• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

vape>comb

I'm running a LSV from Vapefiend with an UK-EU adapter for a few bucks with no problems :)

But the mentioned French are good too, very friendly and great CS:
https://lacentralevapeur.com/vaporisateurs-fixes/23081129-silver-surfer-vaporizer-2019-ou-ssv.htm

I'm allways lurking at the Cosmetic Seconds at the ELEV8R page, seem to be fantastic deals, but if you add shipping and customs and VAT, it makes no sense to order from the US.
Not to mention the missing CE. If you're unlucky your device will be sent back or even more bad, destroyed :(
I do Have an adapter at home already. Sometimes travel to UK for work. But the idea of needing an adapter is just not something I want to deal with. Luckily you and some fellow FC members showed me some links for french shops. Very happy with this people thanks a lot!!

I am using Google Translate to read their shipping information, and so far it seems like I have a few options. Man, man, new doors are opening. France has some very good vapeshops that DONT show up on any google hits. the only t hing that does not have a presence in my country but does show up is Vapefiend.

I found the webshop mentioned in a trustpilot kind of site as well HERE. Seems Legit, in fact Looks very good. Will be getting an SSV AND a Rasta Santa Cruz Shredder. It better not be one of them fake ones. 3 piece no filter, amazing!

A friend has an experience with those guys and they are solid. Also best price for the SSV,i dunno how it gets with shipping though. 188,90 €
Thank you so much mate! Really happy you sent this to me :) Already filled up my basket with an SSV plus grinder. This really makes things easier for me. Hopefully it will be in this week. I will look into a good portable vaporizer as well (Mighty or TinyMight (if available)), and I will hopefully totally convert to vaping!

EDIT:
@Abysmal Vapor Any idea why this SSV is about 50 euro's more expensive than some other French shops? They say SSV 2019 but as far as I know the SSV hasn't been revised in more than a decade, correct? Is it just a marketing stunt?

I mean this one from sfactory is literally 70 euro's cheaper and sfactory seems to be a very good eshop looking at reviews. Already have the SSV in my basket along with a santa cruz 4 piece. I see the USA shops sell the SSV for 250 dollars. Normally 250 dollars means 250+ euro's. Is sfactory's price too suspiscious? I tend to say No, because vapefiend sells an SSV for 180 pounds. Hmm...

Last edited:
vape>comb,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Vital

I do Have an adapter at home already. Sometimes travel to UK for work. But the idea of needing an adapter is just not something I want to deal with. Luckily you and some fellow FC members showed me some links for french shops. Very happy with this people thanks a lot!!

I am using Google Translate to read their shipping information, and so far it seems like I have a few options. Man, man, new doors are opening. France has some very good vapeshops that DONT show up on any google hits. the only t hing that does not have a presence in my country but does show up is Vapefiend.

I found the webshop mentioned in a trustpilot kind of site as well HERE. Seems Legit, in fact Looks very good. Will be getting an SSV AND a Rasta Santa Cruz Shredder. It better not be one of them fake ones. 3 piece no filter, amazing!

Thank you so much mate! Really happy you sent this to me :) Already filled up my basket with an SSV plus grinder. This really makes things easier for me. Hopefully it will be in this week. I will look into a good portable vaporizer as well (Mighty or TinyMight (if available)), and I will hopefully totally convert to vaping!

EDIT:
@Abysmal Vapor Any idea why this SSV is about 50 euro's more expensive than some other French shops? They say SSV 2019 but as far as I know the SSV hasn't been revised in more than a decade, correct? Is it just a marketing stunt?

I mean this one from sfactory is literally 70 euro's cheaper and sfactory seems to be a very good eshop looking at reviews. Already have the SSV in my basket along with a santa cruz 4 piece. I see the USA shops sell the SSV for 250 dollars. Normally 250 dollars means 250+ euro's. Is sfactory's price too suspiscious? I tend to say No, because vapefiend sells an SSV for 180 pounds. Hmm...

Yes, the Silver Surfer has been upgraded/improved...the newer SSV has an easy to remove/change heater cover. It also has the Spherical Ground Glass Heater cover and wand (my favorite of the three, and costs more). The Santa Cruz Shredder you are looking at appears to have the newer trapezoidal shaped teeth, again preferable to the older square teeth IMHO. Yes, the Santa Cruz Shredder gives a perfect grind for the SSV...nice and fluffy.

Hope that helps...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@vape>come I think you are overthinking it. Price differences like that are pretty normal . Depends on what are the stock prices the re-seller received,You never know which hole of the riddle is he.They vary by ammount and time ordered i imagine,also some companies like planete S factory have the habbit of running non-stop promos and trying to get rid of old stock. You can see the Destockage section on the site,if your SSV was the old model it would have been listed there. Just shoot the company a message i am sure they will respond :). I suggest keep an eye what happens with prices on next Black Friday, and you will see that sellers are able to go pretty low in pricing and still maintain profit,so it up to a personal preference how much would one want to earn over the base price.

vape>comb

Yes, the Silver Surfer has been upgraded/improved...the newer SSV has an easy to remove/change heater cover. It also has the Spherical Ground Glass Heater cover and wand (my favorite of the three, and costs more). The Santa Cruz Shredder you are looking at appears to have the newer trapezoidal shaped teeth, again preferable to the older square teeth IMHO. Yes, the Santa Cruz Shredder gives a perfect grind for the SSV...nice and fluffy.

Hope that helps...
The word "helpful" is very much associated with Vital(edited, im stoned lol) for me lately. Thanks again for the info mate!

I reckon the price is low because it is an older model. The natural question now is: should I look for a newer model? Is it worth it if it is just 80 euros more expensive? Or is it just a small added conveniece?

Cheers people!

Last edited:

Vital

The word "helpful" is very much associated with Vitol for me lately. Thanks again for the info mate!

I reckon the price is low because it is an older model. The natural question now is: should I look for a newer model? Is it worth it if it is just 80 euros more expensive? Or is it just a small added conveniece?

Cheers people!

I'm Vital, but thanks for the compliment...I knew who you meant, and you are most welcome. ;)

Yes, in my humble opinion (IMHO) it's worth it for the newer model.

nonamekevin

The word "helpful" is very much associated with Vitol for me lately. Thanks again for the info mate!

Cheers people!
80 euros is like, $90 dollars or so? So $90 bucks for the spherical heater cover and wand, and the new heater stand? I would pick up the older model and upgrade the stand. The heater stand with the shims isn't the best design ever, which is why they came out with their new design. If you want to use concentrates, then you would need the spherical wand, as I don't think the flavor disks fit the hand blown wands.

Again, for an 80 euro difference, I would snag the older model and pick up a new heater stand. Save the extra cash for medicine.

vape>comb

One can consume CANNABIS in FRANCE?

IF extreme high stone in the zone is your deal the SILVER SURFER is for you!
And if getting smecced in a sec, is my deal? What then?

France is still illegal to my knowledge. Netherlands it is a grayzone. You can buy and possess up to 5 grams. But technically the police can confiscate it from you. They just tolerate it rather than legilize it. Called something like "tolerated policy" (gedoogd beleid) in dutch. Very weird and crooked. It means most weed bought in shops is grown illegally in sheds with no good regulation. Going off topic sorry.

But the french buy and sell the SSV so that dutch flower could be vaped! France is a few hours away by car. Paris about 5 6 hours.

@nonamekevin thanks for the valuable advice. Will look into availability of those accessories. I only do flower so no oil/wax nails/bowls needed anyway.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
And if getting smecced in a sec, is my deal? What then?

France is still illegal to my knowledge. Netherlands it is a grayzone. You can buy and possess up to 5 grams. But technically the police can confiscate it from you. They just tolerate it rather than legilize it. Called something like "tolerated policy" (gedoogd beleid) in dutch. Very weird and crooked. It means most weed bought in shops is grown illegally in sheds with no good regulation. Going off topic sorry.

But the french buy and sell the SSV so that dutch flower could be vaped! France is a few hours away by car. Paris about 5 6 hours.
I lived in FRANCE for 5 year’s the first part of the 90’s!
Very fun there?
Wasn’t CANNABIS first introduced to the west there?
I never understood why it is not legal like other stuff that is helpful?

SSV will put one in a self induced coma!

Vital

If you look closely at the pictures on the website you are looking at, their SSV has the Standard Ground Glass heater cover and wand, just like DaBuddah. Newer SSV's have a spherical Ground Glass heater cover and wand, the Spherical Ground glass is the best IMHO. The SGG wand has a larger bowl, and gives you the most even heating of your herb because you can move the wand around without braking the seal.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Has anyone confirmed if the original hand blown wand works with the spherical heater cover? If it does, I assume the HFA can also be used?

Still haven't obtained the pieces to make this SSV operational, so I'm still collecting ideas. Also, nobody responded to the question about who uses their SSV/Sup daily. That makes me think that the vape isn't popular for some reason, cause usually someone speaks up. :shrug:

From those who have an SSV/Sup, what is it about the vape that makes you reach for something else on a daily basis? Ritual of the vape doesn't fit your needs? Not strong enough? Too slow? Truly interested.
The only reason I wouldn't use my Silver Surfer daily is that I'd be using my Super Surfer. Both work great, and I have both out and plugged in. The flavor disc fits both wands with no adjustment. My SSV was a factory blem, and I still can't find the "defect". They are a great deal, and if you call in someone might check to see if there is a color you might like. I believe most are silver, but base color and knobs will vary. You can get huge clouds without beads, but some like them. I don't want to deal with them, but it doesn't hurt to try different things if it's of interest to you. Steve just put a new video up about how to get huge clouds with no beads. I'm content with a lower setting, but did try his method. It worked for me.
Not everything in my reply is in relation to the daily driver inquiry. I just saw a few issues on the last few pages, and wanted to respond. I strongly encourage new members to read threads about their vapes as far back as they can. Something like the SSV that has been around awhile has a lot of great information. It's not a new vape, so older members won't necessarily answer questions that they know are already covered many times in the threads. It doesn't hurt to ask, but a little digging yields many treasures. I do understand that not everyone wants to read old threads, but wanted to mention why you might not get prompt and enthusiastic responses about older vapes.

Last edited:

nonamekevin

The only reason I wouldn't use my Silver Surfer daily is that I'd be using my Super Surfer. Both work great, and I have both out and plugged in. The flavor disc fits both wands with no adjustment. My SSV was a factory blem, and I still can't find the "defect". They are a great deal, and if you call in someone might check to see if there is a color you might like. I believe most are silver, but base color and knobs will vary. You can get huge clouds without beads, but some like them. I don't want to deal with them, but it doesn't hurt to try different things if it's of interest to you. Steve just put a new video up about how to get huge clouds with no beads. I'm content with a lower setting, but did try his method. It worked for me.
Not everything in my reply is in relation to the daily driver inquiry. I just saw a few issues on the last few pages, and wanted to respond. I strongly encourage new members to read threads about their vapes as far back as they can. Something like the SSV that has been around awhile has a lot of great information. It's not a new vape, so older members won't necessarily answer questions that they know are already covered many times in the threads. It doesn't hurt to ask, but a little digging yields many treasures. I do understand that not everyone wants to read old threads, but wanted to mention why you might not get prompt and enthusiastic responses about older vapes.
Thanks for the info @Madri-Gal, I appreciate it. :tup:

snamuh

ghost
Just a heads up, I made a request for black when ordering my blemished da buddah and I got silver. So asking on he order form doesn't make a difference. Calling might.

Vital

Has anyone confirmed if the original hand blown wand works with the spherical heater cover? If it does, I assume the HFA can also be used?

Still haven't obtained the pieces to make this SSV operational, so I'm still collecting ideas. Also, nobody responded to the question about who uses their SSV/Sup daily. That makes me think that the vape isn't popular for some reason, cause usually someone speaks up. :shrug:

From those who have an SSV/Sup, what is it about the vape that makes you reach for something else on a daily basis? Ritual of the vape doesn't fit your needs? Not strong enough? Too slow? Truly interested.

No, the original hand blown glass wand is not shaped to mate with the spherical ground glass heater cover.

No, the HFA (hands free adapter) for the Spherical Ground Glass Wand has a larger opening than the Standard HFA.

I hope this answers your questions...

Pursewarden_sPast

So my quartz heater enhancement tube should be arriving soon. Very interested in seeing how it affects performance! And very glad I don't have to order glass beads from some place online where I can't be 100% sure they are pure quartz (when trying to find a trustworthy source online, it was surprisingly challenging and the sources I did find were mostly etsy and ebay which, when it comes to something I'll be heating and inhaling, are just a bit too unestablished for me to trust entirely).

https://www.elev8glassgallery.com/quartz-heater-enhancement-tube/

nonamekevin

So my quartz heater enhancement tube should be arriving soon. Very interested in seeing how it affects performance! And very glad I don't have to order glass beads from some place online where I can't be 100% sure they are pure quartz (when trying to find a trustworthy source online, it was surprisingly challenging and the sources I did find were mostly etsy and ebay which, when it comes to something I'll be heating and inhaling, are just a bit too unestablished for me to trust entirely).

That's a good move on 7th floor. But real quick, I know @Ramahs mentioned that with the SSV, his herb is somewhat dark with the unit turned all the way up. Anyone else feel like they can't get their herb dark enough without beads/enhancement?

Just checked the elev8 site, and noticed they are also offering a 29mm conical heater cover for the SSV/DBV. It looks ENORMOUS! Of those who have used the 19mm conical wands, how would you compare them to the spherical wands?

:rockon:

Alexis

That's a good move on 7th floor. But real quick, I know @Ramahs mentioned that with the SSV, his herb is somewhat dark with the unit turned all the way up. Anyone else feel like they can't get their herb dark enough without beads/enhancement?

Just checked the elev8 site, and noticed they are also offering a 29mm conical heater cover for the SSV/DBV. It looks ENORMOUS! Of those who have used the 19mm conical wands, how would you compare them to the spherical wands?

The reference to the darkness of the herb is possibly a misleading reptesentation of the overall effects and benefits of the Adjustment to the heater it will surely change the vape signature somehow, making for slightly different performance.

You ask a valid and perfectly logical question though, one which I did wonder exactly myself.

snamuh

ghost

Ohhhh Shitttt.... does this work with the da buddah? (yes it is. found it in da buddahs accesories!)

love that you guys mention troy in the description. and i love your take on the idea! Simple, straight forward, functional.

Are there any SSV accessories that work with Da Buddah? even if unoffically? Just want to cover my bases before i order this!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The reference to the darkness of the herb is possibly a misleading reptesentation of the overall effects and benefits of the Adjustment to the heater it will surely change the vape signature somehow, making for slightly different performance.

You ask a valid and perfectly logical question though, one which I did wonder exactly myself.
So stoked your here?
You helped me so much?
I took pictures for a hobby and quit to have more time to read!
The SSV is great for the following: reading; BIG SCREEN; GARDEN POOLSIDE as well!
SSV if decent living is your goal?
SSV is 4 comas self induced!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Yeah. How you can't always judge the efficiency of the extraction of the goodies based on how dark the herb is. To be honest, some of the most efficient extractions leave the herb significantly lighter than some less efficient extractions.

Vital

Let us all know what you think...please.

Top Bottom