jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I had spoken with Chris from 7th Floor this afternoon, very nice guy. He told me to measure the length of the wand and he would direct his glass maker to cut it to that size. It's 5". The standard that came with this unit is 6". I am still not at all sure as to why the 6" is providing such weak performance. My only guess is that the bowl is slightly deeper and possibly requires more material inside it so as to be equally close to the heater as my original 5" wand. In any event thanks Vito.

jeffp,
Reactions: Vitolo

11eleven11

Anybody use the Vapor tamer?

I'm currently reading posts about it from a search. Saw one guy saying it was "sweating glycerin" -- another guy said his was leaking glycerin. Is this really that common or what?

11eleven11,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use the Fatty Vapor tamer all the time.
I have ordered them for a dozen patients here locally and have
NEVER heard of the concept "sweating glycerin".. this is an impossibility.
Yes... units can break with abuse and glycerin can leak out.
I have had mine for two years, and I do not baby it.
It is fine.
NOTE:
many users will go to local headshops, and buy crappy gylcerin coolers.. and then they call them vapor tamers. They are ignorant and may think them similar, and they are not.
The headshop "wannabes" break easily

hoorah

Hey guys,

I was high (shockingly) and I dropped my whip mouth piece and it shattered. Where generally can you buy a new one? I moved house and lost the fucking pick too so i use a file to move it but I'd like a new one as well but where from? Im in SE Asia.

That's not all, I use to vape with 1 screen and get lots of wand hash after 10 days. But I kept getting shit in my mouth, so now I use 2 screens and I barely get any wand hash, when I do scrape it its so sticky it just gets stuck to my fingers or the pick an wasted, it's a fing pain to handle. Before it was sticky a bit but easy to roll into balls. What should I do? I have to clean vape every week as well with 2 screens, gets bunged up fast.

hoorah,
Hey guys i just purchased a SSV and im stoked about it, i was watching this one tutorial that said when i first get it i should let it run for 30 mins to get rid of the ceramic oils or something? im a total SSV noob is it bad to let it run for too long? any tips would be appreciated ima be looking at this forum :) for more info

laugingsodreamy12,

hoorah

Yes, let it heat it up for about 20 minutes to burn off all the manufacturing oils. No it's not bad to leave it running for long, but it's pointless leaving it running if your not gonna use it in say the next 30 minutes?

Isopropyl alcohol is your best friend for harvesting wand hash:tup:.
Hard to get Iso over 50-70% here, I use Acetone to clean and that can't be used to harvest wand hash :/

Vitolo

Vaporist
70% Iso will work better if it is warmed up prior to it's use.
A pencil with a new eraser on the end can be used in conjunction to poke around and help scrub the walls to remove any deposits.

hoorah

When using 1 screen, I could scrape it with the picker fine.

But with 2 screens, it's like super glue and oil mix, if you get it on your finger, and try to rub it off it doesn't go anywhere. And soap doesn't wash it off the fingers and it's wasted :/ it doesn't roll or crumple it's just super glue!

hoorah,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Been using the En Passant quite a bit lately. I have grown to absolutely love this thing! My vape is pretty damn easy to use. Turn the dial all the way up and it's at the absolute perfect temp. Enough to blow huge thick clouds of blue-tinged vapor all over the place, all damn day long.:) It's just all the way on or off. Nuts!

The Cloud on the other hand can combust far too easily. Still gets knock down hits every time though. That thing is like the race car or vapes. You can take your bud all the way to the limit, but most certainly cross it too if you aren't careful. I don't think I could ever combust with this particular SSV.

Whoever out there put together En Passant #14 did one HELL of a great job!

JJ420,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You can make almost any vaporizer combust
This is no exception.... and in fact.. your temp goes higher on this than on many....
this is a professional vaporist tool.. and there are no temperature settings.
It is done by "feel"

Vitolo,
Reactions: JJ420
eeek i dont like that my DV dont combust at all, why would they make a heating element surpass the vaping temperature? but at least you can see/feel if its combusting, how hot does this thing get? i realize theirs no temp gauge but i mean is it easy to burn your material cause i really wouldnt like that. bt i imagine since you remove the wand after each hit tis very easy not too burn it.

laugingsodreamy12,

Breathemetal

eeek i dont like that my DV dont combust at all, why would they make a heating element surpass the vaping temperature? but at least you can see/feel if its combusting, how hot does this thing get? i realize theirs no temp gauge but i mean is it easy to burn your material cause i really wouldnt like that. bt i imagine since you remove the wand after each hit tis very easy not too burn it.

No, it is not easy to combust.
I have yet to combust with my SSV and i vape near max temp as I prefer it at that range.
Like Vito said its all done by feel, it's not hard at all, dont let it scare you away. BUY IT

No, it is not easy to combust.
I have yet to combust with my SSV and i vape near max temp as I prefer it at that range.
Like Vito said its all done by feel, it's not hard at all, dont let it scare you away. BUY IT
I already did buy it XD heard nothing but good things about it, i should be getting both my replacement DV this week and my SSV this week so im pumped! I just really hate combustion and really dont want smoke in my lungs so your comment eased my mind, even at max temp what does your avb look like dark brown? and i know if you were hella trying you could combust in any vape really but seeing how you dont know the temp range i figured heck maybe it be easy to capcombust but now i realize you can always look at the material to see the color/status in the wand. i usually keep my DV at 370 and go up to 380 near the end of the bowl to finish it usually (unless really moist material).

so any tips? ive been watching vids on how to use it and etc etc i think im in good hands here i figured ill start lower temp and just kind of go up from their, i figure for the most part you wouldnt pass the "3 o clock" margin and usually keep it in the 1-2 oclock region? but i guess thats all opinion. i just dont want smoke and i like my AVB to come out dark brown, no trichomes no green brown/dark carmel colored thats were i like to be at with my bud

laugingsodreamy12,

Breathemetal

Mind you I use the SSV near max or @ max.
My ABV always ends up chocolate brown when I am done.
At this point there is minimal flavor and whispy vapor trails, so I put it in the ABV jar(s)

Tips? I recommend starting at a higher temp and working your way DOWN not UP.
I can get killer hits out of it at about any temp now, but at first i could only pull clouds at high temps.
I just prefer high temps now, but that doesn't mean low temps don't work!

What type of glass did you get? SG? SGG? or GG?

Breathemetal,
Reactions: JJ420

DeltaNine

I already did buy it XD heard nothing but good things about it, i should be getting both my replacement DV this week and my SSV this week so im pumped! I just really hate combustion and really dont want smoke in my lungs so your comment eased my mind, even at max temp what does your avb look like dark brown? and i know if you were hella trying you could combust in any vape really but seeing how you dont know the temp range i figured heck maybe it be easy to capcombust but now i realize you can always look at the material to see the color/status in the wand. i usually keep my DV at 370 and go up to 380 near the end of the bowl to finish it usually (unless really moist material).

so any tips? ive been watching vids on how to use it and etc etc i think im in good hands here i figured ill start lower temp and just kind of go up from their, i figure for the most part you wouldnt pass the "3 o clock" margin and usually keep it in the 1-2 oclock region? but i guess thats all opinion. i just dont want smoke and i like my AVB to come out dark brown, no trichomes no green brown/dark carmel colored thats were i like to be at with my bud

Hey there,

I began using my SSV at a lower temperature than I currently do. IMO this is the best way to learn the unit, at least if your concerned about smoke.
I have definitely seen my SSV at not even 3/4 knob turned fully cherry/burn bowls. Granted these occasions happened with friends who were inexperienced, but before I saw it happen I assumed the unit was very easy to use and that people would easily learn first use.

You will want to use the unit for a couple weeks probably, and select a max/min temp you like to vape at and I would personally mark those spots on your unit so it can be easily set. I like to hit 4 hits per wand, and I fill the chamber with about .2-.3 of material I would say. I gradually increase heat from min to max, and if its good enough quality or time isn't limiting me in any way, I will do 2 draws per temp increase (so 8 total). This technique will likely never burn a bowl, as you will see it brown well before you have too high of a temp, even if it's unusually dry material or something.

Anyways, great vape all around. I've used it with 9 of my glass water pieces, and I definitely recommend this if you are interested in vape bonging.

Also to anyone else looking at the SSV, it is also great for dabs. I have been dabbing with the Ti "Flavour" cup they sell with a dome for about 60$ + shipping. It is a nice way to replace a butane torch, which I personally do not want to use often, and have a nail that's always ready for a dab. Granted it's not quite as effective at flash vaporizing a dab like a torch heated nail, but it does a dab in a couple seconds which is still good.

If anyone is interested in the SSV dabbing attachment I would be happy to post a video of it in use, since it is a relatively new product I don't know if many users here have posted feedback on it.

Anyways hope you enjoy the SSV.

DAM lol cherry a bowl? why would they even set a vape temperature that high? thats what i dont understand. what were your friends doing to get that? most vapes arent supposed to get any hotter than 451 (combustion) but i will definetly start low at fist and work my way up and mark the spots thats a good idea definetly. when you take draws do you try to avoid slow draws due to the fact it produces more hot air? or that prob just depends on the temperature, i find it odd that theirs at least no dials to set it at? like even if its not the exact temp range something like the cano classic dial were you set it on numbers and it is somewhat in a range of temp.

Im super stoked for this SSV and will be experimenting with it definitely, sometimes my DV has trouble with moist material and i have to let it sit on a piece of paper for a day or two before it really vapes better is this the same with the SSV (or any other vape)? or does it do better with moist material? as long as it aint super easy to combust im going to be happy, and when you take the wand out it also stops any unnecessary continuos vaping of the material i assume? lol I'm lost to think why they made it even be able to get that hot? the whole point of a vape is to not combust. ive tried combusting with the DV too its not easy to do even at 405F (max temp) but is possible. im sure all my expectations will be met and im sure at first i will suck at using it haha ill have to learn how to use it.

laugingsodreamy12,

DeltaNine

DAM lol cherry a bowl? why would they even set a vape temperature that high? thats what i dont understand. what were your friends doing to get that?

Firstly, They were inhaling very slowly. That is 100% why it was burning. It's the same reason as to why the vape gets so hot.
Here's why:
Fast draws will pull air quickly over the heating element, allowing less time to be heated. This means the air passing your bowl is not in fact the temperature you might expect it to be.
Slow draws, by contrast, obviously heat the air more substantially and if your at a high enough temperature it may burn too.

We could both vaporize the SSV immediately after one another at the same temperature and one of us might not even get a cloud, while the other could get a huge cloud.

That is somewhat of an extreme example but I want to help you see the difference, and that it ultimately is 100% up to the user to learn their unit and favorable temperatures.

A tip I would offer, is that the whip mouthpiece will inhale fairly slowly and may require a lower temperature than what you prefer for a water pipe. This could either be because the mouthpiece creates a bottleneck for airflow, or because most water pipes have larger mouth piece openings and as such force you to do a more of a deep lung inhale. Drag added by percolators/downstems etc will also be a factor to consider.

Now, if the vape only got hot enough to vaporize, but not combust, users who inhale at a faster rate by preference will be at a disadvantage and will have to use the unit in an undesirable way. As you can see above, someone said they use max, and never burn. I expect he uses a low drag water pipe and/or inhales much faster than some users who recommend 12 o'clock on the temperature dial.

A second more simple reason to justify the hotness, is that 7th floor has created a titanium dabbing attachment. If your unfamiliar with dabbing, it typically requires a titanium nail and torch to heat the nail sufficiently for a dab (you literally heat the metal to a glowing red). Although it doesn't get red hot, it sits directly atop the heating element, and maximum heat for this purpose is desirable to achieve a proper dab.

Im super stoked for this SSV and will be experimenting with it definitely, sometimes my DV has trouble with moist material and i have to let it sit on a piece of paper for a day or two before it really vapes better is this the same with the SSV (or any other vape)? or does it do better with moist material?

I have used very fresh (moist) material, and I have to say that dry will absolutely work better. Still, it is 100% capable of vaping a moist material too. It will essentially give you a few weaker hits while the material dries further, and then it will cloud like normal. Stirring often would be best, dry or not, to avoid overheating the center of the bowl.

If your material is moist, one thing you can do is set your min temp, and hit it a few extra times. If you start to see more vapor, you can increase temp, and if you stop seeing vapor (but had seen some in previous hits) turn up temp slighlty and stir. You will learn how to use it well quickly, it's not hard at all. If you use a water pipe ALWAYS stir thoroughly, try and scoop the edges of the screen stuff to the middle. You will be amazed when you think your done a bowl, and give it a stir and get another cloud.

I am totally noob to vapes but ive mastered my DV so far and i know exactly what your talking about with the stirring and getting better draws. Ive learned alot about vaping at first it was weird to get it down after smoking for so long, im sure itll be like that with the SSV (but not as bad because now i know how vaping works more). i totally get ya though i have to just see what works best for me, hmmmm now that i think about it i do medium draws not fast but not slow just consistant long draws. what your personal preferance? im prob going to be a slower draw guy so ill keep the temp down, ill try both though of course so basically the lower the temp the slower the draw? the higher the temp the faster the draw, makes sense.

I figured when i get it ill start somewere around 11/12 oclock and see were that gets me going. thank you deltanine for the great information its much appreciated. thank you everyone for the information. i think without this website i woulda loss my mind haha ive learned so much.

laugingsodreamy12,

DeltaNine

ill try both though of course so basically the lower the temp the slower the draw? the higher the temp the faster the draw, makes sense.

Exactly.

I personally started out with the whip only for a few months.. I could fully vaporize a bowl from 11-1 (min/max temp positions).

With a water pipe, it depends which one I use, but usually I go 12-2 roughly.
Here take a look: (these are my typical min/max markings for water pipes)

Also, No problem -- Glad I could help a bit. I often have many questions when approaching a new 420 device, and it certainly is great to have various online communities like this to direct such questions to!

DeltaNine,

hoorah

I don't even have mine half way and sometimes it's nearly black, I prefer orangey brown AVB.

hoorah,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Tips? I recommend starting at a higher temp and working your way DOWN not UP.

^Best advice for the SSV right thurr!;) I spent months working my way up to the top of the dial until I came to realize the optimal range pretty much falls anywhere between 80 to 100%. I use mine at max all of the time now and that really helps with the vape's efficiency. Just a single massive rip and I'm good to go... so one bowl can easily last throughout the day, especially if I'm working.

JJ420,
Top Bottom