Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got my Splinter Z V2 and its absolutely stunning

The line is definitely going out in style.

Nice! I think there is a reason he saved that one for last, gorgeous wood grain, there really were some stunners! Were you able to find the FC DNA profiles??

NimChimpsky

Got my Splinter Z V2 and its absolutely stunning
The line is definitely going out in style.
Hell yea man! Congrats! That's so awesome you won the giveaway, and such a lovely grain. It's funny, too, I feel like we are one the same RBT journey. Iirc, we got our first RBT devices (Mi3) around the same time, then V2s, Mi2s and now ZV2s lol. I'm in the process of completing a purchase from Unklmark that includes his last Splinter Z V2 along with a ZionM. Getting blue glass on the Z and cocobolo accents on the ZionM. I'll share some pics when they arrive, hopefully next week. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Z performance, glad you asked about the different mod settings!

Razhumikin

Nice! I think there is a reason he saved that one for last, gorgeous wood grain, there really were some stunners! Were you able to find the FC DNA profiles?

I havent bothered, the native settings on the mod works very well.

Hell yea man! Congrats! That's so awesome you won the giveaway, and such a lovely grain. It's funny, too, I feel like we are one the same RBT journey. Iirc, we got our first RBT devices (Mi3) around the same time, then V2s, Mi2s and now ZV2s lol. I'm in the process of completing a purchase from Unklmark that includes his last Splinter Z V2 along with a ZionM. Getting blue glass on the Z and cocobolo accents on the ZionM. I'll share some pics when they arrive, hopefully next week. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Z performance, glad you asked about the different mod settings!
Definitely, i actually felt the same way!

Gonchin

Thanks a lot!
As a matter of fact, @Gonchin, check out the master adapter video for short stem use with water:

puffitup had it for cheaper, but it's OOS there.

I'm pretty impressed with this thing so far. It works great in wattage and TCR mode.

I also just acquired a Stempod SI this week. So far the Splinter has superior performance.

Once I get my other Wismec gen3, I'll start playing with TUBO.

I've gotten a couple of messages saying it's shorted on the mod. I reattach the splinter and it goes away. I'm trying to figure out if it is a Mod problem or a splinter problem.

floribud

I also just acquired a Stempod SI this week. So far the Splinter has superior performance.
I recently acquired a Splinter V2 with a known crack in the wood. The crack was small and the price was good so I went for it.

When I received it, I noticed the glass insert slid out. It loos like there was adhesive along the top edge. Does anyone know what I can use to glue the glass back in place?

I haven't even gotten to use it yet. The only mods I have are RX75 devices I got specifically for an impcognito and the Splinter does not fit. I have a couple Gen3 mods on the way (one even has a Stempod attached as a bonus).

I'm curious, what do you like about the Splinter better Stempod(I've never had a Stempod). I've got 3 Splinters and a Z, but I use my Z (TCR) all the time, except for the two times I've broken it and I go back to Splinters in Wattage mode. So far my inner glass busted loose because of a bad repair. The body is also cracked but Unklmark has fixed it up real nice nice glass and he epoxied the crack and you'd never know it was there unless you were loking for it. The 2 months later I dropped it while unpacking after a trip. This time got Black glass from Unklmark, I'll post pix later.

Also for inner basket screens... these are awesome https://delta3dstudios.com/hd-basket-screen-bp465-5-pack/ if you want to load your herb higher in the tube. I always do that. The Z is super stable with TCR

Gonchin

I'm curious, what do you like about the Splinter better Stempod(I've never had a Stempod). I've got 3 Splinters and a Z, but I use my Z (TCR) all the time, except for the two times I've broken it and I go back to Splinters in Wattage mode. So far my inner glass busted loose because of a bad repair. The body is also cracked but Unklmark has fixed it up real nice nice glass and he epoxied the crack and you'd never know it was there unless you were loking for it. The 2 months later I dropped it while unpacking after a trip. This time got Black glass from Unklmark, I'll post pix later.

Also for inner basket screens... these are awesome https://delta3dstudios.com/hd-basket-screen-bp465-5-pack/ if you want to load your herb higher in the tube. I always do that. The Z is super stable with TCR
My splinter came with a crack in the wood, but it doesn't seem to effect performance.

I can't really compare the stempod fairly. I've only ran a few loads through, but 2 of them, I combusted. It was also modified by the previous owner with a 4 coil set up.

Shit Snacks

Hi maybe for someone with a splinter with the inner glass rim broken finds these usefull.
At local pottery they could made a copy out of clay and its fits well

https://imgshare.io/images/2021/07/18/P_20210530_073845_SRES.th.jpg

https://imgshare.io/images/2021/07/18/P_20210530_073730_SRES.jpg

Welcome to FC! That would be awesome to have ceramic, with all the variants I would be shocked if it worked properly with all the stems and screens etc... Links are dead, so we can't see the photos though btw...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Toyo

Link doesn't work for me. You have the name of the company?
Welcome to FC! That would be awesome to have ceramic, with all the variants I would be shocked if it worked properly with all the stems and screens etc... Links are dead, so we can't see the photos though btw...
Thanks to this forum.
https://postimg.cc/R6c9z6B2
https://postimg.cc/D4TvWQ62
https://postimg.cc/NytvkGT4
It can fit the standard glass stem just got some issue with the air cooling stem cause it is little more wider.

Its been made by an artisan pottery place who calls "Argile"

Last edited:

NimChimpsky

Holy grail package from Unklmark arrived today.. suffice to say that I didn't get much work done this afternoon and I'm too baked at the moment to really type much other than, fucking Wow. Got TCR working with the ZV2 immediately (thanks for the settings @bossman) totally understand the love for the Z heater now. It can eat a full basket screen like nothing. And the ZM... :o will def post some more thoughts/pics in that thread once I regain motor function.

Razhumikin

Holy grail package from Unklmark arrived today.. suffice to say that I didn't get much work done this afternoon and I'm too baked at the moment to really type much other than, fucking Wow. Got TCR working with the ZV2 immediately (thanks for the settings @bossman) totally understand the love for the Z heater now. It can eat a full basket screen like nothing. And the ZM... :o will def post some more thoughts/pics in that thread once I regain motor function.
Ugh that ZM is incredible looking, I definitely need one.

Gonchin

Atomizer Shorted?

I keep getting this message when using my V2. I have gotten this message on 2 mods. Both wismec gen3 duals. One I bought used, the other brand new.

When I get the message, resistance shows 0, which aligns with the message. If I remove the V2 and reinstall it, the message clears.

Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Gonchin

Check the screw on the bottom of your V2 deck. It might be loose. Don't overtighten.
I was able to snug it up maybe a quarter turn. But that didn't fix the issue.

I also read that batteries could cause the issue. I had been using some batteries I got used with a stempod on entexchange. I changed them out with some batteries I just purchased a couple months ago. Unfortunately, that did not fox my issue either.

Both of my wismec gen3 mods are running artic fox. I may load tubo just to rule out software.

Shit Snacks

I was able to snug it up maybe a quarter turn. But that didn't fix the issue.

I also read that batteries could cause the issue. I had been using some batteries I got used with a stempod on entexchange. I changed them out with some batteries I just purchased a couple months ago. Unfortunately, that did not fox my issue either.

Both of my wismec gen3 mods are running artic fox. I may load tubo just to rule out software.

Sounds likely it could be the mods, there are a lot of wonky G3D out there from what I recall hearing? Particularly their connection

Gonchin

Also try loosening it back up, these things can be wonky. Once it works, don't mess with it. 99% sure it's not a software problem...

This may have worked. I unscrewed it all the way out, then back snug. I ran 2 loads through it last night and I did not get the error once. It was happening several times a load, so this is a good sign.

Thank you very much!

Top Bottom