nonamekevin

@Chingas the Aroma top is a cool little add-on. Elev8 sent a single wax melt, I believe it was spring rain (green one). Very pleasant smelling, I actually leave the SSV on all day to freshen up the room.

As far as the SSV itself, I need more testing. My first whip vape, so getting used to it. Since I wanted to use the SSV while the Aroma top was on, I used it fully turned up. Instant hot spot in the center of the very small amount I sucked up into the wand, but nice flavor. I had to stir it each time, got 1 decent hit and the rest were lack luster. Again, I think this thing would benefit from a larger pack than what I gave it.

It's neet though! :rockon:

nonamekevin,

CalyxSmokr

@Chingas the Aroma top is a cool little add-on. Elev8 sent a single wax melt, I believe it was spring rain (green one). Very pleasant smelling, I actually leave the SSV on all day to freshen up the room.

As far as the SSV itself, I need more testing. My first whip vape, so getting used to it. Since I wanted to use the SSV while the Aroma top was on, I used it fully turned up. Instant hot spot in the center of the very small amount I sucked up into the wand, but nice flavor. I had to stir it each time, got 1 decent hit and the rest were lack luster. Again, I think this thing would benefit from a larger pack than what I gave it.

It's neet though! :rockon:
if I am understanding you have it up too high. I run mine at !:30 to 2:00 on the dial. All the way up is crazy talk. Large pack is what this vape excels at. Start low and increase heat with more in the wand to get an idea of how your breath speed influences it

nonamekevin

if I am understanding you have it up too high. I run mine at !:30 to 2:00 on the dial. All the way up is crazy talk. Large pack is what this vape excels at. Start low and increase heat with more in the wand to get an idea of how your breath speed influences it
True that, I need to try more settings. I kept the dial all the way up so I could use the Aroma top at the same time. Next time, I'm gonna ditch the top and play around with temps. :rockon:

nonamekevin,

CalyxSmokr

Really? I was going off of elev8 recommendations to use the top at 3/4 to full power. :shrug:
I have never used the wax. I just dump essential oil into it but it works just fine. I think it is fine but the worst that could happen is the wax doesn't melt. But it will. The whole unit heats up great.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah. I don't know off the head what temperature those wax melts actually melt at, but I'd be highly surprised if the wax melts fully melt at even sub-vaping temperatures. I use my SSV turned up to max temp though, and don't get hot-spots at those temps, but I like to be able to take faster-shorter draws.

snamuh

ghost
lol at thinking the stock heater cover doesn't hit hard enough. I am trying to reduce my hit size most of the time
It seems to help vape the bud more evenly too. It just seems like it hits better, idk...it adds some hit/draw versatility. worth it in my book regardless if your looking for "harder" hits. also if your looking for reducing your hits this could help too. higher heat can help when using small loads that normally let through too much air. For the flowerpot i used to do micro doses with a tiny sprinkle in the bowl, raise the temp and vape the little bit in the bowl. I havent tried these tiny doses on da buddah because i got it for megadosing before bed (which in turn highered my tolerance so now I vape a lot all the time :().

just seems like an all around good add on to have for 20$

@nonamekevin Da Buddah is pretty new to me. One thing I found was fulling the bowl 1/4-1/2 and then tamping it down with a something (vapcap fits good). 12 o clock on the dial is a good spot to start. Take slow draws and learn the airflow of the whip then increase your draw speed as you feel the vapors ability to keep up improve.

@Ramahs short dense draws.... the heater enhancer might be good for you. I still havent done a comparison with stock yet... but i feel like it really improves the ability to get short dense draws.

da buddah has become one of my main drivers for sure... pretty much on par with my flowerpot.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Only in my dreams :mmmm:
Growing outside COLAS are easy if you live geographically where it’s desirable.
Inside COLAS can be grown if there is a market!

SSV is what I grab for COLAS?
The grower’s of CANNABIS don’t bother with COLAS for consumption?
Little nugget’s under the light are for concentrated by-product’s!

Last edited:

snamuh

ghost
Growing outside COLAS are easy if you live geographically where it’s desirable.
Inside COLAS can be grown if there is a market!

SSV is what I grab for COLAS?
The grower’s of CANNABIS don’t bother with COLAS for consumption?
Little nugget’s under the light are for concentrated by-product’s!
In Massachusetts the dispensaries usually give popcorn buds for $60/ 1/8th (after tax) :(.

Nearly $1000 for 2oz a month.

I haven't seen cola in a long time.

snamuh,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
In Massachusetts the dispensaries usually give popcorn buds for $60/ 1/8th (after tax) :(

I haven't seen cola in a long time.
1973 before brick weed we would buy COLAS bigger than your thigh for $10.00?

I get it: “you need to make $ 4-your effort’s”?

SSV is a powerful experience if you like or need 2-enjoy CANNABIS?

CalyxSmokr

It seems to help vape the bud more evenly too. It just seems like it hits better, idk...it adds some hit/draw versatility. worth it in my book regardless if your looking for "harder" hits. also if your looking for reducing your hits this could help too. higher heat can help when using small loads that normally let through too much air. For the flowerpot i used to do micro doses with a tiny sprinkle in the bowl, raise the temp and vape the little bit in the bowl. I havent tried these tiny doses on da buddah because i got it for megadosing before bed (which in turn highered my tolerance so now I vape a lot all the time :().

just seems like an all around good add on to have for 20$

@nonamekevin Da Buddah is pretty new to me. One thing I found was fulling the bowl 1/4-1/2 and then tamping it down with a something (vapcap fits good). 12 o clock on the dial is a good spot to start. Take slow draws and learn the airflow of the whip then increase your draw speed as you feel the vapors ability to keep up improve.

@Ramahs short dense draws.... the heater enhancer might be good for you. I still havent done a comparison with stock yet... but i feel like it really improves the ability to get short dense draws.

da buddah has become one of my main drivers for sure... pretty much on par with my flowerpot.
no, I would use it just to be able to turn down the heat and I bet it changes the signature. I probably will order one even.
But still the SSV is my hardest hitting vape so it is funny that people are still chasing improvements

CalyxSmokr,
is there anything I should know before committing to a SSV ? Looking to buy my first desktop vape..

Whats the maintenance and cleaning like on these? How do you even clean a whip :\

also whats the difference between original vs 2nd edition as I'm struggling to find stock in the UK

DazVapesNow,

CalyxSmokr

is there anything I should know before committing to a SSV ? Looking to buy my first desktop vape..

Whats the maintenance and cleaning like on these? How do you even clean a whip :\

also whats the difference between original vs 2nd edition as I'm struggling to find stock in the UK
not sure what second edition is unless that is the super surfer which fills bags also from a built in fan. There is no maintenance except cleaning the wand and that is infrequent. There is a thread on whip maintenance but I just end up replacing it rather than cleaning it.
The SSV takes up a lot of table space and it needs to be dedicated as there is so much whip etc flopping around. It is my backup as I am kind of a microdoser and the SSV excels with a full load and groups. Get the whip to glass piece adapter as it really benefits from water filtration (but not mandatory).

Last edited:
not sure what second edition is unless that is the super surfer which fills bags also from a built in fan. There is no maintenance except cleaning the wand and that is infrequent. There is a thread on whip maintenance but I just end up replacing it rather than cleaning it.
The SSV takes up a lot of table space and it needs to be dedicated as there is so much whip etc flopping around. It is my backup as I am kind of a microdoser and the SSV excels with a full load and groups. Get the whip to glass piece adapter as it really benefits from water filtration (but not mandatory).

thank you

Pursewarden_sPast

So, I got my quartz heater tube thingy. I enjoy it, but, also . . . it's kind of a let down. i think my expectations were too high. I was expecting a stand alone alternative to Troy's glass bead hack. Some people pointed out it may be ideal to use quartz beads with the tube so it doesn't touch the ceramic rod, I agree with this, only thing is I'm not sure if the same millimeter size beads would fit in the heater cover with the tube in there too.

The reason i was let down is because i was expecting to have to turn the heat down a significant amount because of the enhancements of the quartz tube, like Troy had to with his beads. With his SSV hack, there was an undeniable increase in heat. With the tube on mine, I keep the heat the same and draw roughly the same speed, so, it didn't really affect the heat level, it more so just affects the Way it hits. It just slightly alters the hit, kind of hard to describe.

I do get nice full hits and like i said i enjoy the thing but it just isn't comparable to troy's hack at all. Keep in mind, this opinion is based on using the quartz tube and watching his vids on the beads hack---I have not tried the beads personally so i can't actually compare the two experiences.

Honestly, if i lost the thing, i'd be kinda bummed but wouldn't be in a rush to get another. Still am curious about using the beads in conjunction with it. Maybe that's what it was intended for? I saw others speculate that ...

point is, you may enjoy it, just dont expect it to be a stand-alone alternative to Troy from 420vapezone's glass beads SSV hack.

hoptimum

So, I got my quartz heater tube thingy. I enjoy it, but, also . . . it's kind of a let down. i think my expectations were too high. I was expecting a stand alone alternative to Troy's glass bead hack. Some people pointed out it may be ideal to use quartz beads with the tube so it doesn't touch the ceramic rod, I agree with this, only thing is I'm not sure if the same millimeter size beads would fit in the heater cover with the tube in there too.

The reason i was let down is because i was expecting to have to turn the heat down a significant amount because of the enhancements of the quartz tube, like Troy had to with his beads. With his SSV hack, there was an undeniable increase in heat. With the tube on mine, I keep the heat the same and draw roughly the same speed, so, it didn't really affect the heat level, it more so just affects the Way it hits. It just slightly alters the hit, kind of hard to describe.

I do get nice full hits and like i said i enjoy the thing but it just isn't comparable to troy's hack at all. Keep in mind, this opinion is based on using the quartz tube and watching his vids on the beads hack---I have not tried the beads personally so i can't actually compare the two experiences.

Honestly, if i lost the thing, i'd be kinda bummed but wouldn't be in a rush to get another. Still am curious about using the beads in conjunction with it. Maybe that's what it was intended for? I saw others speculate that ...

point is, you may enjoy it, just dont expect it to be a stand-alone alternative to Troy from 420vapezone's glass beads SSV hack.

I haven't noticed much difference either

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don't understand why anyone thought that the quartz tube would improve much by itself. I thought it's intended purpose was for people to be able to use the beads without risking damage to the heating element?!?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't understand why anyone thought that the quartz tube would improve much by itself. I thought it's intended purpose was for people to be able to use the beads without risking damage to the heating element?!?
Tomatoes Tomato’s?
I have glass and it work’s?

SSV if you need strength?
CIVILIZATION is waiting!

ataxian,
Reactions: Ramahs

snamuh

ghost
My tube got a crack in it. So i have been using da buddah stock.

I do feel like i notice a difference. It takes play though... Idk maybe im crazy.

One thing to say though is that i used higher temps with it. I did not lower my temps. I actually thought i got worse performance with the same as stock temps. (Worse as in different)

With enhancer @ 1:30-2ish - even charing, thick consistant vapor.

Without @same temp- hot spots, not as thick or consistant. (Note i dont dont use temps this high stock.)

I have been using da buddah at about 10:30-11 without the heater enhancement. I do notice less even charring of the herb.

(Charring isnt the right word but you get the idea.)

And obviously draw speed and other factors are at play so its hard to judge whats what.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My tube got a crack in it. So i have been using da buddah stock.

I do feel like i notice a difference. It takes play though... Idk maybe im crazy.

One thing to say though is that i used higher temps with it. I did not lower my temps. I actually thought i got worse performance with the same as stock temps.

With enhancer @ 1:30-2ish - even charing, thick consistant vapor.

Without @same temp- hot spots, not as thick or consistant. (Note i dont dont use temps this high stock.)

I have been using da buddah at about 10:30-11 without the heater enhancement. I do notice less even charring of the herb.

(Charring isnt the right word but you get the idea.)
SSV + LEMON HAZE = LIFE in a CIVILIZED WORLD

ataxian,
Reactions: snamuh
Troy from 420vapezone modified his SSV by filling the heater cover with glass beads. He says it is now the hardest hitting vape he owns. Link to video below.

sadly this video is now private... I'll have to see what heater cover mine comes with if its suitable to try out the mod or not.

a lot of this stuff goes over my head though

DazVapesNow,
Top Bottom