Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
This unfamiliar seller has the Espion in all three colorways from a China warehouse for $35 + plus whatever shipping adds.

Update: Oops, @reece pointed out that it says "no payment method available" at checkout so I guess in the end this was a red herring and not a blue Espion. Sorry!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am still happily using my Canary Custom Z on a VT75D (DNA mod). That and my TM are what I use daily. It seems most other of y'all have given up your DNA mods, but not me. :nod:

Yeah I whipped out my big RX three battery DNA250 mod that has my purpleheart Z a little while ago again, nice, but I do find the Ravages to be so much more comfortable to use, with that little side button, two taps to autofire so I don't even have to hold it down in use, perfect upside down on a bubbler... I'm going to have to take my canary Z from the G3D it is on running in wattage, and I think I will move it to the silver blue Espeon, then my ZV2 can go on the black ravage (ZV1 is on the purple ravage) I do have my iHeat on a single battery DNA75C like your hcigar DNA, but as @bossman says it is so much more tedious to use temp stepping etc. just so many buttons to push lol

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm going to have to take my canary Z from the G3D it is on running in wattage, and I think I will move it to the silver blue Espeon, then my ZV2 can go on the black ravage (ZV1 is on the purple ravage)
Getting those Zs on Red Panda mods is a capital idea, although I'd prefer seeing purple on purple and black on black. I mean how many people even have the option to put a purple Z on a purple Ravage?

Do you and @cybrguy use TC or wattage with your bubblers? I hope the Zs are as friendly as the Tinymight with the new Goo Roo glass.

Shit Snacks

Getting those Zs on Red Panda mods is a capital idea, although I'd prefer seeing purple on purple and black on black. I mean how many people even have the option to put a purple Z on a purple Ravage?

Ha! I don't think I am the only one though, and my original plan was actually to put the canary on the purple ravage before I got the silver blue espeon, but honestly the purple looks best of all on that bronze mod which is partially why I keep that setup at all... Also that PH Z, for whatever reason, is my least favorite of all performance and flavor wise (although I love my purpleheart Milaana1v2 it was a completely different block of wood) so yeah I prefer it on my least used mod... And finally, in my list of reasoning, while I love the color of the purple ravage, it is really not a match for the purpleheart wood in person frankly. I actually really dig how it looks with my ZV1, and yeah getting the ZV2 back to black is going to be all around a good combo I think for them! (unless I end up switching the canary to the purple, the pink streaks match okay) oh I also have a gloss orange black ravage although it is currently occupied by the Sai+ it was actually originally intended for the purpleheart Z believe it or not (I definitely posted it here too, there is a paper trail, only I remember it obviously lol)

Do you and @cybrguy use TC or wattage with your bubblers? I hope the Zs are as friendly as the Tinymight with the new Goo Roo glass.

So it's been a long time since I've actually used my Canary Z, but when I was using it it was wattage through bubblers because I never set it up with temp control after initial attempts, then it became a convection dab wand at super high wattage very effectively... However lately I have been using my ZV2 and ZV1 through my new tall glass pieces from China (CaliBear straight fab FOL and DGCglass tall spiked tube inline both in milk blue) on the Espeon and Ravage respectively, in temp control as that is the only way I use them, I did not set up profiles the way you did to go back and forth although that is genius!

Anyway I think the gooroo glass is going to be great regardless, that inline with the Z should be very effective, I might suggest getting a s shape drop down (got mine from here on DHgate very cheap and quick to ship, also responsive as I was able to get two different sizes by messaging after I ordered since you do have a two-piece minimum order) so you can watch the vapor flowing even more easily... I only just got these but they are my new favorite thing, also keep the water cleaner with less herb particulate getting in, I really am feeling like where have they been all my life lol

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Ha! I don't think I am the only one though, and my original plan was actually to put the canary on the purple ravage before I got the silver blue espeon, but honestly the purple looks best of all on that bronze mod which is partially why I keep that setup at all... Also that PH Z, for whatever reason, is my least favorite of all performance and flavor wise (although I love my purpleheart Milaana1v2 it was a completely different block of wood) so yeah I prefer it on my least used mod... And finally, in my list of reasoning, while I love the color of the purple ravage, it is really not a match for the purpleheart wood in person frankly. I actually really dig how it looks with my ZV1, and yeah getting the ZV2 back to black is going to be all around a good combo I think for them! (unless I end up switching the canary to the purple, the pink streaks match okay) oh I also have a gloss orange black ravage although it is currently occupied by the Sai+ it was actually originally intended for the purpleheart Z believe it or not (I definitely posted it here too, there is a paper trail, only I remember it obviously lol)

So it's been a long time since I've actually used my Canary Z, but when I was using it it was wattage through bubblers because I never set it up with temp control after initial attempts, then it became a convection dab wand at super high wattage very effectively... However lately I have been using my ZV2 and ZV1 through my new tall glass pieces from China (CaliBear straight fab FOL and DGCglass tall spiked tube inline both in milk blue) on the Espeon and Ravage respectively, in temp control as that is the only way I use them, I did not set up profiles the way you did to go back and forth although that is genius!

Anyway I think the gooroo glass is going to be great regardless, that inline with the Z should be very effective, I might suggest getting a s shape drop down (got mine from here on DHgate very cheap and quick to ship, also responsive as I was able to get two different sizes by messaging after I ordered since you do have a two-piece minimum order) so you can watch the vapor flowing even more easily... I only just got these but they are my new favorite thing, also keep the water cleaner with less herb particulate getting in, I really am feeling like where have they been all my life lol
That all makes sense, although I moved on from that bronze wismec ages ago and think giving the Zs Red Panda shoes is more about performance than color coordination and/or ergonomics. Oh, I remember you buying the loud orange Ravage - that mod sure came in some ecig colorways didn't it?

I'd be curious how much better we can get the purple heart dialed in.
The more open ZV1/ZV2 definitely have their appeal and in use what I notice most between my customs and China Zs is the enforced slower draw of the customs. Before the Red Panda revolution I definitely had the experience of my Chinese Zs being more even and consistent so maybe the mod/firmware upgrade will bring some performance improvements to the table... not that you have room for anything on your table with the bubbler army arriving relentlessly like the white walkers lol

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
not that you have room for anything on your table with the bubbler army arriving relentlessly like the white walkers lol
Maybe if he got a few of these and placed than strategically around the front door...
dragons-silicone-water-pipe-with-glass-bowl.jpg

Now that I think of it that would only stop the dead. He needs DragonGlass or Valyrian Steel for the white walkers. So, he is doomed... :rolleyes:

Here we go. He needs this...
w_5_0031565_longclaw-the-sword-of-jon-snow.png

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Haha too true! such a shame the final season of that show ruined the entire story for me somehow...

That all makes sense, although I moved on from that bronze wismec ages ago and think giving the Zs Red Panda shoes is more about performance than color coordination and/or ergonomics. Oh, I remember you buying the loud orange Ravage - that mod sure came in some ecig colorways didn't it?

Haha yeah remember I was originally totally turned off by it until I discovered the purple color and then ended up liking the black!

And yes you are right, but like I said the performance has been fine, it is more the unit itself, which was actually purchased purely for the aesthetics of the purpleheart and particularly on the bronze mod... You are correct the performance would be better on the red panda mods, and they would be more ergonomic, however I have too many Splinter Z, and it is not even one of my most used vape anymore (enjoying Milaana3 more now if you can believe it) so I am not looking to use the PH Z anymore frequently, as such I do not mind it being on a lesser mod mostly unused in a drawer or box even now
:lmao:

I'd be curious how much better we can get the purple heart dialed in.
The more open ZV1/ZV2 definitely have their appeal and in use what I notice most between my customs and China Zs is the enforced slower draw of the customs. Before the Red Panda revolution I definitely had the experience of my Chinese Zs being more even and consistent so maybe the mod/firmware upgrade will bring some performance improvements to the table...

Well to be fair I have not used my custom Z much, as I said, in a while, but I do not recall noticing much difference based on draw restriction in use honestly? I'm sure the PH would run better once I set it up on the red panda mods, even on an Arctic Fox mod (my SplinterV2 is still doing fantastic set up that way on a P80, I used that again a little while ago for the first time after I used the PH Z on the bronze mod, and I was quite impressed with the performance!) but again I just have no real interest in the near future, feeling temptation to set up the canary Z though as I said, so that will come first and we'll see if the result leaves me wanting to do the same for the PH Z then!

Anyway yeah I remember you had that experience with the ZV1 and the ZV2 compared to your custom Z, that is a big part of what drove me to grabbing those as well this past year when I was able to, one of the final final ever for each of them, however now that I have both dialed in pretty well on the red panda mods and plenty of experience with them, I don't know if I agree? Again, I obviously have to set up the Canary Z to compare more directly, but that canary Z just running in wattage, on the shitty G3D and even shittier cuboid before it, was easily the best of all of them, I'm talking the vapor quality and extraction, just tops!

So that also led me wanting more, and I still wish I had grabbed a second canary as backup, because really there is just variability and especially in the users themselves, like what we would need to do is for you to send me your splinters, then I would send you mine back with them I guess, shit like that is the only way we could figure out the variables, who knows! I mean it would be more fun to actually get together and try them all in person together...

Don't get me wrong I love using the ZV1 in temp control on the ravage, it just is not exact it's different, and the ZV2 on the Espeon is too, kind of like cold and hot versions (for example it often seems like the ZV1 is not extracting as deeply while the ZV2 is going too deep lol), but they have other subtle differences, I'm curious if things will change when I put the ZV2 back on the black ravage, which is still set up without locked resistance like you have yours and how I originally had the ZV1 on it working well, but it was when the ZV2 arrived and I just tried to swap it on to go to town, that I discovered the settings were not working out anymore... So then I had to do the whole process I documented here, realizing each one was need ing a pretty different locked resistance (like .39 for ZV1 and .41 for ZV2 but the specifics are in that original post) to get some consistent stability, but yeah they're still not exactly accurate per se? More enjoyable to use than the purpleheart on RX, though honestly that one might feel a bit more consistent and accurate... Maybe it's closer to the ZV1 than the ZV2? So yeah I am just feeling lazy, not wanting to go down the rabbit hole with the canary Z just yet, but I am tempted because I still love that damn Z, though I wish it was brand new again :lol:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Don't get me wrong I love using the ZV1 in temp control on the ravage, it just is not exact it's different, and the ZV2 on the Espeon is too, kind of like cold and hot versions (for example it often seems like the ZV1 is not extracting as deeply while the ZV2 is going too deep lol), but they have other subtle differences, I'm curious if things will change when I put the ZV2 back on the black ravage, which is still set up without locked resistance like you have yours and how I originally had the ZV1 on it working well, but it was when the ZV2 arrived and I just tried to swap it on to go to town, that I discovered the settings were not working out anymore... So then I had to do the whole process I documented here, realizing each one was need ing a pretty different locked resistance (like .39 for ZV1 and .41 for ZV2 but the specifics are in that original post) to get some consistent stability, but yeah they're still not exactly accurate per se? More enjoyable to use than the purpleheart on RX, though honestly that one might feel a bit more consistent and accurate... Maybe it's closer to the ZV1 than the ZV2? So yeah I am just feeling lazy, not wanting to go down the rabbit hole with the canary Z just yet, but I am tempted because I still love that damn Z, though I wish it was brand new again :lol:
That Splinter Z soliloquy was awesome and this crescendo at the end was my favorite part. And at least I know someone out there cares about Splinter Z mod pairings if only theoretically lol

In related news I tried the bubinga Z joint packed with the new Goo Roo inline and it's more pleasant and open than with the Tinymight, though not nearly as milky yet from my own caution and lack of technique.

Shit Snacks

That Splinter Z soliloquy was awesome and this crescendo at the end was my favorite part. And at least I know someone out there cares about Splinter Z mod pairings if only theoretically lol

:rofl:I'm quite insane, you know...

In related news I tried the bubinga Z joint packed with the new Goo Roo inline and it's more pleasant and open than with the Tinymight, though not nearly as milky yet from my own caution and lack of technique.

Nice! Yeah there is something about the way the TM extracts that seems hard to top for quick thick milk, but crank that Z up to 45 watts (carefully spinning as you hit, which is a two-handed operation holding the body of the Z and the WPA, so you use auto fire of course) or 42 or 43 if you want to be a little safe, if you can see any part of the glass filling, this is where an s shape drop down could help, then you'll know when to turn the power off (depending on your auto fire setting) but keep inhaling and spinning the Z... The whole thing should be 20 seconds or less honestly? I think that is a recipe for ultimate milk, even more so than upper level temp control bubbler hits (although those are what I'm doing now, with my ZV1 on the purple Ravage I can safely do one hitters at 430 but they are not that milky thick, ZV2 can go further lower although it's got a little more scorch risk so 390 and less time inhaling... My autofires are set to 45 seconds so I end up having to click again to turn it off is all) I remember the old days using Zion through water was such a treat, the Z can be even better with all the fancy mod features!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Excepted with the Zion you can use very long stems and the taste is much improved by the extra cooling. I mean, you could use the same stem on a Splinter but it would look super silly and out of place..

The Zion heater also has probably more inertia thanks to the extra mass and length. It's amazing how long you can continue drawing with the trigger off and it still produces new dense vapor.

Gonchin

I recently acquired a Splinter V2 with a known crack in the wood. The crack was small and the price was good so I went for it.

When I received it, I noticed the glass insert slid out. It loos like there was adhesive along the top edge. Does anyone know what I can use to glue the glass back in place?

I haven't even gotten to use it yet. The only mods I have are RX75 devices I got specifically for an impcognito and the Splinter does not fit. I have a couple Gen3 mods on the way (one even has a Stempod attached as a bonus).

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I recently acquired a Splinter V2 with a known crack in the wood. The crack was small and the price was good so I went for it.

When I received it, I noticed the glass insert slid out. It loos like there was adhesive along the top edge. Does anyone know what I can use to glue the glass back in place?

I haven't even gotten to use it yet. The only mods I have are RX75 devices I got specifically for an impcognito and the Splinter does not fit. I have a couple Gen3 mods on the way (one even has a Stempod attached as a bonus).

Searching this thread for you, found discussions on glue here:

Gonchin

Searching this thread for you, found discussions on glue here:

Thank You!

Gonchin,
Reactions: arb

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Excepted with the Zion you can use very long stems and the taste is much improved by the extra cooling. I mean, you could use the same stem on a Splinter but it would look super silly and out of place..
What, you mean like this?
Custom-on-Canary.jpg

About 3/4" shorter than this which I occasionally use...
Custom-w-TM2.jpg

I don't really mind "silly" if it works...

Gonchin

I was able to re-epoxy the glass insert on my V2. I also got a Wismec Gen3. Now I have to figure out how to load the stems.

They did not come with any screens. All I got were 2 short grey stems. I've been trying to carefully insert standard screens but not having any luck just yet. Edit - Found a basket screen that works.

Does anyone know where I can find basket screens for these? Never mind I found some. 1/2" baskets off amazon.

Also are there sources for alternate stems?

Last edited:

Razhumikin

I was able to re-epoxy the glass insert on my V2. I also got a Wismec Gen3. Now I have to figure out how to load the stems.

They did not come with any screens. All I got were 2 short grey stems. I've been trying to carefully insert standard screens but not having any luck just yet. Edit - Found a basket screen that works.

Does anyone know where I can find basket screens for these? Never mind I found some. 1/2" baskets off amazon.

Also are there sources for alternate stems?
508Phineas on Instagram makes some really really nice stems for RBT products, I have one of his light blue vigreaux stems and it works like a dream for the splinter. You can also get long stem XL8rs from The Herb Cafe, which is a Canadian headshop, but the shipping price to the states is insanely high. Still might be worth it though, I think Im going to pick up a few extra XL8Rs myself.

Summer

Long Island, NY
As a matter of fact, @Gonchin, check out the master adapter video for short stem use with water:

puffitup had it for cheaper, but it's OOS there.

NimChimpsky

It's been a year of obsessing but I finally got things together to make some heaters and possibly some DIY kits. one of the worst tricks played on the community was the dead-in-the-water open source initiative and empty promises of putting kits together for people.

Holy shit man! You really have been doing some work. Those heaters look amazing and possible kits sound super promising. Sign me up :tup:

Top Bottom