Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hm, never tried this. I clean all my vape gear frequently for taste, but this sounds enticing...
Yeah, I do miss the flavor of a clean stem. The four hour effects of the stem milk on my only attempt were enough to make me feel irresponsible just rinsing the reclaim in iso like I used to. I keep a few long XL8Rs in rotation, which helps a little.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Yeah, I do miss the flavor of a clean stem. The four hour effects of the stem milk on my only attempt were enough to make me feel irresponsible just rinsing the reclaim in iso like I used to. I keep a few long XL8Rs in rotation, which helps a little.
A dirty drink is a worthwhile sacrifice to enjoy a clean stem. Boil away! Now if my FlowerPot was not so good I'd have more stemtoxicating mornings, just waiting for someone to consume vape water. :bowdown:

YaMon,
Reactions: bossman

Jacer

I got my Z in yesterday, and man this thing RIPS. Really digging the upgraded power/heater on this compared to my V2, even though the V2 is already a killer vape. Currently running it on a RX Gen 3, and funkyjunk (lamart) just released an updated version of his software that can now run on the RX Gen 3/Dual. Does anybody have any experience setting the Z up with the Tubo software, and is it even a worthwhile endeavor? I want to get the most out of this beast

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Does anybody have any experience setting the Z up with the Tubo software, and is it even a worthwhile endeavor? I want to get the most out of this beast

I'm running my custom Z on a vtc mini with the Tubo firmware. Did only set resistance for the Tubo mode like it's said in the TETRAx manual. Cruise mode workes great, overall I find the whole TCR setup with the Tubo firmware way better than on my Paranormal with the DNA, where I'm only using wattage mode.

Jacer

I'm running my custom Z on a vtc mini with the Tubo firmware. Did only set resistance for the Tubo mode like it's said in the TETRAx manual. Cruise mode workes great, overall I find the whole TCR setup with the Tubo firmware way better than on my Paranormal with the DNA, where I'm only using wattage mode.
Awesome! Did you mess with the PID settings at all? Or are you just running standard TETRAx PID settings?

Jacer,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I got my Z in yesterday, and man this thing RIPS. Really digging the upgraded power/heater on this compared to my V2, even though the V2 is already a killer vape. Currently running it on a RX Gen 3, and funkyjunk (lamart) just released an updated version of his software that can now run on the RX Gen 3/Dual. Does anybody have any experience setting the Z up with the Tubo software, and is it even a worthwhile endeavor? I want to get the most out of this beast
The way to get the most out of a Z is to pair it with a color DNA mod. You just missed the Drone deal but I'll nudge this thread the next time I see one.

I recently got a backup Drone which matches my ZV1 so my first V2 is on a Paranormal now. I think it's the first time I've had enough color DNA mods to spare one for a V2 and I'm really enjoying it.

Jacer

The way to get the most out of a Z is to pair it with a color DNA mod. You just missed the Drone deal but I'll nudge this thread the next time I see one.

I recently got a backup Drone which matches my ZV1 so my first V2 is on a Paranormal now. I think it's the first time I've had enough color DNA mods to spare one for a V2 and I'm really enjoying it.
Yeah I saw the deal, I just can't justify buying another mod at the moment haha. Guess I should rephrase as get the most out of what I have already.

Jacer,
Reactions: bossman

paehtod

I updated my G3D to tubo firmware and try it with my purple heart custom Splinter Z after i watch your post, and its really impressive for me since i am a Watt guy :lol:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
and its really impressive for me since i am a Watt guy :lol:

Same here. Didn't expect it'll work so great, after messing around quite some time with TCR on DNA and allways came back to watts :)

edit:
May I ask your resistance? Mine is 0.234. You could try and go down with your resistance as described I think. You're Splinter seems to run a litte hot, as you are in Eco and only on 160°. Honestly I did't dare to use warm up as with the TETRAx, but I keep cruise running for minutes and it holds temperature.

Last edited:
Alex3oe,
Reactions: paehtod

paehtod

Same here. Didn't expect it'll work so great, after messing around quite some time with TCR on DNA and allways came back to watts :)

edit:
May I ask your resistance? Mine is 0.234. You could try and go down with your resistance as described I think. You're Splinter seems to run a litte hot, as you are in Eco and only on 160°. Honestly I did't dare to use warm up as with the TETRAx, but I keep cruise running for minutes and it holds temperature.

Yes its on the hot side but can be adjust by drawing quickly, resistance of mine original is 0.41 and i turn it down to 0.39, think i going to turn it down a lot...

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Yes its on the hot side but can be adjust by drawing quickly, resistance of mine original is 0.41 and i turn it down to 0.39, think i going to turn it down a lot...

Sorry, I've been wrong. Had a look after reading your resistance and wondering about the huge difference. The resistance of my Splinter Z is 0.404 :)

But nevertheless I'm not in Eco and need to go to 175° to get visible vape. To get material as dark as in your video, I've to go up to about 190° :huh:
That's what surprising me a bit

edit:
the Splinter HF is the one with 0.234, there this number I had in mind comes from, sorry again

Last edited:
Alex3oe,

Jacer

Sorry, I've been wrong. Had a look after reading your resistance and wondering about the huge difference. The resistance of my Splinter Z is 0.404 :)

But nevertheless I'm not in Eco and need to go to 175° to get visible vape. To get material as dark as in your video, I've to go up to about 190° :huh:
That's what surprising me a bit

edit:
the Splinter HF is the one with 0.234, there this number I had in mind comes from, sorry again
Are you running your resistance at .404 with the Splinter Z? Or did you turn it down to a custom resistance?

Jacer,

Jacer

@Jacer Sorry for the off topic but I too really like that tame impala album!:tup:
Tame Impala is never off topic :tup: Lonerism is my favorite album of all time, followed closely by Currents. I just really love Tame Impala lmao

no, hadn't to change it, it's on 0.404
Awesome, seems like I may have to give this a go later then if it takes such little tinkering

Kinick23

@Jacer i just setup the Tubo software on a G3D as well for a custom Z. The resistance defaulted to 4.3 initially and I didn’t realize, first hit 355F and it scorched the load.. I then drastically reduced down to like 2.1 and couldn’t get anything from it, settled on 4.1 right now and it’s working well but gonna keep messing with it in a range from 4.06 to 4.12 I think will be my sweet spot

Jacer

@Jacer i just setup the Tubo software on a G3D as well for a custom Z. The resistance defaulted to 4.3 initially and I didn’t realize, first hit 355F and it scorched the load.. I then drastically reduced down to like 2.1 and couldn’t get anything from it, settled on 4.1 right now and it’s working well but gonna keep messing with it in a range from 4.06 to 4.12 I think will be my sweet spot
Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely take that into account when I set mine up

Jacer,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I updated my G3D to tubo firmware and try it with my purple heart custom Splinter Z after i watch your post, and its really impressive for me since i am a Watt guy :lol:
Careful when you place fresh batteries in that mod, if it's rocking on weak batteries it will exceed expectations with freshies.

YaMon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom