• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

Expanded

So if I do a quick ethanol wash in the freezer
And filter through 25 micron filter before evaporation
I can add this directly to a ccell th10 or th2 cart?
No problems? Or would liquid Terps be needed?
I have only skimmed around so I apologize of this is a bad question. I dont mean to muck up the great conversation here

And I'm liking the Hamilton device cloak for stealth rips while at work. It protects and hides the entire cartridge and is auto draw
For home the uni pro

Expanded,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

davesmith

Glass Blower
Hello everyone! does anyone have any recommendations? i basically want a nugsmasher mini but am in the UK. The shipping on the nsmini is almost the price of the unit again to get it here plus probs another 200 tax. Any help?

Really want something entirely self contained and will squeeze 3.5g a time. No more than that is neccessary. Maybe this should go in ask fc but thought id mention it here as this thread seems to be a central point to all the rosin discussion l. Thanks in advance stay classy

davesmith

Glass Blower
@LesPlenty ill have a look now cheers! I can wait im in no mad rush. Def dont want to buy something and regret!

Eta. I really don't like the look of the units that look like presses. One of the main reasons I liked the NSMini is that it's small enough to pick up and put away, and at a glance looks like a retail unit not a piece of mechanics equipment. The price is good tho and 4 ton is more than enough for my needs

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I cant really offer any help in getting an all in one unit thats sold in the UK, but if things get tricky to source, you could buy the plates, controller and a press separately. Its a way pricier way to do it that way, but its an option.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Hey all, does anyone have any opinions on the MyPress Gen 2? Was going to buy a Dabpress 4 ton but now they are out of stock......

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Well, I accidentally made thca with flower again! Doh! :)

EDIT: So after rechecking my steps, I didnt over pack the bag, so its (I assume) down to flower and the 15u bags over filtering. I dont think I applied pressure too slowly, so I'm wondering if turning the temp up just a tiny bit would get things flowing a little easier so the thca wouldnt get trapped! I dont have other bags right now, but even if I did, I'd still wonder if this remedy would work. I've taken the plates up 5 degrees each, and repressing seemed to get the rest out of the puck easy enough. Hopefully the next bag wont keep stuff so trapped.

Does this thinking sound, er... sound?

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have only pressed out crystalized THCA once or twice, but I often battle crystallizing and buddering up during the press.
Your instincts are correct. Increase temp and even try to press a little faster to get the goods away from your puck as fast as possible. Once it crystalizes all around the puck, it is difficult for material to get past the barrier and flow.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Thanks folks.

I did my usual mistake and changed too many parameters at once. Thankfully, only two parameters instead of one :) So as well as taking the temp up five degrees, I switched to bottle tech (the last accidental THCA creating flower press was a flat pack press).

All issues of accidental THCA have gone :)

lazylathe

Almost there...
For some reason there has been a shortage of parchment paper available locally.
And by this I mean, no stores have any on their shelves...:hmm:

As a last resort I stopped by the hardware store to see what they may have. My wife promised me they would have what I wanted.
ZERO!!!
But I did find this next to the parchment paper...

20200705-132913.jpg

20200705-132918.jpg

In the pic above you can see it on the desk with the leaf on it. Parchment paper on top.

With the cheap parchment I had, it required 4 layers on each side to avoid any blowouts even at low pressures.
With using a sheet of the new re-usable stuff, I can get away with a folded piece of parchment paper and have zero issues!

I have used the same piece about 15 times now and it is still good as new!

Any thoughts on it?
I would not use it by itself to squish but with parchment between, it has been very easy to use!
It's also good to 550F.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
For some reason there has been a shortage of parchment paper available locally.
And by this I mean, no stores have any on their shelves...:hmm:

As a last resort I stopped by the hardware store to see what they may have. My wife promised me they would have what I wanted.
ZERO!!!
But I did find this next to the parchment paper...

20200705-132913.jpg

20200705-132918.jpg

In the pic above you can see it on the desk with the leaf on it. Parchment paper on top.

With the cheap parchment I had, it required 4 layers on each side to avoid any blowouts even at low pressures.
With using a sheet of the new re-usable stuff, I can get away with a folded piece of parchment paper and have zero issues!

I have used the same piece about 15 times now and it is still good as new!

Any thoughts on it?
I would not use it by itself to squish but with parchment between, it has been very easy to use!
It's also good to 550F.

Hows your garage jar tech experiment going?

EDIT: wrong thread :)

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
It's because a lot of people have taken up baking during the pandemic...no joke. Gardening as well...nurseries around here are up over 500% in business in the recent months.

arb

Semi shaved ape
The only time I had a bleed through on cheapo parchment paper was when I added about 1000psi extra than normal/advised just to see what happened, I wonder why you are having so much trouble, 4x layers is a lot of wasted paper, (I am pretty sure I have only ever used a single sheet).
Same here I only blow out when over pressing or the weeds too damn wet.
🤔

Top Bottom