Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have poor fortune lately. Broke my Z few weeks ago, G43 few days later. Dropped n broke the glass in my splinter v2 last night. :(
Been a rough summer
That's awful. I never made the cut for the G43 but use my Splinter Zs on the regular. What are you vaping with now?

bossman,
Reactions: Chandler

Chandler

Message me and I can talk you through fixing them
Appreciated. However in order to fix I require new glass inserts. KG had glass on the way, probably quickest n more reliable to go with them
What are you vaping with now?
it's too bad you couldn't snag a G. You'd like it for sure! For home use it's VROD. On the go it'll be back to dynavap + fluxer deluxe until I get Splinters back up n running

Mribisback_

Looking for recommendations on side-by-side mods that will fit a US Custom Splinter Z. Tia!

Movkin Disguiser can fit 25mm. Fits my Stempod but not my Splinter. It could with some modification though. It's not that great of a mod though, super heavy, no TC.

Mribisback_,

Sticky13

Have joined the RX3 party (former DNA'er,) pretty impressed :D .. Nice lightweight lil mod, easy to set up & cruise mode is a touch :tup: .. A small negative it gets a lil warm.

Im currently using 50w, Ohm's -0.003 from cold, TCR 130, 400f. No PI-R, still looking into that.

Gave these a try yesterday, finding its scortching the bowl abit, but the device in all feels cooler.

eta: Getting there, lowered to -0.006 from cold, P value 1000 and TCR to 155. Needs abit of adjusting back up.. will get it on the monitor. Cheers :tup:

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Have joined the RX3 party (former DNA'er,) pretty impressed :D .. Nice lightweight lil mod, easy to set up & cruise mode is a touch :tup: .. A small negative it gets a lil warm.

Im currently using 50w, Ohm's -0.003 from cold, TCR 130, 400f. No PI-R, still looking into that.
You rocking a Z or a V2 on that rxg3d? I don't think I have PID enabled on mine and they're still quite even and consistent. I keep more aggressive settings on my Splinter and Splinter Z mods because I like quick heat up and easy vapor production at lower displayed temps, typically starting around 360°. My V2s are set to max 36W and TCR 160 with whatever the unlocked cold resistance is (.24 to .27) and for my ZV2 I bump the max wattage to something in the 42 to 45W range.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
We have a couple US custom Z. Gone back to the original setting for now*, will have a play around with the monitor and PI-R when have abit more time.

*50w, Ohm's -0.003 from cold, TCR 130, 400f - working very nicely on both me Z's for on demand TC terpy clouds.

By the way that's not an RX3, it's an RXgen3Dual aka RXG3D or just G3D ;)

Chandler

*sigh* contacted kgwoodcrafts to inquire if the awaited internal glass for repairs to splintersZ's had arrived. To my great fortune it appears there is no more glass available so @kgwoodcrafts will no longer be servicing RBT products.... Thcdelivery.ca whom I was waiting for to get a fresh batch of RBT WPA's to replace their bad batch n the 2 they sold me last month, I don't expect those to arrive either.

My splinter journey ended rather quick, just as I was really enjoying it. On to the next.
Such is vape life I suppose.

Salute to Splinter n my fallen comrades who will not be resurrected.

jbm

*sigh* contacted kgwoodcrafts to inquire if the awaited internal glass for repairs to splintersZ's had arrived. To my great fortune it appears there is no more glass available so @kgwoodcrafts will no longer be servicing RBT products.... Thcdelivery.ca whom I was waiting for to get a fresh batch of RBT WPA's to replace their bad batch n the 2 they sold me last month, I don't expect those to arrive either.

My splinter journey ended rather quick, just as I was really enjoying it. On to the next.
Such is vape life I suppose.

Salute to Splinter n my fallen comrades who will not be resurrected.
They already ran out? I thought the parts weren’t even arriving there for a few months. I better coddle my RBT vapes.

Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks,

Chandler

They already ran out? I thought the parts weren’t even arriving there for a few months.
No, the glass (parts) won't /didn't arrive at all
I thought about it. But, after breaking two in as many months with no warranty, difficult to source parts for a fix... No thanks. (my mind could always change though)
$170 before shipping is not exactly cheap
Are you Canadian? That would be approx. $125USD
Still expensive

Shit Snacks

No, the glass (parts) won't /didn't arrive at all
I thought about it. But, after breaking two in as many months with no warranty, difficult to source parts for a fix... No thanks. (my mind could always change though)

Are you Canadian? That would be approx. $125USD
Still expensive

Oh no US, thank you, that is much more palatable if they are the last ones available!

juanavape

Damn do we think that is accurate? Old listings maybe? Because I really thought there was no way to get a Splinter ZV1 anywhere now as I finally decided I want one for my collection... $170 before shipping is not exactly cheap though, for an absolutely unnecessary purchase I mean lol

It's an up to date listing, I ordered one today. In Canada.

Shit Snacks

Welp now I have ordered one as well... Paid for the expedited shipping with tracking, hopefully that goes smoothly!

Apparently these are going pretty fast, with many customers ordering multiple units, so get them while you can people!

Hope to complete my collection with this ZV1 running in temp control on purple G3D... Have to decide on firmware I suppose!

Chandler

kgwoodcrafts is not providing support for the rbt products?
Here's a copy of the email response I received from @kgwoodcrafts yesterday

*Unfortunately, there is no more glass available for servicing Splinters. Because of that, along with the difficulty that Ryan was having in sourcing more glass and parts, we have decided that I will no longer be doing repairs on RBT devices. Going forward, I will be primarily focused on my dream of developing KGWoodcrafts, and will be devoting the majority of my time building and designing Dynavap stems/products. I wish you the best in finding replacement glass for your device. I recommend checking with places like Mountain Glass or ABR Imagery to see if they have anything available.

Thanks,*

Shit Snacks

Here's a copy of the email response I received from @kgwoodcrafts yesterday

*Unfortunately, there is no more glass available for servicing Splinters. Because of that, along with the difficulty that Ryan was having in sourcing more glass and parts, we have decided that I will no longer be doing repairs on RBT devices. Going forward, I will be primarily focused on my dream of developing KGWoodcrafts, and will be devoting the majority of my time building and designing Dynavap stems/products. I wish you the best in finding replacement glass for your device. I recommend checking with places like Mountain Glass or ABR Imagery to see if they have anything available.

Thanks,*

I think this guy may be able to help with sourcing replacement glass perhaps...
https://www.reddit.com/r/EntExchange/comments/i7romk

Top Bottom