• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
It's all good. Feel free to make a thread in the Vapor Lounge if you just wanna shoot the shit. :)

vtac,

tokinGLX

Cannabudz said:
What will sway me on the ssv vs da buddha is the one performing best as a vape and aromatherapy "medicinal" unit, i really like the idea of vaping and diffusing @ the same time, I value setting and multi layered sensory input, cause im keen to explore the mind body connection @ lenth
:o
both units are excellent choices, both are able to be used to get high and diffuse aromatherapy oils at the same time but in the end i do prefer all of the things that the ssv offers over dbv.

tokinGLX,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Cool tokinGLX but what makes the SSV stand out for you ,has taste anything to do with it or ease of use:)

Cannabudz,

max

Out to lunch
I can tell you that these two are too similar for there to be any difference worth mentioning as far as taste . The biggest difference is at the heater cover. A larger opening on the DBV cover means more air entering the bowl and with wider dispersion than the SSV. This gives the SSV slightly richer hits (higher vapor to air ratio), but also means you have to move the whip around a little (not really a chore) to expose more of the herb to the narrow stream of air. The other difference is the horizontal angle and hands free connection. I like the SSV angle and don't need or want hands free, and this was the main reason I chose it over the DBV. The horizontal angle also gives the DBV an edge if you want hands free. Gravity and wear (over time) may not be kind to the SSV if you choose the optional ground glass connection. The optional hands free adapter for the Surfer lets you use it that way when you want, but it's not as convenient as gg.

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
hey guys ive been lurking for a while, i originally found these forums looking for info on the extreme, and after reading all the extreme threads (yes all of them... when i find something new and shiney i reasearch it obsessively) and concluded that it need some refinement by the company

so ive decided im going to get a ssv, which is rather funny, because i was reading about the ssv (on the shroomery) when i found out about extreme in the first place

i wont be getting a vape for several months still, until after i get a med card (one of cali's main redeeming features for me :D), ill hang out here for a while and contribute my :2c: when i feel like it

tokinglx, you were one of the main people who made me decide to go with the ssv, i intend to make good on the 10% discount that your name holds ;)
your one gram challenge videos were fucking awesome :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

tokinGLX

ive yet to come across anyone who has regretted getting a ssv, be sure to let us know just what you do think of it when you get it in hand
(':

the ogc was fun, i recommend every vaper try it at least once.
....just make sure you dont have any big plans for the next few hours, cuz youll be fairly dazed the rest of the day :o:D:brow:

tokinGLX,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, i think i like the simplicity of the analogue dial over a digital displya anyway, and the higher temps would allow for use of different substances

omfg i cant even imagine smoking a gram of med.... i would smoke 2 hits of some med blueberry out of my pipe and i would be fucked up beyond belief :ninja: im sensitive as is :lol:

i must try it!!!

Acolyte of Zinglon,

max

Out to lunch
You'll love the Surfer Acolyte. :tup: Since your purchase will be a ways off, you may want to think about buying a knob you like off their site, and asking for a heater cover that goes with your knob of choice. Pretty sure they'll do this for you, and this way you get a unit with colors that you picked out. Give them a call (you'll probably talk to Tina or Steve) and see if this is cool with them. If so they can hold your knob and cover and install when you order the SSV. If you do this make sure you remind them of your knob and cover when ordering the SSV.

max,
Reactions: L o s

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
im thinking one with a color scheme like cdxx's... black on purple base, then just ask for darkblue and purple as the colors for the knob and the cover, i like the beuty in simplicity, thats one of the main reasons ive chosen the ssv over the extreme

what are the mushroom/flower beads on the knobs? ive been looking for detailed info
is that waht the thing on the side of this knob is?
c6acabda.pageCache.jpg

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
ya, i think i like the simplicity of the analogue dial over a digital displya anyway, and the higher temps would allow for use of different substances
Yep, the SSV is a great example of analog > digital.

If I remember correctly (please correct me, tokinGLX), maxed out, the temp is around 800F, so tons of room there.

vtac,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, the top limit is another of the major putoffs of the extreme for me, i dont like limitations like that

plus i want to try vaping slavia, which requires a higher temp than the extreme offers

Acolyte of Zinglon,

spyder

I stand corrected...

from their website
The element is fully adjustable from 200F all the way up to 900F.

spyder,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Ok so tell me expert's 900f, are those rich hit's (huge smoke ring's) largely carbon monxide(company say's 80 to 90% cleaner) and other nasties, or r we talkin pure THC vapor, i'm just a li'll confused now, My main ambition is not to smoke ever again, just vape

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
/\

My favorite spot on the dial is around 12:30 -- nowhere near 900F. The big hits in that video were the result of really good herb, hitting it properly and good lighting.

At the temp I use it's impossible (in my experience) to combust. Most people seem to like it higher, I prefer to keep it low and draw slow. After those hits the bud was still green, don't worry. ;)

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
I don't know what you'd vaporize at 900 degrees. Zinc, tin, and lead all have melting points below that. Combustion for mj is approx. 450-500 F.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Salvia possibly. Relax guys we aren't hitting it at 900. :lol:

vtac,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Cool V tac, i understand, just hearing it goes up to 900f, i was thinking is it smoke or not, when using the vaporite i could get thick vapor, looking like light smoke, but my Canna was scorched black and tasted burn't, not what were all here for

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
salvinorin a vaporizes around 240c (470f)

lol im in cali and im used to celcius... i had to look up the conversion

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
It's cool to know what it vaporises @, but how does as average aussie find some, or connect with the right peop's, guess i'm nearly there having a PC:D

Cannabudz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cannabudz said:
It's cool to know what it vaporises @, but how does as average aussie find some, or connect with the right peop's, guess i'm nearly there having a PC:D
Salvia? Looks like Australia is one of the only countries that have a restriction on it. :\ Can buy it at a headshop in North America.

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
salvinorin a vaporizes around 240c (470f)
Hmm thought it was higher. Maybe just on the brink before combustion... Would be interesting to see.

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I wonder if 900F is referring more to the element itself than the max airstream temp..

vtac,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
either way its still very hot, hotter than many other vapes get

ive heard of ppl successfully vaping salvia out of a vaporwarez, they did 1/4 bowl od plain leaf (not extract) and broke through rather spectacylarly

you can absorb much more salvinorin in a shorter time without the combustion product to obstruct it, and its active in the 400 microgram range

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Top Bottom