Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

Evacipate

I must admit, as great as the "stock" RiO experience is, you guys have me curious about these other bangers, pearls, spinner caps, etc. I looked through some options on DHgate and this banger, cap & pearl set strikes me as interesting. I like the "stemless" carb cap, so long as it doesn't get too hot to pick up. Anyone here have anything good or bad to say about this or anything similar? I looked at reviews and images hoping to find mention of the RiO without any luck after a few pages. Any way to ensure they will fit or is it always going to be kind of a gamble? And I'm presuming I would need to select the "90° 14mm male+round pattern caps" option?

4mm-thick-quartz-banger-nail-domeless-90.jpg

Evacipate,
Reactions: LesPlenty

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I was fortunate enough to grab an Evan Shore Titty bundle on his Black Friday drop, and added a bubble plug spinner cap... Evan said it was his favorite cap that he offers... I cannot wait for this to land, it was supposed to be delivered December 4 so I am holding my breath.

IMG_3067_1024x1024.jpg

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Ratatat
Here's my rio i got Friday from caliconnected. Wish my banger was a little more centered. Couple more millimeters of space between the banger and torch would have been nice too.

I can't post a picture is there a trick I need to learn?

Robert Paulson,
Reactions: Evacipate

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
That amount of gap between your banger and torch is perfectly normal.
The original units were about half as wide as your makeover.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Upload to filehost like imgur, keep hidden and then copy image location. While creating your message here, paste that location into the image box (ctrl-p) and then click to resize so it doesn't blowup the thread (no offense @LesPlenty :D).
I don't know much about uploading stuff...I just use the Attach files tab and load directly to FC, just keep it under 2MB as instructed in the posting pictures thread.
I am also half-blind so big pictures are good!

Also, I just managed to pay for my RIO, their site said I was unsuccessful paying multiple times but my bank called me to make sure nothing fishy was happening and said I got 1x payment through, hopefully, Dabnation will get it underway.

Evacipate

I don't know much about uploading stuff...I just use the Attach files tab and load directly to FC, just keep it under 2MB as instructed in the posting pictures thread.
I am also half-blind so big pictures are good!

Also, I just managed to pay for my RIO, their site said I was unsuccessful paying multiple times but my bank called me to make sure nothing fishy was happening and said I got 1x payment through, hopefully, Dabnation will get it underway.
Haha no worries man I was only kidding. I just prefer to scale the image down and then one can click on it to increase the size- keeps the thread cleaner. However, forum decorum is hardly a world issue and I'm sure something of which we all infringe upon anyways. Also, the reason I prefer something like imgur and linking instead of attaching is because it keeps all the images you share in a centralized location that you can go back to as a group and even delete easily if you need to- there's also a section to download all your images with one click. Plus imgur has less file size restriction to boot. But honestly these are minor advantages only useful to some so you do you, my friend. :peace::tup:

Evacipate,

Evacipate

So originally I had some pretty basic concentrates, like $15/G or less shatter since I couldn't really justify anything pricier in the wax pen and I still thought the RiO ripped like a beast. Now that I've experienced it with premium diamonds like these...wow the taste and effect with low temps is just mind blowing. I'm truly shocked at the results even with the lofty expectations I admittedly had. If anyone is reading this far into this thread and is still on the fence, just do it and you'll thank yourself later...

ANdg0ik.jpg

Evacipate

Key Lime Pie is one of my favorites!
It's got the buzz of Girl Scout Cookies, but a better more complex flavor.
Same! It wasn't cheap at $50/g but the second I saw it I grabbed some and at that price, it certainly doesn't disappoint. In fact, it's given me one of the strongest effects I've experienced in a very long time but it's still fantastic for daytime use as it doesn't make me lethargic and the flavor is just unreal. I was fortunate enough to procure several really good strains last trip, including some really good GMO Cookies sugar wax too. It tastes atrocious haha- very mushroomy so I know it's legit and the effect in the RiO is super strong and sedating. Perfect for nighttime.

So, I don't know about everyone else but I'm stocked up and ready for Cyberpunk 2077. Is it Thursday yet?... :cool::rockon::borg:

androponic

vaped.
i just received my black and white RIO from dabnation.com and it is the makeover edition since some folks were wondering based on the sale price. 125 bucks is a steal and free shipping too. definitely a place to watch when 4/20 comes around and they probably do 50% off again. i also grabbed a few other toys and everything was just as expected.

Evacipate

Amen. Distillate cartridges are definitely still very convenient imo but I'll never look at manual load atomizers quite the same way again. Cleaned the banger today and got most of the little bit of black char that was stuck to the very bottom off. Probably from the lesser quality shatters as well as my learning how not to overheat the nail. After which, being so pristine I decided to bless the clean nail with a large dose of GMO Cookies since I wasn't planning to get much else done today haha. It did not disappoint. I'm so happy with this damn contraption it's crazy...

L5hL1f4.jpg
q6FKKle.jpg

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
The burn in is not the quality of your shatter, it is entirely timing. It will stop happening with experience, as you learn how far you can push it.

I went through more bangers than I can count when I got started, like at least one every month and I would chazz it all up. Now, my bangers' lifespans exceed a year, and will last many more years if I treat them well.

Evacipate

That makes sense, however I did not mean to imply that my shatter was inferior or that shatter in general is inherently poor quality, it's just lower grade hence the typical bargain prices. I suppose my theory was based on the fact that comparable quantities of different forms of concentrates leave varying levels of residue behind. My observation thus far has been that shatter leaves behind the most by far. It takes at least 2 Qtips with a dab of shatter vs 1 Q tip with a dab of sugar wax for instance. Diamonds barely leave behind anything in my experience, just a little grey residue on the Qtip.

That said, I believe I was able to trace back the cause of the residue that is building up only in the front half of the bottom of the banger. I'm almost certain this is because I'm leaning backwards when I use the RiO, which causes the oil to slightly pool to the back and leave the front pretty much bare. When I tip it back forward I'm guessing the oil shifts back over onto the hotter surface of the bare nail and burns, which explains some funky flavors sometimes too. Also, as lucky as I got with my RiO being so well centered, it still favors the front of the core ever so slightly so more heat is technically going towards to front of the bowl too which I need to compensate for. I'm going to test this theory and make sure I lean forward more or at least not backward when using and if no more residue then it just might be the cause.

I'm pretty happy with the stock core banger but I am getting interested in procuring another, at least as a backup in case. Really curious about these spinner caps and terp pearls just not sure if it's really worth the extra money and trouble. The idea of "self stirring" is pretty tempting but I just feel ambivalent about the whole thing, especially not being certain it will properly align with the RiO...

Evacipate,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I just started using a ruby pearl and it really is a game changer. I suggest just one small pearl. All my previous efforts used larger pearls and required too heavy a pull to move the stones. A single little one is easier to move and will spread your concentrate well all over the surface of the banger.

LabPong

I think round bottoms might be the way to go...especially for smaller dabs. It just seems easier to control the oil and get the most out of it.

I'm using 710coils bangers right now.....and I find they are so much better for taste then the stock bangers. I am waiting on a AFL round bottom banger to show up monday for testing...can't wait. I might try a more expensive US made banger if I feel the AFM (us made) is not up to par and on the same quality of the 710coils ones (good quality from china actually).....which I think it will.

Here is what my setups are now with the normal and deep dish 710coils 25mm bangers. If you put a different banger on your Rio.....understand some might not fit well as the torch might not line up well because the stem on the banger is too short horizontally. Also the height of the banger stem could be an issue as well....keep that in mind. But you can get 3 bangers of the same kind...and the dimension of the stem could be different on all three.......see how mine line up below.....one has the torch all the way in...the other further out.

710riosB.jpg

Blue= deep dish 25mm opaque
Black= 25mm clear bottom

710riosA.jpg

Top Bottom