Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

Yummy yummy. Dabs... the breakfast of champions. LOL

So far I discovered I don't like the stock banger. I replaced it with my round bottom and it's much better. Something about that cylinder in the middle. Made it a little harder to get a Q-tip in there. Worked fine. I just prefer a round bottom. My round bottom was a little longer so I had to pull the lighter out a little to get it square under the banger. Nice touch to put the rubber gasket in the base to hold the lighter tight in any position.

I am used to 'waving' my torch under the banger to prevent scorching. I have already scorched this one twice. Now, I am holding the neck of the banger and moving it back and forth over the flame. Not a great solution.

Sucker hits awesome. Albeit, most bangers hit hard.

Don't especially like the adjustment on the lighter. The smallest flame is too hot. Any lower and it goes out. I am waiting for it to break in and run through a few refills and I'll see then. Using 5x filtered 'tane.

Overall an A+ for sure. Great idea. This one will be traveling with me. LOL

Thanks again to all who helped.

rvarick

Yummy yummy. Dabs... the breakfast of champions. LOL

So far I discovered I don't like the stock banger. I replaced it with my round bottom and it's much better. Something about that cylinder in the middle. Made it a little harder to get a Q-tip in there. Worked fine. I just prefer a round bottom. My round bottom was a little longer so I had to pull the lighter out a little to get it square under the banger. Nice touch to put the rubber gasket in the base to hold the lighter tight in any position.

I am used to 'waving' my torch under the banger to prevent scorching. I have already scorched this one twice. Now, I am holding the neck of the banger and moving it back and forth over the flame. Not a great solution.

Sucker hits awesome. Albeit, most bangers hit hard.

Don't especially like the adjustment on the lighter. The smallest flame is too hot. Any lower and it goes out. I am waiting for it to break in and run through a few refills and I'll see then. Using 5x filtered 'tane.

Overall an A+ for sure. Great idea. This one will be traveling with me. LOL

Thanks again to all who helped.
Ya'll are making me want to give the round bottom banger another shot. I tried ordering one from Stache and got two bunk-fitting ones in a row, so I gave up. I wish there was a way to ensure I get a working one from them.

Well gang, if you're looking for a RIO round bottom banger for only $39.99, I have good news. :)

I found a place online called focus camera. They are in Brooklyn, NY. Last night I ordered an original RIO from them for only $129.99. I also ordered 2 round and 1 flat bottom bangers. Some of their stuff is crazy high priced but others are well below street price. They also have some interesting glass.

They also have version 2 RIOs for various prices depending on color ??? The blue one is only $159. Other colors are $179 and $189.

I placed my order last night (Sunday) and received my FedEx shipping info this morning (Monday). The web site says orders placed before 4PM ship same day.

Topping for the ice cream is that they accept PayPal.

I am curious if I'll like the V1 better than the V2. Anyone familiar with the differences?

At $159 for that blue one, I am thinking a 3rd RIO might be in order. LOL

Good luck

EDIT: A second look at the banger on Focus, it doesn't look like the $35 version on the Stache site. I wonder if this web site is all copies or something. Who knows these days. Caveat Emptor for sure.

Hackerman,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
FWIW, 710 is about to carry round bottoms!

I have also experienced real poor consistency with fit on the Stashe round bottom's joints. 2/3 were sent back.
...but I do believe round bottom is the way to go. I am going to stock up on a few from 710 and also intend to get a Long Island

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
@FlyingLow What was it about the bangers you bought make the fit 'wrong'? Are they loose so they swivel? Or, do they actually leak air?

I would actually like it to swivel easily. I am used to fanning my torch under my banger and this stationary torch is causing some occasional scorching. I almost never scorched with a hand held torch. So, now I move the banger back and forth over the flame.

Last edited:
Hackerman,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
@FlyingLow What was it about the bangers you bought make the fit 'wrong'? Are they loose so they swivel? Or, do they actually leak air?

I would actually like it to swivel easily. I am used to fanning my torch under my banger and this stationary torch is causing some occasional scorching. I almost never scorched with a hand held torch. So, now I move the banger back and forth over the flame.
I was having an awful time with scorching to the point that I thought I had ruined my core and round-bottom bangers. Bought some Dark Crystal, which quickly took care of the scorching, but by then I'd gotten the hang of the Rio. Once that happened, scorching has largely become a thing of the past. I haven't had to use the Dark Crys since that first foray. Also, get thee some QTip Precision Tips(got mine at Walgreen), which make cleaning the core banger while still warm a cinch.

I'm really enjoying my Rio. Got some 4mm ruby pearls that go round and round the core banger and some larger ones that zip around the round-bottom. I've also been playing with different colors of the inexpensive thin sleeves that keeps the bubbler firmly in the base: Teal makes the water seem Caribbean while red is a nice unexpected contrast to my green and yellow. Rio is good clean fun!

Last edited:

Kins

Well gang, if you're looking for a RIO round bottom banger for only $39.99, I have good news. :)

I found a place online called focus camera. They are in Brooklyn, NY. Last night I ordered an original RIO from them for only $129.99. I also ordered 2 round and 1 flat bottom bangers. Some of their stuff is crazy high priced but others are well below street price. They also have some interesting glass.

They also have version 2 RIOs for various prices depending on color ??? The blue one is only $159. Other colors are $179 and $189.

I placed my order last night (Sunday) and received my FedEx shipping info this morning (Monday). The web site says orders placed before 4PM ship same day.

Topping for the ice cream is that they accept PayPal.

I am curious if I'll like the V1 better than the V2. Anyone familiar with the differences?

At $159 for that blue one, I am thinking a 3rd RIO might be in order. LOL

Good luck

EDIT: A second look at the banger on Focus, it doesn't look like the $35 version on the Stache site. I wonder if this web site is all copies or something. Who knows these days. Caveat Emptor for sure.

I wouldn't order from them after reading some of the reviews. Seems like they sell counterfeit products from reading those reviews.

I wouldn't order from them after reading some of the reviews. Seems like they sell counterfeit products from reading those reviews.

I'm not sure I would know a fake RIO from the real. LOL I guess we'll see. Waiting to hear from FedEx when they pick up the package tonight.

I don't put a ton of salt in reviews but I didn't see anything like that. I saw 2000 good Google reviews. But, again, I'm not a big review guy.

I didn't see many bad reviews. Nothing about fakes. Link?

Last edited:
Hackerman,

Texus

FWIW, 710 is about to carry round bottoms!

I have also experienced real poor consistency with fit on the Stashe round bottom's joints. 2/3 were sent back.
...but I do believe round bottom is the way to go. I am going to stock up on a few from 710 and also intend to get a Long Island
Thanks for that feedback. Got a banger on sale from Sneaky Pete, but fit wasn't great. flame only hits back half of banger, even when lighter is pushed all the way in. Look forward to trying out something from 710.

Kins

I'm not sure I would know a fake RIO from the real. LOL I guess we'll see. Waiting to hear from FedEx when they pick up the package tonight.

I don't put a ton of salt in reviews but I didn't see anything like that. I saw 2000 good Google reviews. But, again, I'm not a big review guy.

I didn't see many bad reviews. Nothing about fakes. Link?

rvarick

The first one was loose in the joint, to the point the air leaked around it. I was also surprised the joint wasn’t frosted/ground, as the website showed this, but no biggie there. The second one was also loose, and poorly centered over the torch. They suggested it could be my bubbler but I actually have two. They were bad on both, other joints sit fine in my Rio, and the bangers were still bad on other glassware. I was satisfied with their CS on the situation, but their QA seems less than perfect. Glass is tricky I realize though.

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Not sure how many of the new owners were from a Vaporsolo order, but my card has been charged and I got tracking info from them before informed delivery even picked it up. We're still looking good on that price/buy! They still have it listed at $137, but show no stock and list it as "Coming Soon".

Now off to look over those round bottoms @Hackerman found, thanks for the heads up!

delicatebunting

I think Focus Camera ownership changed hands recently. They used to be a legit photo/video retailer, but I think they're now buying overflow and returned stock. Same thing is happening with BuyDig/Beach Camera. Still legitimate, but with more questionable stock (refurbished items were clearly marked when I was clicking around FWIW).
Other V2 colors available for $189.99.

delicatebunting,

scion34

I'll definitely be watching VaporSolo to order a couple more as gifts, I was a bit skeptical but I'm happy to report the Green Makeover I ordered arrived quickly and in great condition.. I want a dang blue one! :love:

scion34,
Reactions: Shrike

Texus

Those prices aren't too much off what you can do via Cream City Vapes (and likely other reputed shops) for a v2 with a discount code.

rvarick

So I decided to take the plunge again on trying to get a round bottom banger from SP that works for my RiO. Unfortunately I had the same result as before though, where the banger doesn't seal properly on my RiO (or any other 14mm joints for that matter). It's also quite misaligned as well.

Fortunately SP's CS has been good. It's still a shame how inconsistent the bangers have been in my case though. Is there a consensus on any other reasonably-priced third party round bottom bangers that fit well on the RiO, if I have to give up on SPs offering?

I just bought 2 RIO round bottom bangers from Focus Camera and both bangers fit both of my RIOs (V1 and V2) perfectly. They line up correctly and everything. Based on what others are saying I must have been super lucky.

However, IMO, the RIO bangers are too thick. I currently use the super cheapo banger I got on Amazon for about $20. It is only 3mm thick and heats up almost instantly on cold starts. It also lines up almost perfectly with me needing to pull the RIO lighter out just about an 1/8th of an inch.

Really loving this RIO. It has become my goto for rosin. Everything with a coil or ceramic disc just took a back seat.

rvarick

Another qq for you fine folks - anyone else ever splashed water in your rio torch by accident? I had a healthy drop go right into the middle of the torch when filling the bubbler. I blew it out with a can of air and it seems to be working better now, but I'm paranoid about any damage caused. Seems like the top of the torch would be sealed though I suppose. Anyone else experience this?

androponic

vaped.
I just bought 2 RIO round bottom bangers from Focus Camera and both bangers fit both of my RIOs (V1 and V2) perfectly. They line up correctly and everything. Based on what others are saying I must have been super lucky.

However, IMO, the RIO bangers are too thick. I currently use the super cheapo banger I got on Amazon for about $20. It is only 3mm thick and heats up almost instantly on cold starts. It also lines up almost perfectly with me needing to pull the RIO lighter out just about an 1/8th of an inch.

Really loving this RIO. It has become my goto for rosin. Everything with a coil or ceramic disc just took a back seat.
These amazon round bottom bangers are the ones i have as well. great price and quality, just takes a bit to get in from china but well worth it!

These amazon round bottom bangers are the ones i have as well. great price and quality, just takes a bit to get in from china but well worth it!

I liked mine so much, I bought a second one. The first one was a Prime, sold and shipped by Amazon so I got it in a couple days. The second one came from China so it took a little longer. They have a tag on them that says, "MADE IN DE". As far as I know, Germany has always been known for good glass (as well as most other things they make). Albeit, they could put a "MADE IN" tag on anything. LOL Especcially since my first one came with a $75 price tag attached to it. LOL

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Pardon the delay in posts, I've had some shit to deal with and have not been around...

A few pages back someone asked about my experience with bad rounds, and here it is:

My first one fit perfectly, clean work, and functioned better for me than any of my core bangers... I fuckin hate core, and so many people don't know best practices and load their material on top of the core. Yuk.

I wanted a backup, and just experienced all the same as posted above. Poor fit, wobbling back and forth, CS was excellent but the quality of remaining round bottoms is NOT. They resent me another that did not fit well, and another, and then I gave up and started to look at other options.

While their support has been quick and excellent, I really think they got fucked on this entire shipment. I love my RiO, have 2 and always use them, but I will not be buying any more bangers from Stashe.

Going to try the Long Island round soon, it is top of my list.

rvarick

I received a (4th) replacement round bottom banger from SP this week. While I'm happy to say I finally gotten one that seals fully in the joint, it's still poorly centered. So all-in-all I've received 4 round bottom bangers from SP which have all been unsatisfactory. It's safe to say I won't be ordering bangers from them in the future. Still love the RiO though, and their CS has been good. And thanks for the alternate banger options folks have provided!

Top Bottom