• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Concerned Mother

@Philabrookla
That looks like my bong set up but I chose not to use silicone for a seal but rather my hand. I basically just wrap my thumb and middle finger around the joint between the bong bowl and the glass wand. And yes, the flavor improves a lot without the whip -and vaping is all about vapor purity(/flavor) imo.

@hoptimum
A spherical one.

Last edited:
Concerned Mother,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Here's an item that might solve your needs.
an all glass whip for the vapor brothers
someone here will know if it's compatible with the SSV
it might be because the VB mini whip is compatible.
If it is you are golden

jeffp,

Concerned Mother

Thanks, that’s a nice looking ’whip’. If one has a VB at least. I’m not so sure about using one with a SSV as it would be pointed downwards as the VB heater is pointed upwards and the SSVs downwards.

I find it odd that elev8 does’nt make bongs and bubblers where the bowl is replaced by the spherical connection of a glass wand. That and glass screens would be really nice. At least downstems with the sperical connection though they would possibly be prone to breakage due to the weight.

Last edited:
Concerned Mother,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
You know, the VB is also an excellent vaporizer and very similar to the surfer in alot of ways.
If you can get your hands on one, it's a possible way to go.
Another option if i may throw you a curve is to take a look at the Magic Flight Launch Box
with a glass mouthpiece stem.

Concerned Mother

Well, I am on a tight budget and am thinking that I should’nt spend more money om vapes unless it’s towards my end game or, all glass air path with water filtration, or near there. I was lucky enough to get ahold of a lightly used SSV at less than 100€ incl. shipping within the EU. All glass seems hard to get ahold of so I might save up to buy a herborizer with the herborizer bubbler. Although I absolutely love vaponic and Eagle Bill’s shake & bake when heated on a stove. Mistvapes vaponic could have been perfect for me as I’m mainly into hash and it’s the only really good hash vape that I have tried, but I believe that procution of them has stopped. I am wondering how I would use the vaponic on a glass bubbler as there are’nt ant WPAs that I am aware of.

The shake & bake is about the lung & airway friendliest vape that I know of or at least have owned as there’s time for the vapor to cool off a little and you can take just the tiniest of hits to clear the tiny chamber once vapor is produced - no lung busting long, slow drags needed. You just have to make sure to seal the top off with a cork or the vapor will escape from the pretty much open top. Unfortunately I have broken my 20(?) year old EBsS&B and the new ones don’t look to have the same small bowl which fit me so perfectly. I have a lung disease and am bordering asthma btw.

I already have a MFLB with a glass mouthpiece but have stopped using it after learning that the heating element is basically made up of copper rods and copper solder underneath the steel screen. I’ve also learned that batteries can release steam which could be inhaled which of course makes it even less interesting for me.

hoptimum

@Philabrookla
That looks like my bong set up but I chose not to use silicone for a seal but rather my hand. I basically just wrap my thumb and middle finger around the joint between the bong bowl and the glass wand. And yes, the flavor improves a lot without the whip -and vaping is all about vapor purity(/flavor) imo.

@hoptimum
A spherical one.
I made an all glass air path by replacing a Silver Surfer heater cover with a Life Saber heater cover, which points up instead of out. I use a glass J hook on top, connected with a glass adapter.

Concerned Mother

I find it odd that elev8 does’nt make bongs and bubblers where the bowl is replaced by the spherical connection of a glass wand. That and glass screens would be really nice. At least downstems with the sperical connection though they would possibly be prone to breakage due to the weight.
Actually, maybe just a spherical ’bowl’ which one could replace the bowl on a regular bong with would be the best. Like, the spherical connection on one end and a standard gong on the other. I’d buy one for sure. It’d probably solve my problem too.

@hoptimum
That sounds nice but at the same time not what I’m after. Such a short air path would only make the inhaled vapor hotter and harsher and I’m trying to achieve the opposite.

Concerned Mother,

hoptimum

Actually, maybe just a spherical ’bowl’ which one could replace the bowl on a regular bong with would be the best. Like, the spherical connection on one end and a standard gong on the other. I’d buy one for sure. It’d probably solve my problem too.

@hoptimum
That sounds nice but at the same time not what I’m after. Such a short air path would only make the inhaled vapor hotter and harsher and I’m trying to achieve the opposite.

The j-hook is not a short air path

Concerned Mother

The j-hook is not a short air path
The more I think about it that sounds like a really nice set up. So you’ve got the power knob pointed against you? Can you upload a photo?

I’m concidering asking if elev8 will make me a custom bowl and what it’d cost me.

Concerned Mother,

Hippie

I use RBT XL8R style stems with the LSV heater cover
Stem packing or a top hat (or rimless) both work well altho neither are really all glass as both require a screen
The ModPod cooling stem is a similar looking thing with a glass screen, and Lamart sell an adapter with a glass screen, if you're trying to eliminate the screens

Concerned Mother

That’s interesting. The LSV opens up possibilities that I had never concidered. I’ve never owned a vaporizer, desktop at least, with the possibilities to hook it up to glass like this before and it’s something that i really like about the SSV. Or I had never concidered it before at least, as I do own a arizer EQ since at least 6-7 years

Am I alone in feeling that the SSV (with the arizer bucket screen mod) hits harder than the volcano classic?

Concerned Mother,
Reactions: Flow

Flow

The more I think about it that sounds like a really nice set up. So you’ve got the power knob pointed against you? Can you upload a photo?

I’m concidering asking if elev8 will make me a custom bowl and what it’d cost me.

turn SSV 90°, use with JHook.Ground heater cover on SSV, 19mm Male JHook with rimed basket and go.
You can althought add some 19F/M connection to get more distance between heater and botanical. ;)

Concerned Mother

@Flow
That’s a nice set up. I have’nt been doing glass connections other than the basic arizer EQ set up until I got the SSV and am loving the possibilities it opens up.

@hoptimum
That’s what I was imagining. The long j-hook as well. i like it. My hook is shorter but that can be fixed with little glass in between. I’d probably prefer to have my hook elevated a bit anyway. I’m digging the zebra knob btw. I bought my SSV and it’s....kind of christmas themed lol. The unit itself is a basic silver, the knob is red/white striped and the heater cover and wpa are green :lol: The bong has red lettering on it as well so it’s basically a christmas themed set up. I just need to get it some blinking LEDs :lol:

howie105

Using an LSV, ELEV8R glass screen bowl and a glass stem is an useable setup, adapting such options to the Surfer should be doable. Concerns that may be of note, vape temperatures may need to be adjusted up or down depending on load placement and what is being vaped, hash, weed, ect.

Possible links of interest.

Last edited:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I meant to write that I bought my SSV second hand so I did’nt get to choose how it looks.

Second hand SSV here also, in fact over the years I've bought 4 other second hand SSVs as giveaway items to friends.
They're so durable with high quality parts, and simple, that a person can pretty much rest easy buying one used.
And they're easy to find.

Concerned Mother

@howie105
Thanks! That’s probably a better option than the all glass wand as it’d be more easily cleaned.

@jeffp
I agree. Though second hand SSVs bother me a little in that it’s AC current direct from the wall outlet and a metal housing so should the wiring fail or be tampered with they could be very dangerous. You’re also meant to open them up and rewire them occasionally to replace the heater. But I guess that the risk is low as they’ve sold loads of them and should one have that wiring failure elev8 would probably have been be sued out of business knowing how the US laws are surrounding these matters.

Second hand SSVs are’nt that common or cheap in the EU from what I’ve seen from looking at classifieds. I am aware that the are cheap and plenty in the US where the primary market for them are. The EU does’nt even have good distribution of SSVs and their accessories from what I’ve seen.

badbee

should the wiring fail or be tampered with they could be very dangerous
This is true, but also true of every appliance in your house. You are more likely to get shocked by one of your lamps or a poorly wired wall switch. The design of these things is incredibly simple, there just isn't much that can go wrong. The trick is in the tuning of the power level and constructing a good clean air path.

My SSV works great, it was $40 off Craigslist and looks like it fell down a flight of stairs :)

hoptimum

Old 7th Floor vapes never die, they evolve.
Just like us
@howie105
Thanks! That’s probably a better option than the all glass wand as it’d be more easily cleaned.

@jeffp
I agree. Though second hand SSVs bother me a little in that it’s AC current direct from the wall outlet and a metal housing so should the wiring fail or be tampered with they could be very dangerous. You’re also meant to open them up and rewire them occasionally to replace the heater. But I guess that the risk is low as they’ve sold loads of them and should one have that wiring failure elev8 would probably have been be sued out of business knowing how the US laws are surrounding these matters.

Second hand SSVs are’nt that common or cheap in the EU from what I’ve seen from looking at classifieds. I am aware that the are cheap and plenty in the US where the primary market for them are. The EU does’nt even have good distribution of SSVs and their accessories from what I’ve seen.
all of my 7th Floor vapes are second hand too, and they all work well.

simplicity of design, reliability and versatility are hallmarks of the SSV, DBV and LSV. They’re a lot of fun to play with and many pieces are interchangeable.

If anything breaks, the parts, including the ceramic heater, are user replaceable and the company is very helpful in resolving issues.

it’s a shame they aren’t more available in Europe, which could be a good market

Last edited:

Concerned Mother

@badbee
Most appliances in my home uses a transformer and circuit boards in a plastic housing, not DC current through wires that the common user is meant to cut and fix in a metal housing.

@hoptimum
I agree. I’ve played with the thought of hanging SSV, though the DBV would be better, on a wall with the heater pointed downwards as my main problem with the SSV is the material falling out of the basket screen or the basket screen itself falling out. Minivap baskets help with this a bit as they’re deeper than the arizer ones. Possibly the biggest problem I have with it is what to do with the whip which constantly flops around hitting the glass mputhpiece on things, is in the way and falls on the floor. So far I’ve broken glass pieces on both the SSV and the arizer EQ this way. I’ve thought about constructing a wooden box for it with hangers for both ends of the whip but in the end it’d be too much of an effort since I don’t have access to a work shop.

Concerned Mother,
Reactions: hoptimum
Top Bottom