Sativa lovers

Benson X

ATF....so fresh and tasty!
BZSMHsiuBA8jl0gwEL2wDDDtgyud9Niy1hM_ZFD9Nzvlhyf5GmIDrI0FXlr5EXKe5yw4l2OAYI7hY7GoeUhnjUadMCpE_sqBYcWAmxgN2DIAZZATmt_gb2ZKsQmk6R3oOc7UoE-c1QR1_3emjt1JIPsE39zi4qQGzb0iVfeYGMD80RB5mvJBIpby7cRUifeOV4dO6m2PJKXuPagq4PwkWNasjoU8Q_zHdWzkQ1MwO6nmjO-8RScqKjOqE-rtkb_KmCsBN6tTV5y1B-yX6SwoU8TBEMOBVSy9LczgBvW20sdbW3uyTk0GhO2MXHIR_xYHd7HCudJWvnHghXOTFsEUz5m5y9k_FOsMGF60azOYwzv9KdXXOHQ2SB2FshXi3RAUL5qBh9zdZrLhOdBlWoeOk8WE7clDEWJpnfmbvKeJogtwaYvGlXxXKDATXhK04aB-4eUZmYF42k1L5ZP8vT0uOcZbu-kOXyxQDUc9gjVUpBmqSNR81q4-23uFMjt7oKYY1wlEwaJvFmRTWwzEwCRmLKGhgLMHKNgT9buHpG9nN8Rqx26Br1B_2DN0SivPoyglwm2vWP9hNacbownRRDBwJJldNAatri5RvVQW1nuBIVCAKIEmmmbukGcKA5S_3gi1Bb1jd-dsNqgqr0NLKyfBKMfnK-FseeMGF8akk9n7f3DkeBmvfceOVTFfns_scA=w3430-h2573-no

Benson X

It looks lovely and so hairy, must have so nice floral notes?
I'm not very articulate or eloquent with my description, but this strain is very piney (Pinene) with strong underlying citrus notes (Limonene). Every batch I get from this grower is super consistent; covered in bright orange stigmas and tightly grouped trichomes throughout.

Pistol Pete

Okay, I would not be here if I didn't love a good Sativa. My all time favorite would be Durban Poison. Morning meds are usually any Tangie mixs. My favorites are Tangie Cookies 🍪 and Sour Tangie. In the last year Peach Fuzz 🍑 has been very good 👍 also.

MinnBobber

Back in the seventies you could get Jamaican sativa that was truly amazing. There were some Asian things like Thai stick that were very trippy. Haven't had anything like those for decades. Been meaning to try to find some real, landrace sativa seeds.

Memories..... a friend brought back a suitcase full of Ganja from her Jamaican vacation.
I remember it as the only flower that I ever really liked the taste of it (combusted).

Wish I had some now to vape

Gigsabits53

I favor sativas over indicas, although 90% of the time I'm getting an indica or maybe a hybrid. Living in an illegal state its not as easy to pick and choose. I was able to get some green crack about a month ago and really enjoyed it. It has such a pleasant buzz.

Gigsabits53,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
.2 in the Ditanium whipless glass adapter of some very nice northern lights haze 90% sativa, probably back crossed to the landrace I'm guessing. Super pleasant heady high but also fairly relaxing but not so much so that there's any couch lock, not a strong happy euphoric high but fairly clear headed and focused not drifty. Felt extremely well and had breakfast for a change a major plus for me, one of my favourite sativas to date

GetLeft

I re-entered ganja game 5 yrs. or so ago, give or take, after a life time of having been away. As coincidence would have it, it was via a strain sold to me as Strawberry Haze at a festival. I had gone to hear a band I liked, ended up across the path from a guy selling bud to whomever walked by, and broke down bought a gram just for kicks. Once re-initiated, I nursed that g for a good while, appreciating the sativa buzz without really kowing it was a sativa buzz, doing a hit here and a hit there while it lasted. When it was gone, I was decidedly back in the game and sought out a friend to see if I could establish a regular game plan. They've always provided high quality stuff; always indica though. After years of having to depend on the black market (just as I had to do as a kid decades ago), I decided to take a trip to a rec-legal state and picked up a bunch of sativa and sative leaning hybrids to satisfy my yearning for a different take on things. I was in Seattle a few years ago and during that trip visited a rec shop and got a g of Dutch Treat. Enjoyed it greatly. The sativa I've started with from my recent trip (Jilly Bean) takes me straight back to the Strawberry Haze and Dutch Treat side of things. Still have some quality indica laying around for when I want it but I'm looking happily forward to at least a couple of months of living the sativa side of things. :leaf:

MyCollie

I plan on exploring sativa dominant strains within the next couple of months. I was always somewhat weary of them because I was worried about paranoia but I’m not too sure of my worries now. I looked through my strain journal and found it not to be much of a really concern. I guess I got stuck in indica dominant strains. I looked through a list of popular sativas and about 1/2 were in my strain journal with Green Crack and Jack Herer being favorites. The Jack Herer was great for pain and energy so I’ll probably revisit it.

Does anyone have suggestions of sativa dominant strains that are good for mostly bone pain but neuropathic pain as well? I know I can Google it but I’d rather hear it from forum members.

I use all sorts of concentrates but I prefer edibles, tinctures, capsules, RSO syringes. I rarely vape flower mostly due to odor.I feel as though some concentrates have less intense of an odor.

MyCollie,
Reactions: LesPlenty

MyCollie

Green Crack is an all-time favorite sativa dominant. All the clarity and euphoria with none of the needless anxiety some sativa strains can give me.

That’s what I like too. I’ll try some of the Ghost Rider RSO that I purchased and then I’ll report back sometime next week. It doesn’t say OG on the label and I don’t know if there are two separate strains. It’s lineage includes Trainwreck which I like.

MyCollie,

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I'm a fan. Like the sativas and sativa dominate hybrids. I'm also a variety type of guy and like to try lots of different strains.

I really enjoy the ones with the most lemon flavor. If I feel like I just vape a lemonhead then that is strain I'm going to love.

I'm in a legal state so I but something new every 1 -2 weeks.

If you like lemon flavor too these are the strains I buy when available.

Sour Amnesia, Pure Haze, Jack Herrer, Miracle Whip, Clemintine, Ghost Train Haze, XJ-13, BlackJack

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
While I've always enjoyed a sativa every now and again but its never been my first choice, been a indica guy as long as I can remember but I've now decided to really give sativas a more staring role. For the next week if not two I'm going to be vaping sativa exclusively during the day and see if I notice any changes, appetite, mood, sleep, ext. I'm coming off a two week t break and my indica is feeling a little heavy lately. Had some northern lights haze yesterday and this morning, 90% sativa and seemed to be pretty nice so far but only time will tell if I see any beneficial changes.

CANtalk

As mentioned before I'm a big sativa fan and it's great to reading everything here.

Just yesterday, I started with vaping Strawberry Cough, then Viper, then Acapulco Gold (flower). It was top notch and very potent :science:. Today, I started with Trainwreck, then Acapulco Gold, then Blue Dream.. bring on the sativas :tup:!

Check out my current batch of Viper again. :brow: :leaf:
p0clrex3kqx31.jpg

Being legal in Canada, it's been great. Now ~70% of my cannabis use is sativas. Checking my history, I've tried ~14 different sativa leaning or dominant strains in the last few years.

And more good news here 🎇🎆 ! I recently ordered some more Acapulco Gold (been hard to find this last year here unfortunately, and happily it's from the same provider); so I jumped on it. Plus I went for another 2 new-to-me sativa strains (all flower), Maui Wowie and Super Lemon Haze (smaller amounts). I'm all like this right now
banana2.gif
. Wish me luck, I hope they're all great batches.

I'm excited to try some new sativa strains
MexWave.gif
. And I like keeping a few other consistently awesome sativa strains around as well; this buy is two new strains and one refill... sounds good here :).

I plan on exploring sativa dominant strains within the next couple of months... Does anyone have suggestions of sativa dominant strains that are good for mostly bone pain but neuropathic pain as well? I know I can Google it but I’d rather hear it from forum members.

For me it's mostly about the quality of the batch of sativa. That and I wouldn't focus on pure sativas in your case. Even an estimated 10% indica variety may be enough for someone to get the combo sativa/indica effects you're looking for. And everyone is different. See what's available to you locally that looks sativa leaning (or +) and good, and try it.

Acapulco Gold has a soft spot for me. Legendary, great backstory (here), good batches can be extremely potent, it's famous for a estimated 20% Indica contribution of physical relaxation effects... and it's the only strain I know that all my friends love. Here's my old post deep diving Acapulco Gold (with links and reads). It was the first deep dive strain post I put on FC, nearing two years ago now. Time flies.

Good luck and let us know what you try and how you find it.

Long live sativas :peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

MyCollie

As mentioned before I'm a big sativa fan and it's great to reading everything here.

Just yesterday, I started with vaping Strawberry Cough, then Viper, then Acapulco Gold (flower). It was top notch and very potent :science:. Today, I started with Trainwreck, then Acapulco Gold, then Blue Dream.. bring on the sativas :tup:!

Check out my current batch of Viper again. :brow: :leaf:
p0clrex3kqx31.jpg

Being legal in Canada, it's been great. Now ~70% of my cannabis use is sativas. Checking my history, I've tried ~14 different sativa leaning or dominant strains in the last few years.

And more good news here 🎇🎆 ! I recently ordered some more Acapulco Gold (been hard to find this last year here unfortunately, and happily it's from the same provider); so I jumped on it. Plus I went for another 2 new-to-me sativa strains (all flower), Maui Wowie and Super Lemon Haze (smaller amounts). I'm all like this right now
banana2.gif
. Wish me luck, I hope they're all great batches.

I'm excited to try some new sativa strains
MexWave.gif
. And I like keeping a few other consistently awesome sativa strains around as well; this buy is two new strains and one refill... sounds good here :).

For me it's mostly about the quality of the batch of sativa. That and I wouldn't focus on pure sativas in your case. Even an estimated 10% indica variety may be enough for someone to get the combo sativa/indica effects you're looking for. And everyone is different. See what's available to you locally that looks sativa leaning (or +) and good, and try it.

Acapulco Gold has a soft spot for me. Legendary, great backstory (here), good batches can be extremely potent, it's famous for a estimated 20% Indica contribution of physical relaxation effects... and it's the only strain I know that all my friends love. Here's my old post deep diving Acapulco Gold (with links and reads). It was the first deep dive strain post I put on FC, nearing two years ago now. Time flies.

Good luck and let us know what you try and how you find it.

Long live sativas :peace: :leaf:

Thanks so much for the reply.

I tried the Ghost Rider RSO and the cerebral effects and euphoria were on point. It helped with pain. I took a small sized “drop” (schmear?, :))nd it worked quite well for several hours. This strain in combination with the opiates I take will be a great combo.

I remembered that I have a Raspberry Cough pax pod. It’s ok but not as good as the Ghost Rider.

MyCollie,
Reactions: CANtalk

CANtalk

Here's a good-sized nug of the fresh new batch of Maui Wowie I picked up.
zm1bimgwtqq51.jpg

As mentioned before, it's a new-to-me strain, and I give it 👍.

My post grammar goes out the window when I'm vaping, I didn't even get one sentence in on my last post :razz:... it should have read "As mentioned before I'm a big sativa fan and it's great to be reading everything here."

Who here has tried this strain? What did U think?

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

CANtalk

Happy Friday all. Here's a picture of my fresh new batch of Acapulco Gold. A sneak peak for sativa fans before I post on the "What's in your vape" thread. I'm really happy with this grower/source and they've given me quality AG many times over the last few years.

qkxbjmrn95s51.jpg

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
I feel, at least in the legal market, it is not as easy to get sativas as Indicas. And hybrids dominate. I would think with legalization, bringing strains like Durban Poison and such would be more commonplace. Instead, companies are just making their own patented/secret strains and most are boring hybrids. It is like the illegal market all over again where prices are high for amount you get, and you never know what you truly get anymore.... this is in my state in midwest USA, at least. "No-name brand-names".

Selection in a CO shop I went to in the past was much better, at least. Maybe it is because it is not a mature market here yet. But it seems like Cresco and the likes is just trying to -opolize. Maybe I am being too cynical and worrying for no good reason, "first world problems". I just wish selection (specifically of old-school, known name strains) was better, so I could get sativa strains I *KNOW* are popular for good reasons.

It truly feels like these companies such as Cresco are just in a rush to patent as many strains as they can, get ground in the state, and only have their selection on the shelves so they can dictate prices later on. Very cynical thinking... but why is it so impossible to get known-name strains in this state???

Last edited:

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
I know this is so subjective and personal, but I just want to hear others experiences.... for depression, do you find sativas or indicas or hybrids best for you?

I find indicas to be more calming of the nerves and bad-thoughts, but also numb me too much. I feel over the course of the day my depression will get worse from feeling of guilt/laziness that the indicas bestow on me

Sativas in the past for me were too mild feeling to get good judgement on them, and just made me space-headed more than anything, but easier to stick with good feelings when they do arise. Durban Poison I got in CO was exception (best strain I've tried to date). Sour Diesel was mixed-bag, I found first half of high was good, and second made me feel worse overall for reasons I can't specify now.

I also found I need to use more sativa to feel content, compared to indicas. Indicas you can "feel" more, more pronounced effects. Sativas feel "lite" or "diet", and take longer to build up to noticeable levels maybe

& I actively avoid hybrids because I want to master the feelings of indicas and sativas and differentiate their pros and cons for me, before throwing hybrids in the mix.
(now that I've written the above, maybe hybrids are best for me after all.... ha.)

Last edited:

Kins

I don't really go by indica and sativa really. I look for terpene content in a strain and based on what the terpenes do I choose. Or lately I ask the budtender for there opinion on products to try based on the feelings I like. They usually have a good idea.

Top Bottom