• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

CDN_VAShole

I like stuff
got this beauty in the mail the other day... broken. Lol. Thankfully i have another en route and Adam is sending me a replacement glass. Now i want to find some fun attachments for it. Like a new banger and carb cap. Time to read back and see what you all are using.

LabPong

I'm still thinking of picking up the round bottom banger from the stache website. $45 plus shipping is a little step though. Cheapest shipping option is $14!. $59 I'd pay total.

I would opt for others....the stock bangers from Rio are cheap......I can taste the diff even with other $50 ones.

The first issue you need to worry about when finding another banger to use on the Rio is the sizing/fit ability. When you get that worked
out, you then have choices narrowed down quite a bit as normal torching bangers are not made to fit the wider gap from rio joint to torch
adjusting points. The minimal spaced needed is about 43mm from joint to bowl center.

Glass/Quartz quality is the next issue....this is hard to figure out by price alone and I do not have enough experience with torching a ton of
different bangers to tell anyone how they all stack up right now. Maybe someone else with good torching banger experience will chime in.

Here are the 2 different bangers I use.....and I get 2 very different experiences with them. One for milking low temp super tasty hits, and the
second one for fast strong hits. The thick bottom 710 one takes the torching well and it's hard to scorch your dab. It gives you the best ability
to extend the taste through the full dab intake. The LIQ round bottom is 3mm thick, but heats up super fast and you have to be careful not to
heat too long.....or you blow past the taste end of the dab and get to the full medical part of it. lol

710coils 25mm opaque deep dish with thick bottom $50

Long Island Quartz $125

Rio-Deep-Dishes.jpg

(in this pic the torch is not fitted to the 710 banger.....it actually does hit perfect in center all the way in)

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I just had my first experience with Customer Support this week and their response was outstanding!

I received a round bottom that had a slight crack, discretely hidden by the packaging. I sent a picture, Stashe responded hours later with a phone call. Their rep was awesome, he did not delay and got a new banger in the mail (and sent me tracking), then sent a shipping label for the return.

I so appreciate it when any company will send a replacement before receiving the returned product. It saves so much time!

He was not aware of FuckCombustion, so I invited him to our forum.

VAPEHUNTER

I just had my first experience with Customer Support this week and their response was outstanding!

I received a round bottom that had a slight crack, discretely hidden by the packaging. I sent a picture, Stashe responded hours later with a phone call. Their rep was awesome, he did not delay and got a new banger in the mail (and sent me tracking), then sent a shipping label for the return.

I so appreciate it when any company will send a replacement before receiving the returned product. It saves so much time!

He was not aware of FuckCombustion, so I invited him to our forum.
That’s the exact Opposite of my experience.
Way back on January 6th I contacted them because the carb cap they sent me didn’t fit the round bottom banger they sent me.

I emailed them and they responded fairly quickly with “Unfortunately the round and flat don’t fit the original carb . Once we receive our bubble caps I can send you one out on us .”

I haven’t heard back since. I actually forgot about it because I have since changed bangers but I would like to try the round bottom banger with a cap that fits.

LabPong

That’s the exact Opposite of my experience.
Way back on January 6th I contacted them because the carb cap they sent me didn’t fit the round bottom banger they sent me.

I emailed them and they responded fairly quickly with “Unfortunately the round and flat don’t fit the original carb . Once we receive our bubble caps I can send you one out on us .”

I haven’t heard back since. I actually forgot about it because I have since changed bangers but I would like to try the round bottom banger with a cap that fits.

I would not consider that the same situation to gauge their CS. I mean you could of contacted them after a week or so of not getting anything. So maybe it was a simple snafu and someone forgot to do it. It was also 1 year ago, and you forgot about it. lol

Who knows....maybe they would of sent you more than the replacement part after you let them know they dropped the ball. 🤔

LabPong

That there is bad CS, any way you sugar coat it. :2c:
I would say it was a bad CS incident and not something to totally white wash the entire business with.

The way you state it as bad CS.....seems like your throwing the baby out with the bath water so to speak. lol

LabPong,

rvarick

I've been happy with their CS (very responsive in my case), but the QC - not so much. I started with a bubbler and banger that didn't cooperate (bad seal, wobble). I received a replacement bubbler that did cooperate with the banger (thanks PIU!). However later, I decided to try a round-bottom banger from Stache Products. The one I received didn't seal properly with either the new or the previous bubbler, plus was centered poorly and didn't have a frosted/ground joint as advertised. They replaced the banger (good CS!), but it was unfortunately worse than the first. SP suggested my bubblers could both be bad, and offered another replacement but at that point I called it a loss and stuck with my working flat-bottom banger. I realize hand-blown glass is hard to get perfect but it still can be frustrating to experience this.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've been kicking myself for not ordering a Rio Makeover after reading about how cheaply some folks got it on Black Friday and about how much people are enjoying it. But given how many other vapes I have, I just couldn't rationalize paying full or just slightly discounted. I was going to try the cheap SOC Peak knock-off instead. I went to the cheapest site for the SOC, $66! and was about to pull the trigger when I thought I should check on what else they had at these amazing prices. Well they had the Rio Makeover for $136, so I grabbed one. $8 for postage. Still a great deal. Looking forward to trying this.

PS: VaporSolo is where I got it at this price.

Last edited:

LabPong

I've been kicking myself for not ordering a Rio Makeover after reading about how cheaply some folks got it on Black Friday and about how much people are enjoying it. But given how many other vapes I have, I just couldn't rationalize paying full or just slightly discounted. I was going to try the cheap SOC Peak knock-off instead. I went to the cheapest site for the SOC, $66! and was about to pull the trigger when I thought I should check on what else they had at these amazing prices. Well they had the Rio Makeover for $136, so I grabbed one. $8 for postage. Still a great deal. Looking forward to trying this.

PS: VaporSolo is where I got it at this price.

Awesome....thanks for the heads up PBB!!!!! :tup:

Glad you got the Rio as it will offer you an authentic dab experience over any e-rig.

I've been happy with their CS (very responsive in my case), but the QC - not so much. I started with a bubbler and banger that didn't cooperate (bad seal, wobble). I received a replacement bubbler that did cooperate with the banger (thanks PIU!). However later, I decided to try a round-bottom banger from Stache Products. The one I received didn't seal properly with either the new or the previous bubbler, plus was centered poorly and didn't have a frosted/ground joint as advertised. They replaced the banger (good CS!), but it was unfortunately worse than the first. SP suggested my bubblers could both be bad, and offered another replacement but at that point I called it a loss and stuck with my working flat-bottom banger. I realize hand-blown glass is hard to get perfect but it still can be frustrating to experience this.

Unfortunately the bangers they source are of a more "budget minded" quality I feel. First thing I did after using the stock one was to use my 710coils banger on the Rio......way better.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Awesome....thanks for the heads up PBB!!!!! :tup:

Glad you got the Rio as it will offer you an authentic dab experience over any e-rig.

Unfortunately the bangers they source are of a more "budget minded" quality I feel. First thing I did after using the stock one was to use my 710coils banger on the Rio......way better.
The price was so good, I wondered if were real. But they've already sent a "shipped" notice, and it again says "Rio Makeover" and not just Rio so its the current model.

And I ordered the Stache rounded bottom banger, based on FlyingLow's constant raving. I did look at the 710coils ones but thought I'd give Stache some business and, being a newbie with this, I wanted to be sure of a perfect fit. Got a few 4 and 6mm pearls to try too. Great fun. Can't wait to try my first real bangers.

PS: I read the entire thread! First time I've done that before and in the midst of a purchase. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I love the round bottom, but apparently from other's experiences and my own, I do think they may have received a less than perfect shipment of round bottoms. I've recently received a couple that did not fit right in the joint and wobbled. They were not an airtight seal, but Stashe responded with new quartz right away.

If you have not shipped, it may benefit you to call and ask if they will test fit it before shipping to ensure a perfect fit.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I'm shocked at how quickly the package arrived, given the price. I don't see the words Makeover anywhere, but its got the updated torch, banger, cap and perc and its got the Authenticity Card.

I just tested it with a small dab of Zweet Insanity honey wax and a bit of Ninja Fruit crumble. Qtips spin perfectly in the newer banger. I've been using concentrates for just about a year, quite a lot! Trying all different kinds: Shatter, crumble, honey wax, frothed wax, crystals, rosin live and otherwise...lovely delicious strong stuff. Using a Sai with nearly a dozen different coils and Gpen Connect, always 100% with my big double perc bubbler. I really like both of them and get total milky hits pretty consistently. Also played with sandwiches in my VapCap, Crafty and Fury2. And been through a few carts. The Rio is in a different league. Wow!

I had doubts about the way it would look or feel on my work table, and using a torch. So far, I'm very impressed. And feelin' it.;)

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Dabnation still cannot find my payment even though my bank says it is sitting there waiting for them to claim it, might have to wait for the next Black Friday deal...Oh well.

LesPlenty,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Jesus, what a blast. How blasted did I get! First time ever using a banger. Great hits and great fun. But I scorched the bottom of the banger when I put too much shatter in and then reheated it too hot. Tried soaking in ISO but the scorching is still there. Never having used a banger before: What should I do?

LabPong

Jesus, what a blast. How blasted did I get! First time ever using a banger. Great hits and great fun. But I scorched the bottom of the banger when I put too much shatter in and then reheated it too hot. Tried soaking in ISO but the scorching is still there. Never having used a banger before: What should I do?

Get some Dark Crystal Glass cleaner. A little goes a long way. I found an 8.oz bottle for about $10 this summer.

It works well on metal too. Got my dynavap tips looking brand new!

rvarick

Second the Dark Crystal Cleaner! I purchased mine from Amazon. If the stain is really stubborn, you can even momentarily heat a small quantity of Dark Crystal cleaner directly in the banger until it starts to boil. Just don't let it boil over, and don't inhale obviously! From here, the stain will usually wipe off easily with a q-tip.

SixStringToker

Naked member
So it is a butt plug?

I can neither deny nor confirm and further statements regarding my butt plug...

Somebody ::cough:: let this one get too dirty for glam shots last night; all clean now!

50813961336_57d507fff1_o.jpg

The Dab Slugger (it looks a bit like a baseball bat) was once one of those long skinny dabbers that New Vape sells with the ball on the end. I cut it short on both sides and rounded the ends. I love that little thing, but it spends most of its time being lost. heh.

Top Bottom