Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

Try a bigger dab and see what happens. If it's too much, you just soak up more when you swab. I waste a ton of rosin doing the occasional (too big) dab. LOL At least that will tell you if your dabs are too small. Albeit, I doubt they are. Just about any size dab can give a good hit.

cieje said:

wish I could buy different resin bottoms. I wasn't able to grab a color I really wanted :/
I wonder if someone with a 3-D printer could make custom bases? Doesn't someone here sell 3D printed stuff?

Hackerman,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

cieje

delete, please
well you can't print resin. could print a mold for resin... anyways Stache has the mold etc so should be able to have some made just saying lol I'm sure others would buy some. especially custom or limited colors.

Texus

Ive got a Rio and I find myself hardly using it. I’ve never felt like I get the hits I get from my other devices. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Sorry, not where I can find specific links, but most helpful might be watching vids of other folks' Rio technique. Maybe start with Troy and Jerry's YouTube Page. Stache is a sponsor, they start most of their Fri sessions with a Rio hit. And gotta imagine there is at least one episode with a substantial discussion of the Rio. They have good cams too, so maybe some nice angles.

cieje

wish I could buy different resin bottoms. I wasn't able to grab a color I really wanted :/
I got cobalt blue. it's growing on me I guess. when they're in stock I'm going to try to pick up an amber sandblasted bong. I'm a Mets fan and that's kind of the color scheme. otherwise I'd love if they made an orange one; ideally a blue/orange swirl lol but that'll never happen.

first day, chazzed it good ugh I'm a novice and went too hot. everything just tastes burnt now. luckily I can get Dark Crystal on Amazon by tomorrow, because nothing else has cleaned it lol.

OyVape

Well, my Rio from Focus Camera came in. I ordered and paid $10 more for blue but they sent green. Called them about it and they said they said “no we only have green and red but I see you paid for blue so we will refund you.”

So now I have 3, count’em, THREE GREEN Rios, damn it! My husband says I should keep all of them in case they become unavailable because of the antivape law. I think 3 is extravagant. First world problems...

The most interesting thing is, comparing the Focus Camera one and the Cream City one, the CCV Rio has a MUCH thicker banger. Same core reactor design, slightly shorter bucket. Different hard case and different packaging. CCV version in a cardboard case, Focus version in a plastic case. Both have authentication cards.

Anyhow, if anyone has another color base and wants to trade for green, let me know!

androponic

vaped.

androponic

vaped.
Here's another. This is the one I bought. The first one I bought was shipped and sold by Amazon so I got it in a couple days. The second one was shipped from China.

same thing happened to me with the other one. i got the first in a week and extras took a while. i actually have both bubblecap styles as well. maybe a failed order or someone cancelled and we got them from a warehouse location. still great for the money! aeven the china shipped ones claimed fullfilled by amazon. i dont think they verify sellers inventory anymore, the amazon rules are pretty loose nowadays.

androponic,
I love them. I like the 3mm thickness. Quick heat up and cool down.

The tags on them say MADE IN DE. Last I heard DE was Germany and lots of quality stuff comes out of Germany. Or, at least it did in the 20th century.

disGRUNTled

Breaking in the RIO w/ some Granddaddy purple wax.......
IMG-3112.jpg

IMG-3114.jpg

OyVape

FYI RiO peeps!
@710Coils has hybrid round/flat bangers on his site now! They look perfectly proportioned for the Rio.

I thought I was done spending $ on dab toys for the 420 sales...but NOOO, this had to happen!

Texus

FYI RiO peeps!
@710Coils has hybrid round/flat bangers on his site now! They look perfectly proportioned for the Rio.

I thought I was done spending $ on dab toys for the 420 sales...but NOOO, this had to happen!
I am trying to figure out why the hybrid might be advantageous over the normal rounded. Not too experienced with torch rigs...

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
The hybrid comes into play for those who want to pair round bottom with an enail.

The enail’s coil will not fit a traditional round bottom.

... I also ordered both from 710 yesterday!

FlyingLow,

OyVape

@FlyingLow, I got it to use with the Rio rather than an enail. I invariably kept accidentally burning myself on the hot coils.

I think the hybrid will be the best of both worlds, especially with the thick bottom for holding heat.

Top Bottom