Sativa lovers

shredder

I don't really go by indica and sativa really. I look for terpene content in a strain and based on what the terpenes do I choose. Or lately I ask the budtender for there opinion on products to try based on the feelings I like. They usually have a good idea.

Thats what I look for, terpenes. By now I have a good idea what I like, the lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit citrusy types, although new stuff is always nice to check out, and I do like blue dream, but those are my favorites.

I'm a caregiver that grows for patients. I ask every new patient what type of plants they prefer. Almost all said they prefer indicas, but eventually only ask for sativa dominates, lol.

GetLeft

I tapped into my 4th strain this past week from a batch of sativas I picked up last month. I started with Jilly Bean which was the hightest percentage sativa, then moved on to Light of Jah, then Strawberry Cough and just this week Tangie. I was holding off on the Tangie thinking for some reason it would be the strongest sativa of the batch (I guess because it was limited to a purchase of 3.8 g while the others didn't have a purchase limit - who knows why that was) but it's actually lower precentage sativa / indica than the others (70 / 30). I like it and think I might experiment with hybrids that hover around this ratio.

It doesn't smell particularly tengeriney out of the jar but once heated it's amazing how much like tangerine it smells.

The remaining untouched strain from my purchase at a rec dispensary in MA is GG4, of which I picked up 3.8 g. There were no more sativa strains to pick from and I've never knowingly had GG of any number so I figured I'd give it a go. I'll work on fitting that into the rotation sometime soon. At night assumably.

I was sticker shocked by the oz I picked up when I made the rec purchase, questioning whether I should be indulging to such an extent. But I'm now realizing that yes it was expensive but also that it's potent as f*** so I'm using less than I was when I was purchasing locally (on the black market) and enjoying it more :tup:

CANtalk

Quiet here
tumbleweed2.gif
. Keep it coming and share more feedback, experiences and stash :tup:.

Long live great sativas. There's tons of product and options available. This is my current stash of full/strong/leaning sativas (fresh cannabis)...
  • Red Congolese
  • Mowie Wowie
  • Acapulco Gold
  • Viper
  • Trainwreck
  • Strawberry Cough
  • Sour Tangie
  • Ghost Train Haze
  • Super Lemon Haze
  • Lemon Haze
  • Moby Dick
  • Blue Dream
  • Golden Goat

It's over the top, but no regrets and educational. As much as anything, find great growers/batches! They're often fairly consistently excellent as well.

whaz up...

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk

Oops, I meant Maui Wowie above :razz:.

Through this weekend, I managed to partake in vaping some Acapulco Gold, Strawberry Cough, Blue Dream, Viper, Golden Goat, and Maui Wowie sativas. It was 🌠.

I love the pictures in this thread, so here's my latest contribution, a nug from a recent new batch of Super Lemon Haze.
mgyncjdg0iz51.jpg

Have a great Sunday night :peace: :leaf:.

Last edited:

CANtalk

Nice @fatman420 :nod:. I need to find and try a high quality batch of SLH. And then I think it can definitely be a top strain for me. My current batch right now is no slouch and good, but in the end I have better batches of other sativa strains. I have too much right now :rolleyes:. No complaints though. My friend shared some TWD fresh cannabis and I'm looking forward to trying this sativa strain, supposedly aka Candyland (70/30 S/I estimate). It measures 20% THC and is definitely nicely frosty. Anyone have any feedback on the Candyland strain?

That Maui Wowie batch I picked up is good. Just finished a small vape session again here... a perfect strong clean sativa high for the first vape of the day. Impressively strong. *I definitely recommend sativa fans track down a good batch and sourceTWD is up shortly. In the mean time, let me share this picture again for some eye candy, since pictures are great in posts here. It's the Viper strain... one of my best sativas and batches :love:. It's a not-messing-around strong sativa (estimated 90/10 S/I) with roots in MX landrace sativa :bowdown:. I shared this last night again with a fellow cannabis fan and sativa aficionado :cheers:. Temp stepping and starting at low temps brought the goods :science:... the low temp draws gave clouds and clouds. Cheers.

p0clrex3kqx31.jpg

Enjoy the weekend :peace: :leaf:.

Last edited:

CANtalk

...This is my current stash of full/strong/leaning sativas (fresh cannabis)...
  • Red Congolese
  • Mowie Wowie
  • Acapulco Gold
  • Viper
  • Trainwreck
  • Strawberry Cough
  • Sour Tangie
  • Ghost Train Haze
  • Super Lemon Haze
  • Lemon Haze
  • Moby Dick
  • Blue Dream
  • Golden Goat

I was wondering, who here has tried any of the same sativa strains I listed :sherlock:? What did you think of the strain?

Let me reorient that list and add a few more sativa strains I've tried. The following sativa strains are generally in order from top to bottom, ranging from pure sativa (100%) to sativa leaning 60% (estimated).
  • Durban Poison
  • Red Congolese
  • Chocolope
  • Trainwreck
  • Mowie Wowie
  • Viper
  • Strawberry Cough
  • Acapulco Gold
  • Sour Tangie
  • Super Lemon Haze
  • Ghost Train Haze
  • TWD
  • Moby Dick
  • Lemon Stomper
  • Lemon Haze
  • Blue Dream
  • Golden Goat
Interestingly, my favorite strains tend to be a cluster in this list; they are strong sativas, ranging from 80-90% sativa (80/20 to 90/10 sativa/indica <S/I>). In that strain list, it's from SLH through to Trainwreck. And within that cluster any single strain preference generally comes down to the quality of batch :mmmm:... a good grower and source makes a huge difference. The Viper batch pictured above is a good case in point :).

It's been helpful to see some patterns and evidence emerge from my experience over time. I've been using it more and more to guide my cannabis flower and strain purchases... and successfully so. Still a huge ways to go. Enjoy the journey all.

What sativa strains are others having and recommending?

Have a great Friday and weekend :peace: :leaf:.

CANtalk,

CANtalk

Quiet on the sativa front here. I've seen people report that that 90% of cannabis user prefer balanced and indica over sativa stains.... it sure feels like that here. But OTOH most all of my cannabis friends prefer sativas over indicas... and often shoot the breeze sharing cannabis strain feedback. :shrug:

Anybody ever watch Premium Rush (the movie, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Shannon). It's really good imo (I've watched it a few times now), and can get intense on a strong sativa after a break :rockon:.

On Acapulco Gold at the moment, and first choice after a break. It's a frosty potent batch. I'd recommend everyone try Acapulco Gold, and especially sativa fans.

Open this picture in a new window here for max screen coverage.

qkxbjmrn95s51.jpg

Legalize Weed in GERMANY

Drug War Veteran
One Sativa strain is still in my mind since I've tried it years ago and wasn't able to get it again.
Power Flower from the Royal Queen Seed Company.
This strain is an homage to the Power Plant strain.
This sativa is not for people who are nervous and want to use Cannabis to calm down.
When I was smoking that weed I was always highly motivated to do something.
The total opposite of couch look.
High from this sativa let me having fun cleaning the house🤣.
If you are allowed to grow your own weed try these seeds they are worth it.

Legalize Weed in GERMANY,
Reactions: CANtalk

daoist

So my current Stash is mostly sativa.

- Amnesia Mac Ganja haze
- G13 haze
- Karel haze
- Happy haze
- Jack Herer
- Organic White widow. (technically probably not a sativa, but it feels pretty hazy to me).

CANtalk

I finally tried that first batch of Super Lemon Haze after taking a weekly break... it's the best way I find to try and evaluate cannabis. And it busted out beautifully potent and strong :science::science:. Wow, after a break SLH vaped impressively strong and very racy (dry and low temp); it strongly reminded me of my most favorite sativas and cannabis, which makes sense since I've found I typically most enjoy the estimated 80/20 percent range S/I (sativa/indica) cannabis.

Wow, Super Lemon Haze brings the goods... highly recommended :leaf:. Here's a picture of the batch again from a recent post above... it looks good and makes me eager to find a better grower and supplier. Bring it on :).

Enjoy the weekend :peace: :leaf:

CANtalk

Wow, nice word salad there last night by me :razz:. I wuz groovin :party:. Sorry bout that.

Me and a friend went through a number of sativas bowls this weekend. I started with that Super Lemon Haze, then in order Acapulco Gold, Viper, TWD/Candyland, Blue Dream, Maui Wowie and TWD/Candyland again. It was great. Highly recommended 👍.

CANtalk

C'mon sativa lovers, tell us what ur vaping... and enjoy the sativas :tup:!

Wow, HAF TGIF here :science: :science: :evil: :evil:... I guess I'm in post 2020 holiday yolo mode :razz: .

Been quality vaping quality sativa batches tonight and for some hours now...

First was a bit of Super Lemon Haze flower, then Viper, and now a very small bowl of Golden Goat. A friend visited and I gave him Viper, Acapulco Gold (his #1), then Strawberry Cough, then Trainwreck and Golden Goat. He re-evaluating his #1 now 👍.

I've posted pics to all those strains/batches here on FC for the picture chasers and it's worth it :). They're all excellent. Here's a picture again of the batch of Golden Goat batch I vaped tonight and shared... highly recommended and a potent, high THC, sativa leaning strain.

xsf6zaoke4w31.jpg

It's been an impressive sativa cannabis night already :bowdown:. And I'm here to celebrate another new strong sativa strain and batch buy... X2 🥂 :party: 🎉 🥳. Tonight I was happy to source some fresh and new-to-me Quantum Kush (est. 80/20 sativa/indica) and BC Grapefruit (est. 70/30 S/I). Both batches are from my most long-term and impressive overall quality supplier. And hey, they're also that Golden Goat batch/pic supplier as well ;) :nod:.

I had the chance to purchase some impressive new fresh Golden Goat again tonight from that same supplier 👍, but instead Quantum Kush and Grapefruit (BC) won out as mentioned 🎆🎇🌠. I'm excited, here to celebrate... and cheers to that! Long live sativas :luv: :bowdown: :love:.

Here's a picture of the Quantum Kush batch that pushed me to action. Wish me luck :wave:!
Quantum-Kush.jpg

And sorry for any haf obvious grammar/spelling issues :razz:.

Last edited:
CANtalk,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Grabbed some Bahama Mama recently... Never seen it before (most likely grown by these guys):
EvlA0In.jpg

Oh, it's got euphoria baby. It's got euphoria up the ying-yang!
1610209422740.png

EDIT: Haha, the grower is selling 1/4s of "shake" of this for $80??
I paid $55 (cuz I split a $110 half) to my Caregiver... Zero "shake".

LOVE HONOR AND RESPECT THY CAREGIVER
(and above all else, actually listen and take their advice!)

Last edited:

CANtalk

I love the eurphoria component @Bologna and many of my favorites are strong in it :cheers:!

Still quiet on the sativa front here. Well, I've got more good news to share.... I bought more new fresh batches sativas :nod:. That's in addition to the Quantum Kush and BC Grapefruit :razz: . The quick backstory is that I've been doing more combo purchase sharing with a long time friend lately 👍. They're a high volume user so it presents more opportunities to source and try different strains and batches. That Quantum Kush and BC Grapefruit is a batch he's sharing with me. He opened the Grapefruit and says it's frosty good and strong :evil:. And I recently saw some good cannabis flower I had to order :razz:.

There was some great access and pricing to a number of sativa strains that jumped out at me. I've purchased some Golden Goat (again from that same grower and supplier 🎆), plus Trainwreck and Lamb's Bread... 🎉🎇. I had amazing Trainwreck before (which I've posted pics of here, even recently) and it's from the same grower and supplier :luv:. The Lamb's Bread is new to me and the batch/grower looks well rated. Things are looking up for sure :popcorn:. Legal cannabis in Canada has already brought a golden age!

Have a great weekend and enjoy sativas everyone.

Last edited:

daoist

Today i bought a strain called "Cyclone". the shop i bought it from claims it is 29%thc and 2%cbd.
I don't really believe these numbers to be honest but i am always curious about Sativa strains i have not tried before.
Any opinions on "cyclone" ?

I probably going to try it this week in the "cyclone"-bowl of the extreme Q.

Last edited:
daoist,

CANtalk

Today i bought a strain called "Cyclone". the shop i bought it from claims it is 29%thc and 2%cbd.
I don't really believe these numbers to be honest but i am always curious about Sativa strains i have not tried before.
Any opinions on "cyclone" ?

I probably going to try it this week in the "cyclone"-bowl of the extreme Q.
Have you read the strain descriptions for Cyclone? I'm not familiar with it and haven't checked the strain info sites yet. Any feedback?

Back again sativa fans and wanted to follow up on my previous post & share this fresh new batch of Trainwreck I picked up. Count me impressed again 👍.
elccz4zjrzc61.jpg

Same source as my last batch. Looks cured more, but this visual is helped along from different lighting (flash vs indirect no flash) and white balance, plus it looks like I used a different camera between the two pictures (iirc).

This fresh new batch of Trainwreck was great in the vape. Monster flavors. And mega potent vapor and effects :science:. Trainwreck's history and parentage drew me to it, and it's an estimated 90%/10% sativa/indica with typical amber trichomes. A legendary strain out of California, it's fairly widely available with some hunting, including Canada. Trainwreck's strong sativa genetics and MX sativa parentage drew me to it, with everything else as a very nice bonus. Mexican sativas have always brought the goods for me and I've been able to get good batches. It makes sense in many ways since I'm in North America (like MX).

Trainwreck is in my #4 range for favorite sativa strains overall (regarding effects and experience), but it also has probably been the most potent sativa strain & batches I've ever had... that's definitely saying something 🌠.

Nothing new on the earlier batches of Quantum Kush and Grapefruit. My friend was exposed to someone with COVID so he's been isolating and I haven't heard back for a while.

I'll try get and share more new strain and batch pictures. Have a great weekend enjoy ur sativas.

EDIT. Not long after I posted this my friend reached out. So far negative for Covid and 10 days in shortly. They said the Quantum Kush and Grapefruit are both fire 🔥🔥, extremely potent. And they're vaping/smoking significantly less. Great news and sounds super impressive. And they mentioned between the two, they like the stronger sativa Quantum Kush :nod:. I need to get my hand on some of both :).

Last edited:

daoist

Have you read the strain descriptions for Cyclone? I'm not familiar with it and haven't checked the strain info sites yet. Any feedback?

There is not much info out there on the cyclone strain. I find info about sour cyclone. But it says it has 19% thc. There are also strains called huricane, also about 19%thc.

I guess it is something not very popular or not well known. I have not tried it yet because i had some old strains i need to finish first.

daoist,

CANtalk

There is not much info out there on the cyclone strain. I find info about sour cyclone. But it says it has 19% thc. There are also strains called huricane, also about 19%thc.

I guess it is something not very popular or not well known. I have not tried it yet because i had some old strains i need to finish first.
I found some info here if it helps, https://www.1stmarijuanagrowerspage.com/cyclone-feminized-marijuana-seeds-strain.html. Looks to be more of a mixed hybrid. Enjoy and let us know how you find it.

CANtalk,

daoist

Yes but the shop i bought it from claims it is 29%THC/2%CBD. That does not really match with the numbers on that website you just posted.

daoist,

CANtalk

Yes but the shop i bought it from claims it is 29%THC/2%CBD. That does not really match with the numbers on that website you just posted.
I don't trust claims unless there's current trusted source lab tested data, and that often seems quite debatable as well. Some jurisdictions and sources do this much better than others.

Here's some excellent lab tested 29% cannabis and imo a good benchmark to visually compare/estimate THC % in ur Cyclone. This video batch of God Bud (indica leaning) cannabis rang in at 28.72% THC... and looks amazeballs :bowdown::love::science::evil::cheers::whip::party:. Let us know how yours visually compares. YouTube video here. I love this video, with quotes such as "it's like a frosty wonderland down there", and "if I could shrink myself I would shrink myself and run through this bud" :lol: :clap:.

I set up and took some pictures to share my new batch of Golden Goat here first (in the sativa lover thread :)). I went deep diving on light conditions and don't have the best camera setup, but here's the batch under two different light conditions (I ❤️ @arb's camera & lighting setup). The first Golden Goat picture is without a flash, and the second picture is with the camera flash; the direct light from the flash helps to pick up some of the trichome cuticles :leaf:. It's a sativa leaning strain and another visibly frosty batch from the same seller. Highly recommended and enjoy 👍.
9ouecen20dd61.jpg

rht5pkk30dd61.jpg

Big white balance difference as well...

Have a nice Sunday night everyone :peace: :leaf:.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
I don't trust claims unless there's current trusted source lab tested data, and some jurisdictions have this much more than others.

Here's some excellent lab tested 29% cannabis and a good benchmark to visually compare/estimate THC % in ur Cyclone. That video batch of God Bud indica leaning cannabis rang in at 28.72%... and looks amazeballs imo. Let us know how yours visually compares. YouTube video here.

I set up and took some pictures to share my new batch of Golden Goat here first (in the sativa lover thread :)). I went deep diving on light conditions and don't have the best camera setup, but here's the batch under two different light conditions (I ❤️ @arb's camera & lighting setup). The first Golden Goat picture is without a flash, and the second picture is with the camera flash; the direct light from the flash helps to pick up some of the trichome cuticles :leaf:. It's a sativa leaning strain and another visibly frosty batch from the same seller. Highly recommended and enjoy 👍.
9ouecen20dd61.jpg

rht5pkk30dd61.jpg

Big white balance difference as well...

Have a nice Sunday night everyone :peace: :leaf:.
CSC-0553.jpg

Nikon d40 camera by a window in indirect sunlight on a sunny day.
A dark background also seems to make the flower pop.

PapaEmeritusCDXX

Microtonal Banana
I was always weary of Sativas, considering I had a bad experience a few years back. But now it's totally different. Better headspace and whatnot.

My favorites I've had so far have been; Durban Poison, Purple Trainwreck(good for trippin balls. THC content for this is roughly 26-29%), Jamaican, Pointbreak, Green Crack and Boston Cream Pie?(Name eludes me.).

Top Bottom