• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

chaos191

Thanks so I'll make sure to check back in a bit later and when I get a chance to experiment with this.

chaos191,
Reactions: bossman

Chandler

Greetings RBT fam. I almost left this thread head bowed because of my two retired splinters, but I couldn't leave. My heart kept me revisiting, revisiting... I said fuck it n took my growing TM savings n put in an order at planetvape. SplinterZ v2. At $200CAD with no warranty that's still 50% the price of a TM. It's available, affordable n the best portable I've used to date. While portable, this new one will likely NEVER leave my home!!

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Greetings RBT fam. I almost left this thread head bowed because of my two retired splinters, but I couldn't leave. My heart kept me revisiting, revisiting... I said fuck it n took my growing TM savings n put in an order at planetvape. SplinterZ v2. At $200CAD with no warranty that's still 50% the price of a TM. It's available, affordable n the best portable I've used to date. While portable, this new one will likely NEVER leave my home!!
My ZV2s are likely the best performing of all my Splinters and I've owned every variant.

My favorite mod for the ZV2 for home use is the Wismec Sinuous Ravage230 running Red Panda. It's a bit tall and bulkier than the rxg3d but the quick heatup, super consistent performance, and precise temperature control have me reaching for it over my DNA250C mods, which are a bit more fussy to configure and will occasionally throw temp protect warnings leading to ghost hits.

I have a Tinymight too and I think it's smart to grab one of the last ZV2s and baby it. Get some xl8r cooling stems or splurge for some custom stems at some point too. Also hang on to the short stems that come with your Z as they make great 18mm WPAs for the the Tinymight if you use them upside down with a basket screen.

Last edited:

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
Hey jbm I am not Bossman but I guess he meant that a Zv2 is faster to heat up than a og due to thicker German glass. Except that all Z's perform the same...

Consolidated21,
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
^^ As I understood it, the 4 holes were created for creating more airflow, thus less restriction & bigger clouds, when using a rig. It was short-lived in popularity. Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Can you say a bit more about what "best performing" entails for you? Damn, I need to buy a Zv2 now?
Hey jbm I am not Bossman but I guess he meant that a Zv2 is faster to heat up than a og due to thicker German glass. Except that all Z's perform the same...
It's actually the custom Zs that were made with the thicker German glass joint and maybe that does make them a bit slower to heat soak.

I haven't put either of my custom Zs on the Ravage to this point and haven't seen an irresistible deal for a backup. In general, my custom Zs seem more durable, more rustic looking from a rougher finish, and a bit more prone to hot spots or harder to get fully dialed in.

The Chinese Zs have a less rugged glass joint and a smoother wood finish. I won't speculate about differences in the manufacturing process or the build of the heater. They've more reliably delivered a solid first hit from a cold start for me while my customs are more hit and miss without some preheat love.

I adore my custom Zs and I embrace the subtle and not so subtle differences in character and performance with various mod pairings across my whole Splinter collection. The Z is still my favorite portable since its lack of portability doesn't affect me at home and the flavor and vapor quality are connoisseur level.
IMG_20200821_131508~2.jpg

jbm

They've more reliably delivered a solid first hit from a cold start for me while my customs are more hit and miss without some preheat love.
Ah, thanks for the response. That’s what I was thinking you might have meant. I’m fine with the preheat. Thanks, I just saved a bunch of money, which I can spend on...weed!

jbm,
Reactions: bossman

SquirrelMaster

It's actually the custom Zs that were made with the thicker German glass joint and maybe that does make them a bit slower to heat soak.

I haven't put either of my custom Zs on the Ravage to this point and haven't seen an irresistible deal for a backup. In general, my custom Zs seem more durable, more rustic looking from a rougher finish, and a bit more prone to hot spots or harder to get fully dialed in.

The Chinese Zs have a less rugged glass joint and a smoother wood finish. I won't speculate about differences in the manufacturing process or the build of the heater. They've more reliably delivered a solid first hit from a cold start for me while my customs are more hit and miss without some preheat love.

I adore my custom Zs and I embrace the subtle and not so subtle differences in character and performance with various mod pairings across my whole Splinter collection. The Z is still my favorite portable since its lack of portability doesn't affect me at home and the flavor and vapor quality are connoisseur level.
View attachment 1973
Comparing my ZV1 and US Custom performance wise I find them identical in usage when in wattage but the US custom does much better in TCR without any tweaking. I've heard of some owners who prefer one or the other from strictly a performance stand point (China vs US) so I would guess it comes down to manufacturing tolerances as the heater mesh is the same spec in each iirc.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Comparing my ZV1 and US Custom performance wise I find them identical in usage when in wattage but the US custom does much better in TCR without any tweaking. I've heard of some owners who prefer one or the other from strictly a performance stand point (China vs US) so I would guess it comes down to manufacturing tolerances as the heater mesh is the same spec in each iirc.
Yeah, I agree that there's some variation from unit to unit. There's likely more difference between individual custom Zs too since they were hand assembled.

I gave my ZV1 to a friend but used it for a while before that and it easily had the most open draw of all my Splinters despite being a two hole model like the rest. It was super even like the ZV2s but it didn't vape the same as those due to the increased airflow - felt more like a Tubo.

Mr.Sifter

And here I am again with a question I tried to google and the more I do the more confused I get.

I am looking into a Wismec Dual Mod.
Is it correct these Mods take flat-top 18650 ?

It's really scary to read on all the safety features in 18650 cells and I don't understand half of it.

Some say "unprotected" - sounds dangerous.

Can you recommend the safest 18650 for the Wismec Dual with the Splinter, please ?

Sony Konion US18650VTC5 - 2600mAh, 3,6V - 3,7V Flat Top ???
any good ?

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
And here I am again with a question I tried to google and the more I do the more confused I get.

It's really scary to read on all the safety features in 18650 cells and I don't understand half of it.

Can you recommend the safest 18650 for the Wismec Dual with the Splinter, please ?
I use these with no issues.

arb,

jbm

I use a mix of Sony VTC5a’s and LG H2’s. You could probably also use the VT6. The Wismec takes 2 flat top 18650 cells, yes. You need to take care with these batteries, but it’s not as bad as it can sound. If you look around here I recall at least one thread on battery safety.

jbm,
Reactions: Summer

Mr.Sifter

I could get Sony Konion US18650VTC5 - 2600mAh, 3,6V - 3,7V Flat Top from a legit seller at at a good price right now.
Should I jump on it ?

I am a bit scared because it says "unprotected"

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,

androponic

vaped.
I could get Sony Konion US18650VTC5 - 2600mAh, 3,6V - 3,7V Flat Top from a legit seller at at a good price right now.
Should I jump on it ?

I am a bit scared because it says "unprotected"
your mod will do the protecting for you it has circuitry built in. just be sure to keep the batteries stored safely in cases and inspect the wraps often to spot any peeling especially around the tops and rewrap or recycle damaged ones asap.

Mr.Sifter

I will order the Sony Konion US18650VTC5 - 2600mAh, 3,6V - 3,7V Flat Top now along with cases.

thank you so much for your patiently helpful information to this point.

Last edited:

Helios

my cell needs are sourced thru liionwholesale.
Lightning shipping, however with the post shenanigans YMMV.

Helios,
Reactions: chaos191

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Since I suck at using the search feature on this site..... Has anyone used their splinter for concentrates? I was gifted some wax and except for my e nano all my other vapes are portables and I'd love to vaporize that wax!

Alegre,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Since I suck at using the search feature on this site..... Has anyone used their splinter for concentrates? I was gifted some wax and except for my e nano all my other vapes are portables and I'd love to vaporize that wax!

Yes, better with the Z, I use straight wattage 60 to 65 w, cram a mesh pad in a 19 / 19 WPA (so it gives you extra room in the 19 / 22 Z less risk of dab touching heater screen) and use some kind of female glass piece that keeps the splinter inverted in use...

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Yes, better with the Z, I use straight wattage 60 to 65 w, cram a mesh pad in a 19 / 19 WPA (so it gives you extra room in the 19 / 22 Z less risk of dab touching heater screen) and use some kind of female glass piece that keeps the splinter inverted in use...
Damn... Too bad I don't own a WPA or glass piece 😥 Why I don't it's beyond me!.....I need to get with the program!

I have never used my splinters or z at that high temperature..... Didn't know I could, nor had a reason to. I always use them on wattage mode but never higher than 40 watts.

Learned something new today... thank you!

Shit Snacks

Damn... Too bad I don't own a WPA or glass piece 😥 Why I don't it's beyond me!.....I need to get with the program!

I have never used my splinters or z at that high temperature..... Didn't know I could, nor had a reason to. I always use them on wattage mode but never higher than 40 watts.

Learned something new today... thank you!

Yeah you have to be careful with that high of a wattage, you don't want it to be powered up without you drawing for more than a few seconds if even, but if you are drawing fast there is no problem, but herbs are likely to combust very quickly! But if you wanted to try like taking a 5-second hit, that could feasibly work, but yeah you don't really want to go above 45 watts in general... But the splinter can handle a lot and this is a special case, it may very well be able to go even higher than that but I don't want to risk it!

Oh you definitely need a WPA, great to use with a dry j-hook and other attachments that aren't necessarily bubblers... And yeah I wouldn't want to use concentrates with the splinter right side up, though you could conceivably do that safely and I know many have, though I am a little too ocd about keeping things pristinely clean myself!

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Yeah you have to be careful with that high of a wattage, you don't want it to be powered up without you drawing for more than a few seconds if even, but if you are drawing fast there is no problem, but herbs are likely to combust very quickly! But if you wanted to try like taking a 5-second hit, that could feasibly work, but yeah you don't really want to go above 45 watts in general... But the splinter can handle a lot and this is a special case, it may very well be able to go even higher than that but I don't want to risk it!

Oh you definitely need a WPA, great to use with a dry j-hook and other attachments that aren't necessarily bubblers... And yeah I wouldn't want to use concentrates with the splinter right side up, though you could conceivably do that safely and I know many have, though I am a little too ocd about keeping things pristinely clean myself!
Great advise as always, thank you my friend!

On a different note, I read that people do concentrates in a vapcap and some hemp fiber..... That I have! I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow because tonight I'm snuggling up with my Milaana. 😉

Shit Snacks

Great advise as always, thank you my friend!

On a different note, I read that people do concentrates in a vapcap and some hemp fiber..... That I have! I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow because tonight I'm snuggling up with my Milaana. 😉

Yeah that would work here, I don't know why when we made the switch to steel mesh instead, but yeah you can use a lot and load the dab further from the heater with the hemp fiber in between and it should be fine, able to soak up anything with right amount.

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom