Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The mesh thats used for the heater, or specs- awg/micron, if we could find a replacement closer to home.

They don't do spare heaters, you should never ever need to replace the heater, especially not yourself! KGW is more for glass repairs, electronics, and such...

I love my Splinter Z's! And I'll be Iooking forward to seeing what's next for RBT, but I do hope that this isn't the last of the splinter line! I'd go a bigger heater Ryan!!

Now I've ended up with a extra RX Gen3 with the latest Tubo firmware which I had hoped to use my Tetrax on, problem is the Tetrax is not connecting with it, however my splinter zs are....

So I am wondering what settings should I use on Tubo with the splinter z? Do I just change the resistance and lower the voltage? If so what is recommended??

Many thanks!

If you search here you should find your answers, or at least in the other threads I guess... short answer no, lock the cold resistance then adjust the TCR value to get the temperature you feel is right (and make sure to lower the max wattage, there may be other stuff from tubo you need to change)

Sticky13

They don't do spare heaters, you should never ever need to replace the heater, especially not yourself! KGW is more for glass repairs, electronics, and such...

Awesome! .. I thought coils may deteriorate over time (well a long time with the size of the Z mesh,) abit like RDA coils.

Cheers.:tup:

Sticky13,

Easywider

Simple is the way
I love my Splinter Z's! And I'll be Iooking forward to seeing what's next for RBT, but I do hope that this isn't the last of the splinter line! I'd go a bigger heater Ryan!!

Now I've ended up with a extra RX Gen3 with the latest Tubo firmware which I had hoped to use my Tetrax on, problem is the Tetrax is not connecting with it, however my splinter zs are....

So I am wondering what settings should I use on Tubo with the splinter z? Do I just change the resistance and lower the voltage? If so what is recommended??

Many thanks!

Here's a quick start guide here for setting up Tubo on Splinter (non Z model) so you may have to tweak a bit to your liking but it's a good start for pairing tubo FW with splinter - https://fuckcombustion.com/resources/splinter-tubomyevic-quick-start-guide.27/

someTooL

I’d put my Z away for a few months. Been experimenting with some other toys. Charged some batteries and broke it out. I liked the Z when I first got it, but moved away for some reason. NOW, it’s back in full rotation. I was late to the email or I’d jumped on a spare Z for sure.

jbm

@MikeRotchHertz, is that a Ravage? If so, how do you like it? I've been thinking of picking one up. Also, I assume the butane is there for scale and you're not trying to fill the stem with it...:rofl:

jbm,

MikeRotchHertz

@MikeRotchHertz, is that a Ravage? If so, how do you like it? I've been thinking of picking one up. Also, I assume the butane is there for scale and you're not trying to fill the stem with it...:rofl:
Yes I love the ravage way more than my gen 3 dual. Someone on here posted when it was on sale and I want to thank them. I had no prior experience with red panda but it's the same as Arctic for moreorless I think.

Butane for scale. No bananas handy... Just got done refilling a lighter for my vapman

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yes I love the ravage way more than my gen 3 dual. Someone on here posted when it was on sale and I want to thank them. I had no prior experience with red panda but it's the same as Arctic for moreorless I think.

Butane for scale. No bananas handy... Just got done refilling a lighter for my vapman
That was likely me pimping the Ravage deal. The total stack height with a Z makes it less ergonomic than a rxg3d but performance has been the best of any non-DNAc mod I've used. And yeah Red Panda looks and works great with the Ravage, doesn't it? Wish I could set the temp to increment by 5 degrees instead of two in TC though.

MikeRotchHertz

That was likely me pimping the Ravage deal. The total stack height with a Z makes it less ergonomic than a rxg3d but performance has been the best of any non-DNAc mod I've used. And yeah Red Panda looks and works great with the Ravage. My only little quibble is the temp incrementing 2° at a time. Five degree increments is handier for my use.

Well let me officially thank you then! I bought 2, traded 1 with a splinter and now regretting it. This setup is definitely top heavy with this mod. That plus having cracked a few RBT glass in my life has me puckering the whole time im hitting this.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@bossman I also picked up one from that Ravage deal, thanks.
I loaded Red Panda and into a Sinuous P80 I loaded AF while I was at it, so I'm using my Splinter v1+ on one of those two.
The Ravage re-sparked my interest in the Splinter and loving it in straight wattage mode default profile. The only things I've altered are the shutoff timer and the watt setting.

I'm ready to take a dive into TC (or is it TCR?). I need some very simple instruction (please assume I am thick as a brick). Maybe as simple as a profile file to upload?

vapviking,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I loaded Red Panda and into a Sinuous P80 I loaded AF while I was at it, so I'm using my Splinter v1+ on one of those two.
The Ravage re-sparked my interest in the Splinter and loving it in straight wattage mode default profile. The only things I've altered are the shutoff timer and the watt setting.

I'm ready to take a dive into TC (or is it TCR?). I need some very simple instruction (please assume I am thick as a brick). Maybe as simple as a profile file to upload?
Since pretty early on I've kept a ZV2 on my Red Panda Ravage and the beauty of it is the lack of specific settings. I've never locked the resistance and only set the max wattage in TC to 50W. The results have been wonderfully consistent with quicker heatup than my DNAc Zs, very even abv, and excellent vapor production from 360 to around 400°.
IMG_20200301_182129.jpg
IMG_20200429_173353~2.jpg

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy

Here are my settings for the Z2, but there is room for improvement.

CastIronHits,
Reactions: vapviking

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Here are my settings for the Z2, but there is room for improvement.

Did you mean ZV2 or V2? The resistance looks right for a ZV2 but if that's what you've got I'd go with max wattage of 50W for TC profiles. I prefer 50 to 60w for my Zs and around 36W max for TC on my V2s and my last V1. In both cases I like to see easy vapor production at displayed temps as low as 360°.

bossman,

xer0

Did you mean ZV2 or V2? The resistance looks right for a ZV2 but if that's what you've got I'd go with max wattage of 50W for TC profiles. I prefer 50 to 60w for my Zs and around 36W max for TC on my V2s and my last V1. In both cases I like to see easy vapor production at displayed temps as low as 360°.

I have a couple posts back on page 10 with my Zv2 TC/PI-Regulator settings and video examples of vapor production.

I have a regular v2 as well. I can post those settings if you'd like.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have a couple posts back on page 10 with my Zv2 TC/PI-Regulator settings and video examples of vapor production.

I have a regular v2 as well. I can post those settings if you'd like.
All my Splinters and Zs are humming but thanks for the offer! @vapviking is interested.

I only wanted you to know that that's an uncommonly low max wattage for a Z.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I just wanted to throw this out into our little Splinter (thread) Universe. I feel no need to share this in another forum because you all are my Splinter family & I know you'll understand what I'm saying whether or not you agree.

Recently, on another unnamed site, a reply to an RBT post was made which was factually true concerning Ryan's poor performance handling RBT CS. I found it disheartening because the post was 1) unnecessary as, technically, RBT is defunct, & mostly 2) the way in which it was said was unnecessarily hurtful.

Then I got to thinking, while CS not being Ryan's forte is an understatement (& I'm sure he would agree), I mean, My God, man, you gotta be generous & realistic & overlook the bad because it pales in comparison to Ryan's formidable & necessary contribution to our vaporizer community.

From researching threads by date it appears that the Splinter design led to the iheat, Z & Timber & to the Stempod which led to a few vapes with replaceable kanthal coils like MistVapes' Imp & Musa; even the upcoming Herbie510 which is, I believe, a CE-certified, 75W DNA mod vape. Now, I can't say that RBT did or did not get his idea from the Tubo Evic which was announced in Oct. 2016 while the Splinter was announced Dec. 2016.

While the Mist Herbal vape design appeared about a year before the the MI, it appears the Milaana led partly to the MVT, to the Lil' Bud, Nomad & now MistVape is gonna be beta testing this new one:

http://instagr.am/p/CDAIw7BHpoA/
Furthermore, Ryan gave us 4 versions of the Mi, each with it's own personality as he was tweaking the design.

What I do know for sure is that me & a bunch of us here would be having a far less enjoyable vaping experience if Ryan hadn't created these vapes. So to counter that post, I say, a heartfelt thank you to Ryan for bestowing on us these wonderful vapes (don't forget the Zion!) for our enjoyment & towards advancing the playing field. :bowdown:

Anyway, no replies expected. Just a thank you for letting me get this off my chest. I just needed to be heard. I feel better. :)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Since pretty early on I've kept a ZV2 on my Red Panda Ravage and the beauty of it is the lack of specific settings. I've never locked the resistance and only set the max wattage in TC to 50W. The results have been wonderfully consistent with quicker heatup than my DNAc Zs, very even abv, and excellent vapor production from 360 to around 400°.
View attachment 1628
View attachment 1629
Thanks. On the Ravage230, TC, I set the watts to 50 and had a very nice, even bowl with the Splinter V1+, at 180 + 195 C.
When I did similar to the Sinuous P80 (only changing the watts setting to 50), I got some charring on the first long draw. I've gone back in the AF and set watts to 36 for next attempt.

With @CastIronHits screenshot (thanks) I saw that I needed to change the coil to "TCR", though I elected to leave the parameter at 120 rather than the 150 you show: I just don't know enough about this shit...

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy

Yes my profile is for a ZV2, but I posted an old save by accident. I'm actually running 45w at 380 with TCR of 150. Basically copied your Splinter Z post and went from there. @vapviking

Top Bottom