Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

Evacipate

@Kins I agree those seem like they're $100+ overpriced but it's hard to tell much from just 1 low res picture. They look extra fragile too, I like the profile of my RiO as it is, I wish they would just work on getting their regular waterpipes back in stock before venturing off on limited editon stuff like this tbh.

Last edited:
Evacipate,

Evacipate

@delicatebunting I suppose I'm just looking at it objectively from the standpoint of myself running the company. What am I saying to my customers by allowing a key component of the main device they're buying to be out of stock for 2 months while then prioritizing really impractical looking new limited edition versions of that item priced at or higher than the actual device itself and more than 3x the OOS versions. I would imagine selling a new expensive item while the more affordable version remains out of stock for months would look kind of shady? I don't think this is the case, but idk and once again thinking from myself being the company and wondering how I would be perceived, it just seems off.

It's just too bad because I initially almost passed on the RiO as I really wanted to simply buy the it with the sandblasted teal waterpipe and a different banger/cap. However, their sales model only allows you to essentially buy a "vanilla" version with the default reactor core banger/cap and the default plain clear waterpipe and then you have to upgrade it if you want anything different, instead of being able to "custom" build your own RiO choosing which base, banger/cap, and waterpipe you want. This increases the cost on the customer and was a tiny red flag but not enough to prevent me from purchase as the Black Friday price I received allowed me to justify putting the money I saved towards the waterpipe and banger I preferred, the waterpipe being OOS at the time but I didn't realize that was going last until February and possibly beyond.

Oh well "first world problems" and all. I guess I'm just starting to think everything Stache makes is sort of "limited edition" lol... 🤭😉

Evacipate,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Wow that is one fucked up perspective! Silliest rant ever...

You are mad at a company because they sell out of a highly in-demand product?
And you are more upset that they sell limited editions?

Shame on Stashe, right?

if it were my company, I'd be focused on pumping out MORE Limited Editions and recyclers, Id rather sell those at $250+ than a sandblasted rig for $80. What do I know about business though... :rofl:

delicatebunting

I have to imagine it's not a that in-demand item, so there's no inclination to have much stock on-hand. And probably production/shipping issues with Covid/China?

I don't think Stache is doing anything in-house other than final assembly. They're selling what they have.

delicatebunting,
Reactions: Shrike

Evacipate

Wow that is one fucked up perspective! Silliest rant ever...

You are mad at a company because they sell out of a highly in-demand product?
And you are more upset that they sell limited editions?

Shame on Stashe, right?

if it were my company, I'd be focused on pumping out MORE Limited Editions and recyclers, Id rather sell those at $250+ than a sandblasted rig for $80. What do I know about business though... :rofl:

Wow...Kind of quick to attack huh? Did you not see my last sentence that clearly indicates I wasn't being 100% serious? More of an "in an ideal world" perspective that I didn't force anyone to read lol.

This is a forum for cannabis use, right? Lol who is possibly "mad" here? I'm simply stating my observation and opinion, which up until now I thought was encouraged. But if you want to invalidate it that's your choice and really not of my concern, my friend.

And lol wow there's nothing silly about expecting a company to keep their standard parts in stock before adding really exotic and expensive versions. Like I said, I bought the RiO as a fully contained unit with parts I didn't really want thinking I'd be able to order the ones I did when they came back in stock. And months later they're still not in stock and the company is instead focused on versions that are literally 3x the cost of the standard waterpipe. Why does my expressing minor frustrating over that bother you so much? Why is that a silly rant?

I guess then if it were your company then you'd be part of the mass conglomerate mentality choking the world with their avarice rather that being focused on your customer's desires? I expect that most places, but not here so that's kind of sad to be honest. You seemed like a more down to earth stoner rather than a "fuck you got mine" type.

And I'm sorry but I don't do the fanboi thing. I like Stache a lot, but I won't attack someone else that speaks ill of them and that is part of why I started posting here but perhaps I need to reconsider that.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Wow...Kind of quick to attack huh? Did you not see my last sentence that clearly indicates I wasn't being 100% serious? More of an "in an ideal world" perspective that I didn't force anyone to read lol.

This is a forum for cannabis use, right? Lol who is possibly "mad" here? I'm simply stating my observation and opinion, which up until now I thought was encouraged. But if you want to invalidate it that's your choice and really not of my concern, my friend.

And lol wow there's nothing silly about expecting a company to keep their standard parts in stock before adding really exotic and expensive versions. Like I said, I bought the RiO as a fully contained unit with parts I didn't really want thinking I'd be able to order the ones I did when they came back in stock. And months later they're still not in stock and the company is instead focused on versions that are literally 3x the cost of the standard waterpipe. Why does my expressing minor frustrating over that bother you so much? Why is that a silly rant?

I guess then if it were your company then you'd be part of the mass conglomerate mentality choking the world with their avarice rather that being focused on your customer's desires? I expect that most places, but not here so that's kind of sad to be honest. You seemed like a more down to earth stoner rather than a "fuck you got mine" type.

And I'm sorry but I don't do the fanboi thing. I like Stache a lot, but I won't attack someone else that speaks ill of them and that is part of why I started posting here but perhaps I need to reconsider that.
Brother- it was a cheeky response, sorry it got you so bent out of shape!

I still think your stance is silly... first world problems, right?
Don't feel so slighted because they don't have the parts you seek. It is not a burn, they are not abandoning customers... it appears they are capturing new ones with their latest offerings.

Its not a fuck you got mine mentality to appreciate nice shit. I work hard, I can pay for nice shit, and unlike you I see great value in these recyclers- I hope they do more of these @$250+ before releasing more standard accessories. I will definitely buy one! It is not a conglomerate mentality to want more cooling on these little rigs! Come on, brighten up!

delicatebunting

I guess then if it were your company then you'd be part of the mass conglomerate mentality choking the world with their avarice rather that being focused on your customer's desires?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'd watch out FlyLo, this man has bars.

Also, a little help on this:

When do you guys q-tip your banger? I followed Troy's Rio review (11:35), wait for the beginning of a boil, turn off the torch, get a couple pulls from that, reheat for 1-2 more pulls, then clean. I read somewhere that the reheat is not necessary that all the THC will have been vaped on the first go. Is the reheat necessary?

LabPong

@Kins I agree those seem like they're $100+ overpriced but it's hard to tell much from just 1 low res picture. They look extra fragile too, I like the profile of my RiO as it is, I wish they would just work on getting their regular waterpipes back in stock before venturing off on limited editon stuff like this tbh.

I would of told you to get a 710coils banger and PI cap with pearl balls......for just a bit less than the lower quality parts you got. But the stuff you got is probably better than stock glass quality. ( I ran from that seller after my first order.....terrible CS and low quality products). The stock rio bangers are low low quality glass.....I can taste it instantly.

My fav banger for my Rio's is the 710coils opaque 25mm (deep dish one) with two 6mm ruby pearls, and Pi cap. Perfect!

LabPong,

LabPong

Anyone have one of the $$$ recyclers for their Rio yet? I know of 1 or 2 people that ordered....just wondering how well they work.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I intend to get one, but have not been able to coordinate my schedule to be available during either of the first two drops...

I am sure one is in my future, will likely order whichever is available but I do favor the teal... I cannot decide if I like the shower head or the inline perc better.

delicatebunting

Picked up a 30mm deep dish from 710 Coils and a 25mm sapphire insert from Greek Glass.

Heat up takes forever, but this might be endgame.

delicatebunting,

Texus

For those interested in the Rio Stache, they've now lowered the prices on them by $50 to $200 with the most recent batch.

Texus,
I bet you can still find them for $100 if ya dig around
If you see one anywhere near that price, I would love a link. So far, the best price I have found is Vaporsolo for $126 but they have been out of stock forever. The next best price I saw was about $170 and they were out of stock as well. $200 is the lowest price I could find from anyplace that actually had it in stock. TIA

scion34

@Hackerman If you happen to live in a legal/medical area I’ve seen them as low as $170~ on WeedMaps at local dispensary’s here in OK. Combine that with a first time discount and you could probably score one for a good price... I wish I had done this, I didn’t think to search RiO in Weedmaps until after I had ordered from CCV. I think $200 and below is well worth it, I absolutely love my RiO

I'm not in a legal state. I'll check out Weedmaps anyway. Might lead somewhere.

True, 4-20 is coming.

Thanks

Hackerman,
I just grabbed the Teal one. One left in green.

I have never dealt with Vaporsolo. Anyone have a good or bad reference for them?

Thanks

Hackerman,

@Hackerman I grabbed one in teal as well :) I've had my eye on these for a while, but couldn't justify it at $250. $140 is too low to resist!

Hope we get them quickly in good condition!

Thanks for posting @scion34

Top Bottom