Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

LesPlenty

Company Rep
how long at those temps
I start my timer when the puck gets placed between the press jaws that are well heat soaked.
I only close the jaws on my 10g bottle tech 40mm pucks when I see movement on my gauge, I will then slowly add pressure after 1.5 mins to get all the oils warmed up in the puck. I will hit my max pressure at about 2.5 to 3 minutes and I just keep adding pumps to keep the gauge at 2500psi.
I usually stop when the gauge stops dropping by itself at around 3 to 5 minutes total on lower temps up to 5 to 6.5 minutes with higher temps or as short a time as 3 minutes high temp on a re-pressed low temp puck just to see what is left after the low temp presses.
Google says Bubble hash can be pressed at 140 to 200f (60-94c) so I was thinking 160f(71c) might be a good start...how to pack the puck, just flat with the end folded or try to bottle tech it?

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Coming to room temperature ( in my cold house about 19c).
I love live bubble.
C99 70 wash; 25 press.

IMG-20220218-170909.jpg

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Runtz auto by sweet seeds. In jars 2 weeks only.
A cracking 23% on this one. My other runtz plant only gives me 17%. 23% for an autoflower is, IME, very good. Normal for me with af is around the 15% so pleased.

IMG-20220302-112851.jpg

90 bag, 90c for 2 min at 3t max on home made setup.

Some red strawberry banana, also by sweet. Only 15% so average. Disappointingly the plant didn't turn red. I understand some of them don't. I was really excited to be getting some pink/red rosin but the plant only showed slight red undertones on the lowest buds. Oh well, maybe next run in a year will give me a red one.

IMG-20220302-113657.jpg

A bit more sappy this one..... Bud humidity is spot on at 60% so maybe I went too hot?

Bloody camera makes it look darker than it is.

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have a question (that may have already been answered a ways back) but please indulge me :p

I have found that a cold plate is a MUST when collecting rosin from my parchment. If I run a sub 7g press, then I can usually gather everything in time before the humidity monster shows its head. If I run anything bigger (or subsequent runs) by the time I get to the end of the first big run or 2nd pressing, the plate starts to accumulate moisture from the humid air that surrounds me. This then saturates the paper and makes collection harder (or impossible)

Aside from doing smaller runs, and/or refreezing my plate between runs are there any tips/tricks that I am missing with using this essential tool?

GoldenBud

accumulate moisture from the humid air that surrounds me
a room with air conditioner on cold temp has less RH usually, have you tried that like on 70F or even less ? if so...just run 7gr each time i guess? it's hard to get a room with 30% RH...with air conditioner maybe it will be around 50% RH or less!

maybe just freeze the parchment paper, then collect from it?

Okla68

I e found different strains produce different types of Rosin....if its coming out oily, its going in the freezer for a lil bit. Ive also found that longer presses and higher temps produce more Oily Rosin.
Lots of variables !
Main thing...KEEP SQUEEZING !!!

davesmith

Glass Blower
Cannabanoid content def makes a difference to consistancy. Anything with high cbd or cbg will struggle to be anything but wet and sappy imhe. This is regardless of the extraction process

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Great suggestions by everyone - thank you! I guess the bottom line is to keep on pressin' and experimenting!

I think a big part of my humidity problem is the fact that Im out in my shed (where its natively humid outside). And I did refreeze the parchment paper and cooling plate. That helped immensely!

I cant ever imagine collecting rosin without one any more.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I cant ever imagine collecting rosin without one any more.
I used to use a frozen ceramic tile for collecting...that was pressing old buds. I do not need the cold plate when pressing my 3-6 month-old buds and the humidity of my press room makes no difference in collecting. One good thing about only having the same mother plant for years means the bud is not a variable in my process when experimenting...which I still do...pressing is fun, all those different concentrates from one type of flower are great!
One bit of advice @AGBeer is to keep notes of each press.

Okla68

I usually keep the same mumma for 5+ years in its own tent with LEDs on for 18hrs a day, it just keeps growing like a hedge ready for me to take clones whenever I want.
Do you not get Bored with the Same product all the time ?(unless you were fortunate enough to find a strain you enjoy that much!)
Flowering a miniature Bush of a Moby Dick strain atm. Ive taken 10 clones from it so far prior to flipping(in my closet). Hopefully the OG turns out good as Ive not tried this strain before. If it does, I may have to try Keeping one for an extended period. Room is the problem, only a 2x4 tent and the adjacent closet. If I purchased another tent, my wife would make me sleep in it(she dosent use very often, a True Lightweight that gets Paranoid off Ditchweed, lol).
What type of light do you use in your permanent setup ?(Im running QB boards and one COB)

Last edited:

Hippie

A mother cupboard doesn't need to be all that big
I use a 62l storage box with 25W of LEDs in the lid
If buying again I'd get the 92l box for the extra headroom and hang the lights with string
and build another one for the veg phase, with a few more LEDs, which you can stack on top or underneath as they're stackable

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Do you not get Bored with the Same product all the time
No, plenty of different vapes and plenty of different pressing techniques...like here, 2 totally different rosin extractions...from the same puck,
1663319915097-jpg.40069

That said, I am looking forward to getting something different now I have access to medical cannabis...Doctor keeps pushing oils, tinctures and spays so far...fuck that processed shit...nasty tasting crap just so big pharma can cash in!

Okla68

No, plenty of different vapes and plenty of different pressing techniques...like here, 2 totally different rosin extractions...from the same puck,
1663319915097-jpg.40069

That said, I am looking forward to getting something different now I have access to medical cannabis...Doctor keeps pushing oils, tinctures and spays so far...fuck that processed shit...nasty tasting crap just so big pharma can cash in!
In almost 5 years of Medical Cannabis use
Never has a Dr. Recommended Any cannabis. In Oklahoma, you see a stranger Dr. to get your card and Never see them again
As far as What Strain/Product you use is entirely left up to you to choose !

sdrsh

New in the game and I'm looking at a 0.7 t press and wondering what would be a good average pressing weight for bubble hash.

Could I do 2-5g of bubble in this machine? Or would i have to do a couple runs of 1g?
I've been trying to read into this new hobby and found all sorts of calculations to divide pounds with square inches but somehow it is not really making sense yet in my head. Like, I don't know yet how many square inches a rosin bag with 1g or 4g of bubble would be, so not sure how to factor that in.
I've also been looking at the 3t and 5t but they are out of stock right now where I am at. Anything larger would definitely be overkill for my purposes.
Sorry if covered in here already, but couldn't find anything regarding this smaller form factor. Is that because it's just not worth it?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I had the most undesirable looking press a couple nights back, tasted okay but looked and had the viscosity of motor oil.

Two days later, it is fucking perfectly cured, flavors jumping, color corrected, and a nice thick buddery consistency, like spreadable cream cheese.

...damn if things don't just always come together!
Quality in> Quality out!
Cheers!

Okla68

Ive found if the product is still sappy even after or shortly after a freezer trip that certain razor blades will scrape the product right off the Parchment without cutting the paper(its weird how some do and some dont. And you cant tell the difference until you try it). Some will immediately cut the paper. Then, its just a matter of transferring it to your container. Makes for alot less mess than getting a Dab tools worth at a time. Just use the Dab scraper to clean the razor blade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom