mikedvapestrees

It's a game changer I've had it about a week

:love: They did a true ball head.
Maybe I will use again my old SSV I used during 8 years.
Drawback of this vap : a lot thinks to dismount and wash and this fucking pipe that keep smells.
It's the truth

I have just seen on the website of eleven8 that the spherical wand is bigger now to accept the dish for oil.
I have also seen the ball head in action. I am a little bite afraid that the vap will be too agressiv because with the original head (without balls) I was at 8 for the setting heat. Maybe I will have to play with the quantity of balls and diameter (if 4mm balls fit). Let see when it will be at home.
It's a raw dab

mikedvapestrees

I have a standard wand SSV heater cover. I was about to switch to spherical (mostly to go full glass vapor path) , but now I'm wondering if it would worth it to go for the glass balls kit.
Given that I only vape dry herb and that I'm more than happy with the results, especially for a 10years old vape, is there any advantage to go for the balls?
I suppose it increase heat up time and maybe might push to combustion temp if not cautious...

Does it improve taste?
And if yes , is it better than the glass heater cover (that seems to give you a full glass airpath)?

Are long hit more consistent in term of vapor production (for the duration of a single hit) ?
Just get it. You will be shocked. Game changer for real. Huge clouds, full extraction fast, and no combustion

Shulk_X

How is it? So far no DBV cover...
It's been great! Mine shipped without the glass cover on top, so I had to get that sorted. Ordered though Vgoodiez (they sell the cover without the balls in case you already have them) and they delt with getting the component from Elev8 for me.
The vaporizer still requires a long draw, but that draw produces an order of magnitude more of a hit. Not really comparable to stock. A lot less hot air, but I find I'll probably need to pass it though a glass piece for more cooling (that's just my taste though).

Zenhen

Hey guys I am very much a flavor chaser and because of this I tend to use lower temps with both my Dynavaps and my Elev8r. I was looking at getting a Silver Surfer and am actually wondering if I should skip the ball modifications if you can't vary the temps/hits so much with your inhale. All the videos I have seen are just people having coughing fits. BUT I was wondering...can't you just turn the temps down with the knob to not brown out the material so quickly?

coolbreeze

Hey guys I am very much a flavor chaser and because of this I tend to use lower temps with both my Dynavaps and my Elev8r. I was looking at getting a Silver Surfer and am actually wondering if I should skip the ball modifications if you can't vary the temps/hits so much with your inhale. All the videos I have seen are just people having coughing fits. BUT I was wondering...can't you just turn the temps down with the knob to not brown out the material so quickly?
Edit: I'm sorry, I misread what you wrote: yes, you can turn it way down and get great flavor. The balls allows for a larger, continuous volume of air at the proper (lower) temp. Without the balls you have a smaller volume of heated air being pulled along with less-heated air that you're trying to avg into the temp you are seeking. Consequently, you need to turn up and regulate your breath more carefully, etc. It (DBV in my case) is great unmodded but even better modded.

I think there is a smaller range of the dial that is useable after the mod, but that won't matter in use.

Last edited:

Zenhen

Quite the opposite: you can turn it way down and get great flavor. The balls allows for a larger, continuous volume of air at the proper (lower) temp. Without the balls you have a smaller volume of heated air being pulled along with less-heated air that you're trying to avg into the temp you are seeking. Consequently, you need to turn up and regulate your breath more carefully, etc. It (DBV in my case) is great unmodded but even better modded.

I think there is a smaller range of the dial that is useable after the mod, but that won't matter in use.
I see. Thanks so much for the info! Seems like a nobrainer to get the mod.

Airborne420

Company Rep
Just get it. You will be shocked. Game changer for real. Huge clouds, full extraction fast, and no combustion
It is amazing, you will love it. I keep my dial all the way up on the Ball attachment. I have never combusted.

How is it? So far no DBV cover...
I am so sorry, we are working as fast as possible. The DBV heater cover is quite smaller than the others. We are closer I promise.

Like me. I ordered in the same time the spherical wand.
I thought that there was a fat boy for this model, but I found nothing.
We can do those by special request.

Yeah, I didn't realize that your tubing is actually vinyl compared to the silicon one that I ordered. The one I had ordered seemed to be collecting dust on the outside (possibly inside also), and still had a slight chemical smell to it, which seemed weird to inhale through so I didn't.

It's been returned now and I ordered the tubing from you guys. I should've done that to begin with. Thank you for the heads up!

Do you know if they will send me a shipping tracking number? It just gave me an order number. I guess they'll send the tracking number when it ships....?
I see this is late but we will absolutely provide tracking, if you don't get the email, feel free to call me!

coolbreeze

I am so sorry, we are working as fast as possible. The DBV heater cover is quite smaller than the others. We are closer I promise.
Thank you. I apologize for pestering about it, and appreciate the info. Rather have it right, than now. ; )

coolbreeze,

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
How does this baller mod compare to injectors like the zeal? There wasn't much mention of it in the ball vape comparison thread

coolbreeze

How does this baller mod compare to injectors like the zeal? There wasn't much mention of it in the ball vape comparison thread
I've modded my DBV and it's terrifically powerful. I think when Troy modded his SSV he considered it the most powerful vape available. Not sure if remains at the peak, but it's more than capable.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I've modded my DBV and it's terrifically powerful. I think when Troy modded his SSV he considered it the most powerful vape available. Not sure if remains at the peak, but it's more than capable.

I did see that he said that. Which is why I've been considering it. Is it any good with small amounts?

I recall NY og ssv and lsv both favored large loads

BeltedCoyote,

coolbreeze

I did see that he said that. Which is why I've been considering it. Is it any good with small amounts?

I recall NY og ssv and lsv both favored large loads
That I can't answer, as most of the heater/wands in use are pretty different from the DBV's, which is a standard 18mm male to female arrangement. In my DBV I use a basket filter in the end of the wand for smaller loads.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
That I can't answer, as most of the heater/wands in use are pretty different from the DBV's, which is a standard 18mm male to female arrangement. In my DBV I use a basket filter in the end of the wand for smaller loads.

I bet I could figure something out to reduce load size.

Hm. To grab a zeal or save a bit more and get a ssv. Decisions decisions rofl

Thanks as always!

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Hey everyone, question for you.

As I've stated before I used to have a SSV. I got it thanks to this forum but I didn't really read much of the thread. Thus I'm rereading it now that I've decided on a baller mod ssv for my desktop.

My question is, does the wand make a difference in performance? By which I mean, with the baller edition, is the now standard spherical glass want, or the og style better? I'm looking to use this as a heavy hotter every now and again, and I want to be as efficient as I can within what the baller ssv can do. Thanks everyone

BeltedCoyote,

coolbreeze

Baller ssv OR wait for Vapvana screwball?
You have the ssv43 so you know what you're getting there, but you don't have a ball vape. The Screwball will be something new and it's a really nice vape, especially for the money. Ask over there if you need some testimony but for you it seems straightforward. I will definitely upgrade my DBV's mod when possible but I'm really only expecting a better build more than different results.

coolbreeze,

Marcus

I've just dusted off the SSV (spherical wand) to have a go and see if I fancy getting the ball upgrade.

It made me realise why I popped it at the back of the cupboard a few years ago... The spherical wand is a pain to clean. After a load, I blow the spent herb out and then spend ages trying to pick all the leftover crumbs out from around the screen with that long pin thingy.

Are the newer spherical wands wider in diameter than the older ones???

I think the screen size on this one is blue. 15.8mm.???

Marcus,
Top Bottom