Saionara Atomizer thread

D32320

Noob Saibot
Hmmmm... nice, was going to get the Cuboid as so many good things said about for the price/performance excellent.
I was enticed by the Coolness of the New Espeon (not the flashing led one lol) I see
enough flashing from the 60"s lol. This one big color screen nice center pin.

https://www.fasttech.com/shoppingcart

The setting on my Evic Dual temp 320 - 390 @44 watts TCR 315 Temp varies with
Shatter, badder, live resin ect... Ti/Skillet.

Like the Evic's & this new one will be my first attempt at AF firmware upgrade.
Red Panda is AF's Color Version. I have been real happy with MyEvic firmware,
but not available for new mod, so going to give it a run.
The guide comes with 8 installed atty setting 4 or 5 I can use right off.
Sai B=bucket, DC V3 donut, ect..
Nice choices. Forgot to mention using The Ni temp setting, around 420-440°

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Nice choices. Forgot to mention using The Ni temp setting, around 420-440°

I'm forced to use Ni 200 with pre heat to 45 watts on my DNA 75, it works ok, but not as nice as TCR settings.
I really don't fully get TC on the DNA mod, it just does it with a TCR #, I'm not into escribe
as I should to get most out of it, but my evic's are so awesome in TCR settings.
Problem with those settings on Ni Temp 420-444 you are heating the ceramic donut to
around 800 - 1000 degrees to get Ti/skillet to temp.
Doesn't the Mod get really hot?

ChurroForSure-O

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but my new favorite combo for my on-the-go rig involves the carb cap from puffco peaks, complete with the tether. It attaches and covers the v2 Poseidon perfectly, and if you do the o-ring trick to pair with a QQ, you need to add a third o-ring below the bottom one so the Poseidon doesn’t sit all the way down. That lets just enough of a gap for airflow. As always, a ruby for increased function and to prevent pooling.

Still can’t wait for that new quartz crucible though, I have a feeling it’ll be better for my batteries.

florduh

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but my new favorite combo for my on-the-go rig involves the carb cap from puffco peaks, complete with the tether. It attaches and covers the v2 Poseidon perfectly, and if you do the o-ring trick to pair with a QQ, you need to add a third o-ring below the bottom one so the Poseidon doesn’t sit all the way down. That lets just enough of a gap for airflow. As always, a ruby for increased function and to prevent pooling.

Still can’t wait for that new quartz crucible though, I have a feeling it’ll be better for my batteries.

Looks good!

I do like how that carb cap fits perfectly. I'm using one that's a little too big.... but... it has a big advantage over the Peak's in that it has angled airflow. That's how I keep oil from pooling. I'm looking for one that's a little smaller, but the angled airflow takes the thing to a whole new level.

Looking forward to that quartz bucket though!

PandaLee

The distilled water with a tooth pick, a bit of paper towel and pulsing it with some heat really cleaned up that Ti bucket! It's smoother than a baby's butt now and tempered with some nice colors!

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Looks good!

I do like how that carb cap fits perfectly. I'm using one that's a little too big.... but... it has a big advantage over the Peak's in that it has angled airflow. That's how I keep oil from pooling. I'm looking for one that's a little smaller, but the angled airflow takes the thing to a whole new level.

Looking forward to that quartz bucket though!

Do you these will fit in the Sai?

https://www.dhgate.com/product/10mm...tml?skuid=481922205175783434#cart_view-1-null

tennisguru1,

kuzko

The 10mm one maybe, looks kinda tall tho. But it shouldn’t matter if it’s tall I don’t think.

The quartz bucket atomizers are coming out here shortly so you can try these if u want but The one I’m using gets the Sai pretty hot and sometimes doesn’t do anything because the insert keeps sliding up from the base of the Ti bucket so doesn’t get the heat.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
The Source bucket was 10mm and it fit. It was very short though so this one looks taller and would be better IMO.

fernand

Well, well, @tennisguru1 I owe you one. I finally got the Top Air Sai, and it does come with a Ti skillet heated by a donut ceramic heater. Here's the thing that Puffitup doesn't emphasize: this a modular system. There are VERY different heater types that you can screw into the base, and the Ti saucepan it came with is perfect. The top cap directs air at the center o' the puddle by a little tube fed from adjustable louvers above.

This is the "in port" version of a Quartz Quest, and it's built very ruggedly. For exploration I still love the glass visibility of the Quartz Quest, but if you ever get old and set in your ways, and you got your favorite oil dabbed on the skillet, then what do you CARE what's happening under the hood? With a TCR M3 = 245 and a rise-time wattage of 60 it takes it a little while to heat all that metal, but it regulates well on a stock Pico, and it does "hit like a brick".

So, question time. Ding. The bucket. The skillet. Do you season it and let it age like your Educated (lessons in overpriced) Titanium Dental Grade plus Titanium nail? Or do you Q-Tip it, with, say, a raw and an Iso pass?

qLom05Q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qLom05Q.jpg

florduh

Well, well, @tennisguru1 I owe you one. I finally got the Top Air Sai, and it does come with a Ti skillet heated by a donut ceramic heater. Here's the thing that Puffitup doesn't emphasize: this a modular system. There are different heater types that you can screw into the base, and the Ti saucepan it came with is perfect. The top cap feeds air at the center o' the puddleby a little tube fed from adjustable louvers above.

This is the "in port" version of a Quartz Quest, and it's built very ruggedly. For exploration I still love the glass visibility of the Quartz Quest, but if you ever get old and set in your ways, and you got your favorite oil dabbed on the skillet, then what do you CARE what's happening under the hood? With a TCR M3 = 245 and a rise-time wattage of 60 it takes it a little while to heat all that metal, but it regulates well on a stock Pico, and it does "hit like a brick".

So, question time. Ding. The bucket. The skillet. Do you season it and let it age like your Educated (lessons in overpriced) Titanium Dental Grade plus Titanium nail? Or do you Q-Tip it, with, say, a raw and an Iso pass?

qLom05Q.jpg

I q-tip mine every few hits. I'll use a wet q-tip from time to time and sort of boil, and scrub it out a bit.

florduh,
Reactions: fernand

fernand

In the repertoire of assassins, there's the silenced .22 to the heart, or the .45 to the ... anywhere. This Sai is in the .45 genre.

Oh, yeah. The donut under the skillet (it unscrews elegantly) is 0.65 ohms on mine. It does have a bit of an e-nail vibe. All that HEAT in your pocket, running on one 18650 battery. If you're ever ice-fishing, don't drop it, it'll melt all the way to China.

fernand

@fernand might know as he messes around with ceramic buckets.
Any info you can share

fernand

The tiny 6mm ceramic cups I use, with the "ceramic atomizer" heads with a 510 plug that are available on e-bay and resemble the INeedHemp V2.5 ones, work fine, but that's because everything is just so. The ceramic is very thin yet strong, it's a lab grade pyrolysis crucible. It happens to fit with just the right slack in the oven, and right atop the donut heater. And then, it just happens that air enters above the cup and doesn't pull it up. So it's a lucky good fit. And there's a purpose: Micro-dabbing with removability. It makes it easy to torch-clean the insert, easy to pre-fill it. Otherwise you're goopin' oil all over the donut.

With the SAI, if you could find an ~ 11mm OD insert to fit with the Ti bucket removed, about 10-11mm tall, it should work. But I'm not sure what for. The Ti bucket seems easy enough to remove and clean. And it's already all matched and working ;-)

Last edited:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
The tiny 6mm ceramic cups I use, with the "ceramic atomizer" heads with a 510 plug that are available on e-bay and resemble the INeedHemp V2.5 ones, work fine, but that's because everything is just so. The ceramic is very thin yet strong, it's a lab grade pyrolysis crucible. It happens to fit with just the right slack in the oven, and right atop the donut heater. And then, it just happens that air enters above the cup and doesn't pull it up. So it's a lucky good fit. And there's a purpose: Micro-dabbing with removability. It makes it easy to torch-clean the insert, easy to pre-fill it. Otherwise you're goopin' oil all over the donut.

With the SAI, if you could find an ~ 11mm OD insert to fit with the Ti bucket removed, about 10-11mm tall, it should work. But I'm not sure what for. The Ti bucket seems easy enough to remove and clean. And it's already all matched and working ;-)

Thx buddy,
Explains a lot.
I love the way the Ti bucket hits & tastyes & cleans.
The Quartz inserts were only $2 on DHG so I just gave it a curiosity shot.
I'm just having too much fun, lol

tennisguru1,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Well, well, @tennisguru1 I owe you one. I finally got the Top Air Sai, and it does come with a Ti skillet heated by a donut ceramic heater. Here's the thing that Puffitup doesn't emphasize: this a modular system. There are VERY different heater types that you can screw into the base, and the Ti saucepan it came with is perfect. The top cap directs air at the center o' the puddle by a little tube fed from adjustable louvers above.

qLom05Q.jpg

Yes It's the Shits, lol.

Try TCR 315 @40watts 320 - 380 all explained in temp conversion on reddit.
Gets to temp and maintains thru 20 sec hit.
No seasoning - I add a little of shatter, some live resin co2 oil a witches brew
Either put in a little dab & do it all or put in .1 or .2 let it puddle to cover bottom
take 3 - 4 hits at 320 and either add more , don't let skillet bottom show.
I never use iso, it cleans perfect with just Distilled water & pulse hot, stir with toothpick/skewer, swab with q tip or my fav paper towel.

tennisguru1,

fernand

Why never use Iso? Iso dissolves reclaim and burned crap far better than water, it evaporates quickly, and the toxicology of Isopropanol is pretty mild. It's metabolized by our livers to acetone, and acetone is widely used in food flavoring. Is there some specific reason to avoid it?

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Why never use Iso? Iso dissolves reclaim and burned crap far better than water, it evaporates quickly, and the toxicology of Isopropanol is pretty mild. It's metabolized by our livers to acetone, and acetone is widely used in food flavoring. Is there some specific reason to avoid it?

I use ISO where & when needed, but on the Ti Skillet it acually slows up the cleaning.
Just use a Q Tip or Paper Towel (my fav) when hot, a few drops "Distilled Water) as it draws
into it all the minerals & crap from the Ti & just scrubs the walls when pulsed, Qtip water clean & perfect. It is too easy, ISO seems to slow it up & stain the cup more.
I ISO my Evolve & Cerum donuts and soak metal & ceramic atty's clean & all my
Water Tools Pinnacle, D020 ect... This is first time I ever have seen distilled water
act like that.

tennisguru1,
Reactions: D32320

kuzko

Does anyone know when the quartz buckets for the sai will be available?

On Crossingtech’s IG last week said they would be taking direct orders, don’t know if that means direct to customer or direct to retailers, on or around Sep. 20

kuzko,

florduh

On Crossingtech’s IG last week said they would be taking direct orders, don’t know if that means direct to customer or direct to retailers, on or around Sep. 20

I pretty sure you can buy most of their products on IG through private message, so they should be selling the buckets directly to consumers.

Top Bottom