Team NO SLEEP!
Mr. Mayer with a little solo and acoustic Lady With a Fan
Awful. I wish I never heard that.

RIP Robert Hunter

E8W8QCXXIAof-Nl.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
"Is there anything a man don't stand to lose,
When the devil wants to take it all away?
Cherish worldly thoughts and keep a tight grip on your booze,
'Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today!"

coolbreeze

I tend to think of Weir as a kind of sacred fool, but he's also the voice of the apocalypse:

coolbreeze,
  • Love
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
I tend to think of Weir as a kind of sacred fool, but he's also the voice of the apocalypse:
Gotta' say ... I LOVE everything Bob's been doing in the last # of years. I really loved Weir's recent album, Blue Mountain.

Originally, I fell in love with Garcia and everything he did (from the GD stuff, to JGB, Garcia Grisman, ...), but as I've gotten older, I really gained an immense appreciation for what Bob brings to the table. Bob has gotta' be one of the best examples of a hard working musician, doing it for all the right reasons, and man, I just love his guitar playing (probably one of the best rhythm guitar players ever!)

Edit: Bob understands very well, that listening and finding your place in the song is what matters; what makes the Grateful Dead truly great is that together they are a lot more then individually. (and that's common across all different Garcia and Weir bands from what I can tell ... it's about the music, not about the individual :) )

coolbreeze

Gotta' say ... I LOVE everything Bob's been doing in the last # of years. I really loved Weir's recent album, Blue Mountain.

Originally, I fell in love with Garcia and everything he did (from the GD stuff, to JGB, Garcia Grisman, ...), but as I've gotten older, I really gained an immense appreciation for what Bob brings to the table. Bob has gotta' be one of the best examples of a hard working musician, doing it for all the right reasons, and man, I just love his guitar playing (probably one of the best rhythm guitar players ever!)

Edit: Bob understands very well, that listening and finding your place in the song is what matters; what makes the Grateful Dead truly great is that together they are a lot more then individually. (and that's common across all different Garcia and Weir bands from what I can tell ... it's about the music, not about the individual :) )
Couldn't agree more. When I read that he learned how to play guitar from McCoy Tyner, well, I knew that it was not just the evidence of my ears suggesting a unique approach.... And dang, it looks like I just missed the Wolf Bros!

coolbreeze,
Top Bottom