Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

MikeRotchHertz

I think this guy may be able to help with sourcing replacement glass perhaps...
https://www.reddit.com/r/EntExchange/comments/i7romk

Hi, that's me. It was actually another member on Reddit that turned me on to the company selling all kinds of 19/22 stems.
https://www.mountainglass.com/search?keywords=female 19 22

They of course have to be cut to fit, but they fit pretty well in splinters and milaanas (non US only) without affecting the airflow IMO.

Plus I love having the advantage of more stem choices with the 19/22. I've been digging my lamart smoked nub lately.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Weak sauce regards parts but par for Ryans course I reckon.
Buy a 18MM ground joint and cut it yourself seems fairly easy and lots of repair videos from rbt which is also par for Ryans course.
Very interesting human being who I hope keeps doing his do and finds peace.
👍

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi, that's me. It was actually another member on Reddit that turned me on to the company selling all kinds of 19/22 stems.
https://www.mountainglass.com/search?keywords=female 19 22

They of course have to be cut to fit, but they fit pretty well in splinters and milaanas (non US only) without affecting the airflow IMO.

Plus I love having the advantage of more stem choices with the 19/22. I've been digging my lamart smoked nub lately.

Oh hey! I guess I should have tried to tag you first here ;) and I did not realize it was mountainglass, yeah they're good, been mentioning them lately another threads, did not know that they sold female glass, nice!

MikeRotchHertz

@MikeRotchHertz, you think you can take up the mantel & do Splinter glass replacements as needed? 🙏

And what does "non US only" mean in your above post?

Haha I'm honored you think I could, but I don't have the tools to do the backlog im afraid there is. Plus I do not want to steal any business from KGW as she is 100X more qualified than me. I just talked to her recently and shower her mountain glass, so she may or may not use to source them.

I will be glad to help anyone with sourcing parts and talking them through the safety precautions needed when cutting glass. You can always PM me and we can discuss.

For non US, I mean Chinese splinters and the milaana 3. This glass does not have as large of lip as the German glass so the airflow is unsuitable for those. It tried it with a Mi2 and it didn't fit. It's probably been a couple of months, but I was able to buy some pre-cut German glass KGW had received from Ryan to repair a Milaana 2 and US splinter so she should still have more of the German glass upon request

Edit:
Looks like Ryan is selling the name and designs and intellectual property of RBT
http://instagr.am/p/CDw-tWyHwzC/

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

Do you reckon the Splinter vapor to be safe?
I just discovered this vape after being in a long hiatus away from vaping.

I heard something about glowing coils that emit metal particles when they cool down.
Not sure, though. Might be wrong or mixing facts I don't know.

Mr.Sifter,

androponic

vaped.

I heard something about glowing coils that emit metal particles when they cool down.
running the splinters with the HSA (high surface area) heater tech and using the wattages recommended by RBT and many others here you should not be heating the coil enough to glow at all.

Mr.Sifter

Oh, just realized that RBT is going out of business.
Is it wise to invest in a "dead system" ?

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,

Shit Snacks

There are no glowing coils here, the heater design is not a coil and it does not glow with proper use... So yes the vapor is perfectly safe! Some other models do have glowing coils that you might have to tinker with (like the MPL StemPod and Dreamwood Glow)

Oh, just realized that RBT is going out of business.
Is it wise ti invest in a "dead system" ?

It's not that they're going out of business per se, it's that it is a one-man show without any help, so the business is for sale (primarily there are many Milaana that are made and need to be sold at the moment) This is also not the first time RBT has hit rough patches like this, we'll see what happens with the brand and products over time...

However yes the Splinter is no longer being made, while warranty and repair services could be lacking now, though I think it is still a good purchase to make... There is very little that can go wrong with these, as long as you know how to take care of glass well, I have so many RBT vapes and they are all still working perfectly even years later!

Splinter is still my favorite 510 mod based vape... I have a V2, two custom Z, and a ZV1 on the way, along with an iHeat, MistVape Imp, and Dreamwood Glow14, but have not tried StemPod or Musa510. There is just something special about RBT heaters and I am a big fan of glass on glass for purity.

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

Now I know what vape I heard the glowing coil thing about.
It was the stempod.

Splinter is not being made any longer?
Uh, this puts kind of time pressure on my decision.

Shit Snacks

Now I know what vape I heard the glowing coil thing about.
It was the stempod.

Splinter is not being made any longer?
Uh, this puts kind of time pressure on my decision.

Yeah, StemPod is more DIY style coil building, I think it comes with standard for wattage but yeah people tinker for temp control and building their own to avoid glow... Dreamwood I know uses kanthal which is supposed to be safe glowing, but who knows for sure? other people rebuild steel coils for it to use in temp control like StemPod though... In the Splinter, the heater is not accessible, as there should be no need to ever replace it (not a coil)

And yeah I'm not sure, but I don't think there will be any more custom Splinter Z (I know theres at least stock of Milaana 2 and 3 built though) and I don't believe the factory in China is producing the regular V/ZV ones anymore either... Though theoretically they still could, like I don't think it's unreasonable to suppose production could be geared up again with investors? But that is total speculation... So yes I would take this as the last opportunity to buy the Splinter, from PlanetVape right now, that is why I just jumped on the chance to snag a ZV1 to complete my own collection!

Shit Snacks,

Mr.Sifter

aaaaand even more pressure. :D

I am from the EU.
Vapefiend is the only EU distributor that I know of that sells Splinters.
It is quite expensive here.
Around 130$ for the basic version.

Shit Snacks

aaaaand even more pressure. :D

I am from the EU.
Vapefiend is the only EU distributor that I know of that sells Splinters.
It is quite expensive here.
Around 130$ for the basic version.

Ah yeah I forgot vapefiend still have some as well, I think there is someone else that does too... So in the EU it would make sense to order from them probably, but $130 is not a bad price? My ZV1 from planetvape came to $140 shipped... not unreasonable imo

I would recommend spending a little more for a Z over a regular Splinter, depending how you intend to use it? The regular one is a little smaller so more portable, but its still not the most out and about type portable anyway, so for primary indoors use I would go for the Z as it is a bit more robust... But especially if you are not comparing them, either one will perform very well for you!

The other aspect is getting a mod for it, but those don't have to be expensive either... It also may be worth reaching out to VF via email to see if they may be able to hook you up with a some sort of bundle deal at least?? If there are no coupon codes available...

androponic

vaped.
My milaana glows quite brightly.
There is a LOT of misinformation being bandied about regards glowing coils.
😂
i dont think the milaana can be in the same discussion as splinter. splinter relies on mod sttings to avoid the glow and run the heater as designed. milaana is unregulated so yes you can get it to glow if you stay on the button but you are aupposed to be feathering the button to keep the heater in the zone desired. it can overpower the heater if you are on the button too much especially with more
powerful 18650 cells.

Shit Snacks

My milaana glows quite brightly.
There is a LOT of misinformation being bandied about regards glowing coils.
😂

Yeah, Splinter is regulated so that is different, but even a Milaana should not be glowing in normal proper use... That isn't to say they're not able to glow, but yeah they're not supposed to regularly at least... This isn't really the place to discuss Milaana of course, but are you saying your standard Mi method is to make the heater glow in use?!

Shit Snacks

I am saying when I hold the button down for more than 7 seconds or so and it glows.
I cannot see it when I am hitting it but I assume it glows then also,not worried about it just saying it does.

Oh actually it will not glow the same when you are drawing air through it, that cools it down, but yeah that is a little long to hold the button on a hotter running Milaana at least, and yeah it is definitely not advisable to do so without inhaling (on the regular) btw.

GoldenBud

I am saying when I hold the button down for more than 7 seconds or so and it glows.
I cannot see it when I am hitting it but I assume it glows then also,not worried about it just saying it does.
you like to extract the bowl in 1 hit, eh? :rockon:

GoldenBud,
Reactions: arb

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Man I leave for a little while and RBT is for sale and the splinter discontinued?! I'm bummed out! I absolutely love this full line of products and currently own 2 Milaanas, an og splinter, a z, and one of those splinters built abroad... Brand new in box as a back up. Plus a bunch of mouth pieces... regular and cooling. Those along with my e nano is pretty much all I used anymore on the daily. I'll be sad if one of them breaks and I can't replace or get em fixed! I'm kinda sad!

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Very sad also... I purchased the first Milaana version but never was in the Rbt train... and now they getting out of business I want their vapes... Is it a symptom of a big issue in my mind...? (I bought 2 Squares when they was out of business, get interest in a Vapolution3 and still looking for the rare ESV floating around) How do you call that syndrom?

I'll try to get a Splinter since @Shit Snacks get me about his preference for his Splinter... I have a Iheat I dig a lot, a MistVape Imp and a Tinymight which is a powertool! Which Splinter would you recommand @Shit Snacks ?

Mr.Sifter

Here is the thing:
I just found out the splinter exists and I seem to have a vague comprehension of how it works. Or not.

I am going back and forth.
„nah, dont need it“. I use a Vapcap and thats good enough for me.
Come the next day and I am thinking about this mysterious wooden tube again.

The possibility of picking the thing up and just pressing a button to get an instant hit is nice.
But a Vapcap with an IH can do that to.

Can small amounts of material be used in the splinter without holding it upside down in waterfilter-position?

Often a 0.05g Vapcap bowl is enough for me.
The splinter is more a heavy hitter, right? That uses more
material, or am I guessing wrong?

Top Bottom