully I have more to share tomorrow. after we receive the prototype, we will get pictures and set up the preorder page. Once we get enough preorders we can fund the first bulk order which will take about 3-5 weeks to arrive. allow another week for assembly then first preorders ship. that's my abstract timeline at the moment

Been following this thread.
I did not know modpod had a new website. Was refering to the old website. Did not know the stem pod was already available to preorder!

Now preordered. Think @supershredderdan could be missing out on customers here.

StemPod preorders aren't officially live yet, we are still redesigning the website. The buttons will work but I want to wait till we have everything in hand for the first prototype. also the 30$ bundle is a placeholder, not a real bundle we plan nor a correct price

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I think the signature is set up correctly this time, I was on my phone for awhile sorry.

Since my last post we have been working on some website design and modeling the silicon StemPod sleeve. We got tracking that the part should deliver on the 16th so hopefully I have more to share tomorrow. after we receive the prototype, we will get pictures and set up the preorder page. Once we get enough preorders we can fund the first bulk order which will take about 3-5 weeks to arrive. allow another week for assembly then first preorders ship. that's my abstract timeline at the moment

StemPod preorders aren't officially live yet, we are still redesigning the website. The buttons will work but I want to wait till we have everything in hand for the first prototype. also the 30$ bundle is a placeholder, not a real bundle we plan nor a correct price

I have paid by paypal already. Is that okay?

oddjobold,

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
Design is nearly complete on the "heat sleeve"

SVKeLaK.png

ePVCGTQ.png

Logo and product name are opposite of eachother. Sleeve will be made of silicon but is being 3d printed in rubber for testing purposes. 1.5mm thick as of right now.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Got to tune into the modpod live stream and man, Dan is such cool guy. He showed off his rips dry and through water and the abv looked great every time. Super impressive unit. This is one of those vapes that's going to make most portables look totally weak in comparison. The rips he showed look like straight combustion but the abv looked perfect bright brown.

He really knows his stuff with convection vapes too, works em like a champ. This man sure knows how to rip that thing like it's his last rip of the year.

Fun tuning in man, keep up the awesome work!!

Highly recommend checking him out on Instagram so you can tune in to his videos. Was so much fun and he's down to answer any questions you might have.

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
Got to tune into the modpod live stream and man, Dan is such cool guy. He showed off his rips dry and through water and the abv looked great every time. Super impressive unit. This is one of those vapes that's going to make most portables look totally weak in comparison. The rips he showed look like straight combustion but the abv looked perfect bright brown.

He really knows his stuff with convection vapes too, works em like a champ. This man sure knows how to rip that thing like it's his last rip of the year.

Fun tuning in man, keep up the awesome work!!

Highly recommend checking him out on Instagram so you can tune in to his videos. Was so much fun and he's down to answer any questions you might have.

Had a great time man thanks for dropping in, for anyone interested it's on my Instagram story for the next 24 hours. I go over the prototype features and use as well as the current status of our heat sleeve and preorder page plans. I'll post pictures once we have the final necessary pieces and get professional pics as I did with the last prototype. In the mean time I'll be streaming from time to time on insta so follow me if you want the latest day to day recaps.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
@supershredderdan. What is the planned dimensions of the stempod / modpod. Designing a SBS DNA enclosure. I know things are not finalised yet but a rough idea would be great. Gonna base it on the preorder splinter, so would be good to know if the diameter will be any bigger.

oddjobold,
Reactions: KeroZen

Summer

Long Island, NY
I'm not an instagram user, but I created an account. What's the 'story'? A link to the livefeed would be great. And how does one get notification of livefeeds?

Summer,
Reactions: Hogni

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
@supershredderdan. What is the planned dimensions of the stempod / modpod. Designing a SBS DNA enclosure. I know things are not finalised yet but a rough idea would be great. Gonna base it on the preorder splinter, so would be good to know if the diameter will be any bigger.

The Stempod is 45mm tall and 26mm wide. Been checking out the diagrams you posted, Looks really cool man!

I'm not an instagram user, but I created an account. What's the 'story'? A link to the livefeed would be great. And how does one get notification of livefeeds?

the story can be accessed by touching the user icon on the page or at the top bar on the homepage

if you want notifications, go to the ModPod_Labs page on IG and touch the three dots in the top right corner and choose the option "enable post notifications"

Edit: this is if you're on a smart phone with the app, I don't think you can view the stream on a computer

AJS

Calm Consistency
Here is a StemPod demo from cold to clouds for everyone who couldn't catch the stream last night. I've been really happy with how consistent performance has been with the prototype so far, i think it's nearly ready for market.

I imagined in your head after you showed the abv after the second hit you were saying "that's right combustion fuckers, fat hits and goddam perfect abv". But your humbled silence works too :)

Well done man!

Top Bottom