Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Drool!

76435-E7-B-85-E8-45-CA-A18-B-B16908-D53190.jpg

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Found some really nice, well made, cheap (about US$0.35ea) rosin bags to suit 40mm puck makers,
1639106653404.jpg
The puck on the left compared to another not so nice quality, both had 2500psi on my Dabpress gauge with the same parameters except the bags (both 90 micron with 10g of similar bud)...link to them (I just ordered a few lower micron bags to try),

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Why the extra 37u bags? Wouldn't just using a 25u have less nylon to trap/rob rosin...looks bloody lovely by the way @bizwaxzion!
I've had less than stellar results single bagging hash, so I always double up now. I supposed the second bag does hold a little more back, but hash rosin flows much easier than flower rosin so it's hard to say.

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Time to jump in this thread with a super-PWT (po white trash) experiment in the name of boredom.

Inspired by my Sous Vide ABV butter experiment, I was further inspired by a redditor who did a method similar to this.
I already discovered the joys of the straightening iron, went to the iron plus a clamp (broke the iron) and now I am on to try out this SV method as I am a huge fan of my SV wand.

In this method, I went SUPER cheap.
$2 C-Clamp
$4 cutting board that was hacked to make my 'plates'

The SV wand and Food saver are already in my arsenal of cookery, so this is pretty close to as low budget as I can get. Heck, Im even using less than 1G of starter bud for this experiment just to see if its worth my time and effort.

The plan is to SV at 175F for 5-7 minutes per run.
This oughta be fun LOL. Because - why not?

Ill Be back

Woof... A dismal failure.

Good thing I sent next to nothing on this experiment.
Carry on :D

Last edited:

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I’m curious. I think I follow. You sandwiched your bud between parchment, then between two pieces of cutting board, then cryovaced that, put clamps on and dropped it in 175 degree water?
Yup exactly.

Maybe I should have not put it between the plastic as it may have given a thermal resistance (Or at a minimum, left it in the bath for MUCH longer)
I might just invest in building my own press sometime down the road.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Yep, a Dabpress or similar is great. I have a 10t but a 4t would have done (the gauge is the main reason I went 10t).
I do not think I will ever need/use the extra capacity of my larger unit (I have pressed up to 50g of bud at a time) as it does easy work of my 10g pucks (which seems to be an easy sweet spot for 40mm bottletech pucks in my press)

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Respect brother. i actually had a blowout on christmas eve from a bag folding open, so i def understand the double bag :D
How do you dry your bubble?

Here is my 45-159u pressed thru 25u

Thanks - and that's some nice looking stuff there too! This is the first year I've had an opportunity to make bubble hash and I'm stuggling with the drying process. I want a freeze dryer but damn they are pricey. That stuff above had some water in it when pressed so I had to do some jar tech to dry down the rosin. I just recently pressed 8 grams of hash that I froze and then micro-planed to dry and it came out nice. I've also tried drying down the patties in the fridge for a week between screens and paper towels before pressing and refolding (10 or 15 times) on my rosin press with the plates at 125-135F and finally drying as a thin patty. Here's my latest effort.sk7-hash-rosin_sm.jpg

Blargas541

@bizwaxzion

Respect brother. i actually had a blowout on christmas eve from a bag folding open, so i def understand the double bag :D

Here is my 45-159u pressed thru 25u

Great looking stuff from both of ya, was the bubble made from fresh material or dried? Would love to start learning but I don't have the room for a grow yet so I can't do fresh frozen.

Think it would be worth turning a QP of dried buds into hash rosin?

Blargas541,
Reactions: LesPlenty

MegaMan2k

@bizwaxzion

Great looking stuff from both of ya, was the bubble made from fresh material or dried? Would love to start learning but I don't have the room for a grow yet so I can't do fresh frozen.

I used few months old trim for the stuff i made. I personally really like the cured resin.

Is it worth it? depends on who you ask....
If you ask me... then yes!

Everything within reason ofcourse, has to be some frosty stuff that you can be sure will yield some good amount hash.
If ur getting low quality herb at an unfavorable price then i wouldnt bother!

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
@bizwaxzion

I washed both cured (dried & jarred) and fresh frozen.

As to 'worth' - hard to say - guess it depends on how bad you need that QP vs 4 -6 grams of hash rosin. I wouldn't do it if I didn't grow - but I really enjoy exploring and learning the process and that's much easier when I didn't have to buy the flower.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@Blargas541

To get into hash rosin (live for the win) it really is preferably to grow. It's best to be in a position where you can be comfortable with washing several hundred grams of product for not very many grams of fire.
I had my non growing mate over last time I did a run and he was stunned at the amount of flower needed for not a lot of return.
I think it's worth it but I have more than I can consume at the moment.....
Good luck

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have my latest made from fresh frozen trim and popcorn nuggets stored on 220micron hankies sealed in a plastic container with dehumidifier 'eggs' that usually live in my ammo cabinet (they are able to be dried and re-activated)
I Just pressed the new driptech bags again with my buds and pushed the second press of the puck to 3000psi on the gauge (500 more than normal) and there was no sign of blow-out, pretty impressed,
1641293115873.jpg

Top Bottom