Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Let's not forget that the beauty of RBT heaters is their inertia and the fact they work pretty well in power mode (or voltage regulation in the Zion)

For TC mode a tiny coil or two like for instance in the Imp/Impcognito works pretty well, but when you try to use it in power mode it becomes super finicky and can glow quickly. It was to some extent the case with the MistVape Touch compared to the Milaana. The former had a much lighter mass heater and required (at least for me) much more button feathering.

So yeah, the fact RBT heaters work very well in power mode coupled with the hassle and complexity of setting TC profiles (or even TFR curves etc) and installing custom geek firmware are surely the reasons why Ryan did not bother too much. The things just rip and hit pretty hard, mission accomplished. The KISS principle at its best.

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
I had understood that he said that using the Splinter in wattage mode would be safer for the longevity of the device and that tcr mode would not guarantee this. Am I wrong?

TiSteamo,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I had understood that he said that using the Splinter in wattage mode would be safer for the longevity of the device and that tcr mode would not guarantee this. Am I wrong?

Yeah that's not necessarily true at all, more so about using cruise if anything, he says wattage for the simplicity basically. As long as you limit your max wattage appropriately, it does not matter whether TCR or power mode for the longevity of anything... In fact pushing the max wattage can also be quite forgivable too, depending how you use it...

Notacaveman

Hey guys I love my splinter z, I've gone through three different mods with it though, two wismec gen 3's and a fuchai glow. All three broke, the fuchai pretty much exploded when I was trying to install custom firmware and put the batteries into the unit whilst it was plugged into my laptop, my laptop completely cut out and I couldn't get wifi to work on it for ages hahaha, the glow started throwing sparks and the LEDs got bright as hell. One of the wismecs just died on me and I dropped the other ☺️

On all three mods I was trying to set up TCR but now I pretty much gave up on TCR and I'm running it in wattage on a tac-21 mod just because I think they look so pretty together.

Well now I'm thinking I want to run it in TCR but get it dialled in properly this time, I want to get maximum performance out of this thing and I've heard it's a different experience entirely when it is. I'm having such a good time in wattage mode however I'm just not sure it's worth going through the trouble, is it really that much better in TCR? What would be the best/easiest setup for TCR on this thing?

Notacaveman,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
What would be the best/easiest setup for TCR on this thing?
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. The best Splinter and Splinter Z mods are the Joyetech Espion and the Wismec Ravage230, the only two mods that run Red Panda. You need access to a Windows computer to install Red Panda. You can pm me your email address when you get the mod and I'll send you a config file to import for easy setup, although it's just a few settings: TCR 120 to 145, max watts 50, and just accept the cold unlocked resistance which you should never have to set or adjust.

I found all my Red Panda mods from deal links on cheapvaping.deals but they don't have a current deal for either mod right now:

I think mine mostly came from vapesourcing and I've had good results with US and Chinese warehouse shipping but the new vape shipping ban could change that.

PXL_20210214_213124381~2.jpg

Last edited:

Notacaveman

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. The best Splinter and Splinter Z mods are the Joyetech Espion and the Wismec Ravage230, the only two mods that run Red Panda. You need access to a Windows computer to install Red Panda. You can pm me your email address when you get the mod and I'll send you a config file to import for easy setup, although it's just a few settings: TCR 120 to 145, max watts 50, and just accept the cold unlocked resistance which you should never have to set or adjust.

I found all my Red Panda mods from deal links on cheapvaping.deals but they don't have a current deal for either mod right now:

I think mine mostly came from vapesourcing and I've had good results with US and Chinese warehouse shipping but the new vape shipping ban could change that.

Thank you bossman, that's really kind of you! I'll have a look around online tonight and see which of those mods are available in the UK, this will be my 5th and hopefully last mod I buy for the splinter but she's more than worth it.

Shit Snacks

View attachment 6368
Thank you bossman, that's really kind of you! I'll have a look around online tonight and see which of those mods are available in the UK, this will be my 5th and hopefully last mod I buy for the splinter but she's more than worth it.

Just wanted to add, for the Splinter Z, the TCR value should be 160 in my experience (125 for regular Splinter) and I actually do lock the resistance now though I didn't at first... I posted recently if you go back a few pages, describing my whole process for setting up two different splinter z's recently with red panda on ravage and espion...

Also if for some reason you cannot find those two mods anymore anywhere, at least find one that is compatible with Arctic Fox, similar to Red Panda (that is what I used to set up my regular Splinter on a P80 with good temp control, but you probably want dual battery mod for the Z....)

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I am looking to buy any Red Panda / Arctic Fox with good Splinter V2 settings capable. i will configure everything alone,
the problem is Wismec P80 is out of stock everywhere and so is Ravage230

will Eleaf iStick T80 will be fine? or S80

out of all site vapesourcing.com what would you recommend ?

GoldenBud,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I am looking to buy any Red Panda / Arctic Fox with good Splinter V2 settings capable. i will configure everything alone,
the problem is Wismec P80 is out of stock everywhere and so is Ravage230

will Eleaf iStick T80 will be fine? or S80

out of all site vapesourcing.com what would you recommend ?

Arctic Fox runs great on the RX Gen3 Dual and the size is an even better fit for the V2 with twice the battery life of the P80

GoldenBud

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
do any of you guys actually use that gnome evo kit for anything? It’s for ecig juice I think? I have one but never used it

Ratatat,

Toyo

Hi thinking how to fix a broken glass atomizer splinter Z it got unglued when weather was so humid and pop out getting droped on a rock, are those piezes of glass avalible on sale?wondering how to fix this maybe a imitation on clay?

Toyo,

androponic

vaped.
Hi thinking how to fix a broken glass atomizer splinter Z it got unglued when weather was so humid and pop out getting droped on a rock, are those piezes of glass avalible on sale?wondering how to fix this maybe a imitation on clay?
reach out to @Unklmark68 he has parts and all of the info and also does repairs too. he is actually the official RBT repair service too.

Shit Snacks

I know all y'all have moved away from the DNA mods, but I still find the best mod for my SplinterZ is my VT75D. Very consistent and controllable. I have a Splinter on an RX 2/3 that I use in power mode and that is fine also, but I prefer the DNA mod...

Is that a color DNA? That software is so tedious, Arctic Fox and Red Panda is much better for me... Plus auto fire options!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yes, 75 watt color DNA.
VT75-D-w-canary.jpg

Shit Snacks

Yes, 75 watt color DNA.
VT75-D-w-canary.jpg

Yeah that's the chip I have in the dovpo mono square too, I hate how you can't just simply adjust the temperature up or down, it requires extra clicks to do so... My iHeat lives there (I do still have purpleheart Z on the bronze RX DNA 250 too, neither have been used in almost a year now though lol)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Ordered a V2 from RBT this last drop and just got my package. Everything in it except the actual splinter itself. Really disappointed. I emailed RBT so hopefully I can get this straightened out. Never had anything like this happen before.
:doh:

vapviking,
Top Bottom