• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
Where are people getting that he's coming back? I checked the RBT Instagram and all I see is a post of him... Discouraging people from registering to vote, I guess? And I'll just refrain from further comment there.
It seems insanely irresponsible to actively encourage people not to vote. Even worse to do so under the guise of “political atheism” when you clearly do have a favourite. This and that horribly anti-European “review” he posted (now deleted) were disappointing to see, to say the least.

Hmm I don't see it now but I thought he made a post. Maybe it was on his story, I can't recall.
I think this was it (you can see people getting excited in the comments) http://instagr.am/p/CF2HIWUncD2/

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
It seems insanely irresponsible to actively encourage people not to vote. Even worse to do so under the guise of “political atheism” when you clearly do have a favourite. This and that horribly anti-European “review” he posted (now deleted) were disappointing to see, to say the least.

I think this was it (you can see people getting excited in the comments) http://instagr.am/p/CF2HIWUncD2/

I can see Ryan's point. In the UK at least we have a democracy in name only. All the cards are stacked in a certain way and only one view point is shown. You are allowed a choice of tea, or tea with milk but not coffee. Let the sheep vote.

Picked up the splinter Z after a long break. I am yet to find a vape that tastes better. Does anyone know one?

Bazinga

Oddjobold - Ironically, last night I used my Splinter for the first time in about 6 weeks. Been using the TM, IQ2 and the P80 (damn VAS). I must say the Splinter is great !! Uses very little weed, not harsh, cleaning is simple, etc. At the end of the day all my devices get the job done and the Splinter seems to check all my boxes.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Picked up the splinter Z after a long break. I am yet to find a vape that tastes better. Does anyone know one?
Nope! I haven't been able to match the flavor and dense, lower temp cloud output of my Zs. Try yours on a Red Panda mod if you haven't already done so. My Ravage and Espion Zs are equal to any of the DNA250C mods I've setup.

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
I can see Ryan's point. In the UK at least we have a democracy in name only. All the cards are stacked in a certain way and only one view point is shown. You are allowed a choice of tea, or tea with milk but not coffee. Let the sheep vote.

It’s a fair perspective to hold (whether or not I agree), but using his platform to push the idea is objectively immoral in my opinion. He certainly didn’t garner the audience on the basis of his political standings and using it to promote them is gross (especially when he isn’t actually impartial).
Didn’t want to continue off topic, but thought to clarify.

As @bossman has said (and continues to say!) the Z/Ravage/Redpanda combo makes for an excellent experience. It’s not my favourite or endgame, but I do enjoy the low temp flavours through my mini hook :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oddjobold - Ironically, last night I used my Splinter for the first time in about 6 weeks. Been using the TM, IQ2 and the P80 (damn VAS). I must say the Splinter is great !! Uses very little weed, not harsh, cleaning is simple, etc. At the end of the day all my devices get the job done and the Splinter seems to check all my boxes.

Interesting how after all that, waiting for TM and P80, getting splinter in the meantime, when you come back to the splinter here reminded how great it actually is!

@bossman Yeah I think I actually might have to try just putting ArcticFox on my G3D with ZV1 instead of tubo, bc my regular V2 is so good with ArcticFox on my P80... Based on your results with red panda Z's I am thinking maybe it is that, along with the apparently better mod.

Bazinga

Hey Snacks - it's because of you and Bossman that I went the Splinter route!! I thanked you guys before and I thank you again !! BTW - also in my rotation is the Fury Edge and the IQ2. This VAS is not quite as bad as my photography addiction, or my drone addiction. MERDE !!! I need help !!

jbm

@bossman Yeah I think I actually might have to try just putting ArcticFox on my G3D with ZV1 instead of tubo, bc my regular V2 is so good with ArcticFox on my P80... Based on your results with red panda Z's I am thinking maybe it is that, along with the apparently better mod.
I’ve been running my purple heart Z on a Ravage with TCR and enjoying it immensely. Great battery life, terrific flavor. @bossman got me on this and I really recommend it.

Rab42

I have been lurking for a while but @bossman got me on the ravage train as well, its a great mod. Figured this would be a good time to show the crew off. I just got that custom cocobolo stem from kgwoodcrafts last week quickly became my favorite.

Sk7oJD2.jpg

seki

Where are people getting that he's coming back? I checked the RBT Instagram and all I see is a post of him... Discouraging people from registering to vote, I guess? And I'll just refrain from further comment there.

Hmm I don't see it now but I thought he made a post. Maybe it was on his story, I can't recall.

Probably a little more appropriate in the Milaana thread, but I think this serves as proof of life, so to speak:
http://instagr.am/p/CGDiFGjHuZ3/
Good news, I've been hoping to pick up a backup 2.

Thanks but in reality it was me being an asshole.
Been doing it a lot lately this is just a glaring example of it.
I need to address it and make some adjustments.
🌷

Asshole-ishness aside, perhaps there was some additional confusion caused by the similarities between Vapor Lighters and the Neo?

dzunk

yeah, i hope they get back to the scene. i have been using crafty prior to my splinter Z, but since i got it it just sitts in a drawer. splinter z is a beast and i was hoping i will be able to get new version of milaana once its get realease for day use. afterall splinter isnt very pocketable

tokenknifeguy

I'm kinda late to this thread, but does anyone know of some aftermarket stems that can be used with the Splinter Z? I really do not care for the big opening at the end of the standard stem. My view on those stems changed after using tetrax stem which the part you inhale from is about the size of a pen. Seems I really like those smaller mouth pieced stems vs the larger opening ones like the standard splinter's. I have been trying to sell my splinter z in the classifieds but I might have to bust it out and put it back in the rotation since the TM I have is dead and I can't get any response from the maker for about 3 months now.

Anyone use the p80 or tetra firmware with the splinter z? Or is there a better firmware to use with it?

tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: arb

gingerbier

Space Ranger
Anyone use the p80 or tetra firmware with the splinter z? Or is there a better firmware to use with it?
I've used Tubo firmware with the Z. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember that the Z is only warrantied for 30 seconds of continuous use, and only up to 50W. Because of those points, I usually use the Z with Arctic Fox (shorter autofire timer/profiles), and save Tubo firmware for the Lamart devices. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't want to take any chances breaking the device when a repair might be hard to come by.

Lately, I've been running it through glass without water. Taste if off the scale.

SquirrelMaster

I'm kinda late to this thread, but does anyone know of some aftermarket stems that can be used with the Splinter Z? I really do not care for the big opening at the end of the standard stem. My view on those stems changed after using tetrax stem which the part you inhale from is about the size of a pen. Seems I really like those smaller mouth pieced stems vs the larger opening ones like the standard splinter's. I have been trying to sell my splinter z in the classifieds but I might have to bust it out and put it back in the rotation since the TM I have is dead and I can't get any response from the maker for about 3 months now.

I am a big fan of tapered mouthpieces for the same reason, they feel really nice compared to a larger opening

What mod are you using with it? I have DNA profiles linked in my signature if that helps.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I like way more cooling than the small tapered glass or wooden stems can offer so I had two 7" custom j-hooks made from Oregonglassblower.com.

If your Z is a custom the Tank from Lamart should fit, yeah? Otherwise OGB does custom stuff. @Shit Snacks got smaller customs from him.

Tubo firmware works well but it's just a myevic variant and you can autofire (i.e. cruise) in TC or wattage on all myevic or sur_myevic too. I don't fuck with any of that low wattage cruising to get a Splinter to act like a log or a G43 so I set autofire to timeout at around 20 seconds on my mods.

Arctic Fox is handy for its pc app and easy copy pasting of profiles but I switched back to myevic the few times I've installed it. I probably just have more reps dialing in the myevic settings.

I might have a tapered Splinter stem I'm not using. Went to send you a pm but you have that disabled I guess.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I've been using tubo with my new Z and it is making me think I should switch to Arctic Fox since that works much better with my V2 at least... Not that I tried the V2 with tubo though.

And yeah check out the nub cooler from Lamart, it should fit a Z, but I am not sure if the tank will...

I've used Tubo firmware with the Z. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember that the Z is only warrantied for 30 seconds of continuous use, and only up to 50W. Because of those points, I usually use the Z with Arctic Fox (shorter autofire timer/profiles), and save Tubo firmware for the Lamart devices. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't want to take any chances breaking the device when a repair might be hard to come by.

Lately, I've been running it through glass without water. Taste if off the scale.

You are kind of wrong, I mean the warranty is kind of moot now anyway, but yes in theory. never really recommended to use cruise with wattage, you have to watch it, but if you have proper temp control setup, cruise at any amount is no problem. Also you can adjust the cruise length with tubo to be any amount, surmyevic it's up to 25sec or infinity, and arctic fox is up to 60sec...

tokenknifeguy

I am a big fan of tapered mouthpieces for the same reason, they feel really nice compared to a larger opening

What mod are you using with it? I have DNA profiles linked in my signature if that helps.
I do got a hcigar dna75 I think box mod, but also a few wismec's and a joytech vtc dual(trying to sell though). I usually just run it in wattage mode but haven't used it in a while. I have the tetrax that I have the firmware for and might try that out and see how it does.

tokenknifeguy,

SquirrelMaster

I do got a hcigar dna75 I think box mod, but also a few wismec's and a joytech vtc dual(trying to sell though). I usually just run it in wattage mode but haven't used it in a while. I have the tetrax that I have the firmware for and might try that out and see how it does.
Ah you're good in wattage then. I've been using mine exclusively in TCR so I had that on my mind.

SquirrelMaster,

Consolidated21

Mediterranean

And I thought i was the only one...
My favourite mouthpiece for the Z is the standard mp from Lamart.
20201009-172154.jpg

Last edited:

entirely_foreign

I've tried tubo and dna firmwares and strongly prefer tubo. I feel like I get more even cooking, and I miss autofire (cruise mode) too much. I've used AF w/ other atomizers (not splinters) and I prefer the 'adjust on the mod' nature of tubo (w/ AF I had to adjust settings on PC which I didn't like). Do you have any specific questions about it?

Top Bottom